Canyon Trail RV Resort

• Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

cannyb

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $15.00

As an extended stay camper, I was very pleased with the park's wide sites and paved pads. There is no pool and I've never seen the club house open as there are no planned camper activities. However, the park is easily accessible to I-35, and it is very convenient to activities in the area (both New Braunfels and San Marcos, San Antonio and Austin.) We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

MikeandDixie

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $40.00

We chose this park because of its location between New Braunfels and Austin. Interior roads are gravel with easy access for big rigs. We have a 31 ft. Class C. Most of the sites have concrete parking pads, but we didn't have one. Site required a lot of leveling blocks. Sites have nice separation. Access to the park is fairly easy, as long as you know the exit to use north of the park off of I-35. Wi-Fi is available, but we didn't use it, so can't comment on quality. Cable TV is available and channel selection was OK. Highway noise was about normal for a park close to an interstate. The bathrooms and showers were clean. Shower areas had regular sized change areas. All of the sites had a concrete patio pad with a picnic table. Our only complaint was there was no in park management at night. We would stay here again as an overnight or an extended stay in the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Pamela R.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $40.00

I was expecting a rate of $30 from what others had written in their reviews, but the current rate is $40 per night with no discounts.

Other than that, the place was fine. The roads and sites are large and easy to get in and out of. That means a lot to us since we drive a large motorhome. We didn't hear any of the "beep beeping" mentioned in other reviews. The traffic noise was less than in many RV parks; it is not right on the highway but at least a little ways from it. It is easy to reach from the highway and you can see the highway from the park. We could hear the trains but they were also not nearly as close as at many parks where we've stayed so they didn't bother us a bit.

We consider it a good overnight stay. We spent one night there each way on our most recent trip and will do the same in the future.

Our GPS tried told us to turn into the concrete place next door. We ignored it and drove a short distance further to the large entrance with a big Canyon Trail RV Resort sign. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

jOHNONTHEROAD

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $28.00

Good place for a short stay. Level concrete pads, good access and room to maneuver. Reasonable highway noise, and some trains. Lots of beeping noises during the day from the concrete plant next door. But a good place to stay while visiting the Austin area. Our rate was a group rate as we has about 10 RVs stay there. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Texas Fleetwood

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $30.00

Perfectly good overnight stop. Sites are level and decently shaded. Amenities are sufficient. Bathrooms and showers were sufficiently clean. Playground equipment is all inoperative. Clearly this used to be a family stop and has become more working/long-term and overnighters (like us). Yes, it's yards from I-35 and you can also hear trains all night. So what. Great sites, decent pavement getting around. Great electric, sewer and water hook-ups, etc. A solid six. And there's really nothing "wrong" with that. We'd stay here again. It is what it is and the price is fair. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

sprinter55

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $30.00

This is a preliminary review since we just got here and first impressions last forever. The place is right on the interstate frontage road with construction of some sort next door. A continuous beep, beep, beep is irritating. I expect it will be quieter tonight. The main office is where a guests should be treated well. First, approaching the door, the sign says " No vehicle washing" note vehicle is misspelled. Then we walk in and some old man is kicked back in my grandpa's recliner. He asked if we were coming or going. Well, we just pulled up in front of the door with a motorhome and tow facing in so he must have been asleep. He works himself out of the lazy-boy and gives me my receipt, which was prepaid. I asked him if i was disturbing him. He gave me a map of the park with a highlighted route to my site. We got no other info on showers, wifi, etc. So, I get in my site and my motorhome and tow is filthy from rain and mud in my travels. I decided that I would wash the car regardless since it was so dirty I couldn't see through the glass. I did a half-fast job and only washed the front and part of the sides. I was so afraid that the car wash cops would bust me but I was quick and frugal with the water. Good thing, it is going to be about 35 degrees tonight and I would have been happy to sleep with the windows open and all my electric heaters on. I'll be here a week and will write a more thorough review when I check out. Meanwhile, this place is a one star resort. Oh yeah, a resort? Hardly. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Noah_Genda

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $30.00

We stayed in this park for four nights after being flooded out of another park. The owner was extremely nice and accommodating. There were several flood refugees who needed a place to stay. The owner went out of his way to get everyone in he could. Park is very clean, level sites with concrete pads. Easy in an out with our 38ft RV. Bathrooms and laundry room very clean. The down side is the concrete plant behind the park. It starts operating very early in the morning with a lot of equipment noise. We did not use the WiFi. We would stay again if passing through the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Cyberdave-1

