8.7 Excellent

Rockport, Texas

4401 Highway 35 S
Rockport, Texas 78382

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Drifters Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $17.00

This RV park has pretty much recovered from Hurricane Harvey storm damage, but the rest of this area leaves much to be desired. The park management are super nice and go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. The facility is in great shape and they are constantly working to make repairs and upgrades. All the hookups work well (WIFI sometimes slow but better than most RV parks). Sites are level with cement pads and fairly roomy. The roads leading to the sites can be narrow with difficult approaches for larger rigs and need potholes filled. My one complaint about the park is there is no recycling, but after checking around, there is no drop off center except in Corpus Christi! This is none of the park's fault, but the surrounding area is sad and depressing. Marinas and fishing piers are heavily damaged with debris in the water making it unsafe to boat or fish. Many parks are closed, or if open, the rest rooms and facilities are closed. Many businesses will never reopen or have rebuilt and abandoned their old building (a major Texas grocery chain in Rockport). It is very sad and to the outsider, it appears they have lost hope and pride. The debris left behind is the most depressing and lines all the roadways. One of the touristy souvenir shops in Aransas Pass has been abandoned and fenced off (with damaged merchandise strewn everywhere). I doubt any of it has been touched since the storm six months ago! The Rockport/Fulton/Aransas Pass/Aransas Port and surrounding areas are still recovering from Hurricane Harvey. There are debris and eyesores everywhere you drive and look. Street signs are still missing so it is difficult to find your way around. Corpus Christi and Padre Island are beautiful and in pretty good shape. We've been spending most our time there. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

Drifters Resort is a great resort in Rockport. It was immaculate while we were there. The grounds are very well kept as are the facilities. The pool and spa area were great and very refreshing during the day. The wifi was strong and reliable. They also provide cable but we were not able to connect as I didn't have a long enough cable. Our family also rented a bungalow and a cabana in addition to my RV site. Both cabins were very clean and they showed each day to replace towels and such. We stayed in site 53 which was a very level concrete pad with lots of shade. The power pedestal, cable and water connections were in the very back of the site. The sewer was centered. The was very little grass at the site due to the high shade. I will take shade over grass any day when on the Texas coast. My only issue was the rule of not allowing dogs in the yards of the cabins. I understand with not allowing them in the buildings but not in the yard? We had rented two cabins and an RV site. We wanted to use the yard area from the cabins to spend our time together as a family and by not allowing us to keep a dog in the yard was disappointing. The web site clearly says no dogs allowed in the buildings. Its say nothing about not being in the yard. There is a sign on the inside of the cabin door ( I didn't rent a cabin personally, I rented an RV site) stating no dogs allowed in the yard. A workamper came by on a golf cart and asked me (he was polite about it) to remove the dog from the area and return him to the RV. Again this was disappointing to me as a dog owner. Overall for the price the park is a great value on the RV sites. Its very clean and well kept and convenient to both Aransas Pass and Rockport. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Travel Trailer.

We ate at the Paradise Key Dockside Restaurant in Rockport and really enjoyed it. The view is great and the food is better!!

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $40.00

The pictures are beautiful and parts of the park are just not most it because the grass has died. Our site was long with lot of width under very old oak trees. Although the site is wide it is a very narrow path between the branches to park the unit. Most of the sites are taken by full timers so for them this is no problem. The park has NO pull thru's. The water and electric are at the back of the site I had just enough hose and power line to reach the utilities. The sewer is in the middle and is no problem. Because of the trees no satellite is possible. The bathrooms and pool area are nice and the wifi was good (poor AT&T reception). On the way out I went the way that was directed and hit the bottom of some branches no harm but annoying. We would stay at a different park next time. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Motorhome.

