Oak Creek RV Park

Weatherford, Texas

• yes-stream Waterfront

Jerry S

We stayed here one weeknight in mid-October. We had a level, cement, FHU, pull-through site. The cable TV had about 35 channels. The 802.11 network is Tengo that is accessed with a coupon. I am not a Tengo fan, but it usually works OK when it is on the coupon system. Our site was satellite friendly. I'd say that maybe half the sites are open for satellite. The park appeared to be about 80% full and most of those are extended stay customers. Some of those looked (wooden stairs and decks, tons of lawn ornaments, etc.) like they may have been permanent sites. It looks like there is an even split between pull-through and back-in sites. The main building has the office, an attractive meeting room with a large kitchen, a couple exercise machines, a reasonably priced ($1.25/machine) laundry with 7 machines, and 5 very large, individual, family size bathrooms. Although the pool is a bit small, the pool area next to the main building is also attractive and has a hot tub. At the far north end of the campground there is another modern bathhouse with more bathrooms and more laundry machines. I did not enter this building so I don't know the exact number of bathrooms or laundry machines. I don't know how the staff upset the previous reviewer but the facilities here are certainly well above average. I had no problems dealing with the staff. Typical of Texas RV parks, I saw no signs of recycling. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

PDL

Yes, this park has concrete pads and roads. Yes it does have some trees. Yes, it has a nice clubhouse. However, the staff is rude and not willing to help you. Due to drought conditions the grass is dry, however, the grass around poles, sewer connections etc was over a foot high in places. Grass burrs everywhere. As far as shade trees go, it seems that only the monthly sites are shaded. Believe me, all that nice concrete really gets hot in the hot Texas sun. The "creek" is dry, but smells like dead fish and fish poo. Not pleasant. I realize that being on I20 is a perk, but the highway (18 wheeler) traffic noise is terrible. The residents drive way too fast. I was almost run over a couple of times while out walking. Most likely will not stay here again. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Littledog

This is a very nice, clean park. The sites are all concrete and level. The office staff was very nice and they escort you to your space. They can't help the road noise or the fact that the drought has been so bad that their grass is getting in bad shape. The things they can do to make this a better park is have picnic tables at each site, have accessible trash containers and lower their sewer dumps (it is hard to dump uphill). We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Retired Medic

Without a doubt one of the best RV parks in the country!! Great staff who goes out of the way to help. Great roads, level pads. The cleanest laundry and rest rooms I we have ever seen! That includes most high end hotels!! Great room is unbelievable! We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

KeystoneTT

We stayed here 6 years ago when the park was very new. It was great then, and it is still a very nice park. The roads and sites are all paved. Roads easy to maneuver, and sites are all nice and big. I checked out the restrooms/showers in the main building at the front of the property, there are 6 huge bathrooms with showers; they looked very nice. We used the pool this time and enjoyed it tremendously. Ice machine at the front desk, $1 a bag. Power and water were good, cable TV was decent. Wi-Fi was slow to connect at first, but then worked pretty well. We enjoy this park very much, and will be back for sure. The road noise from I-20 is present at all times, but it didn't bother us at all, it is not "super loud". Park would get a 10 from me, but it doesn't look like the grass gets watered, and as a result, there are sticker plants everywhere. The grass itself wasn't unmowed, but the sticker plants were a foot tall in some places, they grow in a hurry. Not ideal for dogs. I guess that is the only thing I can think of that isn't "excellent" at this park. I imagine a lot of people are not aware that there are 3 nice hotel rooms in the upper level of the main building, as well as a pretty big banquet room. There was a family reunion going on, with most of the attendees staying in RVs, and a few of them that do not have RVs were staying in the hotel rooms. This setup would be great for families or other groups looking to have a get together. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

