Sunset Point on Lake LBJ

Marble Falls, Texas

Recent Rate: $60 8/2014

• yes-lake Waterfront

Msubulldawgnwaco

Nice clean park, very scenic with the lake surrounding the RV park. The staff was very friendly polite and helpful. The sites are paved spacious and perfectly level. Location of water sewer and electric where perfect for my 5th wheel. I loved the gate and security after hours! The downside to this park is the nonexistent Wi-Fi; got a signal, signed in with the code, then it required 45 minutes to download 1 email. (I was parked right next to the router! I switch to my ATT LTE card which does have great signal). The office/store is only opened from 9a-4p during the week and 10a-4p on the weekends. Also, the "cable" is DirecTV which goes out intermittently or will only give you half the channels listed. For the scenic beauty, large level spaces, and friendly staff, I will stay here again. If you require Wi-Fi or need to watch your favorite TV show, you will be sorely disappointed by this RV park. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Fifth Wheel.

tobyjug

This is a very well maintained RV Resort, with helpful staff at check in. Roads are paved and the pads are concrete, our pad was a very level pull through and big rig access was good. Quiet, fairly private, plenty of space for the towed, no shade tree on our site but some sites do have shade trees, our RV faced north which kept our patio in the shade in the evening. Some grass between you and your neighbor and a picnic table set on a concrete patio. We had a wonderful view over the lake. Bathrooms were clean and the laundry was also clean and well equipped. There is a security gate which closes at 4pm each day, but you are given a gate code to come and go as you please. Fairly pet friendly but there is no designated dog walk or pick up bags and a strict pet policy is enforced. WiFi is poor but cell is good. Lowe's, Walmart and HEB are ten minutes away and there are plenty of local restaurants  and sightseeing close by. We would stay here again, however it is expensive particularly the lakeshore motor coach sites.  We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

jelive

Site, roads, utility hookups, etc. all very clean and in excellent condition. View and access to lake also excellent. Wi-Fi was a no go and needs work. Definitely would be best for those with kayaks, Sea-Doos, or boats. Enjoyed our stay and next time will also try to bring our boat to enjoy it even more. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Travel Trailer.

kakiportera

Without hesitation the worst RV park I've ever been in and I really hate to say that. I love this town and I see what they are trying to do here, but the execution of the plan is failing miserably. I was in a premium lakefront site that was very beautiful, large and had a wonderful view. It would have been worth every penny if anything there worked and there had not been construction of another site right next to mine. This RV resort (which it is not) does not have a weekly rate for the luxury sites and at $85.00 a night I don't expect the office staff to tell me that there's free WiFi at the local McDonald's and Starbucks because their's was out for 17 days. The beautiful patio area was nicely furnished and had an outdoor sink, stove and BBQ pit. The unidentifiable goo in the sink and layer of filth on the stove made using them impossible. Of the 60 TV channels that are supposed to be available, I got exactly 14 of them. Very large and somewhat aggressive dogs are allowed to run freely on and around the shore because they "keep the ducks from coming ashore and pooping" according to the office staff. All of this nightmare was complimented by heavy equipment and, of course, the Bobcat they used beeped every time it was put in reverse. Less than 15 feet from my unit not one of the 6 people doing any of this construction or any of the park employees could be bothered to inform the campers that the water was about to be turned off. Naturally, this happened while I was in the shower. There are no resort amenities, the activities building is only available for use during their events, the store is not a store, and the disruptions of quiet hours include construction starting by 6 a.m. and trash trucks emptying dumpsters just after 4 a.m. The staff is not very knowledgeable. I was told specifically when I checked that there was no place in town that would deliver dinner to the park and was later able to find at least three that would. If you hope to direct a letter of complaint to the owner, you can't. The management refuses to disclose that information to campers. Sunset Point is a perfect example of how beauty will only take you so far when there is no substance to back it up. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

Danno

We thought this park was superb. Easy in/out with paved roads and extra long paved sites, well spaced. Superb views of the lake from almost all sites. As the previous reviewer stated, they only have Tengo for Internet and everyone knows by now that it's useless. But Verizon & ATT both gave strong 4G/LTE signals so bring your own. We experienced no dust issues either. There's no propane in the park but a shop in town sells it for $3/gal about 5 miles away. This park is a little pricey but the lake access alone makes it worth the money IMO. It stays busy so make reservations. Price reflects GS discount. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Fifth Wheel.

