Mountain Shadows RV Park

• Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Volley Ball Volley Ball yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $47.00

The park is clean and well maintained, and that's about the best I can think of to commend it. The sites are crammed together, and some of the turns a tricky. The site was not level. Just getting to the park off the interstate was a little dicey, even though it wasn't far. I was treated to the old bait and switch on my site. I had asked for a site advertised at $35 a night, but they charged me $47. When I asked why, the lady told me the $35 sites were all taken. The customer service was bad, as the lady checking me in was having an important conversation with her friend at the time, and I was greatly inconveniencing her with my checking in and questions and such. Lots of city traffic noise. Good internet, lots of o/a tv stations with good reception. I won't stay here again, mostly because I do not patronize businesses that engage in bait and switch tactics. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $32.00

Here's the deal. If you need to be in or near Salt Lake, this is a great park. BUT as others have mentioned, the sites are incredibly close to each other and one row in particular (the one we were assigned to, of course) is crazy tight. In fact, we scratched a parked truck while attempting to park our rig and also did some damage to the RV. While we were there, two other RV's hit something while trying to park. They should NOT put larger rigs down that row, and they didn't even warn us about it. The staff were friendly and understanding, but there is nothing they can do about it, because they are not allowed to make changes to the park (has to do with a grandfathering clause). Our site was so tight that when we put our slide out, and our neighbor did the same, there was about 12 inches between us. It's very well kept up, and quite lovely on every other row but the one we were on! Located near lots of stores, and there's a beautiful view of the mountains from there. If you have to stay in SLC, I would recommend this park. But, much better to seek out other places up in those incredible mountains. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $47.00

There are a fair amount of long term residents, but I didn't find any problems with that. Laundry room was nice, but can get busy with people tying up 3-4 machines at a time. The best part for me was the dog area. Beautiful grass (my dog is used to grass, not dirt) and very spacious. If they fenced it, it would be amazing! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

If you are here in early April to early May, the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point is a must do!! The gardens are spectacular. Go early to get a good parking spot.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $44.00

I had a fabulous experience with my stay over Thanksgiving, some of the park employees hosted a Lonely Hearts Thanksgiving dinner for those in the park that did not have any family around. I felt so welcome and enjoyed the hospitality the park offered, the staff and management has gone above and beyond to make my stay very nice. I recently lost my wife 9 months ago and this stay has been one of the most I have enjoyed throughout my travels. The owner should be proud! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $47.00

This park is WAY overpriced! When we checked in we were charged for 4 nights, after me telling them we were booked for 3 nights. I was tired and didn't notice until I got back to our rig. While getting them to credit the extra night, they were not friendly, trying to blame me for the mistake. We were so close to our neighbor (who was a permanent resident) that we couldn't put our awning out. The bathrooms were clean and in good working order...the only positive about this park. We used the pool twice. Once experiencing young kids left alone, running, doing cannonballs, spitting in the pool, hot tub and on the decking...all of which are against the listed rules. When I reported it to the office, she told me the mother was in the office 'watching' them. They were obviously an employee's kids that were allowed to run wild. We would not stay here again due to all of the above. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

This is a very hard park for me to rate. The site they had us in was terrible. So close to the rig next to us we were claustrophobic. This park has mostly back to back parking. Some sites in this park were much better than the one we had. I booked 5 months in advance, so we should have been given a good place to park.

This park is 61 years old. The people to the left of us had a huge mid size tow truck and a very large 5th wheel with deep slides on both sides. On our right was a very large 5th wheel. It had a patio extension room. And they had two large trucks and a jeep with them.

To say this park is tight quarters much understates the case. It is PACKED like sardines in a can.

I asked to be moved. The two sites I was offered were no better than the one we were in. The next morning the manager came to our rig and was very apologetic. She offered us a far better end site for free. We had already made a reservation somewhere with more room and went there. If it were not for this very nice persons efforts this rating would be a 1. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

This area has lots to do and see.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $39.00

This is not the best place for a quick stay. Not easily accessed from I-15. The park is very, very tight. Most of the sites are permanently occupied. The streets are packed with parked cars and trucks on both sides. We were barely able to get into our pull-thru on arrival, and were lucky someone across the street left so we had room to pull out when we left. Parking is door-to-door, so you are basically sharing the little space there is between campers. SLC is not blessed with an abundance of good RV park choices. Needed a place to stay, and this worked. Will try something else next time. WiFi was spotty. Verizon worked OK. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Use the TRAX train to visit downtown. Handy and cheap.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $36.00

No serious complaints however, the sites are a bit tight. We were cheek to cheek with our neighbor. The main driveway is paved and wide, the sites are at a 90% angle. Plenty long but a bit narrow. It is meant to be a pull thru but the road we would have to pull out onto was very narrow so we chose to back out and hook up our toad on the main driveway. We were on gravel. Full hookup worked fine and WiFi was good. I found the men's bathroom to be a bit dirty on one of the days we were there, the next day it seemed better. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 103

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $40.00

Close to Salt Lake City and Sandy, Utah. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

Management is Horrendous. Park is a sardine can.

