Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort

• Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $27.00

We were assigned a nice level long gravel pull-thru on top of the hill. There was a paved patio, picnic table and grassy strip on both sides. The site was accessed by nice wide paved roads. There was a wifi antenna adjacent to our site resulting in great service. There was about 40 channels of cable tv although the over-the-air channels were clearer. As a dog owner, the light inside the fenced dog park was wonderful. The large private shower rooms were very clean. Garbage disposal was great in the well placed dumsters. The outdoor pool was warm and the hot tub was hot. Rate was with Passport America. Wonderful Bargain! We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $35.00

Under new ownership but nothing has been done to update this park. Advertised as a Resort with lots of ground toys and several pools; it is a poor mans resort, but way over priced at normal rate of $59 per night. This rate of $35 was rally rate. I would estimate over 70% are full timers in trailers with many sites over crowded with "Stuff". The rec rooms are clean and some degree of updating has been done but they charge for use of them; rates escalate/ triple when there is a event in New Braunfels like Wurstfest. I saw no security anywhere at night and the park has several entrances and lots of car traffic due to so many full timers living there with multiple cars. Best thing about this park is location if you want to visit the quaint town. Newly updated Cable boxes and we received many channels from San Antonio via roof top antenna. We also had Directv. Gravel sites. Strong wifi.

This park is not a resort, but an over crowded parking lot with some trees and asphalt roads that need leveling and updating. Park clean but dated. Staff very nice. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $49.00

This campground is very large and has many resident campers and many trailers for those who vacation/weekend here. The roads were tight and difficult entries for larger motorhomes. Sites were quite small. It is easy to get to and from I-10 if you travel around San Antonio. In our 45' motorhome we would not be inclined to stay here again. That being said, once we were in our site the utilities worked, but wifi was slow and weak. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $59.00

Absolutely no accommodations from desk help! Planned 47th anniversary trip for complete trip and requested three campsites and one cottage close in proximity. Maybe they do not understand close proximity! Cottage on SW corner, one rv site on NE corner and the other two scattered between the SE corner and the middle.

Gravel site just long enough for 41' 5th wheel with no space for tow vehicle. Spaces on top of one another. Picnic table was only amenity for the site and it was old, paint long gone and splinters abundant for the grandkids!

Good water pressure and 50 amp electricity was okay.

Live bands on weekends with lots of traffic through the park. Interior roads have speed bumps that do absolutely no good! Nobody observed 10 MPH speed in park. Have to make at least two loops through the park to reach your assigned space.

Told the park was completely full and there would be no accommodations for space changes for any reason. Saturday morning on my morning walk I counted at least 8 vacant rv spots that could have been used to accommodate my family! Almost felt as if I was trespassing on the property and if I did not like it I could just leave! Camping since the early 70's and have never felt the way I did with the reception I got from these folks. I wish them well but do not waste your money. You would do better to park three or four blocks away in the middle of the Interstate highway for all the noise and traffic. Not a place to stay if you want family time and an rv space to spend any time around! We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $59.00

This is definitely more a "destination" park for families than a stopover park. I arrived late in the day looking for a stopover and found this park bustling with activity, especially in the pool area. Too tired to look for another choice, I took the last remaining site that would accommodate me, which was billed as a "premium" pull-thru. I suppose "premium" is a relative term, in that there was nothing premium about it to me other than the price. In order to get to that site from the check-in area, I had to drive through almost the entire park, crossing no fewer than a dozen speed bumps before arriving at what I considered to be a normal, gravel pull-thru site. The site was level and much easier to get out of the next morning than it had been to get into. Water pressure was very strong and I had a clear sky for my satellite. I did not use the WiFi. The road to the park off I35 is quite narrow, and trees make it hard to see the traffic that seems to like to speed down that road. This park is probably fine for families with small children looking for activities, but for me it was a lot to pay for features that held little or no value to me. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

PBW

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $40.00

1. This is not a place for a quiet getaway. It is close to the highway and there is quite a bit of traffic and road noise. But it is close to plenty of attractions and restaurants.
2. Excellent pools and hot tubs. There are 3 pools and hot tubs. One outdoor and two indoor. All clean and well maintained.
3. Laundry facilities. There are two, both clean. $1.50 per load.
4. Nice setup for entertaining kids. There is a swing/slide layout, a jungle gym, a web net, two inflated bouncy play areas, a ball toss area, a volleyball court and several indoor event areas with pool tables and arcade areas.

