8.8 Excellent

Weatherford, Texas

7652 I-20
Weatherford, Texas 76088

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Oak Creek RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $36.00

I spent 2 nights at this park. Due to the crowds at the park during my stay, I was placed in one of the "long-term" sites near the back of the park. While I appreciate their accommodating me, the route to my site was rather circuitous. However, the office staff took me in the golf cart to determine the best route. While long enough for my motorhome and tow car, my concrete site was very narrow and had quite a front-to-rear slope to it, which left me wondering why concrete would be poured this way. The road out upon my departure was also "tricky," as the site was at right angles to the narrow driveway with no radius, which made it necessary to drive on the grass to make my turn. The combination of a relatively narrow, curvy driveway with parked vehicles encroaching,didn't help. In all fairness, I'm sure if one of the sites in the front of the park had been available, I would have given this park a higher rating. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

Beautiful park with lots of trees, outstanding community building to play games in. We stayed here for five days with our camping club and enjoyed the park. Close to Weatherford and lots of shopping. We will return. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

Well maintained park with friendly and helpful staff, plenty of amenities and quiet setting. Roads and sites are paved and level. Some of the turns are tight but doable. Even though there are plenty of permanent residents here, the park is very clean with none of the accumulation of clutter which is so typical of long-term parks. Since we wanted a pull-through we were put in the long-term area (although only there for a short time) and found it to be very pleasant. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $36.00

Let me set the stage for my low rating compared to most everyone else's. I was just using this park as an overnight stop, this place is not an overnighter's place. I'm sure there is value in the price I paid if one were to take advantage of the many amenities this place has to offer, but arriving late and leaving early gave no opportunity for that. This was way overpriced and "over-amenitied" for my purposes. Yes I could have moved on but it was late in the day and we had been driving in rain and I-20 traffic for 7 hours. We were done, I put my $36 down and got tucked in for the night. WiFi was Tengointernet (included in price of campsite), antennas everywhere and strong signal. Data transmission rates were capped at 2mps, mapping with the satellite view on was painfully slow. Streaming video (even just a minute or two) was a no-go. Verizon signal was strong for voice and data. Most sites had a good shot at the sky for satellites. This place is loaded with long-term residents, a school bus was letting out about twelve high school students as we arrived. First time we had ever seen that. Still, the place is sparkling although spacing is pretty tight, roads are narrow and turns excruciatingly tight for my 60' long truck/trailer. The campground is up against I-20 and the road noise is prevalent. The upside to this is it keeps me from hearing my very close neighbors. Power, water and sewer were solid. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Oak Creek RV Park

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $21.00

Have been staying for several months while working. Super nice staff, extremely helpful. Several sites kept open for overnighters, lots of long-term units, but very nicely kept up. Has spacious meeting/rec hall. The showers & restrooms are in one room and each one separate from the others. Kept very clean. Rate reflects monthly stay rate, and is + electricity. Would rate it a 10 except for some interstate traffic noise. Will stay again for sure. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

This park is about 8 miles west of Weatherford and very easy off/on access from I-20. Great catfish cafe about 5 miles west on banks of Brazos River, and about 35 miles to Mary's Cafe in Strawn. If you stay in the area, gotta make at least one pass at each of these eateries.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $36.00

This was a very nice place. The spots are concrete and level. Internet signal was great!! A good number of restrooms/showers. Very nice activity room with ping-pong, pool and exercise equipment. Outside was a pool and hot tub - didn't try them as it was too cold. Grounds very nicely kept. There were a good number of residents and their area was also looked good. This one definitely goes on the "will return to" list. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $35.00

We can't say enough good words about how well we treated leading up to our arrival. The staff were very accommodating. They were willing to let us arrive after closing and check out in the morning. As it happened, we arrived after dark with just a few minutes to spare before the office closed at 7PM. The entrance off of the feeder road was well lit, so we knew exactly where to turn to enter the campground. There was plenty of space to park while we checked in at the office. We were escorted to our site, and everything went very smooth. The site was a pull through type and fit our rig (47 ft overall) with lots of room to spare. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $39.00

