Texarkana KOA

Texarkana, Texas

Latitude: 33.4709204216902

Rambling All Around

Somewhat pricey for this campground. It is clean and tidy, but paid that amount for other KOA's and they were much, much nicer. It is very noisy here as you are right beside, and I mean, RIGHT BESIDE a highway. Doesn't bother us, but I'm sure it would some. The campground occupants were quiet. Found it strange they don't sell propane. We had to find somewhere that sold some and my husband was gone for almost an hour. The back end of this park is a permanent mobile home lot. They are well kept though. Just because of the price I would try and find another campground in the area if we come through again. Other than that we would stay again for an overnight stop. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

willranless

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Park was easy to find if you follow their directions, but don't rely on GPS to be accurate. It is right off I-30 and the pull-thru we had was easy to get in and out of with our 40ft 5th wheel. We could even leave our tow vehicle connected. We did have a lot of ants the next morning, so take precautions for those. We would stay here again. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Wynn Wagner

We had a level and paved pull-through site. The whole KOA is spotless, and the staff is helpful and friendly. I'm not always gushy with praise, but this KOA is near the top of my list as favorite campgrounds. Kudos to the Texarkana KOA We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

lemtou

Way too expensive for what we got. Tight sites, very VERY noisy, sites not leveled. We will not stay here again. The entrance is weird. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

notfancybutcleancut

Very clean campground and friendly management but sites are very tight. The roads are narrow and moving a big rig here is difficult. On the way to my site I turned onto a campground road and a motorhome hit my trailer with its' mirror. I ended up with a dent in the back corner of my 3 month old trailer. The motorhome ended up with a mirror hanging by a cable. When I finally got into my site I stuck out by 2 feet on both ends. My truck and trailer combined are 53 feet. I didn't like this situation. In the morning I had to wait for the Itasca next to me to pull away before I could leave. The attendant told me that not to worry because I wasn't the first to have a fender-bender at this KOA. Big rigs stay away from here. Trailers up to 25 feet are probably okay. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Travel Trailer.

travelingduo

We enjoyed staying the night here. Showers and bathrooms were clean and we got a strong Wi-Fi signal. We could hear the highway when outside of our rig, but it was quiet once we were inside. You can either choose easy on/off access to the highway with a little noise or you can choose a secluded park that is difficult to find at night with less noise. We like easy on/off access. The office staff was friendly and helpful. The park is a bit dated, but we consider that to be a plus. All of the kinks have been worked out, and the staff is very familiar and aware of any potential problems that they steer you clear of. We liked this park for an overnight spot. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

Park is difficult to get in and out of right now due to the road construction in the area. We didn't find a lot of things to do in the area. Our site was long enough for our 5th wheel and truck. Wi-Fi works well. Some sites are fairly close together; ours was fine. Seems to be a lot of year round people here. Nice trail for walking our dog. The RV Art Gallery was nice and had a good selection. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Barking Dog Ranch

The park is a dated and could use some work. Some of the sites look like the could do with a leveling off although ours was fine. WI-Fi was no problem although a little slow (streaming Netflix won't work) but emails etc were fine. It was a little loud being right next to I-30 but we knew the location when we pulled in so that was our choice. Fellow in the office was friendly and helpful. For a 1 night stop this was not that bad. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

Our Cow

It was just okay. Very noisy with interstate traffic and trains. Very small rough interior roads. We used it as an overnight stop, but next time we'll stop at another place. When we called for availability the office clerk never mentioned the awful construction mess. Probably won't stop here again. Lots of old campers and fulltimers. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

spiceblender

An old campground that should be retired. It was full of oil field workers and the spaces are narrow and the roads are bad. The staff was not friendly. We stayed because we were tired and it was on the way but will never come back. No internet even thought they said they had Wi-Fi. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Tammy Blair

The staff was OK but not all that friendly. The sites are very tight and not much room. They do have a couple of sites that are bigger, but you must call the office to reserve one of these sites. Do not rely on the internet reservations. Due to all the I-30 construction trying to get to the KOA is a nightmare, and all the traffic noise is horrible. My advise if your driving a big rig you might want to think about another RV park. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Gypsybill

Typical KOA and nothing we found was unexpected but we needed a place to stop for the night. Difficult to find the entrance (tons of construction going on on I-30 so the exits are not well marked, the lanes are narrow, the turns are tight) and just a difficult to get out of because of the preceding. Sites are OK if you get one you can get into, get unhooked and somewhat level. The facilities looked good and the park was neat and well maintained. The staff was "lukewarm" but not unfriendly. Wi-Fi for us was unusable even though I could "see" the connection, I could not use it. Again, I usually try to avoid KOAs now as you never know what you are going to get anymore, but we were tired and didn't want to go further that day. We won't be back. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

DBCooper

This park in next to the Interstate and you do get the traffic noise. There are a few speed bumps. My jacks were not working and I requested a level site. The one assigned wasn't as level as a few others that I believe were available. The exit isn't clearly marked probably due to road construction. A good over night stop, but I'll look for another in this area. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Motorhome.

bgbassman

This is a typical KOA campground in that it was clean and well kept. The office lady was cordial but not overly friendly. The roads and sites were a bit tight but not a big problem. This campground is extremely close to I-30 and it is very noisy at all hours. There is massive construction all around on I-30 making it very difficult for us to find our way around, the GPS was useless. If you stay on I-30 it's okay, but venture off and you may spend allot of time trying to get back on track. I would not go back here again until the construction is completed, it is really a mess. This is no fault of the park of course. We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Snooker2

The gentlemen running the park is excellent. He is very friendly and happy to make you happy! He picked out a great site for us. We were very satisfied at this campsite! We camped at Texarkana KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Cochise Terrace RV Resort

Benson, Arizona

Memphis KOA

Marion, Arkansas

Caddo Lake State Park

Karnack, Texas

Are you affiliated with Texarkana KOA?