Canyon Trail RV Resort

• Family Friendly Family Friendly no
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Only accepts cash or a check, no discounts. We made reservation by phone a few days before and was directed to one of 3 possible open sites. We did show up in the evening, filled out an envelope w/ our details and site number, placed a check inside and dropped in a night drop box. We never saw anyone at the office, but during our stay, we did not need anything else. Nice older park with lots of shad trees and some shrubs for privacy. Interior roads are paved, most sites have a concrete pad under RV (w/ gravel ramps leading to and from pads) with a concrete patio and picnic table. Power and water were great. Even thought its between railroad tracks and the interstate - the noise was not a problem. We will be back and stay again when in the area. Thanks and safe travels!!! We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Lots to do in the area!!!

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

clean park but they need some serious tree trimming. I saw trees rubbing on RV's. slides and awnings seemed impossible to use in many cases .They advertise free WiFi but it didn't work. I was only here one night and they want cash and won't take plastic. Frankly, I thought $40 was too much for this place. While it's right off the freeway, we parked in the rear and road noise was not a factor. No trains coming thru when we were here. I may stay here again because it is a pretty good location. sites seemed level. they were gravel and the roads were paved. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Very close to San Marcos and New Braunfels, Buc-ees and the outlet mall.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $40.00

Stay 3 nights, Friday through Sunday. Very clean park. Besides the interstate noise a very quit park. Park was about 1/2 to 3/4 full. Staff and other campers very friendly. big wide pull through sights and easy access to hookups. Several sites have tall shrugs between for privacy. Did not use the showers, restroom or clubhouse and can't give a comment on them but did see several people coming and going from there. This is in between San Marcos and New Braunfels so you will drive ~8 miles either way to get to either. Will stay again when in the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

I spent 5 nights at this park. For me, the park gets good marks for its friendly staff, easy to access pull-thru site for a 40-ft motorhome and nice, clean restrooms. Unfortunately, trees around my site prevented me from using my rooftop satellite dish and the WIFI performance was inconsistent to the point of being useless. The highway and train noise was going to be a "given," so I was prepared for that. In my opinion the "negatives" make the $40/night charge seem a bit high, compared with other RV parks I've stayed at. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $15.00

As an extended stay camper, I was very pleased with the park's wide sites and paved pads. There is no pool and I've never seen the club house open as there are no planned camper activities. However, the park is easily accessible to I-35, and it is very convenient to activities in the area (both New Braunfels and San Marcos, San Antonio and Austin.) We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $40.00

We chose this park because of its location between New Braunfels and Austin. Interior roads are gravel with easy access for big rigs. We have a 31 ft. Class C. Most of the sites have concrete parking pads, but we didn't have one. Site required a lot of leveling blocks. Sites have nice separation. Access to the park is fairly easy, as long as you know the exit to use north of the park off of I-35. Wi-Fi is available, but we didn't use it, so can't comment on quality. Cable TV is available and channel selection was OK. Highway noise was about normal for a park close to an interstate. The bathrooms and showers were clean. Shower areas had regular sized change areas. All of the sites had a concrete patio pad with a picnic table. Our only complaint was there was no in park management at night. We would stay here again as an overnight or an extended stay in the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $40.00

I was expecting a rate of $30 from what others had written in their reviews, but the current rate is $40 per night with no discounts.

Other than that, the place was fine. The roads and sites are large and easy to get in and out of. That means a lot to us since we drive a large motorhome. We didn't hear any of the "beep beeping" mentioned in other reviews. The traffic noise was less than in many RV parks; it is not right on the highway but at least a little ways from it. It is easy to reach from the highway and you can see the highway from the park. We could hear the trains but they were also not nearly as close as at many parks where we've stayed so they didn't bother us a bit.

We consider it a good overnight stay. We spent one night there each way on our most recent trip and will do the same in the future.