This was by far the best RV park we had stayed in. We only stayed one night but they were so friendly and helpful. They stayed open until we got there and then helped us get into our site. The restrooms were absolutely spotless so was the showers. I would definitely stay at this park again. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

Beautiful campground, clean, very well managed....traffic noise was a problem for us...absolutely picture perfect otherwise. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

We stayed at this location on a trip east. This location is right off the I-20. Easy access in and out. A very nice RV park in a good location. I would recommend to anyone visiting this area. The only issue we had was when the office staff took us to our site they had us turn around right by the office and it was too tight of a turn and we had to drive through a open site right by the office, was happy to have to drive thru the grass. However the sites were very nice, very big. Park has a awesome pool. Some full timers on the premise; however, they did not have the cleanest of sites, really took away from the nice park. Would I recommend this place.. Yes, very nice, very good location, staff outstanding, sites great. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Very close to restaurants and shopping.. Walmart about 5 miles away, right off the highway.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $38.00

Went in for several nights so we could drive to the Ft. Worth museums daily - about 30 miles but all interstate. The site was concrete paved with a small extension for the patio. Mostly level. Had to sweep the patio as they don't do this in between campers. Wifi was better/faster than most. Our site had some shade which was really nice in the hot weather. There is a small off leash fenced area for dogs. Most permanent site folks (and there were a lot of them) were neat and didn't have lots of things piled ourside, but there were a few that had a huge amount of things to the point of being junky. C'mon folks. People were friendly. Dog walkers be careful because cars can come from either direction and as quiet as cars are these days, they will sneak up on you without giving notice. A couple were right beside of us before I knew it. Overall a good park. Did not use the pool, bath or laundry facilities which all looked nice and well maintained. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Good rails to trails path from Weatherford to Mineral Wells, and Ft. Worth has the Trinity trail which is very nice. Go to the museums in Ft. Worth.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

This a very nicely arranged park. The spaces are large and paved, it has a small swimming pool, a very nice meeting area, laundry facilities and friendly staff. It is also right on the interstate and incredibly noisy all day and all night. Way too noisy to even sit outside. We have dogs and the stickers were bad enough to keep the dogs out of the grass. The dog park got really nasty because of inconsiderate owners and lack of attention from maintenance. Mostly full timers and very expensive. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

This is our go to CG for Weatherford. This year the number of full-timers seems higher but all sites are tidy. We are closer to I-20 than previous visits and the noise is more noticeable but is ok. I'll ask for a pad a little deeper in the park in future visits. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Before the Interstate system travel across Texas was largely county seat to county seat. The Interstates bypass most of these and these little towns started to dry up (watch the movie "Cars" for a sense of that). Many have re-invented themselves and are a delight to visit. The county courthouse seems to be these towns centerpieces and many interesting shops and restaurants are to be found plus a little history.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $31.00

I would give this park a 10 except that it is in earshot of I-20. The drives and long pull through pads are all concrete and level. A few have trees for shade, but most do not. The pads are diagonal with flares at the end to help keep the tires on the pavement coming and going. The power post is illuminated making it easier to make the hookups if coming in after dark. The folks in the office are exceptional and eager to be of assistance. Voltage and water pressure are good and the cable works but has only 11 channels. The bath/shower facilities are among the best I've seen and the rec room that is open until 10PM is exceptional and has some exercise equipment, pool table, big screen TV, leather lounges and many tables and chairs and a full kitchen. I would definitely come back when in the area. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Oak Creek is about 1 hour from the center of Dallas/Fort Worth. The nearby city of Weatherford has the normal selection of shopping and chain restaurants along with many local that are very good.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $18.00

This park is "in the middle of nowhere" but we really enjoyed our stay. The park is huge with concrete roads and sites. They have lots of grass and doggie bags and waste baskets are placed strategically around the park. The pool and hot tub are very pretty and clean. There was a lot of room between our sites. The WI-FI was very spotty. We camped at Oak Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Weatherford is the closest town and it's about 20 minutes away.

Featured Campgrounds Near Oak Creek RV Park

Are you affiliated with Oak Creek RV Park ?