Madisonville, Texas

• Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $33.00

This is a rustic RV place. Good for a one night layover during your travels. That's about it, really. Our neighbors sewer hook up was right next to our outdoor living area. One night when the wind was coming from the south we did have a sewer smell and moved inside. There are picnic tables, but no fire rings. Need to consider this is South TX and there is a drought. We were self contained and I am appreciative of that. Looks like there are a few people living onsite in this place. This place is in need of attention. I would like to see them make a go of it. It is very inexpensive which was nice. $120 for 4 nights. We stayed there to be by our daughter for Thanksgiving. Otherwise, 4 nights or maybe even 2 nights might be a bit much. I wish them the best. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $30.00

Facilities being worked on. Sites are on dirt and gravel. Need some one to show you to site as they are random. Would not want to stay if raining. Staff nice. Dogs and chickens running around. Did not complain as didn't bother me. resturant on site. Did not eat, but lots of locals did. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

Overnite stop, so cant give info on city.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $25.00

Spent one night, we were met and directed to our site by a gentlemen who gave my wife some bread pudding that they make for Texas customers. It was by far the best thing that happened to us here. The site was dirt and level. The grounds were muddy and there was a stench of sewage that was prevalent that evening over the entire area. We stayed and left early the next morning. This is one that I will avoid on my next trip. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

Front

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $27.00

Owner came out to check me in at 8 PM. Price was for 50 Amp full hookups. Location is very convenient to Buc-ee's and I-45. You can see and hear the traffic on the Interstate. Noise was not a problem with the air conditioner on. The is a well maintained park with gravel driveways and pads. Some grass is growing in the gravel pads. We had a very heavy rain and the drainage was pretty good with some puddles in the road. There is no cable TV, but OTA (over the air) eleven channels worked fine. ATT phone service is 5 out of 5 bars; Verizon was 2 out of 5 bars. There is no trash pickup at the sites. There are some chickens and mocking birds. There are some mature shade trees. The RV park offers home made bread pudding for $15 for a pan at the office. The free Wi-Fi strength and response is good. No flies or mosquitoes are noticeable. Beggar's Lice (plant seeds) are in the grass and wedge between the toes of our dog. He didn't like it until we picked them out. There are no picnic tables or fire rings. This is good for an overnight stay. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

A very large Buc-ee's is nearby. Fantastic selections of all things they carry. RV parking in the back.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $30.00

My husband works in the oil field, and we have stayed here a few times as there are no other RV parks in the area. The facilities look awful but are relatively clean. The sites are hit or miss on a good spot. Some are terrible, uneven, ants, and awkward positioned spots. Some are even, grass, clean, and shaded. The owners allow their dogs to run loose and bother you, but I have seen them kick someone out because their dog was not on a leash outside their RV. Owners are nice as long as you comply to all their requests. This place lacks organization of tracking your stay and payment. Wifi is not good. An overnight stay is fine, monthly stay... I was always ready to leave. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2012 - $30.00

Just off I-45, brings quiet a bit of road noise, but not enough to be an issue. Laundry/Restrooms/Showers building looks like hell, but they are clean. Owners pets (at least three dogs) are running loose and it appears no one picks up after them. Also had 7 or 8 chickens walking through the park, with a very loud rooster. Yes, I said Chickens! Restaurant on site, serves really good food and super staff. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $30.00

The only positive thing about this CG is it's the only one in the area, and if you need a spot this is it. It looks like any construction ideas were started but stopped half way through several years ago. Semi shaded site with full hook ups. Good Sam discount wasn't applied as the computer wouldn't accept it. Next time I'll keep driving. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $25.00

Be careful with this place. I have been living here since mid December and can not wait to get out of there. There is NO water pressure in the washers. It took me 3 hours and 10 minutes to wash 1 load of laundry. The water just trickles into the washer. When I asked the owner about it. He told me there is a laundry facility down the street that I could go to if I didn't like it there. I was told that I would have a 110 power plug installed at my site. It still hasn't been done. I was told I was tearing up his yard by parking next to my camper. I don't believe there is any pleasing this person. I think it's fine for an overnight. Don't suggest any lengthy stay. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $30.00

As an overnight stop, this park will be fine. It appears that the owners have plans to expand, with possibly a club house or recreational facilities. While it seems a bit pricey for what little is currently offered, the site was reasonably level, shady and easy to enter and exit. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $25.00

We were looking for an overnight spot with clean laundry, after a long stretch of state park camping. This worked. Not as much shade as we had hoped (our site had none) and site was not level, but hookups and laundry worked. Laundry was only $1/load, but laundry room sure needed cleaning. We had really hoped to try the on site restaurant, but it's closed for dinner Sunday nights (and all of Monday). Lots of rather messy-looking permanents, so the place isn't scenic. If the park had been full, we would've rated it much lower as sites seem pretty close together. But, as is, when pretty empty, it worked fine for an overnight. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $25.00

I was glad to pull in to this park. I was tired and it was just off the highway. I found it was a little noisy because it was right off interstate 45. The owners were nice and there were shade trees,also a little fishing pond. Hey, if you need somewhere to stay overnight why not We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $20.00

Excellent campgrounds! Love the owners, wonderful WiFi and easy access to I-45. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2004 - $11.00

Well worth the Passport America price for an overnight. The modem at the office desk was not very handy. It appears to have many permanent residents and is a work in progress. We camped at Home On The Range RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Lubbock KOA

Lubbock, Texas

Buffalo Springs Lake

Lubbock, Texas

Angler's Nest RV Park

Los Indios, Texas

Are you affiliated with Home On The Range RV Park?