Landa RV & Campgrounds

Recent Rate: $20 2/2013

• yes-river Waterfront

Navychop

40 ft RV and toad. Had to disconnect so the toad did not stick out in the road. No Wi-Fi detected. Great restaurants in the area. Did not use public bathrooms. Just a basic place to stay overnight and not fancy or any amenities. People come to float the river in inner tubes. Yes trains are fifteen to sixty yards away. Run the a/c fan to screen the noise or stay down by the river. We camped at Landa RV & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

Legacy

Horrible, horrible, horrible is the only word to describe this campground (if anyone would even call this a campground!)!! First of all it is in a horrible location in New Braunfels, TX. You have to drive all over the city to get down into the area where they are located (WARNING: there is a bridge that only has an 11FT clearance on the way to the park)! It took us over 2 hours to FIND the place then another 3 hours trying to find someone to help us set up a reservation! Finally once someone did come to "help" (a Workamper that had NO CLUE what she was talking about) she couldn't answer most of our questions! She flip flopped her stories about how much the rate was per night then couldn't answer us on how much a monthly rate was. They don't offer a weekly rate. After she stared at her computer screen, which seemed for hours, she finally told us we owe $60 for TWO nights during OFF season! I then explained that we only wanted TWO nights (like I originally stated) but for some reason she just couldn't figure out on her calendar of how to change the dates! Then her rate she quoted us first was $15/night then jumped up to $20/night! A Wal-Mart parking lot is MUCH more pleasant than this place. There are SEVERAL LOUD TRAINS that go blaring past the park - VERY VERY LOUD and constant...all day...all night! I could post more but I think you get the drift of what this place is. Keep in mind this place does flood! On a positive note it is located on Comal River. Crystal clear water and excellent for tubing and fishing. There are many beautiful campgrounds in this area of Texas - this just so happens to NOT be one of them. The people there (that live there and work there) are very rude and not helpful! Move on down the road and give your money to a campground that wants to welcome you with open arms! I normally would never post anything negative or rude but I believe that people need to be aware of the truth! We camped at Landa RV & Campgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

sb09

We were here in the off season and the place was not crowded. The host did warn us about the trains that come through the night and they were loud!. That is really the only complaint. I would recommend this park if you do not have anything over 35 foot. We camped at Landa RV & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

ronscarbor

This is a family park right on the Comal River in downtown New Braunfels, Texas. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. When I made reservations, I thought that we would be staying in the Landa Municipal Park which is an excellent city owned park. But, I discovered upon our arrival that they do not have camping facilities. This Landa RV Resort Park is a private park. It appears to be an old park, all gravel, cramped, and very dusty. They cannot handle rigs over 35' although they did get us in with a 36' motorhome. There are several sites right on the Comal River, excellent for tubing, which is the big tourist attraction here in New Braunfels. Now that is the good part. The bad is that our site is within 150' of a very busy RR track. Hmmm, I don't remember seeing that on their web site! The trains come roaring through all the time, at least every 30 minutes during the day and it seems that often at night. You can feel it coming long before you ever hear the blast of the horns. We are pretty lucky in that some sites back up to within 20' of the train track. My wife and I have had a great time here simply because we can't stop laughing at how lucky we were to find this place. It reminds me of the episode of I Love Lucy, when Lucy and Ethel stayed in a small cabin near the tracks and every time the train roared through, there bed would rumble from one side of the room to the other. Yikes, I think I feel another one coming right now! &^%*&^%$#@! Can you feel it? We have 2 more nights to get through, because you can't cancel a reservation within 14 days of your stay. That should have told me something! OK, enough said. This is a great park if you love the rumble of freight trains and being awakened by the blast of an air horn 150' from your bedroom window in the middle of the night. Would I stay here again? I'd rather sleep in a cardboard box under a bridge! We camped at Landa RV & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

Camp Huaco Springs

Summit Vacation Resort

Billy Goat's Gruff

2nd Crossing Camp

New Braunfels, Texas

Are you affiliated with Landa RV & Campgrounds?