Billy Goat's Gruff

Recent Rate: $60 8/2009

1 Review

julieab1

Billy Goat's Gruff is horrible!!!! It is some stupid old grumpy woman’s back yard. It is not even a real camp ground. She stuck some window units in her sheds and calls them cabins. What a joke! Not one of the camp sites is right on the river like she will promise. We were going to camp there the weekend of August 1st, 2009. We got there and she was already mad because we arrived at 11 am. She says “Check in is not until 2:30, but I guess I could let you in.” This is here stupid backyard we are talking about; really, when does her yard close or open? We arrived and she was freaking out because the other person in our party had a pop-up camper; I had call her the Friday before and told her we were changing the tent site to a pop-up. I also had mentioned that we might have some other people showing up the next day and they would pay when they got there. She started to freak out and tell me, my wife and my friend that we were liars and to leave. She said she was going to call the police on us and my 3 small children (1, 3, and 4 year old.) ? I told her we would leave if she gave us our money back; she freaked out again and went in the house. We were promised 2 camp sites right on the river with water and electricity, not camping in some crazy lady’s backyard. She also told us, when asked about not being right on the river, “if you are too lazy to walk down to the river, you don’t need to be here. Camp at your own risk. There are many other places to camp; do not try here. Ask psycho woman for a picture of the “grounds” from the back of here house, you will see what I am talking about. I doubt she has any repeat campers. We camped at Billy Goat's Gruff in a Travel Trailer.

Lazy L&L Campground

River Ranch RV Resort

Camp Huaco Springs

Summit Vacation Resort

New Braunfels, Texas

Are you affiliated with Billy Goat's Gruff?