8.8 Excellent

Weatherford, Texas

7652 I-20
Weatherford, Texas 76088

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Oak Creek RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $36.00

This park is probably an 8.5. I put 8, because I just could not give it a 9. The roads are all concrete, as well as the sites and the sites are nice and long and wide, and grass and trees and a lake and the roads curve around randomly, so you do not feel like you are in a typical row by row RV park. The things that knock this park down from being a 9+ is you are "Right" next to the roaring highway, and if you can get sites in the very back of the park ask for them, but they were all back in spots, and looked like they were all permanent residents. In fact, this park looked to be 75% or more permanent residents. They look nice, but then that leaves little room for short timers to be able to book a spot. Plus you are 11 miles from anything. So 11 miles to get to a grocery store etc. in Weatherford. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Went to Shep's Place for amazing burgers, on the way we saw a Larry Hagman statue at the Doss Heritage & Culture center. We found out that Mary Martin (Peter Pan) grew up here & there is a statue of her at the library. We learned that Larry Hagman of Dallas & I dream of Jeannie is Mary Martin's son. We went to the Fire Oak Grill which is in a 200 year old building & used to be a brothel way back when.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $36.00

Very large park with level, narrow concrete pads and streets. About 90% of the guests appear to be stayers. Many of the stayers have pets in fenced mini-yards. Overnight/short term guests appear to get the sites by the entrance to the park. The park is exceedingly clean and neat. From the appealing entrance and office to the pleasant greeting to the smiling escort to the level site, we were very pleased. There is just one problem and the owners of the park cannot do anything about it: The noise from I-20 is more than loud. I should upload an audio file as I would not have believed the noise if I only read about it. The park is on the interstate access road. So glad there was stable power as we had to sleep with the a/c running. No picnic table, grill, or fire pit. Pull thru and back-in sites that while somewhat close to one another had room for slides and awnings. Many tall trees add to the appeal of the park grounds. Laundry, showers, restrooms, playground, but we did not use them. Since we were up front, we did not have to navigate the tight turns if placed in the rear of the park with the stayers. A walk through the large and very neat park revealed the noise was as bad in the rear of the park as in the front. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $35.00

This is a lovely park. Lots of big trees and sites are nicely spaced. There are permanent folks there but their sites are so attractive that it's fun to walk around and look at them. They are intermingled throughout the park. The host is so friendly and helpful. They have other parks in Tulsa and somewhere in Arkansas. Hope to check out those as well. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Near Office
Concrete, Grass

They also have 3 hotel rooms. If you are visiting family you might want to check them out. They are very nice. They also have a huge meeting room for rallys and a very pretty pool.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $36.00

I spent 2 nights at this park. Due to the crowds at the park during my stay, I was placed in one of the "long-term" sites near the back of the park. While I appreciate their accommodating me, the route to my site was rather circuitous. However, the office staff took me in the golf cart to determine the best route. While long enough for my motorhome and tow car, my concrete site was very narrow and had quite a front-to-rear slope to it, which left me wondering why concrete would be poured this way. The road out upon my departure was also "tricky," as the site was at right angles to the narrow driveway with no radius, which made it necessary to drive on the grass to make my turn. The combination of a relatively narrow, curvy driveway with parked vehicles encroaching,didn't help. In all fairness, I'm sure if one of the sites in the front of the park had been available, I would have given this park a higher rating. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Featured Campgrounds Near Oak Creek RV Park

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

Beautiful park with lots of trees, outstanding community building to play games in. We stayed here for five days with our camping club and enjoyed the park. Close to Weatherford and lots of shopping. We will return. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

Well maintained park with friendly and helpful staff, plenty of amenities and quiet setting. Roads and sites are paved and level. Some of the turns are tight but doable. Even though there are plenty of permanent residents here, the park is very clean with none of the accumulation of clutter which is so typical of long-term parks. Since we wanted a pull-through we were put in the long-term area (although only there for a short time) and found it to be very pleasant. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $36.00