kingfish1

This Park has Pro’s and Cons, but a resort it is not. The Park has very large sites and for the most part is easy in and out. The TV is the best I have found with 60 odd channels. The showers and bath rooms are modern and very clean. Laundry room is equally as nice, $2 wash $1.25 dry. There is a boat launch on lake LBJ and a few of the campers are local Texans with boats. They are presently building a 20 space boat dock that will be open to the rental public. The problem I had with the park was the price vs amenities. At $48 a day you should get more than TV. They advertise free internet. I thought I had just come from the worst internet I had ever had until I got here. There is no internet. When I brought up the non internet to the office I was told to call Tengo-internet like it was my problem. I called them for three days and gave up. They have Tengo for hardware and a different provider for the internet connection and band width. There is none. When I mentioned it to some of the seasonal campers they laughed that the internet is the campground joke. Bring your own. There is no pool. You can swim in the lake. They advertise a camp store but there is no camp store so bring enough TP. The Park is adjacent to a huge quarry which insures a good coat of dust in about three days as the prevailing winds come from the quarry. If you could wash your RV it might be bearable but there is a rule against washing your own rig. You can however hire the parks guy to wash your rig for $5/foot. He comes to your site and hooks up to your water and washes your RV. I tried to pay for water and was told no. The activity center is locked 24/7 unless there is an activity put on by the park. They do have a small card room. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

D Curf

Sunset Point RV resort at LBJ is a great park, (did I say 10+) operated by great staff (workampers)...very friendly and hospitable. We have stayed here 3 different times and the TX charm is obvious. Rest rooms and laundry are meticulous and the grounds are manicured. There is obviously pride involved in all who maintain the park. You can't beat the sunsets over LBJ, a constant level lake that surrounds 3 sides of Sunset Point RV resort. Lots of deer in the area. Very pet friendly........with rules and it is obvious pet owners follow the rules. Some shaded sites, some lake front sites, but even an interior site is great. Located away from cities or traffic.......very serene and peaceful. We will stay here again when in the area. Stayed in a pull thru site. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Fifth Wheel.

johnzias

Great RV park. Very clean. Friendly staff. Right on the lake with pretty view. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

jdelaway

Need to work on their Wi-Fi, it is really bad. The park is clean and well maintained. A pool would be nice. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Fifth Wheel.

toothdk

Very clean, well maintained sites. Private bathroom and shower facilities were clean and spacious. Friendly, helpful staff. We would camp here again. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

HHg

One of the best we've stayed at ! Nice large sites, the lake is beautiful, lots of walking areas with green grass right down to the edge of the water. My dog even loved it (and all the ducks that call it home). We will be back. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

Judy H.

Staying on Lake LBJ for the month of April. This park reflects the nightly rate for a month stay ($600). Beautiful setting -- new style hookups in a lighted pedestal. Sites are large with a level cement slab for the rig to set on. They do have a few super sites that open the front of the rig to the lake and a few boat slips. Very nice. Would highly recommend this park. Overnight prices are hefty, but if you stay a while, it is a great park. They do not have organized activities but Marble Falls is close by. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

vhe

One of the best sites we've been to. Level, concrete sites with double sewer outlets. Great view of the lake. Good cable and Wi-Fi. Very friendly staff. We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

Largeandy

Very nice high end park with nice views and good access to lake LBJ. Watch out getting a site too. Lose to the lake as bugs an be a problem. Easily accommodated our 43' DP AND TOAD. Very nice people working here. Worth the cost! We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

Stevie

We LOVE these people!! Have used this place since they opened and NEVER had a bad stay! They go out of their way to please. Sites are all level, and hookups are fantastic! Cable TV, and yes, a little pricey BUT full security, gated and locked in at nights. Just WONDERFUL and we are always pleased to arrive! We camped at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ in a Motorhome.

Seven Bluff Cabins & RV Park

Concan, Texas

Buckhorn Lake Resort

Kerrville, Texas

Peach Country RV Park

Stonewall, Texas

Are you affiliated with Sunset Point on Lake LBJ?