Canyon Trail RV Resort

San Marcos, Texas

Texas Fleetwood

Perfectly good overnight stop. Sites are level and decently shaded. Amenities are sufficient. Bathrooms and showers were sufficiently clean. Playground equipment is all inoperative. Clearly this used to be a family stop and has become more working/long-term and overnighters (like us). Yes, it's yards from I-35 and you can also hear trains all night. So what. Great sites, decent pavement getting around. Great electric, sewer and water hook-ups, etc. A solid six. And there's really nothing "wrong" with that. We'd stay here again. It is what it is and the price is fair. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Noah_Genda

We stayed in this park for four nights after being flooded out of another park. The owner was extremely nice and accommodating. There were several flood refugees who needed a place to stay. The owner went out of his way to get everyone in he could. Park is very clean, level sites with concrete pads. Easy in an out with our 38ft RV. Bathrooms and laundry room very clean. The down side is the concrete plant behind the park. It starts operating very early in the morning with a lot of equipment noise. We did not use the WiFi. We would stay again if passing through the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

sprinter55

This is a preliminary review since we just got here and first impressions last forever. The place is right on the interstate frontage road with construction of some sort next door. A continuous beep, beep, beep is irritating. I expect it will be quieter tonight. The main office is where a guests should be treated well. First, approaching the door, the sign says " No vehicle washing" note vehicle is misspelled. Then we walk in and some old man is kicked back in my grandpa's recliner. He asked if we were coming or going. Well, we just pulled up in front of the door with a motorhome and tow facing in so he must have been asleep. He works himself out of the lazy-boy and gives me my receipt, which was prepaid. I asked him if i was disturbing him. He gave me a map of the park with a highlighted route to my site. We got no other info on showers, wifi, etc. So, I get in my site and my motorhome and tow is filthy from rain and mud in my travels. I decided that I would wash the car regardless since it was so dirty I couldn't see through the glass. I did a half-fast job and only washed the front and part of the sides. I was so afraid that the car wash cops would bust me but I was quick and frugal with the water. Good thing, it is going to be about 35 degrees tonight and I would have been happy to sleep with the windows open and all my electric heaters on. I'll be here a week and will write a more thorough review when I check out. Meanwhile, this place is a one star resort. Oh yeah, a resort? Hardly. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Cyberdave-1

The pads are the most level I've seen in ten years. Water pressure is not high enough, about 35 psi. Electric was solid and L1-L2 voltage was very close to each other. Plug was in good shape. Cable is solid but, only a couple of HD channels. The owner is polite enough, but difficult to engage in conversation. The other comments about noise are correct. Like most, we've stayed in a lot of parks near freeways, railroads and even under the approach end of an air base. But, for some reason the freeway noise is LOUD! Probably due to heavy truck traffic 24 / 7. Knew it going in so you cannot knock it. The pet walk is small and clean, but watch your dogs closely as the bushes near it are prime rattler areas. A lot of semi permanent residents, but all of them were kept up and very neat. We'd stay again anytime we're in the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Bethro

Was very apprehensive to make reservations at this park after reading reviews. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived! We were expecting the worse and found that this park is very well kept with concrete level pads and paved roads. We did not see any dog feces in campground. Yes, this park sets off I-35 but noise was not a factor. There are full timers in the park, but we did not see any trashy sites. The pull in spaces are large and roomy. No, this is not a "resort" but a nice RV park. Owner was very friendly. We stayed at the park for four days without any problems. Will stay here again when in the area. If there is a train nearby, our sleep was not disrupted by it. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

leonabp

Noise from trains, freeway, heavy commercial concrete construction next door, dust from gravel, unkept deferred maintenance, dog waste everywhere, the list goes on. Would not stay here again. Only part of pads are concrete; most are large chunk gravel; would be dusty in summer. Fire ants everywhere. Many full time 5th wheels and parked towables. Small rec hall. Some sites had cable disconnected. We did not need cable but observed this. If you want close to discount malls, then this is just up I-35. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

SDVIKING

This park is close to the outlet mall. That is the only positive I have for this park. I would recommend staying at any other park if you value your sleep. The multiple moving railroad cranes in the business next door have high pitched warning beepers that continue all hours of the day and night. The beeping is so loud, ear plugs do not help. On top of that, trains sound their horns and rumble by at least every hour day and night. The owners were inflexible and did not keep their word with us. The park is in a visible state of decline. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

rebootsemi

Sites are nice and wide and the concrete pads are fairly level. The 50 amp did not work in our site, used 30 amp. The bathrooms and showers are inclosed, and are in fair condition. Big complaint with this park is the train noise, and the Wi-Fi that does not work. No bandwidth for all the park residents, signal is great, just slower than dial-up. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Donco

The park is close to the Outlet Malls and other shopping. Wi-Fi was OK and the staff friendly. There is a moderate level of noise from trains, I-35, and a heavy industry next door, however, it did not bother me. The sites are fairly level and some are concrete and pull through. There are some long term residents but the rigs are kept neat and tidy. There are two small dog runs and a playground. There is no club house to speak of but the showers are fairly nice. I will stay here again. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

jGalt

This is a great park because of the wide access roads, the level concrete pads, paved interior roads, wide sites, and location. It is very close to the giant outlet shopping malls of San Marcos, convenient to Austin, just a few miles north of Camping World (New Braunfels), and easy access from Interstate 35. The Wi-Fi works well. There is a very large children's play area. My favorite aspect is the sites are wide so you aren't stuffed into the side of your neighbor...well, that and no leveling required on the concrete pads. The downside of an interstate location is highway noise, but since it is constant it wasn't hard to tune out. There is a train on one side and the cement factory, but none of the noises disturbed my sleep and my trailer has almost no insulation and only single pane windows. I will stay here any time I am in this vicinity. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

tiredoftrashyparks

We like this park. It is clean and well kept. The managers are friendly. We have stayed here numerous times and recently stayed for a month. It is convenient for us to go to our doctors and is near the city of Austin. Our recent stay was for a month and we plan to return in December. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

J59T

Here another campground throwing out the word "resort". There is NOTHING remotely resembling a resort here. It's a place to pull off the road for 1 night. The concrete place next door is very noisy so be prepared to be awaken around 5:30 in the morning. It was very pricey considering no pool, spa or any amenities. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

B&H

The nightly rate reflects a discount for cash. It was perfect for what we needed which was an easy overnight stay. Setup was a breeze because of the level, wide, long paved sites. The cement factory did give us an early morning wake up call which was the only reason it didn't get a 10. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spud805

The park is definitely not a resort but it is fine for visits to the San Marcos Area. The park is clean and well maintained. The owner is very nice and helpful. The pads are level and the electricity is good. Wi-Fi and cable worked. Close to interstate, shopping, and food. Noise was there from the cement plant but I could not hear it in my RV at all. We sleep with a fan blowing and it covers the sound for sleeping. I was nice weather and we sat outside visiting with friends and it was not a problem. Overall a great place to spend a few days. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

zen_letitbe

The sites had concrete pads but the gravel to and from the RV location sloped down. Difficult to unhook/hook up and to level the rig. Winds were blowing almost all of the time from the South. they had a small fenced dog area but a really big front field that provided for running on long long leashes. The park has a leash regulation - use one on your dog at all times. Remember if we break the rules, parks will begin to deny pets as guests. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Canyon Trail RV Resort?