RedHorse1

Beautiful park. All concrete pads and drives. Each pad has generous room. Wi-Fi was slow. Traffic noise from I-20 always present but did not keep me awake. Grounds are very well maintained, nice spot to walk your dog(s). Most residents seem to be full-timers, all we're very well kept and tidy (not so with most parks). We plan to return. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

silverado

First class park. We are full timers and appreciate a well run park. Wide concrete slabs, lots of grass wide roads. About 60 miles from Fort Worth-Dallas. There was a rally there but still had lots of sites. Dog and kid friendly. Will stop again. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Firebee

Our third stay at Oak Creek. It is a beautiful park - all concrete - huge multi-purpose area. Exceptionally clean and top-notch place to stay. Close to Ft. Worth with lots to do in the area. Easy access off the interstate. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Florida Lady

This is our second time to stay at this campground. It is beautiful with long concrete drive thru sites. People in office very friendly and helpful. We did use the Tengo connection (received free coupons to use) for our Laptop, iPad, and two iPhones. No problem connecting and signal was strong. We would definitely stay here, again. Two years ago the park was full, but this time very few people here, and about the same time of the year, so maybe the severe weather predicted scared them away because it is a very good park. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Truck Camper.

Myrt and Gordy

This is a lovely park and I don’t know why it isn’t filled up unless it is just the wrong season. It sits right along the freeway on the frontage road and is easy to get to. The woman in the office was very friendly when we arrived and let us select our own site. All of the sites are large cement pull-throughs with a patio although there is no picnic table. We have more than enough space and we have grass (and green mowed weeds that look nice). There are some big trees and some of the sites have smaller young trees. I don’t think they would interfere with satellite service. The laundry is clean and the price very fair. There are 6 or 8 large clean tiled private showers with a toilet and sink in them. Wi-Fi is TengoInternet, which I never like. We did not try the cable. There is a beautiful common room with tables, exercise equipment, ping pong, pool and books and games. There is no dog run but there is plenty of area for a good dog walk. They even provide the doggie bags. Use exit 397. I rated an nine because of the freeway noise. Other than that I think it is great. The permanent rigs are all clean and neat. I would definitely return. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

leonabp

Call the park for exact exit as GPS directions are wrong...exit 396 . The park has all concrete driveways & long parking pads. Ask for a site without trees if you want sat. reception and away from freeway side-noise. Beautiful park, dry bed stream, very nice rec room, and pool and hot tub. Rally rate was Good SAM. Many full timers in campers and trailers We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

RV Lover

What a great park. Everything you know a park should be. Paved, easy entrance to all sites, swimming pool. Great owners. It was a delight to stay at such a great park. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

KJSLM

I LOVED this park! The staff were so friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great weekend. I enjoyed Oak Creek so much that I'm already planning my next trip! I would recommend this park to anyone. It's fantastic! We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Florida Lady

This is an excellent, beautiful campground. The long concrete slabs are level, and there is plenty of space between sites. Office staff very friendly. We plan to stay only at this campground when in this area. Much, much better than most campgrounds. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Truck Camper.

tomaslee

This is one of the nicest RV Parks I have ever seen. Everything is immaculate and they take great pride in keeping everything very clean and pretty, complete with pretty flowers and large trees on some sites. All the streets are paved and the utilities hookup boxes are made just for that purpose and look very neat. The main building is stunning and well kept with a swimming pool and hot tub included. The sites are not as long as they could be but they do provide adequate room. The landscaping is excellent, with a drainage canal that has been rock lined with small dams and looks very nice. Why did we not give it a 10? Because it is very close to very loud and very busy Interstate 20. If you are unfortunate enough to have a site near the activities building expect to hear loud highway traffic sounds 24 hours a day. If we had realized just how loud they were we would have insisted on a site further away, which would probably take care of most of the problem. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Cochise Terrace RV Resort

Benson, Arizona

OK RV Park

Holbrook, Arizona

Wahweap RV and Campground

Page, Arizona

Hooves N Wheels RV Park

Weatherford, Texas

Are you affiliated with Oak Creek RV Park?