Coastal Oaks RV Resort

Rockport, Texas

Latitude: 28.0336808206701

nedmtnman

Rate based on monthly rate of $300 with electric extra at .14 a KWH. The managers are great and very helpful. Nice concrete pads and concrete roads. Hot tub if you give notice for them to heat it up. Pool looked good but not heated so I didn't used either the pool or the hot tub. Really nice park in town but far enough from highway for no noise. We were here for 4 months in the winter and are going back next year. Decent Wi-Fi and cable TV low def and fuzzy picture but OK. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

AKJohn

This is a nice, small RV Park, probably the quietest in the area. It's in a residential neighborhood away from busy streets and highways. The neighborhood is a bit rundown but the RV park is very new. All the streets and sites are paved with concrete. There is a nice outdoor pool and spa, neither were heated during our stay. The managers and other guests were all helpful and friendly. Almost all the guests are repeat customers staying for the winter. Good water pressure and electric power. The park WiFi worked remarkably well. Only two shower rooms but both very nice, and since the park is fairly small the showers didn't seem to be used much. Nice laundry facility. Most sites had Live Oak trees, some of which were in need of trimming. I had to do some trimming at my site when I arrived but the manager will trim trees if asked. There were a few barking dogs in the surrounding neighborhood and at least one rooster. They weren't too close but close enough to be heard from inside our MH at times. The nightly rate is based on a monthly rate of $300. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

snowchick

This is a great little park that is clean and friendly. Room between each unit is enough for table and chairs. The sand can be a problem when the wind blows. The neighborhood is the drawback. Loose dogs all over the place with lots of night barking. Stray cats in and out of the RV park. Park managers very nice and accommodating. For dog owners, a lovely dog park within walking distance. We really enjoyed the park except for the immediate neighborhood. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

TXBobcat

Good shore power 50/30/20. Monthly electric is $0.14 per kwh. Sewer is good and well positioned. Water is 60psi and holds to 40psi. WiFi is very good. AT&T 3G is 4 bars. Sprint and Verizon 3G Air Cards are good, but campground WiFi is faster. Cable is good and clear. They do not have picnic tables or fire rings. Sites are concrete & level both ways. Some sites are narrow but my 38ft 3 slide 5th wheel would fit in most but not all sites. Some are called double wide with plenty of room. The double wide are a bit more expensive. Distance between sites are mixed, some close, some with plenty of room. My door side had a lot of room from the next site, but the off door site was real close to the patio of the site on that side. Roads in campground are concrete except the very back where you have to drive across sand to get to the other side. Most of the tenants are long term. We only stayed a month for $300 plus electric. Didn't use the restroom or laundry which is in the office at the front of the campground. My biggest complaint of this campground is the trees. The road in the campground is concrete originally wide enough from front to back. I don't know if it is just the owners or the city, but they have trees that have to be navigated around, and the road in the campground is narrowed to go around them. I don't know if the city controls the amount of trees that can be cut on a person's property. The trees don't provide any shade for the RV's but maybe for some for the people if they sit off the patio area. I had trouble backing into my site because of the trees at the front of the site being somewhat in the way. Trees in the back of my site limited how far back I could move my trailer limiting how much room I had to park my truck on my site. Many park their tow/towed vehicle sideways across the site. This is what limits my rating of this campground. I would stay here again but would like to find one somewhere else if possible. I don't consider this campground to be a 10 by any means. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

carpedebass

What an amazing park!! This place costs the same or less than other parks in the area, but easily outclasses them all! Office personnel are friendly and helpful...genuinely NICE people! The Wi-Fi is strong and fast, cable is clear and lots of channels. We WILL be back to Coastal Oaks! We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

tcurex

Very nice, fairly new park. Staff very helpful and park is well kept. The $9.00 rate was based on a monthly rate divided by 30 nights. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Denver

