Bar J Hitchin Post RV

Sweetwater, Texas

50 N Hopkins Rd
Sweetwater, Texas 79556

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Phone Phone ?

Ask fellow campers about "Bar J Hitchin Post RV" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $36.00

Have spent at least 4 different dates at this park. It is convenient coming out of Austin heading for the Panhandle. Made reservations for June 3, 2018, one pass through night as usual...by the time you get there you are tired and don't want any problems. Well we finally did - NO RESERVATION. Weekend person knew nothing - it's the weekly girls problem & fault. THEREFORE ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE! The site we did get is like "PIKES PEAK". May be our last visit. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

PBW

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

This is a no-frills park. It is located across the street from a large truck stop, which is very convenient after a long day's drive. Gravel roads, plenty of room for big rigs to maneuver. We arrived after hours and our information was posted on the board. We went to the site, leveled up, hooked up, no problem. There was a bit of highway noise, but with our A/C on, we did not really notice it after we settled in for the night. This is a good spot for an quick overnight stay when all you really want is a level site and a safe place to spend the night. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

Check-in process was easy and very friendly. Called and made a reservation about 2 weeks in advance. They did not require a nights deposit to hold the site. Placed on site 47, a long pull through which was a level site with paving and some gravel. The main building looks like a barn on the outside but the inside is beautiful with cedar wood and furnishing suitable for a hitching post theme. The bathrooms are very clean with ceramic tile trimmed in cedar wood with spacious shower rooms with fold down seat in dressing area and door with lock. Free cable with standard channels. All stations clear but for some reason the ABC network did not have sound. Free WiFi provided. Strong signal and relatively fast service. Close to Interstate 20 and a Loves Truck Stop but site was quiet. Very nice park, spacious sites with grass and trees. Rate for one night was $36.00 with Good Sam discount + tax. Note that GPS will not get you to the Park. From I-20 take Exit 242 and go north on Hopkins Road. As you can see, I was impressed with this RV Park and hope I have an opportunity to pass through Sweetwater again in the future so that I can return to Bar J Hitching Post RV Park. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $38.00

This is a decent park for an overnight stay. We had business in nearby Roscoe and all the other parks were rated very poor so we chose this one. There were a lot of permanent/semi-permanent residents but their sites were neat. The roads had apparently been paved at one time but are mostly broken up now although relatively smooth. The turns were fairly tight but we had no problem getting our 40' fifth-wheel around them. The sites were very level hard-packed gravel. The wi-fi was OK. Other utilities were conveniently located and everything worked well. There is no cable TV and we were only able to pull in 3 channels by the antenna; two kids cartoon channels and one home-shopping - definitely not anything we were interested in. It is close to I-20 and right across the road from the Love's Truckstop so there was some noise. Our biggest complaint was the areas between some of the sites were rough and hilly and were hard to walk on. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Featured Campgrounds Near Bar J Hitchin Post RV

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

A decent place for an overnight stop. Nothing fancy but I'd come back. The roads can be a bit tight in spots with a large RV eating rocks placed at the corners - but they are doable. The rocks might be pretty but I'd bet a few people left some paint on them. Campground is a tad noisy as its next to I20. Lots of workers - some let their dogs run loose while we walked ours around (leashed of course). Other than the loose dogs however, most of the workers kept their sites clean and were pleasant. Roads were a tad rutted and sites were Gravel/Asphalt/Chipseal... not quite sure what they were made of but decently firm for the jacks. I'd give the place a 7.5 if they would allow 1/2 points, but not an 8. Decent place for an overnight if you are traveling I20 in this part of Texas. Very nice entry/club house facility. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

Truckstop across the street from entrance

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

The park is about 500 yards from I-20 and across the street from the Love's Travel Stop. Traffic noise can be bothersome sometimes. There is a railroad track behind the park too. Not real busy and only hear the train horn once in a while. Site was fairly level and spacious. Gravel site and roads. Price seems a little high for having no amenities in the park like a pool or a dog run. Verizon phone and data reception were good. The park WiFi was kind of slow. Lots of long term tenants here. They were all real friendly. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

The WASP museum is nearby and an interesting place to visit.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

This was a park we stayed at in early April 2018. The sites were spacious and the showers clean and well appointed. The staff was nice but when I had a package shipped to this address the lady who brought it to my rig questioned as to why I was having a package delivered when I didn't "live" there. There are long term campers here but all we encountered were nice. Also, Sweetwater was a nice town with good places to eat and stores for restocking essentials. The site was gravel and very spacious and mostly level. This is right across the street from a big truck stop so you'll hear the trucks coming and going but I did not find it that bothersome. All in all a pleasant few days, We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

Check out Bucks restaurant, good food, decent price.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $36.00

Small park but nice. Site was level and long enough for our camper and vehicle. Office employee was very friendly. Well lit at night to walk our dogs. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $36.00

We stayed here both outgoing and returning on our trip and the staff was friendly and helpful. It's very convenient to I-10 but is pretty quiet nonetheless. A train goes through that we enjoyed hearing, but others might not. There are a number of long term workers staying there but everyone is neat and those we met were very nice. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

There is a WASP Museum nearby

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $36.00

This was a one night stop. Office lady was great, got a pull thru and it was very level. Only hooked up electric and water, it worked great. Across from Love's so a person can get fuel before getting back on the road. Great stop over. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

They do take credit cards now.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $36.00

Nice lady on phone when I called, gave me info on check-in! Checked out restrooms, they are beautiful..all tile & clean! Gravel site not super level, but wifi and cable worked very well! They do accept credit cards now. Will stop here again when on my way to Lubbock!! We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

I didn't need it, but the Love's across the street is well supplied!

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $36.00

They do not accept credit cards! Site is clean except I almost stepped in dog poop getting out of the truck. Ok for a stopover but way too noisy to stay long. Two truck stops and train tracks make for a noisy night. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Fifth Wheel.

We made reservations but there were two additional vacancies when we pulled in.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

Great for overnight. Mostly monthly workers but they seem to keep sites for overnighters. Some noise from the trains and truck stop but not too bad. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Travel Trailer.

Right accross from Loves truck stop for fuel and Arbys for fast food.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

Very clean and comfortable. Filled with new campers for workers in the area wind farms. Every camper was very neat. We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

Just stayed one night

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $36.00

Very nice long paved sites. Grounds well kept. There is some highway noise that did not bother us. Office very efficient. Cable and wifi worked well. Utilities are in great shape. If you are in a motorhome with a tow vehicle you should be aware that the utilities are in the rear of the site. You might need extra hoses if you don't unhook. Trailers and fifth wheels would be fine. Loves truck stop is across the street. We would stay again! We camped at Bar J Hitchin Post RV in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Bar J Hitchin Post RV

Are you affiliated with Bar J Hitchin Post RV ?