Let me set the stage for my low rating compared to most everyone else's. I was just using this park as an overnight stop, this place is not an overnighter's place. I'm sure there is value in the price I paid if one were to take advantage of the many amenities this place has to offer, but arriving late and leaving early gave no opportunity for that. This was way overpriced and "over-amenitied" for my purposes. Yes I could have moved on but it was late in the day and we had been driving in rain and I-20 traffic for 7 hours. We were done, I put my $36 down and got tucked in for the night. WiFi was Tengointernet (included in price of campsite), antennas everywhere and strong signal. Data transmission rates were capped at 2mps, mapping with the satellite view on was painfully slow. Streaming video (even just a minute or two) was a no-go. Verizon signal was strong for voice and data. Most sites had a good shot at the sky for satellites. This place is loaded with long-term residents, a school bus was letting out about twelve high school students as we arrived. First time we had ever seen that. Still, the place is sparkling although spacing is pretty tight, roads are narrow and turns excruciatingly tight for my 60' long truck/trailer. The campground is up against I-20 and the road noise is prevalent. The upside to this is it keeps me from hearing my very close neighbors. Power, water and sewer were solid. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $21.00

Have been staying for several months while working. Super nice staff, extremely helpful. Several sites kept open for overnighters, lots of long-term units, but very nicely kept up. Has spacious meeting/rec hall. The showers & restrooms are in one room and each one separate from the others. Kept very clean. Rate reflects monthly stay rate, and is + electricity. Would rate it a 10 except for some interstate traffic noise. Will stay again for sure. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

This park is about 8 miles west of Weatherford and very easy off/on access from I-20. Great catfish cafe about 5 miles west on banks of Brazos River, and about 35 miles to Mary's Cafe in Strawn. If you stay in the area, gotta make at least one pass at each of these eateries.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $36.00

This was a very nice place. The spots are concrete and level. Internet signal was great!! A good number of restrooms/showers. Very nice activity room with ping-pong, pool and exercise equipment. Outside was a pool and hot tub - didn't try them as it was too cold. Grounds very nicely kept. There were a good number of residents and their area was also looked good. This one definitely goes on the "will return to" list. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $35.00

We can't say enough good words about how well we treated leading up to our arrival. The staff were very accommodating. They were willing to let us arrive after closing and check out in the morning. As it happened, we arrived after dark with just a few minutes to spare before the office closed at 7PM. The entrance off of the feeder road was well lit, so we knew exactly where to turn to enter the campground. There was plenty of space to park while we checked in at the office. We were escorted to our site, and everything went very smooth. The site was a pull through type and fit our rig (47 ft overall) with lots of room to spare. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $39.00

This was by far the best RV park we had stayed in. We only stayed one night but they were so friendly and helpful. They stayed open until we got there and then helped us get into our site. The restrooms were absolutely spotless so was the showers. I would definitely stay at this park again. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

Beautiful campground, clean, very well managed....traffic noise was a problem for us...absolutely picture perfect otherwise. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

We stayed at this location on a trip east. This location is right off the I-20. Easy access in and out. A very nice RV park in a good location. I would recommend to anyone visiting this area. The only issue we had was when the office staff took us to our site they had us turn around right by the office and it was too tight of a turn and we had to drive through a open site right by the office, was happy to have to drive thru the grass. However the sites were very nice, very big. Park has a awesome pool. Some full timers on the premise; however, they did not have the cleanest of sites, really took away from the nice park. Would I recommend this place.. Yes, very nice, very good location, staff outstanding, sites great. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Very close to restaurants and shopping.. Walmart about 5 miles away, right off the highway.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $38.00

Went in for several nights so we could drive to the Ft. Worth museums daily - about 30 miles but all interstate. The site was concrete paved with a small extension for the patio. Mostly level. Had to sweep the patio as they don't do this in between campers. Wifi was better/faster than most. Our site had some shade which was really nice in the hot weather. There is a small off leash fenced area for dogs. Most permanent site folks (and there were a lot of them) were neat and didn't have lots of things piled ourside, but there were a few that had a huge amount of things to the point of being junky. C'mon folks. People were friendly. Dog walkers be careful because cars can come from either direction and as quiet as cars are these days, they will sneak up on you without giving notice. A couple were right beside of us before I knew it. Overall a good park. Did not use the pool, bath or laundry facilities which all looked nice and well maintained. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Good rails to trails path from Weatherford to Mineral Wells, and Ft. Worth has the Trinity trail which is very nice. Go to the museums in Ft. Worth.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

This a very nicely arranged park. The spaces are large and paved, it has a small swimming pool, a very nice meeting area, laundry facilities and friendly staff. It is also right on the interstate and incredibly noisy all day and all night. Way too noisy to even sit outside. We have dogs and the stickers were bad enough to keep the dogs out of the grass. The dog park got really nasty because of inconsiderate owners and lack of attention from maintenance. Mostly full timers and very expensive. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Oak Creek RV Park

Are you affiliated with Oak Creek RV Park ?