Our GPS tried told us to turn into the concrete place next door. We ignored it and drove a short distance further to the large entrance with a big Canyon Trail RV Resort sign. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $28.00

Good place for a short stay. Level concrete pads, good access and room to maneuver. Reasonable highway noise, and some trains. Lots of beeping noises during the day from the concrete plant next door. But a good place to stay while visiting the Austin area. Our rate was a group rate as we has about 10 RVs stay there. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $30.00

Perfectly good overnight stop. Sites are level and decently shaded. Amenities are sufficient. Bathrooms and showers were sufficiently clean. Playground equipment is all inoperative. Clearly this used to be a family stop and has become more working/long-term and overnighters (like us). Yes, it's yards from I-35 and you can also hear trains all night. So what. Great sites, decent pavement getting around. Great electric, sewer and water hook-ups, etc. A solid six. And there's really nothing "wrong" with that. We'd stay here again. It is what it is and the price is fair. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $30.00

This is a preliminary review since we just got here and first impressions last forever. The place is right on the interstate frontage road with construction of some sort next door. A continuous beep, beep, beep is irritating. I expect it will be quieter tonight. The main office is where a guests should be treated well. First, approaching the door, the sign says " No vehicle washing" note vehicle is misspelled. Then we walk in and some old man is kicked back in my grandpa's recliner. He asked if we were coming or going. Well, we just pulled up in front of the door with a motorhome and tow facing in so he must have been asleep. He works himself out of the lazy-boy and gives me my receipt, which was prepaid. I asked him if i was disturbing him. He gave me a map of the park with a highlighted route to my site. We got no other info on showers, wifi, etc. So, I get in my site and my motorhome and tow is filthy from rain and mud in my travels. I decided that I would wash the car regardless since it was so dirty I couldn't see through the glass. I did a half-fast job and only washed the front and part of the sides. I was so afraid that the car wash cops would bust me but I was quick and frugal with the water. Good thing, it is going to be about 35 degrees tonight and I would have been happy to sleep with the windows open and all my electric heaters on. I'll be here a week and will write a more thorough review when I check out. Meanwhile, this place is a one star resort. Oh yeah, a resort? Hardly. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $30.00

We stayed in this park for four nights after being flooded out of another park. The owner was extremely nice and accommodating. There were several flood refugees who needed a place to stay. The owner went out of his way to get everyone in he could. Park is very clean, level sites with concrete pads. Easy in an out with our 38ft RV. Bathrooms and laundry room very clean. The down side is the concrete plant behind the park. It starts operating very early in the morning with a lot of equipment noise. We did not use the WiFi. We would stay again if passing through the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $37.00

The pads are the most level I've seen in ten years. Water pressure is not high enough, about 35 psi. Electric was solid and L1-L2 voltage was very close to each other. Plug was in good shape. Cable is solid but, only a couple of HD channels. The owner is polite enough, but difficult to engage in conversation. The other comments about noise are correct. Like most, we've stayed in a lot of parks near freeways, railroads and even under the approach end of an air base. But, for some reason the freeway noise is LOUD! Probably due to heavy truck traffic 24 / 7. Knew it going in so you cannot knock it. The pet walk is small and clean, but watch your dogs closely as the bushes near it are prime rattler areas. A lot of semi permanent residents, but all of them were kept up and very neat. We'd stay again anytime we're in the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $25.00

Noise from trains, freeway, heavy commercial concrete construction next door, dust from gravel, unkept deferred maintenance, dog waste everywhere, the list goes on. Would not stay here again. Only part of pads are concrete; most are large chunk gravel; would be dusty in summer. Fire ants everywhere. Many full time 5th wheels and parked towables. Small rec hall. Some sites had cable disconnected. We did not need cable but observed this. If you want close to discount malls, then this is just up I-35. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $30.00

Was very apprehensive to make reservations at this park after reading reviews. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived! We were expecting the worse and found that this park is very well kept with concrete level pads and paved roads. We did not see any dog feces in campground. Yes, this park sets off I-35 but noise was not a factor. There are full timers in the park, but we did not see any trashy sites. The pull in spaces are large and roomy. No, this is not a "resort" but a nice RV park. Owner was very friendly. We stayed at the park for four days without any problems. Will stay here again when in the area. If there is a train nearby, our sleep was not disrupted by it. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $24.00

Sites are nice and wide and the concrete pads are fairly level. The 50 amp did not work in our site, used 30 amp. The bathrooms and showers are inclosed, and are in fair condition. Big complaint with this park is the train noise, and the Wi-Fi that does not work. No bandwidth for all the park residents, signal is great, just slower than dial-up. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

San Antonio KOA

San Antonio, Texas

Oak Forest RV Park

Austin, Texas

Are you affiliated with Canyon Trail RV Resort?