Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site)

Recent Rate: $35 3/2015

Longitude: -97.1775623319855

Sally Kely

This place served our needs perfectly, since we were just passing through for one night. I appreciate that they give the option of concrete vs. gravel. We're happy to pay extra for the concrete pull through. It's clean and well maintained. Excellent WiFi. Quite a bit of I-35 noise, but otherwise an excellent place to stop when you're in need of a clean place to stop for a night. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

gpafrog

Very nice park,clean,neat and well taken care of. Sites level and wide. Easy access from interstate 35 and far enough away no traffic noise. Wifi good and many TV channels thru the air. Would stay here again. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Travel Trailer.

DKRITTER

McClain’s has recently become a KOA Campground. With that, there have been some improvements. This place has come a long way but honestly it still has a long way to go. The folks were very friendly. They have paved most of the first two rows and these are long pull-throughs. It would have been nice if they were level, front to back is no big deal but side to side should be a given. It seems that they are allowing the grass to grow back in naturally; we got there just after a rain and got to setup in the grassy muddy ground. The concrete is rather narrow and even though we parked on the left edge, we still stepped off into the dirt/mud going in and out of the trailer. I was also surprised by how noisy it was. I-35 is probably 3/10ths of a mile away and the train tracks about another half further. We had to run the A/C fan to drown out the noise at night especially the train at 2am and 4am each night. They have put up a bunch of Wi-Fi towers but I couldn’t get them to work with my phone or computer. The one thing was the ants. I was up Sunday morning walking the dogs, the neighbor was out with a flashlight when she saw me she said her motorhome had been infested with ants. They had crawled up the power cord and water hoses and were all over her kitchen and entertainment center. We started checking ours and sure enough the ants were making a pilgrimage into ours was well. We are now back at the house, we have spent 3 days cleaning and hopefully we won’t have to bug bomb the trailer. This was in and older review but I figured with KOA and new concrete pads we’d be alright; I was wrong. This is part of a large RV Dealership. I wish they had invested more into landscaping and pest control. We spend a good deal of time in the area and hoped this would work well for us but, I seriously doubt we’ll come back. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Travel Trailer.

Unlevel spots. Ants infested my RV right up my water hose. Good location but this park is very poorly run and maintained. Its now a KOA. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Charles j

Okay for one night. Highway and train noise was terrible. Site was large enough, but has the personality of an RV dealership, not a resort. Would not return. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Wannabees

Rate reflects weekly rate of $125 including electricity. Definitely a good weekly deal as it was very hot and the a/c ran almost constantly. This is an easy in/out park with large sites and all utilities worked well. Definitely no 'frills' and I'd say most of the RVs here are workers of some sort because they would leave early in the mornings starting at about 4:30 a.m. Definitely a quiet park in a wide open field with no shade. We had a terrible case of ants while there, so I'm not sure if it was our site, the dry/hot weather, or what. I've NEVER had ants in any rig we've had over the last 15 years, so it was frustrating but after about 3-4 days we got a handle on them, but it made for a miserable few days. This campground has an RV dealer in the front, so if in need of service, this would be better than closer in to Dallas. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

DBishop

This RV park has a serious infestation of ants, they have totally invaded my RV, I stayed here on a monthly basis due to my job, I have never encountered ants at any other RV park like this!! The monthly rate isn't bad, but once you add the electric and all the money you have to spend to combat the ants it is very expensive. Staff says they will spray; however it doesn't help if they really do it! They have a banquet hall they rent out on the weekends, and the music is so loud, you can hear it over your AC and fans until very early hours of the morning, even though they say quiet time is at 10 PM for the campers. They don't weed eat around anything, they just spray weed killer, so there are brown spots everywhere. Staff gives off the attitude they don't care, all they want is money!! When our company moved to this area there was numerous sites obtained but after dealing with this ant infestation we have all moved out!! I found ants everywhere in my RV including the refrigerator. I have thrown away more food and spent a small fortune on ant poison!! I honestly believe the ants is what caused the power box to burn up in the middle of the night, burning my RV cord and plug. I would never stay at this park again, I would travel a larger distance to get a nice park!!!! We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Travel Trailer.

mfcros

Big, wide open park. No frills but a good place for a night or two. The lady in the office was very nice and helpful. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Fifth Wheel.

possumtrotky

This is a Texas size park with large spaces and wide open sky view of the stars at night. The lady that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. It is close to lots of food places. They have everything except cable TV but lots of local channels on antenna. Would for sure recommend this park for anyone. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Travel Trailer.

memarge

We stayed at this part several years ago. The change is very good. The landscaping, new buildings, and repair shop make this a campground to go to. We have been looking for a shop to work on our generator for the past week... all we heard was: we are one, two, or three weeks out. I called to make an appointment and was told no problem, just get registered and we will send a tech to your site. The service was quick and well done. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

OverThatWayAgain

We stayed at this park enroute to Houston. Pull through site was great since we were pulling an enclosed trailer. We decided while here to have some minor work done. Staff was friendly and was able to recommend some great eating places in Sanger. Seemed to be quite a few perm residents, but sites were kept clean and orderly. We would stay here again. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

HWR

No playground for the kids. Good in-ground swimming pool. Clean park, good gravel driveway and pads. Park sits behind RV Sales location. Lots of extended stay workers from the surrounding area. Easy in/out for an overnight stay. Access from I-45 frontage road, but way off road so you don't hear traffic from Interstate. Good 1 night stop. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Travel Trailer.

Marslo

New ownership by McClain RV. We've been here now for almost an entire month - job move. The Campsite is cleaning up very nicely under new management. All sites are extremely long and all are 30/50 with full hookups. Not much shade, but other than that it's a really nice park. A few long term, but with so many sites it's not very noticeable. Great showers and new laundry facilities. Second facility soon to be open. Oh, and with McClain sales and service on site it is easy to get service. Our water heater went out and they were fast and courteous and made the claim on our warranty too. It's just off I-35 South. Take View Rd. Exit 481. The Campsite is just past View Road up a slight elevation in the road on your right. Slow or you'll miss it! We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Fifth Wheel.

Texas Sundown Ranch RV Resort

San Saba RV Park & Golf

San Saba, Texas

Wagon Master RV Park

Sanger, Texas

Are you affiliated with Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site)?