5. Their rates are on the high end because of the facilities and the proximity to all the New Braunfels attraction. We were there with a FMC chapter ralley. The posted price for our spot was $55.00
6. The Internet was sporadic and unreliable and the water pressure excellent. We did not use the TV hookup.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you you plan to use this as a base for the local attractions or have children and enjoy spending time at the pool. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $56.00

Decent proximity to Schlitterbahn, our reason for the visit to the area. Convenient pull-through sites with nice concrete patio area beside the site. Spectacular pool facilities. Picnic area with 2 large smokers and FREE oak wood available for smoking. Top notch kids' play areas. Live bands on weekend nights in and near main pool area were a welcome treat. Very quiet atmosphere in the the RV site section of this facility. More of a party atmosphere in the cabin area. Would have rated this a 10 overall, but the rates were a little high for daily stays. We would probably stay here again if we were there with more than just the 2 of us. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Located right off of I-35, nearby to Schlitterbahn Waterpark, a must if in the area with family!!

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $35.00

I gave it a higher score than last time only because they had my site where they were supposed to. Many long term trailers and workers here and park seems to be going down hill. Appears they are wanting more cabin business that RV. Now my site was a pull thru and pretty level, power and water good, cable worked pretty well. Friendly staff. I would stay here again if the price remains the same but only is the 300 section. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

300 section

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $44.00

Called well in advance for a reservation & were told there were no pull thru's available so we opted for a back in. We were placed in the older area of the park which appeared to have many permanent residents. Our back in spot was tight & hard to maneuver into due to the large # of vehicles parked in the road. We had to back uphill , site was unlevel. Water connection was wobbly like it had been run over. Tree directly over the site needed trimmed as the limbs were on top of our rig & slides. Cigarette butts all over the site & cats running loose in the park. As we drove around the park, we saw many empty pull thru's. The positive sides of this park was that the bathroom was clean & the front office help were very friendly. Location of the resort is convenient to the highway but in the lower part of the park, there is a lot of road noise. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $25.00

Gravel parking pads need upgrading and maintenance. Rally rate. Staff nice. Wifi strong. More a cottage park than rv with lots of trailers and full time construction workers. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $35.00

Resort is more a rental cottage or cabin area than Rv resort. Many class B 5th wheels and trailers. Rv site areas not maintained. Weeds at site were knee high, grass ? was uncut. There was a hole burned in the wood table, many dirt/gravel unlevel sites and general lack of maintenance or attention to the entire area. Previous rv had hit the water facet and transformer box- both bent and dislocated at our site. Read your receipt before signing for liability clause. Outdoor pool and office areas nice. Prior to our arrival they had charged my credit card with the entire weeks rental fee...disappointed We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $35.00

When I called and made reservation I told them two times we were with woodcarvers group. They put us in a very small back-in site with over grown shrubs and trees and as far away as possible from others in our group, who had large sites. Excessive highway noise and train noise. Poor location for RV park. Park was somewhat clean but had dogs running loose inside park. Many long term people in park with some very old campers. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $35.00

Very nice, large park. Perfectly suited to families, retirees, camping clubs, etc. Great laundry facilities, recreational facilities, and community gathering area. Staff is professional, helpful, and pleasant. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $35.00

These people, it appears, are changing to a park model (cabin) park. They are doing a lot of repairs. Had to struggle to get to office for a receipt and then they could not provide one. They say they pickup trash bags daily. They just don't say which day is daily. RVers appear to be a necessary evil. Could be a great park, but I won't be back. We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $35.00

Nice park, lots of amenities, but the WiFi is inadequate for the number of sites. Management just says to keep trying. After four hours I decided we would not come back. Price too high to accept that level service. There are other parks available . We camped at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Stone Creek RV Park

Schertz, Texas

Camp Huaco Springs

KL Ranch Camp

River Road Camp

New Braunfels, Texas

Are you affiliated with Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort?