Woodland Lakes RV Park

Latitude: 30.20638

• Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Woodland Lakes RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $54.00

Very quiet park with easy access to Houston. Staff were very helpful with any requests. We even got upgraded to a deluxe site. This is our go-to park for north Houston area! We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $53.00

This is an older park that does show its age in some areas but has been well maintained for the most part. The roads are paved and in overall good shape; however, they are a bit narrow and the sites are short for some rigs which causes people to partial park in the road. The road getting to the park is a little rough due to construction of a new apartment complex across the road. The entrance and exit could be tight for some big rigs. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. My site was level front to back and side to side, had a paver patio, and a picnic table. The cable was good with adequate channels and the wifi was actually decent for once. The dog park was well maintained as was most of the grounds. There were 2 ponds with ducks to keep you entertained. The park does have a lot of full time residents with all their campsites being nice neat without any junk RVs cars etc. There were a fair number of snowbirds too. For the most part, the park was quiet and well manicured. The weakness of this park include the hook-ups being spaced oddly with electricity and sewer at the front of the pad while water and cable were at the rear of the pad. Sites are close together and short for many big rigs. There is some mud around the hookups due to lack of grass. Some of the pavers at the site were broken. Some of the neighbors had loud trucks that they liked to drive in and out of the park at night (like midnight and 1 am). Not a bad park to stay at overnight or for a few days. I stayed for 4 days while at a conference and was overall pleased with my stay. I would stay again if in town for business, but not what I would use for a vacation stay. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Close to a fire station, fast food, CVS, and gas stations. If coming eastbound, the turn is just before the fire station.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $54.00

Beautiful park in the Woodlands. The sites are spacious and shady. Our 5th wheel is 45 feet long and it fit comfortably with two vehicles. The park offers a dog run, fishing ponds, free Wi-Fi/ Cable, 24/7 Bathroom and Laundry. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $54.00

Park was not easily marked. We missed the faded sign and had to turn around - not easy for a 38'5W. Road was a dead end and narrow with construction on one side. Park appeared to have lots of permanent guests. Located off Hwy 242. That road is divided and you could not make a left turn off Firehouse (where the park is located) so we had to find a place to do a u -turn so we could get back to I-45.

We were here for 1 night on our way to Galveston. Cable was not available unless you rented a box from the office for a deposit. WE did not find out about this until we asked another customer. We were not offered a box at registration, but were told we had cable. We actually had a pretty good site - it was on the end and we have view of one of their lakes. The site was not easy to get into and the roads were narrow and gravel. Site was gravel with a brick patio (grass growing between the bricks and not level so not really usable). The park was full so I guess we were lucky to get a spot so close to Houston. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Woodland Lakes RV Park

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $54.00

My husband and I have stayed twice. Once in Jan 2016 and then July 2016. The campgrounds are clean, and well kept. The clubhouse, which has the showers, is just beautiful. The clubhouse is also where you can connect to wifi, if you just have too. The campground is priced a little higher as others we have been too and for good reason, you don't have to shower with the bugs. The people working there are very friendly. The sites are a little small and because we knew this we asked for the spot that faced the second pond. We did have to do a lot of waving, when sitting out, to the other happy campers that were there. We did drive the park found no problems with the roads. I hope I have covered some of the negative reviews I read. Thanks for having us. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Make reservations in advance.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $50.00

This was a very nice park, but had zero WiFi. I couldn't connect and went to the office. The lady there was quite nice, but that didn't help my connection. She said I should call the provider. I had my Iphone, so I didn't call. I shouldn't have to do that for $50 a day. No refunds. Otherwise the park is quite nice with three ponds for fishing and nice level gravel sites. If WiFi is important, don't stay here. We will not stay here again. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $55.00

This was our second stay. Our first time the park was under different owners and managers, we only stayed a few days but we enjoyed the quiet with only a few neighbors in the back area. Loved the friendly helpful manager. 3 years ago the roads were in fair condition.

