Perrin, Texas

• ATT Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT
  • Volley Ball Volley Ball yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $50.00

Would have rated this RV park much higher if we had not had a bad experience with the owner. We did not get the same friendly and helpful service as most of the reviewers seem to have gotten. The owner was rude to our kids and lectured them over and over and us about the wild jackrabbits, to the point of just being just rude. I think that is her personality, but I was not happy with the way we were treated. As others said they have a lot of rules and she felt she needed to tell us most of them instead of letting us read them. We were not happy that we were charged for a full day the day we checked out. We are use to parks that have a check-in time and check-out time. They also charged for each grandchild which made our stay $50 each day. Now on the upside it is a beautiful park, 4 pools, one adult, one family, one volleyball and a splash pool for very small kids. The miniature golf is extra as is their 9 hole golf. Lots for the kids to do, a softball field, remote car track, bike track and some really cute playgrounds. There is a very nice pond for catch and release fishing. My husband caught some large bass. They run a little train for the kids all day long. There are some very cute cabins for those who do not want to camp. Clean restrooms and showers. And a community center for people to rent. They do charge if you have anyone come out to visit while you are there. We did not have anyone, but be warned. All of the park is very clean. From what I hear they do a lot of extra holiday events parades, best decorated RV site, and music entertainment at times. If it had not been for the cost which seemed a little high for us and the owner we would love to return sometime, but don't think we will. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Motorhome.

9 or 10

The town of Perrin is a very small town. We like to eat in Springtown, about 10 plus miles when we are camping in the area. Howell's is a very good family style restaurant.

MItchell Resort and RV Park, owner at Mitchell Resort and RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for your review. I am the "her" you write about. Most of our guests come from the city to spend their valuable vacation time and money in the country. They choose to come here for the many amenities you kindly talked about. We are blessed to have owned this land for close to 15 years. In our senior year we wanted to do something "important". We bought this worn out RV park left over from Bluegrass festivals held in the 70's and 80's. I am very sorry you took offense to my stopping the train to show the children the jackrabbits and other wild life. Most of our city kids have never seen a jackrabbit. They are new to us, and nest under the gazebos giving us babies this year. I ask the children to talk to them and not chase them as they have babies to care for. I took your reservation and fully explained the costs for your June 1, 2017 arrival. You chose to come knowing the costs. We hope to see you again. Please accept that I am sorry if I was rude to your family.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $42.00

We had a pull-through site on the row closest to the putt-putt course and cabins. The site was wide, not much grass at site, no stickers, location we were at was perfect, but other campers felt the need to go through our site as a short cut about a dozen times a day even though we put our cars in the way to block foot traffic. That is the only negative. The only thing we could think of was to not rent one of the sites and make it a walkway to the other side for pedestrians. The golf course was a great par 3 course and the guys golfed 36 holes the day it was cool. We stayed here on Memorial Day weekend and the park was packed! They said they only had one cabin available. 3 pools are great, one just for adults is a definite plus. Putt-putt course was fun, challenging, cheap and well thought out. On Sunday evening, they had Terry E., an Elvis Impersonator who was fun, entertaining, and had us all singing along. They had some benches, and plenty of space under the trees at the stage to watch the show. Would stay there again when it was cooler and not on a national holiday. Great fenced in doggie park. We had a problem with a plug at our site and they sent someone right out to replace it the same day. Trash pickup was twice a day at each site. It was very clean and we had lots to do for adults and kids. Each pull-through had a charcoal or wood grill for cooking. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $38.00

I have reviewed this campground previously, but feel compelled to again leave a review, for the purpose of letting others know that this RV park continues to be "at the top of its game". I have never encountered owners/operators of an RV park that care more and work harder at keeping their facility in top notch condition. We have camped here a few times each year for the past few years, and each time we go back, I notice something else that they have done, as far as installing something new or improving something existing. I have always enjoyed myself at Mitchell RV Resort, and really do appreciate that Doris and Kevin go out of their way to make sure that everything is as good as it can be, and that everyone is enjoying themselves. I give them major credit for being willing to try new events, and for working so hard to put on the many events that they hold throughout the year. I just love that this place has "something for everyone." The atmosphere feels as "laid back" and safe as any campground I have ever stayed in. I said in a previous review that they have the best wifi of any RV park I have been in, and that still holds true. The number of "networks available" is enough that they don't all fit on one screen when "searching for a network to connect to". There is just so much to like about Mitchell RV Resort, and I always look forward to going back. This review is "glowingly-positive", I know that. I don't work there, and am not affiliated with them at all. I just really like to "get the word out" to fellow campers when I come across such a top notch campground. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $45.00

