Canyon Trail RV Resort

San Marcos, Texas 78666

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Restrooms Restrooms no
  • Showers Showers no

Ask fellow campers about "Canyon Trail RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $50.00

DO NOT CAMP HERE. We made a reservation several weeks in advance and arrived at 1 pm only to find the office closed with at least a dozen different signs on the front door but no reservation information or any information whatsoever. We called the phone number on the door but no one answered so we left a message, found an open pad and parked. The call was returned 4-1/2 hours later after we had completely hooked up our motorhome and unhooked our tow vehicle. The woman who called was rude and told us to leave $50 in cash or check in one of their envelopes and drop it in the mail chute. Every building on the property was locked and the laundry, showers and bathrooms were all permanently closed. WiFi and cable didn't work and whoever camped out in our spot prior to us left a gallon jug of water full of cigarette butts. There were dogs off leash and other campers who let their dogs crap everywhere but never cleaned up after them. We only stayed because we were 10 miles away when they called and were already set up. The next morning the owners showed up at our door before we had a chance to leave the envelope and demanded their $50 so I took the opportunity to ask them how they can charge $50 for nothing but a pad, electric, water and sewer and zero amenities save the loose dogs and dog crap. The woman got loud and demanded the cash, then started yelling that I'd better pay up or she was going to park a backhoe in front of our motorhome and call the police. We've never experienced anything like this and we've spent over 1,000 nights out in our motorhome. My only tip is STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $100.00

The Wi-Fi is nonexistent, the cable is nothing but channels you can get over the airways. Poor customer service, if any. No one stays in the office, you call the number on the door of the office and hope they return the call. My advice, stay away. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

There are some good pull-through sites in this park in the interior. The outer back-in sites are primarily gravel and are not very level.

The park is located on the Hwy feeder and there is a plant behind the park. Both of these contribute to the noise level in the park. It's a little loud but not overwhelming. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

I made a monthly reservation for a site and when I showed up there was no available sites. Called the number on the door and was told to pick any of the three available sites. Each site listed was taken. This park accepts cash only, reservations are not held with payment or documented. The park is being ran by a brother and sister and I was subjected to their sibling rivalry while they blamed each other. These two run this park as a hobby not a business. My worst ever experience at an RV park!

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

The park is located close to the interstate, easy in and out. Nice location close to Gurene and the Outlet Malls. There is a little bit of noise from the traffic and trains, not unbearable but you probably want to run a fan at night to mask it. This is a nice clean park with mostly pull through sites and cement pads. Our site was plenty long enough for my 45' motor coach and tow vehicle. However because of the over grown trees and low branches there were many sites that would be unacceptable to any taller RV's. The trees would definitely be a factor for satellite reception in many sites also. If they just trimmed the trees this would be a great park for over night stops. We did not use the bathrooms, WIFI or cable, so can't comment on them. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Canyon Trail RV Resort

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $40.00

I called a week in advance to reserve a site. When I arrived ~2PM, the office was closed. I called the number posted on the door, no one answered, so I found an open site and setup. About a hour later a woman called, OK'd my site selection and explained the payment procedure (pass check thru office door slot). A notice posted on the office door states that the showers/toilets are closed. The internet connects but doesn't transfer data. Trees partially block sat reception. Nevertheless the CG was almost full ... location, location, location. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

CG located about a mile from one of the largest outlet malls in North America.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

We stayed here about a year and a half ago. Since then it's become a self-service park. We paid $40.00 for a gravel pull through. Unfortunately the site was not level, ended up with wheels off the ground on one side. Supposed to be free wifi. Still looking for it. Cable was adequate. I believe this place is over priced and will not be back. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $30.00

This is a most interestingly-run park. It's self-service. There is nobody in the office (at least at any time during our 5-day stay) and a phone call gets an answering machine, although once a lady did answer. There is a box outside the office for you to take a form, fill it out, and put it with a check (no credit cards) in an envelope, then deposit it in a slit in the box. So if you don't have any questions or need help or recommendations for local restaurants, shops, hospitals, repair shops, etc. I guess that's fine.

There are also signs throughout the park and club house indicating there is a problem with theft and to lock up your belongings. While we were here, one man said his water regulator was stolen overnight. And signs in the restrooms say do not make a mess because there is nobody to clean the restrooms. Just a different kind of place.

