Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park

Lubbock, Texas

Recent Rate: $25 8/2014

RedRaider1993

I just came back from my first stay at Camelot in Lubbock, and I thought it was a really nice RV park. The pads are concrete and very level, with a large number of pull throughs. Utility and sewer connections were also easy to access and clean. There's a decent number of trees (at least by Lubbock standards), and a reasonable amount of space between pads. The staff in the office was very friendly and accommodating when I needed a little bit of a late checkout. The pool area seemed nice, though we didn't use it. It's quite a large park, with a lot of permanent residents, but most of the residents are toward the back of the park. The short term pads are near the front, and the front part of the park seems clean and well-kept. Some of the ones in the back were a bit junky looking, but as a short-term stay, you don't have to go back there. Overall, I enjoyed it, and I plan to stay here any time I come back to Lubbock. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

upatoiboy

We tried to spend the night in a 35" rig. Very confusing entry and if you follow the signs to the office, you are going to wind up in a dead end, take the car off and turn around situation. The office closes at 5:00PM. When we called the office number, we were assigned a circular pull through, and told to stick the money in the door. When we found the spot, it was on a slope too steep for my jacks to handle. I departed and found another park. This one is adequate, mostly permanent residences, all facilities. I just won't stay here anymore, too much of a hassle when there is a really good park right around the corner. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

tandkj

Agree with previous entries, difficult to get in and out in a 40' MH. The pet walk area was where ever we could walk the dog and people did not pick up after their dogs. Might be a good place for a smaller unit but not a large MH. Staff was friendly. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

SteveCampsTx

I have to disagree with previous reviews. We camped here in a 25' travel trailer and didn't have any problem navigating the park. They accept credit cards now. There are usually a few sites reserved for short term campers. The sites are fairly level. They don't have Wi-Fi available. This is a very convenient place to stay when visiting Lubbock. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Travel Trailer.

North Carolina Nomads

We’ve parked at several combination or transitional Mobile Home/RV Parks and have had good experiences, but this one felt like a low-end trailer park. Loud muscle cars and pickup trucks driving too fast, late parties, and people short-cutting across our site between our RV and our toad! A surprise after reading the phrase “sensible rules rigidly enforced” on their web site. The site and road layout is one of the worst we’ve seen for RV’s. Obviously designed by people with NO RV experience EVER. I don’t even know how to describe the obstacles I had to back around to get into our site, but I can assure you, it was worse than any cones my RV Driving School instructor ever set up. We were in a brand new, level, concrete site with patio, but the water hookup was on the wrong side! There is a laundry on site, but we went out the door faster than we went in. One good thing, when I looked on their web site I was concerned that their bizarre castle gate front entrance might be a problem for our unusually tall RV, but it’s huge and we had plenty of clearance. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

arleen

We found the park to be clean and staff friendly. Paved roads and sites are wide enough for easy in and out. Our site, 79, was easy to navigate with our 40 foot 5th wheel. Some of the other sites might not be as easy for large units. Signs need to be improved. As we pulled into the park, we were lucky enough to meet a resident who told us how to get to the office. Only cash or check accepted. We would stay here again. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Fifth Wheel.

wfr1

A couple of notes that will help here. The park was easy to find with our Garman GPS although the access freeway (289) is under construction and the approach VERY narrow. This park accepts only checks or cash. No credit cards. The day clerk was very nice and efficient. washers are $1 and dryers in 25 cent increments. No cable TV, although there is a connection. The quoted rate of $22 is for a back-in site. Pull-throughs are $24.50. Verizon cards worked well. No other WiFi. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Fifth Wheel.

mikel

Like many have said before, the pull through site hook ups vary from pad to pad. It's a bit awkward pulling into the pull throughs down at the end due to the angle wide turn you may have to make based on you length. No Cable or Wi-Fi. The restrooms are located by the office, there is only one Men and Women restroom with showers in each. We stayed here for a one nighter. Extremely friendly staff. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Traveling man

This is a nice clean RV park in a good part of Lubbock. It is a former mobile home park, and there are still a few mobile homes, but mainly RV's now. There are quite a few year-round residents, but it looks nice, as they have tight restrictions on how sites must be kept. Roads are paved and wide, and sites are pull through near the office, or back in mobile home pads elsewhere (which offer a roomier location). Security is good, with video in public areas, and a regular patrol service. Residents for longer than a week must submit to a background check. It's fairly quiet, but if you are there on a Monday evening camp away from the fitness club next door as there is a live announcer and music that is cranked up full blast. Rest rooms and showers are clean, but there is only one men's shower and one for the ladies. The manager is very friendly, and helpful. There is no Wi-Fi, but Sprint broadband works in the park, although a bit slower than in many areas of the city. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Travel Trailer.

