North Crest RV Park

Waco, Texas

1123 N Lacy Dr
Waco, Texas 76705

• Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "North Crest RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $45.00

We had a fantastic site which fit our 45' Cornerstone. It was a back in site but plenty of room to unhook the toad and all. Big rig friendly! Yes it is a little noisy from the interstate, however the ease of access to Magnolia Market Place is great! The owner is eccentric in his own way... I would call him a Texas Good Ol Boy! I see others felt he was inappropriate in comments. We did not experience this, and he made us feel comfortable and welcome. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

142 Baxter

Magnolia market place is a must see, and dine at the Magnolia Table. Price for food was reasonable for the quality and quantity served!

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $45.00

Things that can't be helped: horrendous road noise from I-35 125 yards behind our site. Horrible water pressure 35 psi at best. Things that NEVER EVER should have happened: After checking in and getting parked, I am told a crew will be coming to cut a channel in the concrete for drainage. Site should not have been rented. After being told there was cable TV, there wasn't because the cable was cut and not repaired. And the last straw was when I mentioned the low water pressure, the owner/operator/ manager literally blew up in my face to the point I thought it would get violent. Every inquiry about anything there was met with a lecture that eventually criticized me or my coach and how I knew nothing. I would never, ever stay here again if it was free for life! We shortened our stay and left early. Better bring a sewer "donut". No threaded connection. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $45.00

Nice, level, very large paved site with parking for toad. Very noisy - between 2 major highways. Though owner was very attentive, he was very inappropriate in comments to my wife. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $45.00

Called on day of arrival looking for spot. Manager said "nothing available". Ask if he could dry camp us somewhere. He said "come on in, I'll find you something". So we did, and he did, Checked his calendar again and realized a cancellation that worked for our 3 night request. Nice concrete pads. Good gravel roads, friendly manager. Lots of long term campers but not one down and out RV in the Park. Power good, water good. Our site, # 144, was good for Directv signal but some would be blocked by trees canopy. 15 to 20 minute ride into Downtown Waco and the Magnolia Complex. Would have given a 9 score but highway noise from I-35 is ever present. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near North Crest RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

Extremely loud freeway noise at all times. If that doesn't bother you, then the RV park is decent. Level cement pads; FHU-50; both pull-thru and back-in's; BBQ; nice picnic table; well-trimmed trees; very fast wifi; cable only via a box and direct connect to TV, requiring wires to go through the RV window; and a trash can at each site which owner empties. The sites are laid out so that the RV's are not looking directly into another rig. Internal roads are OK. No park amenities (no pool, maps, etc.). Check-in office is at back of park (unless enter from frontage road). We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Pull-thru

Very close to Chip & Joanna Gaines Magnolia silos, store, bakery, and restaurant. Free parking & free shuttle available around town. Also close to visitor center (which has cut-out of Gaines for pictures). Baylor University and stadium are near. All are within an exit or two from RV park.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $42.00

Was just passing through and was staying the night. Great sites, lots of room, very nice metal puck ok tables. Clean rest rooms. The owner was very nice and accommodating. We were late night arrivals. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

OK, here's the deal. If you are looking for a kid oriented park with swings, pool, a place to run etc. this is not it. If you are looking for a clean, well-kept, quiet park with level spaces covered by lots of shade trees with lots of room between the spaces, then this is for you. There are many long term RVs but it looked like many of them weren't even occupied when we were there early June. There's no junk around the RVs; every space was neat. I believe all, if not most, spaces have their own grill on a pedestal and a metal picnic table. Our space actually had a cover over the motorhome and we were on a flat, wide concrete pad. Looked like all spaces have concrete pads, and some were very large to accommodate the largest motorhomes. The owner is very friendly and very helpful. If you have a hard time with stairs then you'll have a difficult time with the office - it's on the 2nd story over the laundry (which looked totally functional and spotless). If you can't tell yet, we liked the park and would definitely stay again. Oh yes, it is right on the interstate for convenience, but we didn't mind the more than average noise (no train tracks, hot rodders, or loud trucks real close by). We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

There is plenty to do in Waco with Dr. Pepper museum, Mammoth site visit, Homestead Craft Village, Titanic exhibit at Baylor through end of year, Chip and Joanne magnolia stuff and cafe, a nice zoo located in a gigantic city park.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Park attendant was very nice to us. Upon arrival he met us and parked our trailer for us. That is the first time I have ever had that happen. He was helpful the entire time we were there. Will stay only at North Crest when in the Waco area. It has a very nice laundry also and filtered water machine available. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $42.00

We stayed at this park for one night. It was clean & quiet with plenty of space between sites. The owner is amazing and very hands on. He came into our RV & setup our cable and was so nice. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $50.00

In our 40 years of camping we have never been treated as shoddily as we were by the park owner. It was so very disheartening. Never again will we visit Waco even though we visited every year. We will continue on to San Antonio. We have a new Jayco Whitehawk travel trailer and were prepared to stay a week. That did not happen due to the short tempered illogical behavior of the owner. I will not go into the details but the highlights are never returning my call about reservations, irritated about our 3500 Dodge Ram diesel running on a 90 degree day yelling for us to cut the gd truck off (I was in the truck) and then realizing it wasn't our vehicle but one behind us, no apology either. That is the tip of the iceberg but I think that's enough for now. The one thought about the campground is the noise. I-35 is described as close by but it's right in your camp site almost. Too noisy! There is a road way in front of campground and in the rear of campground. Not cohesive to having some nice quiet time for relaxing. Park owner needs to take some courses in anger management. Sewer connections are in the back of the camper when they should be on the side to eliminate using extra sewer connections. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Dirt
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions
2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

This was just a one night stay for us on 3/24. Park was fine, location is fine, utilities worked fine. Owner is hard working and hands on but runs the park rather loose for me. I called him several days prior & made a reservation for a pull thru. When we arrived he led me to my back in?? I said but I had reserved a pull thru & he replied "yeh everyone wants a pull thru". He gave me a choice between the only two open sites and both were back in. I unhooked & we had a nice evening & hooked up again the next morning and left. I can only assume owner takes reservations but doesn't truly keep any records. I should feel fortunate I suppose the park could have been completely full. If I come through here again I'll likely choose another park. We camped in a 44' motorhome. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

This park is located right next to I35 on the west side of the Hiway, so easy getting into. My major complaint was the road noise was terrible. The park is laid out in a random pattern which gave ample room for each camper. Each site had a picnic table, and concrete patio and you parked on gravel. There were plenty of shade trees which made navigating the park extremely difficult. There were a sufficient amount of OTA channels although the campground is advertised as having cable, the little box we were given didn't work. WiFi was an acceptable speed. The owner was very nice and tried his best to make our stay pleasant. We paid $40. Definitely not a resort. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

Great park close to Waco attractions. The owner is the nicest, most helpful one we have ever come across. It seems the sites were built around the trees, so they are very well shaded but not laid out in any pattern. That isn't a problem because the owner met us and showed us how to get to our site. There are two private shower/restrooms which are new and very clean. The campground is near the highway so there is road noise, but it did not bother us inside the camper with the fan on. There is no dog park, but there are lots of grassy areas around the perimeter of the park to walk dogs. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Waco Mammoth National Monument is just down the road and definitely worth a visit. Cameron Park Zoo is very nice. Magnolia Market at the Silos was interesting and dog friendly. For food, Cafe Homestead is about 12 minutes away and worth the drive. On previous trips we have visited The Dr Pepper museum and The Texas Ranger Museum which are both great.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $42.00

Very nice RV park on north edge of Waco with very easy access from I-35. As others have said the owner is super friendly and goes out of his way to make sure you are happy with your stay. Upon our arrival he escorted us to our site and suggested where and how to park on the concrete pad to insure we would have a clear site line for the satellite. This was one of the longest and widest back-in site I've been in. It also had a newer concrete pad portion with a newer metal picnic table. The park is close to I-35 so there is road noise when outside but the noise was negligible when inside. We stayed at North Crest for 5 days and it will be my go-to park whenever we visit Waco!! We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Unknown

The Baylor campus is beautiful!! We visited the "Texas Collection" library to do genealogy research. The staff there was very friendly and helpful. Would also recommend the Texas Ranger museum located very near the campus.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $35.00

Rustic and Texan! One man operation. This campsite is why we RV. My second all-time favorite campground. Campsites were not in neat rows, but rather put where the trees let them. Really reminded me of an old fish camp in the Keys, back in the days before profits took over. No reservations were made. We called and he said come on! Sites were large and all concrete for the transients. The long term campers had gravel pads. Gravel roads. The bath rooms were my favorite. Wafer Board interior walls but very tidy, neat, clean, etc. hand towels for curtains. Large field beside campground for the dogs to run. About 8 miles north of Waco. Easy back and forth. WiFi was spotty, but he reported he had new equipment being installed which would make WiFi a non issue for anyone. We didn't get to experience it, though. We will stay here whenever we come back this way. We camped at North Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not numbered

Take the Waco Tours! We had seen most of the sights, but these folks were an attraction in and of themselves. The tour is about 2 1/2 Hours long and you see many of the Fixer Upper houses. The owner of the tour company has one of the houses they did on the tv show. Starts at the Silos and goes by The Harp Design shop, among other stops.

Featured Campgrounds Near North Crest RV Park

Are you affiliated with North Crest RV Park ?