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $37.00

The pads are the most level I've seen in ten years. Water pressure is not high enough, about 35 psi. Electric was solid and L1-L2 voltage was very close to each other. Plug was in good shape. Cable is solid but, only a couple of HD channels. The owner is polite enough, but difficult to engage in conversation. The other comments about noise are correct. Like most, we've stayed in a lot of parks near freeways, railroads and even under the approach end of an air base. But, for some reason the freeway noise is LOUD! Probably due to heavy truck traffic 24 / 7. Knew it going in so you cannot knock it. The pet walk is small and clean, but watch your dogs closely as the bushes near it are prime rattler areas. A lot of semi permanent residents, but all of them were kept up and very neat. We'd stay again anytime we're in the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Oooooooo

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $25.00

Noise from trains, freeway, heavy commercial concrete construction next door, dust from gravel, unkept deferred maintenance, dog waste everywhere, the list goes on. Would not stay here again. Only part of pads are concrete; most are large chunk gravel; would be dusty in summer. Fire ants everywhere. Many full time 5th wheels and parked towables. Small rec hall. Some sites had cable disconnected. We did not need cable but observed this. If you want close to discount malls, then this is just up I-35. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Bethro

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $30.00

Was very apprehensive to make reservations at this park after reading reviews. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived! We were expecting the worse and found that this park is very well kept with concrete level pads and paved roads. We did not see any dog feces in campground. Yes, this park sets off I-35 but noise was not a factor. There are full timers in the park, but we did not see any trashy sites. The pull in spaces are large and roomy. No, this is not a "resort" but a nice RV park. Owner was very friendly. We stayed at the park for four days without any problems. Will stay here again when in the area. If there is a train nearby, our sleep was not disrupted by it. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

rebootsemi

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $24.00

Sites are nice and wide and the concrete pads are fairly level. The 50 amp did not work in our site, used 30 amp. The bathrooms and showers are inclosed, and are in fair condition. Big complaint with this park is the train noise, and the Wi-Fi that does not work. No bandwidth for all the park residents, signal is great, just slower than dial-up. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

SDVIKING

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $30.00

This park is close to the outlet mall. That is the only positive I have for this park. I would recommend staying at any other park if you value your sleep. The multiple moving railroad cranes in the business next door have high pitched warning beepers that continue all hours of the day and night. The beeping is so loud, ear plugs do not help. On top of that, trains sound their horns and rumble by at least every hour day and night. The owners were inflexible and did not keep their word with us. The park is in a visible state of decline. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Donco

Date of Stay: February, 2012 - $30.00

The park is close to the Outlet Malls and other shopping. Wi-Fi was OK and the staff friendly. There is a moderate level of noise from trains, I-35, and a heavy industry next door, however, it did not bother me. The sites are fairly level and some are concrete and pull through. There are some long term residents but the rigs are kept neat and tidy. There are two small dog runs and a playground. There is no club house to speak of but the showers are fairly nice. I will stay here again. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

jGalt

Date of Stay: January, 2012 - $30.00

This is a great park because of the wide access roads, the level concrete pads, paved interior roads, wide sites, and location. It is very close to the giant outlet shopping malls of San Marcos, convenient to Austin, just a few miles north of Camping World (New Braunfels), and easy access from Interstate 35. The Wi-Fi works well. There is a very large children's play area. My favorite aspect is the sites are wide so you aren't stuffed into the side of your neighbor...well, that and no leveling required on the concrete pads. The downside of an interstate location is highway noise, but since it is constant it wasn't hard to tune out. There is a train on one side and the cement factory, but none of the noises disturbed my sleep and my trailer has almost no insulation and only single pane windows. I will stay here any time I am in this vicinity. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

tiredoftrashyparks

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $30.00

We like this park. It is clean and well kept. The managers are friendly. We have stayed here numerous times and recently stayed for a month. It is convenient for us to go to our doctors and is near the city of Austin. Our recent stay was for a month and we plan to return in December. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

San Antonio KOA

San Antonio, Texas

Oak Forest RV Park

Austin, Texas

Crestview RV Park

Buda, Texas

Are you affiliated with Canyon Trail RV Resort?