chopperdan

Nice and clean place with a pool! pull through sites were very well kept. Very impressed with this nice park in Lubbock Texas. It is close to shopping at the mall, Sams Club and Target, easy access and lots of trees. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

bwandwhitey

Cash or check only! The park was fine and if they ever finish the SR-289 loop, it will be an easy on and off. Great for overnight. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

adsaxs

We would agree with some of the prior comments regarding the layout of the utilities. Please note that there is no consistency in where the utilities are located. This is probably due to the fact that the park is converting from a mobile park to a RV campground. My advice would be to look at the site before driving into the spot. A number of sites have the sewer outlet in the back just beyond the concrete pad (requiring at least a 20 foot hose). The bathrooms were clean but a little tired looking. The bathroom hallway was dimly lit. We did not use the bathrooms. The laundry looked OK but we did not use them either. There was neither Wi-Fi nor cable at this park. Our Verizon air-card worked well. The park was quiet at night. We stayed there for a week and would come back again if we were in the neighborhood. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Fifth Wheel.

lolly58

We are regular customers at this RV park. We travel through in the summer months and have doctor appointments in winter months as well as come to TTU football games in the fall. We have always been greeted and assisted very well by the managers and staff. The park is always kept up and clean. Reservations are a must in the summer months due to high traffic and popularity. Camelot is the nicest RV park in Lubbock! The people are great and attentive! No better place to be in the area. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Fifth Wheel.

greytdogs

We arrived just before closing time. The clerk was friendly and nice. We were in a fifth wheel traveling with companions in a motor home. The hookups for the pull through sites were located in the pad. We have never seen that before. They had been run over so many times the sleeves were broken and there was no cover on the sewer. I had to park to the side of the pad to keep my wheels from resting on the hook ups. Therefore I had to crawl under the fifth wheel on my belly to hook up the water and sewer. The temperature that day had been over 100 and the concrete burned me as I hooked up the utilities. We hurried to get the air conditioners going to cool things off and get the 2 dogs in the fifth wheel. Our traveling companions hooked up their motorhome at the same time. We no sooner got the AC going and both of us lost all electricity. The office was closed so I called the night number. The person answering the phone was trying to be polite but was aggressively very irritated at the same time at the inconvenience of my call. She said she would call maintenance and have them come look at the problem. In the mean time we are sweltering and so are the pets. I waited for maintenance what was about 30 minutes. We had already checked the breakers when we first lost power and they were not working. It dawned on me that there might be a breaker somewhere else that had tripped. Sure enough I spotted a couple of breaker boxes between the two sites and found a 100 amp breaker that was tripped. Voila! We had power again. I was rather proud of the fact that I had solved the problem so easily. I called the manager back and explained what I had done. I was told that it was their equipment and how dare I touch their equipment. I said excuse me but we were hot and had not seen anyone from maintenance. She stated in a very irritated way that she would cancel the maintenance call. She was very rude. I told her I was happy to help out and save everyone time out of their evening. A few minutes later a woman showed up at the door of our fifth wheel and asked my wife if she would have me "step outside". It was like an invitation to come out and fight. I was walking the dogs at the time waiting for the fifth wheel to cool down and was not there. The woman muttered something to my wife about getting her children at school and was interrupted by my call. She left in a huff since I couldn't come out and fight. It is the strangest thing I have ever seen at an RV park. We will definitely not stay there again. They are cash only, no internet, no cable, no service. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Nicrisgirl

An unusual park. The night/overnight spaces were long pull-throughs. However, the connections (sewer/water) were in the middle of the concrete pad. Therefore, you need to ensure that you do no drive over the "hole" and that you pull forward far enough so that you can access the connections. The rest of the park for longer term stays looked quite nice. The lady in the office had worked there for a long time. She was very nice. We would stay here again. It was convenient and the price was right. We camped at Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Mesa Verde RV Park

Wolfforth, Texas

Holiday Out RV Park

Los Fresnos, Texas

Buffalo Springs Lake

Lubbock, Texas

Fernbrook RV Park

Longview, Texas

Are you affiliated with Camelot Village RV & Mobile Home Park?