Lewisville Lake Park Campground

• Sewer Sewer no
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Lewisville Lake Park Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $20.00

Stayed here for a few nights. Nice laundry facility, we had the best site with large field for the dog. Right next to the lake. Was a very nice stay We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $18.00

I have very mixed reviews for this campground. 1. Nightly rate was fantastic for a long pull-thru site with 50 amps! However, the sites were VERY close together...maybe 10 feet between them. Fortunately, we didn't have anyone on either side of us, so there was enough room for our slide outs. 2. The asphalt on the individual sites was very rough and torn up, making it hard to level your rig, but the streets are wide and smooth. 3. Although the park was mostly full, the grounds were very neat and well-kept. Some areas have plenty of trees, but our site did not have any shade. 4. The laundry facility closed at 8 PM, so I didn't get to use it at all. 5. There were two bath houses, but neither one had any AC. The newer building was like a sauna inside because there was no ventilation except for a mounted fan blowing HOT air. At least the older building had screened windows, allowing some fresh air in from outside. 6. The campground had nice scenery since it was between a golf course and a lake. But, it was located directly in a flight path, and there were jets flying overhead the whole time. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Grass

Very convenient to lake and golf course

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $18.00

City Park. Sites are gravel, ours was not level. Lots of restrictions and regulations. Site manager charged up on golf cart and chided me for being slightly out of parking space at restroom (which only had 2 parking places). Large dump station. You are locked in at/out night (with no gate code, etc.) Close to Lake Lewisville, but no access to the lake. You must enter the park grounds to gain access to the lake. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $9.00

Roads and dump station recently redone ..site pads could stand to be resurfaced...good cell service and good WiFi..don't arrive early as you are not allowed to check in before 1:30 pm even if site is open,,,however my neighbor pulled in at 1;00 while I had to wait outside gate until 1:30... be aware gate closes at 11 pm each night. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lewisville Lake Park Campground

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $9.00

An amazing city park! It's clean and neat and borders a lake. The park is gated and the gate is closed at night. There are several rules and they are enforced across the board. We thought this was a bonus. Google maps directions were correct. All sites are back in and the roads aren't very wide, which can present a challenge backing a 40 ft 5th wheel, but they took that into consideration and gave us a site with fairly easy access. The roads and sites are paved but the sites aren't really level, especially at the back. There is no sewer hook-up but a nice dump station is easily accessible. There is not a fenced dog area but there are a lot of on-leash walking trails and grassy areas. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $16.00

Stayed here for 28 days. 30 amp spots were pretty close although plenty of room to pull out your slides. Park was easy to navigate. Fairly difficult to get in the spot if not a pull-through. Also really strict on rules for parking, and the gates close at night, so if you aren't back in time, you have to park across the street. 50 amp spots were spacious and concrete. Depending on your spot, you could have a beautiful view of the lake. Also very close to the lake which was nice. Of course, being Texas, this also means lots of bugs if you stay in the summer. Most of the spots were shaded as well. Facilities are well-maintained, and the staff is accessible. My biggest issue is that there are no sewer hook-ups. You have to drive to the dump station to empty. Part of that is on me because I didn't really read/care about the hook-up situation as this was the first park that I parked my trailer at after purchasing it (first-time RV'er & this was my first RV park I stayed at after purchasing my RV). In addition, you are not allowed to stay longer than 28 days, no matter what. We were leaving the entire state of Texas - maybe for good - and they wouldn't let us stay an extra two days, even if the park isn't full. They also threatened to fine me 5 bucks because I didn't leave the park after check-out time. I was completely out of my spot and was parked on the edge near the lake & away from everyone to check my tires & valves - and they almost tried to fine me. Bottom line - beautiful, quiet park with close proximity to the highway w/o hearing the highway. I would stay here again, and I would recommend others to stay here as well. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $9.00

This park recently repaved the roads which was a good thing. They should have repaved the site pads while they were at it. The asphalt pads have dips and divots in them from weight and age. It takes some leveling using boards to make it work. This park is a place we visit every year except the year it flooded a couple of years ago. The maximum stay is 4 weeks during the summer. I believe in the winter it is a little longer. You can stay the maximum and leave for 2 weeks I believe then come back again. This is a Corp of Engineer park so they have a curfew. The gate is closed from 11pm to 6am. If you happen to get stuck being out after curfew you can park at the ball park next door and walk in then move the car in the morning. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

This park is on Lake Lewisville. There is a public dock close by. There is a disk golf course close by as well as a 9 hole (lighted for night golf) and a 18 hole golf course across the street.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $16.00

Lake Park Campground is very clean and well-kept. I've detailed the pros & cons below. Pros: price was very good at $16 a night for water and electric, dump station on site, close to the lake, tall pine trees, cleanly mowed campsites, nice bathrooms (with real mirrors not the polished metal ones that some other parks have, girls understand the struggle lol), quiet, cement streets and campsite pads (no gravel), nice sized camp sites, grills at every site, pretty area.