We where there during Sand Fest (sand sculpture contest) it was a blast. Also a trip to the Lexington Air Craft Carrier is worth the time. At the National Seashore was nice and got to see a turtle which was cool. We tried numerous restaurnts and did not find a good one, maybe just bad luck.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $40.00

Nice park close to Rockport. Easy in and out. Sites are large. Pleasant helpful staff. Would stay here again. Weekly rate works out a lot cheaper at $175. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Drifters Resort

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $35.00

I was here for four nights, and thought it was okay. What I liked is that it was very quiet, especially at night, when I slept with my windows open with no problem. Also the sites are quite roomy, not crowded together. I also liked that there were many mature trees. There are mainly winter Texans and long term residents here, but none of the sites looked junky. The cable TV was a hassle; you get a box from the office when you check in, and you have to unhook the cable to your TV, and then rehook it up again with the cable box. It was a pain in the...neck, and then when I got it all hooked up, I got a message on the screen that said "Your smart card is expired; contact your cable company to get a new one". The office was closed, so I unhooked everything so I could use my antennae to watch the two channels available through it. Also, they overcharged me by one night, but they caught it before I brought it to their attention, and wrote me a check to correct it; not sure why they didn't just issue a credit on my card, but a check worked fine. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $15.00

October 2012-March 2013 We stayed here in a Motorhome for the winter and we loved the people that we met here at the park. The Management & maintenance is always working hard to keep up the park and make improvements. The folks in the office were wonderful to be around and their customer service was stellar. Great doggie park, activities, exercise room, laundry room, showers and bathrooms. They have an exceptionally nice swimming pool but it was cold the majority of the times so we didn't use it much. We would have rated them higher, however, the cell phone service is bad because of the trees and the WiFi is hit and miss (more hits than miss). Depending on the site, Satellite is hit or miss as well. Most of the sites are spacious, but the trees can be a blessing in the warmer months and the colder months become a nuisance with leaves and sap falling. This year it was very windy while we were here and lots of dirt. It would be nice if the roads were paved with cement or blacktop. If you have dogs you have to wash their feet after their walks because of the humidity and the dirt roads. Monthly rates are great and the park is always booked. The cabins are exceptional and always booked as well. Overall this is one of the nicest parks in Rockport. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2011 - $30.00

Nice park outside of Rockport. Roads are dirt which make them dusty or muddling. Level sites are cement with grass and oak trees. New rec center has been built. Water, Wi-Fi, and power were good, cell weak (AT&T). Owners/staff very friendly. We would recommend staying here. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2009 - $27.00

We stayed at Drifters based on the reviews and the fact that they advertised a pool/spa. The campground is located south of Rockport and not really near much, but that's what we expected. The campground spots are very nice: paved with grass and trees. The strange thing is that the interior roads are all dirt. We were there when it rained and the roads had lots of potholes and water covering them. It was apparent they were having some drainage problems. I would rate this park a 7, but certainly not a 10 like others. My biggest reason was the advertised heated pool/spa. Well, its heated if you tell them several hours (or a day) early and they want to know exactly when you plan to use it. I know its expensive to heat the pool/spa, but we expected it to be available at all times. When we did try to use it we were given the wrong hours and they closed it before we could come. If you are looking for a place with a heated pool I suggest you look for something else. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2008 - $30.00

A really wonderful park that caters to many winter Texans. The owners are in the process of adding 20 new full service sites that will likely be ready by this coming April or May. The RVers who stay at this park are very, very welcoming and open, and treat 'newcomers' with great warmth and friendliness. Some of the long timers have returned to Drifters for 14 years in a row. That says a great deal about how terrific the park truly is! My wife and I were sorry to move on after staying there for two weeks, but have placed our names on the returnees list for the late fall / early winter in 2009. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2008 - $28.00

The park is well laid out although trees are fairly close and you have to maneuver around them to get to your site. The pads are cement and all hookups easy to get to. The only problem is cell phone service has poor reception. We noticed people having to go outside to try and get a couple of bars to talk and it was the same for us. That's the only downside that I can see. They are in the process of adding another 24 sites. We would stay here again if passing through. We camped at Drifters Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Drifters Resort

Are you affiliated with Drifters Resort ?