The manager was friendly as were most of our neighbors. The sites are about as good as it gets, with ample space and trees. If you park on the 1st turn-in, you may have to drive around the corner to exit the park. The north section of it is very sandy and there is the possibility of getting stuck, but the manager puts water on it regularly to keep it packed. The area around you is mostly wooded which is nice, but the park is not where you would have a view of the bay. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

roadfolks

Park is very nice, concrete roads and sites. Nice landscaping of sites. Utilities are right where they need to be located. Great Wi-Fi, electric and water/sewer. Activities for the snowbirds. Monthly rates are very affordable. Manager takes active interest in the facility and is very helpful. We will make this our go-to point in this area when we return. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

colleen04

Love this park. I was lucky enough to stumble upon this even though I could never get into their web site. I took a chance, based on reviews, and came to stay here for a month and quickly changed my reservation to 3 months. This park is young and clean and a joy to drive into. The surrounding neighborhood leaves you a little concerned when arriving, but there is no problem when you get here. We ride our bikes about 15 blocks to the beach, which has been awarded the blue wave beach, daily and have not had any problems with the neighborhood. There are, however, a lot of free roaming dogs when you go out on the roads here. Stores and restaurants are very close by. Cable TV is free and offers about 60 channels; WiFi is also free, but has been very slow. Beautiful pool, only open in summer months; the hot tub, is available in the winter, when you arrange with manager. Rec center is new with 2 private baths and showers, which are maintained daily. Guests are all VERY nice and all glad to be in this park. Overall a great find. $275/month plus electric. I will definitely stay again. They do have larger sites for $350/month. Sites fill up quickly. We were only able to get a site due to a cancellation. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

ddouglas

This park was nice clean plenty of shade,grass and cement pads. The managers were friendly and helpful and not a lot of rules We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

07wildwood31

Park has a great location. There are nice paved spaces, free WiFi and cable TV. Also has shaded spots close to beach and stores. There's a nice pool, a private lake and restrooms. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

TravelingRV

Unlike the previous reviews, we loved this park. It is a nice family owned/run park. Yes, they are still under construction in many areas, but all that takes is time. The swimming pool is, which was just finished, is really nice & there is also a pond w/paddle boat available that you can swim in. Fishing is catch & release. The owners threw a great 4th of July party! All the people staying there that we met were really great, it was like one big family...a summer storm came out of no where & everyone pitched in to help anyone that needed help with awnings & such. We, along with my daughter & her family will definitely stay again & again, just to watch this park grow!!!! We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Jake's owner

I like this park as it has concrete pads and because it is new. It doesn't have all the amenities that I don't use most of the time anyway. I have reserved a spot for next winter, and hope the laundry will be completed by then. Several reviewers have complained about one thing or the other at this new park, but no one has mentioned the monthly rate has been adjusted to a third less than what you would be paying at other parks in Rockport. While the club house, laundry, and pool are not finished you get a bargain, that suits me and Jake, the wonder dog. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

dennyandsandie

We have been staying in this park all winter. In fact, I wrote the first review. I am rating it much lower now than I initially did. Here are some of the reasons for my lowered rating. First, we were promised last November that the clubhouse would be completed no later than than the January of '08. It is still not completed. The laundry facilities and restrooms have not even started construction. They have put in the second set of 25 RV sites, and many of them are very close together, unlike the first phase. The road for the 2nd phase has not been paved and dust has become a problem. This is the owners first park and they have yet to have any rules or regulations about anything. Also the owner and the manager do not seem to communicate well. Last, the 1st and 2nd phases each have their own septic systems and neither seem to be working well. They seem to be leaking and emitting a lot of odors. Maybe they can get this fixed. We will not stay here again. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

alfauser2

We stayed in this park from December through April. When we made our reservation, we asked for a double wide site. On our arrival we were give a single wide site and were told that when a double wide was available we would have it. Did not happen. We were told that the club house would be done by the first of the year. Not even close as of this writing. This means no outside bathrooms or laundry. The first sites are nice with trees and space in between each site. The more sites that are being built the smaller the space between sites. There is still a problem with the sewer gases escaping. Tired of smelling sewer when sitting outside. The camp host and owners do not communicate enough with each other. Too many problems arise that should not be happening that involve the guests. There are no rules as to how to keep your site. There are sites here that have two vehicles, motorcycles, golf carts, outside storage bins, refrigerators and freezers and just junk. Only the main street is concrete, the second street is still sand. There is no special place to pick up your mail, so the camp host delivers your mail to you. No rules on dogs. People do not keep dogs on leash or pick up after them. This park is not being run, it just runs! It is definitely not a resort by any stretch of the imagination. We camped at Coastal Oaks RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Coastal Oaks RV Resort?