4 Parks near San Marcos, Texas
Aug 2015 - $40.00
I was expecting a rate of $30 from what others had written in their reviews, but the current rate is $40 per night with no discounts.
Other than that, the place was fine. The roads and sites are large and easy to get in and out of. That means a lot to us since we drive a large motorhome. We didn't hear any of the "beep beeping" mentioned in other reviews. The traffic noise was less than in many RV parks; it is not right on the highway but at least a little ways from it. It is easy to reach from the highway and you can see the highway from the park. We could hear the trains but they were also not nearly as close as at many parks where we've stayed so they didn't bother us a bit.
We consider it a good overnight stay. We spent one night there each way on our most recent trip and will do the same in the future.
Our GPS tried told us to turn into the concrete place next door. We ignored it and drove a short distance further to the large entrance with a big Canyon Trail RV Resort sign. - Pamela R.
Apr 2015 - $28.00
Good place for a short stay. Level concrete pads, good access and room to maneuver. Reasonable highway noise, and some trains. Lots of beeping noises during the day from the concrete plant next door. But a good place to stay while visiting the Austin area. Our rate was a group rate as we has about 10 RVs stay there. - jOHNONTHEROAD
May 2014 - $30.00
Perfectly good overnight stop. Sites are level and decently shaded. Amenities are sufficient. Bathrooms and showers were sufficiently clean. Playground equipment is all inoperative. Clearly this used to be a family stop and has become more working/long-term and overnighters (like us). Yes, it's yards from I-35 and you can also hear trains all night. So what. Great sites, decent pavement getting around. Great electric, sewer and water hook-ups, etc. A solid six. And there's really nothing "wrong" with that. We'd stay here again. It is what it is and the price is fair. - Texas Fleetwood
Jul 2015 - $45.00
Pecan Park in San Marcos, Texas is not family friendly and the owners of this park are not respectful to the guests.
Here are some examples of the treatment of guests at this park:
1. Night Security is extremely rude. The owners evict guests at for minor things (like doing sparklers by the river on the 4th of July). As we watched our camping neighbors pack up their trailer, the Sheriff's Department advised us that this happens on a regular basis, but because it is private property they have no choice but to make sure the campers leave. This was the second time the police had shown up in 2 days.
2. There is an abandoned home on the property that is open with no warning signs or security tape and children in the park were running through this home the entire weekend that we were camping in early July. I understand that there was a flood at the end of May, 2015, but the home should have been secured for the protection of the guests. There was also debris lying outside the home and the steps down to the river were very dangerous.
3. The hookups on some sites are very poorly placed. Campsites are very close together and there is little to no grass around the sites.
4. Too many rules. At 10:30 you are not allowed any electronic devices. You may not even sing a song or strum an acoustic guitar quietly. You are only allowed to whisper. I don't know about anyone else, but when my family go on vacation we do not appreciate a 10:30 curfew. I can appreciate a quiet time, but have some common sense.
5. Please look at the YELP "not currently recommended" reviews and also go to www.workampingreviews.com and search for Pecan Park RV and look at the review by an employee. These reviews are very insightful. - K David
May 2015 - $300.00
We lived there full-time from September, 2014 - May, 2015. The owners and staff are AWESOME!!!! We were there the infamous Memorial Day Weekend, 2015 when the Blanco and San Marcos rivers flooded. The owners live on property, but put the residents and guests first to make sure everyone evacuated. God Bless Them! They are back up and running...stronger than ever! It's a beautiful park with beautiful people. I highly recommend them! - AJ and JJ
Apr 2015 - $48.00
This is truly the best campground we ever stayed at. Lovey old pecan trees, swimming pool, hot tub, great cookouts and lovely people. Take the family! - Cook
Jan 2015 - $10.00
They do not allow children, which for the majority of people means they don't want you. They are almost always full, because of their cheap monthly price (which is why I listed 10 a night). They have no bathrooms, no showers, no laundry, and very short inconvenient office hours. They have no website, which is weird in 2015, so good luck getting their number. - Swift_Strongarm
Aug 2011 - $10.00
When we came to this part of Texas for a job. This was a very reasonable place. Good place for workers that have self contained RV's since they don't have restrooms or showers. Very nice people and next door to the Three Dudes Winery. Less than 2 miles outside of town. The rate I gave was monthly and we would stay again. - BJ&ME