Cons: The gate locks at 11 PM, you have to call a Park Ranger to come unlock the gate if you need out after that time, that can be annoying and is a fire/safety hazard. No boat ramp at the campgrounds, you have to drive out and around to get to the boat ramp and show your receipt to prove you paid to camp otherwise they will make you pay a fee to get into the area you have to get into to use a boat ramp. Ant beds at the campsite need to be treated, we have hundreds of ants get into the camper and into my food. I had to go buy bait boxes to get rid of them. I've camped a lot and I've never had issues with ants in the camper before. There were at least two large ant mounds at my campsite.

Final Thoughts: I would stay here again mainly because of the price & other positive things that I have mentioned. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $8.00

Beautiful park on the shore of Lake Lewisville. Office staff very efficient and friendly. Had made a reservation and everything was ready for us when we arrived. Though the site wasn't huge it was more than big enough to put out our slides and awning. We had a nice lake view. We would stay here again. Only objections is that we could not reserve a 50 amp site because we have just one A/C unit! that is a city rule! We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots of restaurants and shopping opportunities in Lewisville.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $1.00

The earlier review shows the park is close and possibly could be open in early summer. From the lack of construction progress I see in the campground I would expect the date to be more like mid to late summer. The reservations phone number has a recording stating they will update the recording when they have an opening date. Note: The campground website does not show the CG is closed. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $18.00

This park is closed until further notice. They've read the reviews and are completely repaving the roads and from what I can see, putting in cement pads. It appears it will be very nice when done - and probably no longer $18 per night. There is no indication when it will officially reopen, but early summer 2017 seems possible. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $9.00

This park for its value and location worked well for us. It's distance away from the freeway resulted in a quiet visit. The park host and employees did a great job addressing our request to make repairs on the electrical box cover. The women's bathroom/shower was clean, and adequate. I noticed that the men's needed some work. Shower door would not lock (maladjusted), the wall paint in the shower was peeling, and there was mold on the shower curtain. This was passed on to the camp host. The camping spots sizes varied. 50amp sites were longer with my size coach (45ft) I was able to fit my coach and Jeep angled on the pad. They do have a parking area in the center if you can't fit on your site. Sites were older asphalt. Roads in the park were fair, with that said the park will be closing the end of Feb. 2017 for resurfacing and updating. Electrical for 50 amp was good with no issues. WiFi signal was strong with good service for checking email and light web surfing. Dump sight was good with low drainage point and good water pressure. The lane was a bit tight for a large coach and the turn radius. All in all I would come back for its location to the lake and its price. No frills, but quiet. Park gate locks at 11:00pm no way to come in or leave except for an emergency. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $23.00

This park was wonderful, and felt very safe. The sweet lady that checked us in was AWESOME. Super friendly and helpful. She even guided us back to our spot. We stayed for a week, the spots were very tight and close together, but everyone was so friendly we didn't mind.

The only con would be lack of sewer and our water hose didn't reach the spigot because it was pretty far away from the rest of the hook ups.

Beautiful area, park across the road. Would absolutely stay again! :) We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $9.00

We like staying at Lake Park when we return to the DFW area for doctors / dentists visits twice a year. The senior rate of $9/night for 50A with water is a good deal for this area. The interior roads are in poor shape and the gate is locked at night - but folks who live in the area could still walk into the campground with no problem. When we stayed at this park in April, 2016, the RVer in the site next to us had two bicycles stolen - lock your bikes.

We were in site 77 which is really long and has good separation from the rig on your "passenger" side. I think they try not to put anyone in 78 because it is very very close.

The campground does not seem to allow 50A RVs to stay in 30A sites - said they have had problems with that causing issues on their 30A hookups. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Wonderful areas to walk around in the Lewisville park that surrounds the campground. Easy access to other areas in DFW. I-35E is *horrible*. We experienced getting a nail in a tire of our Jeep 3 times while staying here (2x in April, 2016, 1x in October, 2016) - can't say that it was due to the campground - maybe due to I-35E construction.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $8.00

This is an OK park if you are interested in a no frills area. The sites are water and electric only with a dump site. For the most part it was a good stay except they have 2 looong term residents whose old run down stuff spreads all over their site. This is unusual for a city park but...the follow most of the rules. 30 day limit, out for a few days and back in for 30 days. He said he's been doing that for 5 years. When ever code enforcement or the campground staff tries to get him to tidy up or limit his stay I'm told he goes to the city council and complains that they won't let a homeless vet use the park. So for him and a neighbor the rules are bent. I cut my visit short by 50% and no, no refund. According to a staff worker there had been so many early departures in the past that the City of Lewisville stopped giving refunds.

While there there are picnic tables, many are in too poor a condition to use. We camped at Lewisville Lake Park Campground in a Motorhome.

30 amp area
Asphalt, Dirt

Poor Conditions

Tons of shopping, lake activities (if you have your own stuff), etc. Pretty much in the Northern heart of the Dallas metroplex. Come prepared for a low average quality CG and you will be fine.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lewisville Lake Park Campground

Are you affiliated with Lewisville Lake Park Campground ?