We were here for a month this stay, the monthly price excludes electric and has gone up along with the amount of people living full time in need-of-repair trailers, no free WiFi, no social gatherings, not much for kids except catch and release fishing and room to run. The roads are full of holes, filled up with gravel only after the rains have stopped for two days, per the management. Staff is friendly, sites are OK but we did sink and had to readjust several times in our second site. We moved from our first site in the front section because we had no room to park our car and the trimmed branches still blew against our roof. All sites are gravel and mostly level and hook-ups work fine. Maintenance is poor, next to our parking spot had huge ruts the entire month from the previous people and I asked several times for it to be repaired. We left with the muddy ruts still across the grass. The roads are dark and only a few lamp posts work. We didn't bother visiting the bath house located in a park model trailer or either of the small laundry rooms but I did see people using them. It's fine for an overnight or two because it is convenient to The Woodlands and the freeway. I would have thought, for the price increase, that it would have included free WiFi and working lamp posts but our hot spot worked well and the wood ducks and water foul by the ponds were peaceful to watch. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

17 and 60

Close to The Woodlands mall, all major grocery stores, Walmart, Costco, Sam's. Be sure you do not make a U turn at the firehouse! Go the the next signal and U turn. We got stopped and warned, there is a warning sign at the firehouse corner stop sign.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $50.00

We made reservations for November, but were in town in September and rode through this park. Not sure how it can be rated so high. I am convinced the park management reviewed it because:

1) our jeep barely fit down the one track muddy lane to the park, motor home would have had real difficulty

2) most sites were just a dirt and gravel and construction trucks that limited access

3) trash and filth everywhere

4) cancellation policy only revealed after paid ! No refunds ! We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

18 and 20 and 21

Very busy section of town so many eateries, etc... close

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $43.00

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful, providing a recommendation of an RV tech when we had a plumbing issue.

The park itself is a decent size but rather quiet, with two main areas of the campground separated by duck ponds. There is a walking path behind the ponds that leads into an interesting swampy area characteristic of this region of Texas.

All the main amenities worked great, though the Tengo internet or cable quality wasn't anything to write home about. During our plumbing issue, we used the club house's shower and restroom facilities, which are plentiful and very clean and nice. There's also a small workout room inside with the basics. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $36.00

Really nice park suffering through recent management changes. We stayed here last year and the park was immaculate, managers always circulating around and keeping things tidy and safe. New management very cool, rarely seen outside. Weeds in abundance which were just recently treated with Roundup rather than trimming. Ponds are filling with algae, which is always a problem in this area, but previous management seemed to make a great effort to minimize this. Did not feel as safe with many long-term oilfield campers driving too fast through the park and no observable oversight on general happenings like previous management. Too bad. Really lovely little sanctuary that we would hate too lose. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $35.00

This was our 2nd time at the campground. If you are going to stay in this gravel parking lot, be sure and ask for the front part. We were placed at the back of the park. Lot of people are permanent and don't take care of their stuff. There were dog droppings everywhere. The poop can was never emptied the 4 days we stayed there. Workers rode around the area and I even saw bags on the ground. Mosquitoes were in full bloom, and were everywhere. It is nothing more than a gravel lot with trees and some grass at each site. Behind us was some guys racing their motorcycle engine up and down the streets. I wouldn't leave anything outside of my RV unattended. We will not stay there again. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $35.00

Was not impressed with this campground. It appears about 80 Percent of it is long term residence and they keep there sites in a very unorganized state. It also makes it hard to walk around as there is so much traffic driving through the park at night when everyone is coming home from work. The sites were long but had a lot of weeds growing through the patio. 3 ponds for fishing were very weed invested. It is close to amenities with Walmart just down the road. Either coming from or going to park you will be required to make a U-Turn on the main road as there is no access to the park from across the intersection. I had to drive through a fast food place with my 45 foot RV to make the u-turn. The work campers are very friendly and helpful. Will most likely try and find somewhere else if ever back in the area. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $33.00

Easy access off I-45. Quiet, country setting though near shopping, restaurants, etc. Three fishing lakes. We enjoyed watching the waterfowl. Long, gravel, level, pull-thru site. Grassy areas good for walking my dogs. I couldn't get the Tengo WiFi to work from our site near the rear of the park. Still, I'd stay here again when in the area. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $23.00

We stayed at the park for one month during the Christmas and New Year holidays. There is nothing fancy about the park, but it was better than I expected. The majority of campers are long term, but everything was very orderly and quiet. Management was visible every day and always working to make improvements. The park provides a propane pickup and drop off service through out the day which was very nice during the colder month. Internet is available, but at a cost unless you access it at the club house for free. An earlier post indicated there was no shower house. In my visit the clubhouse had several bathrooms with showers. These were clean. The roads are paved with the sites being packed gravel and level. I would definitely stay here again. The rate reflects a month stay with four children and the cost of electricity. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $38.00

Nice quiet little park. The managers are very nice, and he stopped by daily to chat. He and a helper work every day to improve conditions in the park. Mostly long-term people here, but everyone takes care of their property, and it was a nice stay. We will return here. I rated it as an 8 because it was very muddy with dirt sites. Hopefully the grass will fill in with time. We camped at Woodland Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Woodland Lakes RV Park

Are you affiliated with Woodland Lakes RV Park ?