5 Average

• Walking Trail(s) Walking Trail(s) no
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $25.00

We are full time travelers & this RV park was just a bad place! The spot they put us in was so tight our slides almost touched our neighbors! They have a bunch of permanent residents & quite a few run down awful trailers. They have lots of outsiders who just come there to use the pools also. The best part is I was told I could not have a refund if I left early due to them kicking out my uncle & us having to leave as a group, but they gave my uncle a refund back. The fact that we didn't have a choice on leaving or not was awful to begin with. But it's even worse when we are trying to make ends meet & they won't even provide a refund. The people are not very friendly & they are not big on children. The staff isn't so friendly either! So just a warning! We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $10.00

The $10.00 rate is the campground fee, the highest we have ever experienced. If you want cable, it's $3.00 more per night. Since we are a C2C Premier we have no points. The last time we were here was about two years ago and although the roads are still on poor shape they are somewhat improved. Most of the short-term sites are sand & grass. We had good utilities including 50 amp service. It's a very pleasant park and we like the location. Our site was open enough to get good satellite TV reception. Our Verison Jetpack (My-Fi) was 2 bars/ 4G but the phone usually 1 bar / 1X. If they were a C2C Deluxe or Premier we would stay longer. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $24.00

Although I made C2C reservations for a week, I pulled out after a two day stay. The locations is good, but except for the 50amp upgrade this is a very old park. No concrete, asphalt, grass here, but still if the fee for membership programs was really around $10 it would be on my recommended list. However, when I checked in the cost was more than doubled. If they want or need more than the membership fee it should be stated up front, not hidden as a fee. I consider this a deceptive business practice. Possibly related, although I arrived at 3pm, there was no one in the office, just a folder directing me to a site, stating that I should come in and register the next day. This next day registration makes it impossible to question the add-on fees before we are committed to pay them. Since the location is good the park might still be a value for some -- but not me. I recommend those making membership reservations call the campground and inquire about the final fee BEFORE travel, not after they get parked. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $45.00

Bay View is a large, older, park in the Coastal Bend of Texas with a host of amenities and winter activities. Extended stay rates currently run from $300-$400/month. The park is located between Aransas Bay and Copano Bay close to fishing and salt water activities. Some people say the best oysters in the world come out of this water fresh to the table. Gravel roads lead to spacious RV sites set in a park-like setting with coastal oak trees and room to roam. One of our favorite walks is along the waters of Aransas Bay. Beautiful! The park boasts a friendly staff, two swimming pools (one heated for year-'round use and an Olympic-size summer pool), hot tub, pickleball court, two clubhouses, shuffleboard, and horseshoes. Many of the winter activities are held in the large Family Club House which offers kitchen services, big screen TV, three pool tables, a small workout room and ping pong table. Large motel rooms and a park model rental are also available. In the five winters we have been here we have seen steady improvement in the facilities and infrastructure. The clubhouses and three of the four bathhouses have be refurbished and the forth is beginning a remodel as I write this. Both pools and hot tub have been redone. Recently a high-speed internet Wi-Fi system was installed in the Family Club House for guest use (no Wi-Fi currently available at RV sites). Several years ago AT&T built a cell tower just north of the park offering excellent cell phone coverage to park guests. We continue to enjoy our winters at Bay View with good friends and good times. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 514-Village

This area of Texas offers coastal activities, including world class birding with many species regularly visiting Bay View, without the crowding of Florida. Rockport is a modest-sized, active, historic, community with a beautiful beach area, museums, churches and shopping. Port Aransas at the north end of Padre Island is 20 miles away and offers direct access to the Gulf.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $13.00

We have been winter texans for the last 4 years at Bay View. Love the large sites, trees, amenities and the friendly people. The area is great. Blue water, beaches and plenty of fishing. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass, Pavers

Plenty of activity at the park. Lots of great seafood restaurants, beaches, and fishing. Love this small town that has plenty of things to keep us busy

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $15.00

Monthly rate and I hear it will be raised this year. Bay View has been our summer park for the past three years. Multiple months each year. Many sites have large concrete pads but most are just grass/sand. The park needs a lot of love but the sites are spacious. OK facilities but management could stand to run the air temps a little lower in the rec room. 80+F is a bit ridiculous. It appears the staff who are long term tenants pretty much run the place however they please. I also had a run in with the owner where my reservation was not honored even though he acknowledged I was first to reserve the space. They know how to take reservations. They just do not know how to keep a reservation. While I would stay here again, I think I am going to go back to one of the other parks I have stayed at. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Dirt, Sand, Grass

Rockport is a nice little fishing town that seems to be in a bit of a boom. The Texas Rivera is an ok area to vacation. Several good eateries in the local area.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $20.00

First of all RPI members beware this place adds a $10.00 amenities fee!! So it will be over $20.00 per night. This is one of the highest amenities fees in the RPI system, we will not return.

