Home On The Range RV Park

Madisonville, Texas

TxRayne

My husband works in the oil field, and we have stayed here a few times as there are no other RV parks in the area. The facilities look awful but are relatively clean. The sites are hit or miss on a good spot. Some are terrible, uneven, ants, and awkward positioned spots. Some are even, grass, clean, and shaded. The owners allow their dogs to run loose and bother you, but I have seen them kick someone out because their dog was not on a leash outside their RV. Owners are nice as long as you comply to all their requests. This place lacks organization of tracking your stay and payment. Wifi is not good. An overnight stay is fine, monthly stay... I was always ready to leave. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

CitizensReflect

Just off I-45, brings quiet a bit of road noise, but not enough to be an issue. Laundry/Restrooms/Showers building looks like hell, but they are clean. Owners pets (at least three dogs) are running loose and it appears no one picks up after them. Also had 7 or 8 chickens walking through the park, with a very loud rooster. Yes, I said Chickens! Restaurant on site, serves really good food and super staff. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

DBCooper

The only positive thing about this CG is it's the only one in the area, and if you need a spot this is it. It looks like any construction ideas were started but stopped half way through several years ago. Semi shaded site with full hook ups. Good Sam discount wasn't applied as the computer wouldn't accept it. Next time I'll keep driving. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

Granitegirl

Be careful with this place. I have been living here since mid December and can not wait to get out of there. There is NO water pressure in the washers. It took me 3 hours and 10 minutes to wash 1 load of laundry. The water just trickles into the washer. When I asked the owner about it. He told me there is a laundry facility down the street that I could go to if I didn't like it there. I was told that I would have a 110 power plug installed at my site. It still hasn't been done. I was told I was tearing up his yard by parking next to my camper. I don't believe there is any pleasing this person. I think it's fine for an overnight. Don't suggest any lengthy stay. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

rfmscat

As an overnight stop, this park will be fine. It appears that the owners have plans to expand, with possibly a club house or recreational facilities. While it seems a bit pricey for what little is currently offered, the site was reasonably level, shady and easy to enter and exit. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dane

I was glad to pull in to this park. I was tired and it was just off the highway. I found it was a little noisy because it was right off interstate 45. The owners were nice and there were shade trees,also a little fishing pond. Hey, if you need somewhere to stay overnight why not We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

JCLC

We were looking for an overnight spot with clean laundry, after a long stretch of state park camping. This worked. Not as much shade as we had hoped (our site had none) and site was not level, but hookups and laundry worked. Laundry was only $1/load, but laundry room sure needed cleaning. We had really hoped to try the on site restaurant, but it's closed for dinner Sunday nights (and all of Monday). Lots of rather messy-looking permanents, so the place isn't scenic. If the park had been full, we would've rated it much lower as sites seem pretty close together. But, as is, when pretty empty, it worked fine for an overnight. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

travel neets

Excellent campgrounds! Love the owners, wonderful WiFi and easy access to I-45. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Libby

Well worth the Passport America price for an overnight. The modem at the office desk was not very handy. It appears to have many permanent residents and is a work in progress. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

Good stop on I45 for overnighters. We were there at the start of hunting season, gunshots
off in the distance made me jittery...watch for thorns on the ground if you have dogs. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Home On The Range RV Park?