The park itself is nice, several shade trees and wide sites. It's right on an Interstate hwy., but noise was not a problem inside the rig with our A/C running. Convenient location between San Marcos (Outlet Malls) and New Braunfels (Camping World). 50 amp electric service is sometimes questionable. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

HUGE Outlet Mall in San Marcos (hundreds of shops) and Camping World in New Braunfels.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Only accepts cash or a check, no discounts. We made reservation by phone a few days before and was directed to one of 3 possible open sites. We did show up in the evening, filled out an envelope w/ our details and site number, placed a check inside and dropped in a night drop box. We never saw anyone at the office, but during our stay, we did not need anything else. Nice older park with lots of shad trees and some shrubs for privacy. Interior roads are paved, most sites have a concrete pad under RV (w/ gravel ramps leading to and from pads) with a concrete patio and picnic table. Power and water were great. Even thought its between railroad tracks and the interstate - the noise was not a problem. We will be back and stay again when in the area. Thanks and safe travels!!! We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Lots to do in the area!!!

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

clean park but they need some serious tree trimming. I saw trees rubbing on RV's. slides and awnings seemed impossible to use in many cases .They advertise free WiFi but it didn't work. I was only here one night and they want cash and won't take plastic. Frankly, I thought $40 was too much for this place. While it's right off the freeway, we parked in the rear and road noise was not a factor. No trains coming thru when we were here. I may stay here again because it is a pretty good location. sites seemed level. they were gravel and the roads were paved. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Very close to San Marcos and New Braunfels, Buc-ees and the outlet mall.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $40.00

Stay 3 nights, Friday through Sunday. Very clean park. Besides the interstate noise a very quit park. Park was about 1/2 to 3/4 full. Staff and other campers very friendly. big wide pull through sights and easy access to hookups. Several sites have tall shrugs between for privacy. Did not use the showers, restroom or clubhouse and can't give a comment on them but did see several people coming and going from there. This is in between San Marcos and New Braunfels so you will drive ~8 miles either way to get to either. Will stay again when in the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

I spent 5 nights at this park. For me, the park gets good marks for its friendly staff, easy to access pull-thru site for a 40-ft motorhome and nice, clean restrooms. Unfortunately, trees around my site prevented me from using my rooftop satellite dish and the WIFI performance was inconsistent to the point of being useless. The highway and train noise was going to be a "given," so I was prepared for that. In my opinion the "negatives" make the $40/night charge seem a bit high, compared with other RV parks I've stayed at. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $15.00

As an extended stay camper, I was very pleased with the park's wide sites and paved pads. There is no pool and I've never seen the club house open as there are no planned camper activities. However, the park is easily accessible to I-35, and it is very convenient to activities in the area (both New Braunfels and San Marcos, San Antonio and Austin.) We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $40.00

We chose this park because of its location between New Braunfels and Austin. Interior roads are gravel with easy access for big rigs. We have a 31 ft. Class C. Most of the sites have concrete parking pads, but we didn't have one. Site required a lot of leveling blocks. Sites have nice separation. Access to the park is fairly easy, as long as you know the exit to use north of the park off of I-35. Wi-Fi is available, but we didn't use it, so can't comment on quality. Cable TV is available and channel selection was OK. Highway noise was about normal for a park close to an interstate. The bathrooms and showers were clean. Shower areas had regular sized change areas. All of the sites had a concrete patio pad with a picnic table. Our only complaint was there was no in park management at night. We would stay here again as an overnight or an extended stay in the area. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $40.00

I was expecting a rate of $30 from what others had written in their reviews, but the current rate is $40 per night with no discounts.

Other than that, the place was fine. The roads and sites are large and easy to get in and out of. That means a lot to us since we drive a large motorhome. We didn't hear any of the "beep beeping" mentioned in other reviews. The traffic noise was less than in many RV parks; it is not right on the highway but at least a little ways from it. It is easy to reach from the highway and you can see the highway from the park. We could hear the trains but they were also not nearly as close as at many parks where we've stayed so they didn't bother us a bit.

We consider it a good overnight stay. We spent one night there each way on our most recent trip and will do the same in the future.

Our GPS tried told us to turn into the concrete place next door. We ignored it and drove a short distance further to the large entrance with a big Canyon Trail RV Resort sign. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $28.00

Good place for a short stay. Level concrete pads, good access and room to maneuver. Reasonable highway noise, and some trains. Lots of beeping noises during the day from the concrete plant next door. But a good place to stay while visiting the Austin area. Our rate was a group rate as we has about 10 RVs stay there. We camped at Canyon Trail RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Canyon Trail RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Canyon Trail RV Resort ?