Sanger, Texas

Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site)

Sanger, Texas

• ATT Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Nice quiet park with level concrete pull thru's that are long enough for any size rig. I had made reservations in advance since I was going to arrive after the office closed. When I arrived, someone had taken the site I was assigned. The manager was easy to get on the phone, and he quickly assigned me another site. The only negative I had was the sewer hookup was up out of the ground almost at the level of my RV hookup which made dumping black and gray water difficult. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Fifth Wheel.

Close to gas stations and restaurants in Sanger.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $30.00

This is a large spacious park. We parked on gravel. Very little shade. It was a long walk to the bathrooms and showers. The bathrooms have a toilet, sink and shower in one room. There were three of these and a single toilet for men and for women. Might be a long wait in busy season. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

We stayed here one night. Easy to get to from I35 and it is right next to a large RV center. The metal picnic table was too hot to use! Nice clean place.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $30.00

Lots are gravel when was lead to believe they were all concrete, not level. Prone to flooding in heavy rains. Nothing here for amenities except laundry. Very disappointing for a KOA. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $35.00

Use website directions to get into park. The park is located off access roads behind a RV dealership. Entrance roads are wide and concrete, as are most of the roads in park. The sites are concrete pads, however they are narrow and no patio. We were there after rain, and the ground was muddy. The front office was closed when we arrived during business hours, and we had to wait 30 minutes for someone to check us in. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015

Great 50 amp power good water, free WiFi is OK not great. They have a few rows of nice paved sites. We were on gravel but each site is 90 feet long and spaced much better than most parks. RV tech available on site as is McClains RV sales. The only negative would be the I-35 noise even though the park is over a quarter of a mile from the freeway. We stayed here as Amazon Camperforce so the site was free. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $35.00

We stayed in one of the long concrete pull thru sites. The concrete roads are a little narrow as are the concrete sites as far as making a good swing into the site. The drivers side rear tires and toad tires were a mess after being off the concrete pad. After looking around at other sites, this seems to be a common occurrence, many sites were rutted up. There was standing water visible in various places as well. That being said we would still stop here if passing through. It's very accessible from the interstate. We camped here in a 42' MH. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $35.00

Easy access off I-35. Long, cement pull through so we could keep our Jeep attached for the one night stay. Some larger open spaces around the perimeter which was nice for walking the dog. Small fishing pond, pool and rec room - non of which we used. Plenty of room for a large motorhome. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $27.00

If you're going to stay at this park be sure to use one of the paved sites. From appearances it seems that those sites are the only ones with regular maintenance such as mowing, etc. Graveled sites are far from level and drainage leaves a lot to be desired. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $35.00

This place served our needs perfectly, since we were just passing through for one night. I appreciate that they give the option of concrete vs. gravel. We're happy to pay extra for the concrete pull through. It's clean and well maintained. Excellent WiFi. Quite a bit of I-35 noise, but otherwise an excellent place to stop when you're in need of a clean place to stop for a night. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $30.00

Very nice park,clean,neat and well taken care of. Sites level and wide. Easy access from interstate 35 and far enough away no traffic noise. Wifi good and many TV channels thru the air. Would stay here again. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $35.00

McClain’s has recently become a KOA Campground. With that, there have been some improvements. This place has come a long way but honestly it still has a long way to go. The folks were very friendly. They have paved most of the first two rows and these are long pull-throughs. It would have been nice if they were level, front to back is no big deal but side to side should be a given. It seems that they are allowing the grass to grow back in naturally; we got there just after a rain and got to setup in the grassy muddy ground. The concrete is rather narrow and even though we parked on the left edge, we still stepped off into the dirt/mud going in and out of the trailer. I was also surprised by how noisy it was. I-35 is probably 3/10ths of a mile away and the train tracks about another half further. We had to run the A/C fan to drown out the noise at night especially the train at 2am and 4am each night. They have put up a bunch of Wi-Fi towers but I couldn’t get them to work with my phone or computer. The one thing was the ants. I was up Sunday morning walking the dogs, the neighbor was out with a flashlight when she saw me she said her motorhome had been infested with ants. They had crawled up the power cord and water hoses and were all over her kitchen and entertainment center. We started checking ours and sure enough the ants were making a pilgrimage into ours was well. We are now back at the house, we have spent 3 days cleaning and hopefully we won’t have to bug bomb the trailer. This was in and older review but I figured with KOA and new concrete pads we’d be alright; I was wrong. This is part of a large RV Dealership. I wish they had invested more into landscaping and pest control. We spend a good deal of time in the area and hoped this would work well for us but, I seriously doubt we’ll come back. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $30.00

Unlevel spots. Ants infested my RV right up my water hose. Good location but this park is very poorly run and maintained. Its now a KOA. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $25.00

Okay for one night. Highway and train noise was terrible. Site was large enough, but has the personality of an RV dealership, not a resort. Would not return. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $18.00

Rate reflects weekly rate of $125 including electricity. Definitely a good weekly deal as it was very hot and the a/c ran almost constantly. This is an easy in/out park with large sites and all utilities worked well. Definitely no 'frills' and I'd say most of the RVs here are workers of some sort because they would leave early in the mornings starting at about 4:30 a.m. Definitely a quiet park in a wide open field with no shade. We had a terrible case of ants while there, so I'm not sure if it was our site, the dry/hot weather, or what. I've NEVER had ants in any rig we've had over the last 15 years, so it was frustrating but after about 3-4 days we got a handle on them, but it made for a miserable few days. This campground has an RV dealer in the front, so if in need of service, this would be better than closer in to Dallas. We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $35.00

This RV park has a serious infestation of ants, they have totally invaded my RV, I stayed here on a monthly basis due to my job, I have never encountered ants at any other RV park like this!! The monthly rate isn't bad, but once you add the electric and all the money you have to spend to combat the ants it is very expensive. Staff says they will spray; however it doesn't help if they really do it! They have a banquet hall they rent out on the weekends, and the music is so loud, you can hear it over your AC and fans until very early hours of the morning, even though they say quiet time is at 10 PM for the campers. They don't weed eat around anything, they just spray weed killer, so there are brown spots everywhere. Staff gives off the attitude they don't care, all they want is money!! When our company moved to this area there was numerous sites obtained but after dealing with this ant infestation we have all moved out!! I found ants everywhere in my RV including the refrigerator. I have thrown away more food and spent a small fortune on ant poison!! I honestly believe the ants is what caused the power box to burn up in the middle of the night, burning my RV cord and plug. I would never stay at this park again, I would travel a larger distance to get a nice park!!!! We camped at Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site) in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Sanger / Denton North KOA (formerly McClain's Camp Site)?