Midland RV Campground

Midland, Texas

2134 S Midland Dr
Midland, Texas 79703

Ask fellow campers about "Midland RV Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $35.00

We stayed here while attending a family wedding and, due to the huge amount of oil field activity in the area, we felt lucky to find such a nice park. I made the reservations for our stay back in April, and had trouble finding anyone who would even talk to me let alone rent me a spot so I was happy to find Midland RV Campground. Like all the area parks, this one is mostly full time workers but they do maintain a couple of rows for transients like ourselves. I didn't count them but I think around 15 transient sites. The park in general is gravel with a few small trees. There are 2 fenced dog runs and a nice garden area with a couple of pear and peach trees. The full time area is pretty packed but there are some areas with more space between sites. The transient sites are fairly well spaced with enough room to park your towed vehicle beside your RV. Our site had 50 amp which was strong (no issues with that), 60lbs of water pressure, sewer and cable TV hookup. No picnic table or fire ring. Easy in and out and access to interstate. Road noise was not too bad. Walmart is fairly close by and everything you could possibly need is within 10 minutes from park. The park staff is very friendly and helpful. We had no issues at all. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely return. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Must make advance reservations. Park was completely full every night we were here (5 nights). You can pick peaches and other produce from their little garden when in season. Very nice little touch for a park in the scrub of West Texas. Petroleum Museum is a must see.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

This park is about 300 yds. off of the freeway. We carry a fan for white noise to drown out traffic noises. It had rained the night before and the spot they put us in had water puddles. In this part of Texas it does dry pretty fast, but did not understand why they put us in this spot when there were vacant spots in the same line and the line in front of us that did not have puddles and no one stayed there. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $33.00

We stayed 10 days in a 5th wheel. As others have noted, it's dusty and windy, as is the entire region. Forget keeping your vehicle clean. Campground staff were very friendly and helpful and our site was wide and long. The bathrooms were pretty bad, clean but cramped and shabby. One stall had no lock. The laundry was dated but the units I used worked well. I didn't try the wifi but cable worked well. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

not sure

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $32.00

Like most campgrounds in the area there is very little shade. This campground actually has more than most. There is also very little shelter from the wind. The washroom stalls were very cramped and the showers cost $0.25 for every 10 minutes (reasonable rate but we've never had to pay for showers before). The staff were very friendly and helpful. We would probably return to this campground since it does seem to be one of the best in the area. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

We visited George W. Bush's childhood home in Midland. It was quite an interesting tour and only costs $5.00 per person.

Featured Campgrounds Near Midland RV Campground

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $31.00

Not bad campground. The interior roads are dusty gravel. Located about about a mile on the north frontage road along I-20. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $34.00

Stopped over for one night while traveling and felt fortunate to find a place to stay. The oil boom has RV sites at a premium in this area and most sites are taken up by "residents". The park is nice enough with long level pull-thrus for travelers. Staff is friendly and give an escort to the site. Utilities were solid even in the 94* heat and everyone's air conditioner running. We are traveling East and followed our GPS to Industrial drive. While passable, this road is TERRIBLE. Be sure and follow the Park's directions for getting there. I would have given a higher rating but the park is right beside the busy Interstate 20 and there is a lot of road noise. Having said that, I would stay here again. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $31.00

fairly large pull-thru sites. Very good Wifi & cable. Hosts extremely nice, went out of their way to assure us a site on a holiday w/e. Sites gravel but level. Our site looked out onto a scrap metal pile but otherwise the campground was very nicely landscaped. Need to follow directions given by campground, then very easy to find. First time here but would stay here again. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Homes of both Presidents Bush are a great site to visit

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $35.00

Have stayed here a couple of times as we transited Texas. Nothing really special but easy to get to and pull through sites. Satellite hooks up no problem and strong Verizon signal. Easy in and out. GPS wasn't happy with the arrival. Coming westbound you hit the end of the exit and go straight following the little camper signs. We'll stop again on our next pass. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $32.00

Best place to stay in Midland. Saw several parks before we got there and I was feeling uneasy....but once we got there it was very good. Gravel roads and sites. They had both the pull thru and back ins. Very quiet...Excellent dog park. Security cameras all over the campground. Vey helpful and friendly office staff. Will stay there again. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $35.00

Good park for an overnight stay. Pros...fenced, long and well kept dog area, easy access, wide spaces for over-nighters, Surprisingly very little interstate noise, -friendly staff and quiet considering how many long-term residents are living at this RV park. Cons...as with all RV parks in this part of Texas,the RV sites are all gravel, very few over-night spots so make sure you get a reservation and it's not conducive to sit out to BBQ or have friends over for a get-together due to its crowded industrial feel. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $35.00

This is our second time to stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful. It's not much to look at, but most parks in this area are more for housing oilfield workers than vacationers. Mostly permanent residents, but all the short-timers and overnighters are in one easy to negotiate section. No pool. Two dog parks, showers and restrooms were clean. Did not use laundry, but several units appeared to be out of order. The sites are situated on large asphalt parking lot, no grass. But it was level and had full hook ups. WiFi was ok, did not try cable. Satellite no problem. Verizon cell service good. Easy access to I-20, but the roads right around the park can be a bit rough. Also, I-20 is getting to have a lot of traffic, but you can also take I-20 Business. Great for overnight or if you have business in the area. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

In case you have a pet emergency, be sure to go to West Texas Emergency Vet in Odessa. Much better than the closer one.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $34.00

Its a gravel parking lot. Some trees but sites are for smaller RVs and looked to all be taken by long term campers. Only stayed because it was convenient to where we were visiting in MIdland. Would probably be ok for an overnight stop. DirecTV at site kept tiling, likely signal loss over cable. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $28.00

Showers are coin operated to me that is a negative..... Staff is nice.. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Motorhome.

It's Midland, just there to see family....

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $32.00

Stopped on the way from New Mexico to Dallas to visit family. OK for spending the night with a full hookup. Too hot, without AC this time of the year in West Texas. Flat, dusty, gravel pads and roads. Typical West Texas park. Plain and simple, a few trees. We didn't get one. Bathrooms were not on AC, so hot and muggy, clean, but did not appear to get much use. Very large park, with several sections. Majority of folks appeared to be oilfield workers, with permanent locations. Office and park folks were friendly. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Wetlands area across the street. Yes, I know, hard to believe in Midland. Bike through the park. Permian Basin Oil museum nearby, worth a look, if you don't know about the oilfield. Restaurants, Rosa's for good Mexican, Garlic Press for a nice sit down dinner, Wall Street for steaks and Venetian for Italian.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $35.00

Possibly the worst RV campground we have ever stayed in. It's nothing but a big gravel-covered lot with few shade trees. There were some sites with a few trees but those sites are occupied with perms and long-termers. I didn't catch (the fact I was overcharged due to extreme driving fatigue from over 300 miles) when I checked in, but I too late realized they didn't even give me my Good Sam discount which I was promised when I booked the site months ago. It's only $3.50, but it's still not right. The biggest problem is their completely inadequate electrical system. The outside temp was 108 and the park voltage was almost 10 volts low. I ran our genset until quiet hours began so I could cool down our coach without overtaxing our two AC's with the completely inadequate voltage. Did I mention the washboard road coming into the park and the view of the junkyard right next door ? I will never stay here again. We camped at Midland RV Campground in a Motorhome.

The best thing you can do is find a different park to stay in.

Featured Campgrounds Near Midland RV Campground

Are you affiliated with Midland RV Campground ?