You need to know that they is no cell reception if you have Verizon. There is nothing close to this park. They charge for each additional child beyond the two adults. I hate it when parks do that. I won't be back. However, the campground is kept very nice and the grounds are pretty. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $31.00

This is a wonderful park. This is a large, impeccably maintained park. The owners really appreciate their guests. The hosts have done everything possible to build and maintain a quality park with something for everyone. There is a golf course, large dog park, multiple playgrounds, multiple swimming pools, and meeting facilities. It would be a fabulous place to hold a meeting or family reunion. We will definitely return for a longer stay.

Well done! We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $34.00

Highly recommended. This is what an RV campground should be. Lot's of activities for kids and adults. Site was a mixture of gravel and grass, very well maintained, and included full hook ups, picnic table and grill. We spent two nights here and wish it could have been longer. Most of the sites are tucked into a nice grove of trees, but we selected a treeless site to prevent interference with our satellite dish. Will definitely be back. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Be forewarned that the closest grocery stores and restaurants are 15 miles away, so be sure you're stocked up with provisions before you arrive.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $34.00

This is a nice campground. Owners are really nice, and have put a ton of time and effort into this park. Best wifi I have seen yet in an RV park. Cable TV had about 25 channels, decent. Excellent pool area with 4 pools that don't seem "right on top of each other", given how the area is laid out. Adult pool is great. Site was gravel and fairly level, roads are in good shape. Power was good, water pressure acceptable. No complaints about this park, we look forward to returning. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

As someone who appreciates "order being kept" in a campground, I really like this park. The rules are not any more strict than any other campground, however Kevin and Doris do enforce the rules here. Simple things like no glass in pools, etc. They are friendly about it, but do expect that you read the sheet at check in and understand what is expected.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $33.00

We stayed Memorial weekend with 4 other RVers. Though owners would not let us reserve a specific spot, they did put us all together. The park is very clean with lots of activities, especially for children. I've read other reviews that said the owners were rude. We didn't experience that but they do have A LOT of rules. It would be nice if the spaces were paved to park on. It rained our entire stay and the parking area was muddy. We are going back July 4th. Hopefully no rain!!! We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Motorhome.

We watched the weather prior to our trip and tried to cancel due to large rain chances. No cancellation allowed. Rained entire stay! Take golashes!!

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $38.00

This is a really fine place to stay. The owners were extremely polite and helpful. They gave us a tour of the facilities and showed us all the things they were doing to keep this place special for RV folks and for a "getaway" destination. This would be a fine place for a Rally. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $33.00

We just had a wonderful weekend at Mitchell's. We have been to many parks, but this one was clean and had owners on site. They care that everyone has a fun stay with many activities for both young and old. I highly recommend this park for a great relaxing RV experience. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $35.00

The campground itself is lovely. It was clean and well maintained. The owners were horrible. Rude, mean, you name it. Just nasty people. It is such a shame, they ruined what should have been a wonderful weekend. I hope that they sell it to some new people, I'd love to go back. I will NEVER go while the current owners are still there. Worst experience ever! We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $33.00

This is a really good RV park. The owners have a passion for this and it shows, as you can tell that they put their heart and soul into continual improvement of this place. I highly recommend it. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $40.00

We selected this park because it was near our grandkids and had 4 swimming pools along with playground equipment for them. The park is well laid out with cabins and RV sites. We had a nice back-in site with great shade especially in the afternoon when the heat can be high. The pools were set up for adults, family, and children. The pools were GREAT. The owner is on site and very friendly. The nine hole Par 3 golf course was also nice looking--I did not have time to play. We will definitely return. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2012 - $28.00

Rate based on weekly 50 amp site. Great park. Very clean & neat. Some 90 foot pull-through sites for us big rigs. Excellent off-season for quiet. We will be back. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $25.00

Stayed as part of airstream rally. Park was clean, and had trees. Nice trails and a lake on the property plus miniature golf and 9 hole par 3 golf course. Lots to do and very relaxing. Used one of the club houses as part of rally, and it was clean and spacious. Very nice RV park. We camped at Mitchell Resort and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Hwy 155 RV Park

Palestine, Texas

Oak Creek RV Park

Weatherford, Texas

Bay Landing

Bridgeport, Texas

Jus Passn Thru

Pasadena, Texas

Are you affiliated with Mitchell Resort and RV Park ?