11720 Thousand Trl

• Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $10.00

Again I find myself at a TT campground where no HK supervisor seems to realize that the cleanliness of the laundry room is critical for customers to perceive the camp well. The facilities and staff were otherwise friendly and welcoming. We liked Lake Conroe and will likely return. Sites are well-developed and roomy. It is one of the best maintained TT camp we have been to. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

Fine place to be, but check out the laundry facilities before you bring your wash in. Washers needed to be cleaned.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $24.00

We were in the older part of their park. Several site needed gravel. Their roads need attention. A lot of potholes. The grass throughout the park needed mowed. Cable TV didn't work. We had to set up our dish for TV. They are spending a lot of money for a brand new section and another section where they sell the park homes and the lots. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

f30

The Resort has a lot of things to do, such as swimming in their pool, setting in their hot tub, fishing in Lake Conroe.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $1.00

This is a nice park but they do have a few unpleasant things. We now have a 24' camper and tow a new covered 6x10" Haulmark trailer. They would not allow the trailer on any sites except their side by side pull throughs (section F). Not sure why they allow trailers there and no where else. These sites were re-graded in 2017 and filled with construction debris and large pieces of asphalt and concrete up to the size of a grapefruit. Very disturbing to spend thousands of dollars on a TT membership and be excluded from 90% of the sites. We use the trailer to haul a motorcycle and all the things we can't fit in a 24' motorhome after having a larger 41' bus. They are also charging $5 per package to receive UPS or Fedex here! That is outrageous! Might be time to sell the TT membership. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

F8

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $1.00

I stayed here for two weeks including July 4th. The site I got I thought was good until I stepped out to see that the site was covered with very large gravel causing me to fall. They would not fix it. The campers around me did not follow the rules and it seems no one cared. It was loud and noisy with people driving across my lot and not cleaning up after their dogs . Pro: they put on a very nice fireworks display on the lake for the park. The laundry rooms were clean but hard to get to. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

G17

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $1.00

We attempted to park in the newer area. Many sites have an incline such that a motorhome and some trailers scrape bottom going into the site. Such was the case with ours. Beware. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $1.00

We are regular Lake Conroe visitors since 2012. VERY happy to see the new section. It is beautiful. Unfortunately, the site designs were NOT well done. Even though the new section is only weeks old, there is already damage on the edges of all the sites. The pull-thru sites here are not easy for a big rig to not drop off the beautiful concrete pads and approaches. Verizon coverage: 3 of 5. Bathrooms are brand new and clean. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

B28

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $3.00

I have stayed here a number of times and will continue to return when I am in town. The campground is large, spread out and very comfortable. I do not feel cramped, the sites are mostly level and well maintained. While the new WiFi system is pay-to-use, it is state of the art with approx. 3.0mbps speed. The bath houses are clean and well maintained, the basketball courts are clean as are the tennis courts. There is a mini-golf course. The swimming pool is one of the better ones I have seen at a RV campground. If you have a boat, the marina is perfect for launching it and spending time on the lake fishing. My only complaint is that the roads have a lot of pot holes. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

G

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $50.00

Communication sucks. Took days to get a return call. Check in was joke, go find your own space and then come back. We were with a rally, couldn't park together, couldn't get a meeting room and charged for using a picnic area. At check in they charged us too much, didn't credit deposit, now it is going to be great fun getting a refund. Spaces were not level. Pull throughs were back to back and really small. Newest area is pretty nice, but a long way from all activities. Come in on Monday, more sites are available. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

E76
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $3.00

Recently opened a new section of camp sites. Huge back-in concrete slabs and bath houses. Many improvements to amenities. Basketball courts, pickleball and tennis courts are all resurfaced. The activity center has a restaurant, adult game room, weight room and laundry. The weight room is really nice with up to date equipment. The information desk and sales office is moving to their new building opposite the activity center. They also broke ground next to the old building for another section of cottages for sale to permanent residence. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

F46

The city of Conroe is an easy 15 minutes away. They have everything you will ever need there. Houston is 50 minutes away, we went to an Astros day game. Watch the Hardy Toll Road - they do not have a cash toll both, EZ-Pass only. It may be worth getting because US45 gets pretty crowded during rush hour.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $7.00

Loved the resort... nice to see a Thousand Trails that is kept up (looks like what I expect they looked like back in the day). The sites were very narrow in our section (section F) however. Not liking the fact that they charge extra for a 50amp service and wouldn't let us stay in a 30amp spot. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

F53

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $3.00

Lake Conroe TT is one of the most " in the process of being improved" TT parks we've ever visited. We haven't seen much so this was new to us. BUT, the focus is not for their nomadic member's but rather to put on the dog to attract Annual Park model clientele. That's not the only "new to us". Park administrative behaviors we found are less then what one would expect from an RV park. This park will NOT receive any deliveries for their guest who's parcels or mail comes delivered by the United States Postal Services. They very rudely and without notice to me, returned the packages I'd ordered from Amazon and shipped from Amazon via USPS, to sender. The packages were received initially by the front desk or mail room but the returned. The Amazon website showed my packages delivered - "Your package was delivered. It was handed directly to a receptionist or someone at a front desk." Very poor customer service to say the least. The park is nicely located near I 45 and the town's of Willis and Conroe. As far as the site itself. We found it acceptable. We had a 50 amp full hook up site. Gravel and a little muddy around the edges but acceptable nonetheless. Our first day there we blew the breaker at the pedestal. It must have been an anomaly for we had no further issue in our 4 night stay. Our Verizon phone and data service worked but was not anything steller. 4.14 Mbps down and similar up was our experience on a couple of test ran. Streaming video would cause my VoIP phone to struggle some. My overall rating (1*) is directly related to our experience with the seemingly very non professional handling from a guest services stand point. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Loop E

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $38.00

I would not stay here again if it were free. We were in Loop F; the sites were all gravel, unlevel, back to back, not at all suited for a 40' class A. I could not level my coach due to the horrendous slope of the site. No 50 amp service was available, had to use adapter for 30 amp service. I had to run 3 sections of sewer hose due to the poorly planned layout. The amenities were fabulous, but the sites were some of the worst we've experienced in 12+ years of traveling. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Loop F
Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $23.00

The bathroom/showers were the best of any campground places that we have been to. One thing I have noticed about the park, is a lot of the members don't follow the park rules and there seems to be no enforcement of the rules. Other than that the park is a good place to stay for several days. They had a lot of sites without electricity, waiting for the electric company. There is a extra charge for the use of 50 AMP, $3.00, per day. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

F8
Asphalt, Gravel

The park is close to several places to shop, and there are 2 big RV Sales and Repair facilities at exit 94, and is on Lake Conroe.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $10.00

Wow! Very nice park, very clean, lots to do, staff very friendly. Really don't like staying anywhere else but thousand trails. Very well maintained. Hate to leave. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

G68

Walmart and lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $3.00

one of the nicest thousand trails parks we have stayed at. park was very clean. sites were very large and utilities have been upgraded. some of the interior roads are a bit rough. We camped at Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

G

Conroe Tx is a short drive from campground. Everything found in large city can be found there.

Are you affiliated with Lake Conroe RV & Camping Resort / Thousand Trails ?