Texarkana KOA

Recent Rate: $38 6/2015

Latitude: 33.4709204216902

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

CarrieBearie

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $38.00

Just wanted to review this park since it seems to have gotten some recent bad reviews, which wasn't our experience. I wouldn't say it's a destination park, but for an overnight or two, it's just fine. It's right next to the freeway so yes, there's noise, but it didn't bother us while we were out walking our pets, and wasn't a problem overnight since we had our windows closed and AC on. The only downsides were that we didn't have success connecting to their (Tengo) wifi, and I think the water pressure was low (but true about A LOT of cgs!!). The price did seem high for what you get... I know it's a KOA, but still...too high. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

Lkp

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $38.00

This is a very old park. We were in a site that backed up against I-30 and heard truck traffic all night. The park was nearly empty so not sure why they don't assign you to sites farther from the interstate, if possible. We were only there for one night. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

padre44

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $42.00

This place is not up to normal KOA standards. We made an on-line reservation and have a KOA card which should entitle us to the best available site. Our site was the first one on coming into the park - noise, traffic and small. I asked if there wasn't anything farther back, and was told no. When will park owners figure out that water does not run uphill - our sewer was uphill from the trailer. It was also so far away that my hose wouldn't reach - had to spend $46 for more hose and attachments.

We were going to spend more than one night, but left in the morning after only one night. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Travelers456

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $42.00

The park was clean but it is overrun with construction workers. The park is also located very close to Interstate 30 and near a bridge so it is very noisy. This is a good park to visit one time as you are headed somewhere else. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Rambling All Around

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $45.00

Somewhat pricey for this campground. It is clean and tidy, but paid that amount for other KOA's and they were much, much nicer. It is very noisy here as you are right beside, and I mean, RIGHT BESIDE a highway. Doesn't bother us, but I'm sure it would some. The campground occupants were quiet. Found it strange they don't sell propane. We had to find somewhere that sold some and my husband was gone for almost an hour. The back end of this park is a permanent mobile home lot. They are well kept though. Just because of the price I would try and find another campground in the area if we come through again. Other than that we would stay again for an overnight stop. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

willranless

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $40.00

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Park was easy to find if you follow their directions, but don't rely on GPS to be accurate. It is right off I-30 and the pull-thru we had was easy to get in and out of with our 40ft 5th wheel. We could even leave our tow vehicle connected. We did have a lot of ants the next morning, so take precautions for those. We would stay here again. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Wynn Wagner

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $45.00

We had a level and paved pull-through site. The whole KOA is spotless, and the staff is helpful and friendly. I'm not always gushy with praise, but this KOA is near the top of my list as favorite campgrounds. Kudos to the Texarkana KOA We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

lemtou

Date of Stay: March, 2012 - $38.00

Way too expensive for what we got. Tight sites, very VERY noisy, sites not leveled. We will not stay here again. The entrance is weird. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

notfancybutcleancut

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $35.00

Very clean campground and friendly management but sites are very tight. The roads are narrow and moving a big rig here is difficult. On the way to my site I turned onto a campground road and a motorhome hit my trailer with its' mirror. I ended up with a dent in the back corner of my 3 month old trailer. The motorhome ended up with a mirror hanging by a cable. When I finally got into my site I stuck out by 2 feet on both ends. My truck and trailer combined are 53 feet. I didn't like this situation. In the morning I had to wait for the Itasca next to me to pull away before I could leave. The attendant told me that not to worry because I wasn't the first to have a fender-bender at this KOA. Big rigs stay away from here. Trailers up to 25 feet are probably okay. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Travel Trailer.

travelingduo

Date of Stay: November, 2011 - $44.00

We enjoyed staying the night here. Showers and bathrooms were clean and we got a strong Wi-Fi signal. We could hear the highway when outside of our rig, but it was quiet once we were inside. You can either choose easy on/off access to the highway with a little noise or you can choose a secluded park that is difficult to find at night with less noise. We like easy on/off access. The office staff was friendly and helpful. The park is a bit dated, but we consider that to be a plus. All of the kinks have been worked out, and the staff is very familiar and aware of any potential problems that they steer you clear of. We liked this park for an overnight spot. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $44.00

Park is difficult to get in and out of right now due to the road construction in the area. We didn't find a lot of things to do in the area. Our site was long enough for our 5th wheel and truck. Wi-Fi works well. Some sites are fairly close together; ours was fine. Seems to be a lot of year round people here. Nice trail for walking our dog. The RV Art Gallery was nice and had a good selection. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Barking Dog Ranch

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $36.00

The park is a dated and could use some work. Some of the sites look like the could do with a leveling off although ours was fine. WI-Fi was no problem although a little slow (streaming Netflix won't work) but emails etc were fine. It was a little loud being right next to I-30 but we knew the location when we pulled in so that was our choice. Fellow in the office was friendly and helpful. For a 1 night stop this was not that bad. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

Our Cow

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $30.00

It was just okay. Very noisy with interstate traffic and trains. Very small rough interior roads. We used it as an overnight stop, but next time we'll stop at another place. When we called for availability the office clerk never mentioned the awful construction mess. Probably won't stop here again. Lots of old campers and fulltimers. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

spiceblender

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $38.00

An old campground that should be retired. It was full of oil field workers and the spaces are narrow and the roads are bad. The staff was not friendly. We stayed because we were tired and it was on the way but will never come back. No internet even thought they said they had Wi-Fi. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Tammy Blair

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $38.00

The staff was OK but not all that friendly. The sites are very tight and not much room. They do have a couple of sites that are bigger, but you must call the office to reserve one of these sites. Do not rely on the internet reservations. Due to all the I-30 construction trying to get to the KOA is a nightmare, and all the traffic noise is horrible. My advise if your driving a big rig you might want to think about another RV park. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Clear Spring COE

Rocky Point COE

Piney Point COE

Texarkana, Texas

Are you affiliated with Texarkana KOA?