The park in nothing special dusty roads run down facilities and sites. They are close together cable is an extra fee. The park wifi did not work unless you are in the clubhouse. There are many better RV park in Rockport. Its too bad the owner is not improving this park we were here in 2013 and there has been no improvement even though the price doubled! Place if full of sand burr stickers. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $10.00

We stayed for two weeks - one week Coast to Coast; second week Passport America. They have some pull through but mostly back in sites; can access small to large rigs. Walking through the park I noticed that most of the sites were pretty level but there are some not so level. The first site they put us in was really bad and we had to move. One section looks long term and they have some concrete pads there, but most of them are either gravel or grass. The sites are spacious, which was great. The electric and water are good. They have cable and wifi. They have two rec centers, one for adults and one for families, and a pool at each center, and a hot tub at the adult center. There are a lot of activities as well. There is a small dog park in front of one of the restroom/laundry rooms near where we were. Roads are dirt and very dusty when its dry, and they try to wet it down occasionally so it's not so dusty. I believe they have workout equipment, along with ping pong and pool tables. The only walking trails were around the park and you could easily walk 2 miles all over. They have a huge lake in the middle with ducks and fish, and two docks over the water. I would stay here again. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass

Rockport is a neat little town right on the water and has lots of RV parks. It is close to Corpus Christi and Port Aransas, if you want to drive down there to visit. If you like fishing, this town is for you. If you need any automobile work done, we had a tune up done at Rockport Auto Clinic. They did an excellent job (it's owned by a young couple) and I would recommend them.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $20.00

This is a large park almost completely occupied by long-term stays. Short-term travelers are routinely assigned to sites across the road from the oil well in the middle of the park. The well was not running when I arrived, but 3 days later it started up. It sounded like a diesel truck idling constantly outside my trailer.

Roads were rough and became muddy after light rain. The exercise room is worthless. The security gate did not work the whole week I was there although the check-in lady told me it would be fixed in a day or two.

My site was large but had no picnic table. It was sandy and infested with ants. It required nearly two inches of leveling. The laundry had old worn out machines and unusually high prices. The showers featured peeling paint and frogs crawling out of holes in the wall. WiFi was available only in the clubhouse and it was worse than unreliable. I will not camp here again.

Beware that under Coast to Coast they charge an extra $10 per day. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Sand

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $7.00

This was a Western Horizon Resort (WHR) park in the past and the rate shown is what WHR designates as an "Affiliate". The rate includes full hook-up with 50 amp, WiFi and cable. Although the roads have been and continue to be in poor condition we had no problem navigating our 40' motorhome with our Jeep in tow. The grass seemed to be maintained well and our utilities were good but the park in general is rundown. Most of the sites are reasonably level with some gravel but little maintenance. There are many oaks in the park so it is often difficult to get satellite TV reception. Some previous reviews mentioned that the ponds were dried up but with the recent rain, nearly 10", the ponds are now at full capacity. Some sites were flooded and unusable. My Verizon phone was 1X with 1 bar but my Verizon Jetpack was 3 bars 4G. Both devices worked just fine. The park's WiFi like most parks is marginal at best. We enjoy the area and look forward to returning in the future. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Port Aransas Ferry (free) to Mustang Island. Go fishing, drive on the beach and watch the wildlife. Plenty of fishing opportunities, visit Fulton Mansion, check out the Rockport Aquarium (free) and the Bay Education Center (free).

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $29.00

Gravel roads were very rutted. Paved roads, which were limited, were also rutted and as well as very narrow. Sites were gravel, no grass, but they were level. We had an angled back-in site which was fairly easy to access. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

We like Rockport for the coast and for the birding opportunities. Aransas National Wildlife Refuge is a must see even if you are not a birder.

Date of Stay: December, 2014 - $15.00

Roads are dirt. We were in the short term sites. Supposedly for big rigs. Not much room between sites. Couldn't sit outside. No tables. No Internet at sites, but could get it at clubhouse. The clubhouse smelled musty. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand

Drive to Port Aransas free ferry.

Date of Stay: December, 2014 - $20.00

There is no bay view. Lakes and/or ponds dried up. Exercise room is a joke. Our site was full of large red anthills and cockleburs everywhere. Old, run down. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $35.00

This is our 4th year coming here. The pot holes in the roads are bigger than ever. Rules are not enforced. People let their dogs run free, don't pick up after them and permanent sites are very cluttered. No atv allowed but yet one of the workers rides his personal one. Plenty of people riding around on golf carts(workers) but no one seems to be in charge. Make sure there is a picnic table at all sites. Had to ask for one. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $17.00

The staff and employees are excellent. The park is an older park but the sites are incredibly large and roomy with a concrete patio. There are a few sites where there are a few permanent residences but they are not in with the other campsites. All of the utilities work great and the WiFi is very good. It is a gated park with employees on duty 24 hrs a day. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Bay View RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Lagoons RV Resort

Drifters Resort

Coastal Oaks RV Resort

Angler's RV Retreat

Rockport, Texas

Are you affiliated with Bay View RV Resort ?