Don't do it. Even if every other park in the area is full- Just Don't. We ended up here because no other local parks had availability for a 2 week stay. Many of the other reviews we read hinted to us that we shouldn't stay here- regardless- but we didn't listen. Dumb us.

Upon arrival, we first noted the sardine-can like setting of this place. It had trees though, so we were excited for that. We were met by an unfriendly lad behind the front desk. He was curt and unwelcoming. Once we located our spot, we noted aloud, 'wow, this one is going to be tight.' Thankfully, our new neighbor moved his truck, which was parked on his site in front of his 5th-wheel, so that we could painstakingly squeeze into our spot (yes, it was THAT tight). As we squeezed in, I felt the rear of my rig bottom out and drag along the pavement (scary). Stopped immediately and saw that there was literally No way to avoid this happening (oh hey to possibly destroying thousands of dollars in equipment).

Noticed that the park places people who are just staying for one night on the driveway into the park- that's crappy. Lot's of traffic, no way to get level. Speaking of getting level, we're still not level. Not really possible in the spot we were given.

In other news, the power went out mid-day 2 days into our stay (fine, it happens). After we realized it wasn't our air-conditioner units that were broken, we went over to the office to let them know our shore power was off. We were 'greeted' with a tirade of non-apologies (we know its not your personal fault lady). Later, the manager approached us & again-No Apologies- instead almost blaming us for causing her employee to have a bad day. Holy goodness, don't come here. Just Don't. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lot's of stuff to do in Salt Lake, but don't base your stay here to do it!

SGF

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $39.00

The sites are paved and level, but tight turns within the park. They use the buddy system with grass and picnic tables between the rigs. The wifi was good. You need to get a key at the office to use the pool. The park is clean and the staff is helpful. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $34.00

WiFi did not work, but we find that is the norm in the parks we stay in. Sites very close together, we had to duck down under our slide to get to our car. Very friendly and helpful staff. It was full every night we were there. Although it was next to I-15, it was not a problem. Close to all shopping and restaurants. South of the city, Salt Lake and Park City but the scenery on the ride was worth it. We would stay there in the future. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Park City, Great Salt lake, largest open pit mine in the world (copper). Aquarium, all kinds od shopping and food very close by. The Mormon buildings in down town are a site to see, the Tabernacle Choir can be seen on Thursday nights from 7:30 to 9:30 free of charge. It is worth every minute to hear them sing.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $34.00

We are on summer road trip. This park had easy access to I-15 and even though entrance to park runs parallel to interstate we were not bothered by the noise. Sites are a bit crowded but we were on an end site toward the back of the park and had no issues. There are several permanent resident sites. Very quiet for number of children in the park. Pool open but small. Laundry room excellent, reasonable and open 24/7. Easy access to TRAX - light rail system. Staff could not have been more friendly, courteous and informative. Not the Ritz of campgrounds but they allow you to wash your RV and small paver pad at site and grassy area - good shade tree. Wi-Fi needed to be updated -- early morning and late at night it functioned much better. Park was filled to capacity most of the week we were there. Would stay here again. Staff was super! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Grass, Pavers

Use TRAX Light rail system

Thai Land Restaurant excellent

Virg's - excellent family restaurant

Smith's grocery chain good

Salon 21 - in same shopping plaza as Smith's - great -- my husband & I both used this salon - Tasha great

Walgreen's & shopping galore close by

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $40.00

Reserved a pull-through for one night. I don't consider this park big rig friendly. Sites were close, and your patio area faced the person's patio area next to you. Ultimately had to disconnect the tow vehicle in the morning and back out of the pull-through site into the larger main street. I would have never made the turn with the vehicle attached into the smaller street in front of me. Also, the park is literally 100 ft from I-15. There can be lots of traffic noise if you are close to the park entrance area. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $30.00

Rate based on weekly rate of $213. A little hard to rate this park due to some very positive aspects, but sites are extremely close together. With our slideouts and our neighbor's slideouts, there was barely 3 feet between our rigs. Also, a high percentage of full-time residents. That said, park is remarkably quiet for all the kids and dogs in residence. We were never bothered by noise. Helpful, friendly office staff. Pool was not open yet, but there is a year round hot tub attached to the office. Weak wifi, there is a computer available in the office. Small camp store and lending library. Nice plus-1 block walk to Camping World. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Take the TRX train into Salt Lake. Station is about 2 miles from park, office staff can help w/ information. Plenty of shopping w/in short driving distance.

Park City RV Resort

Park City, Utah

Utah Lake State Park

Provo, Utah

Granite Flat (USFS)

American Fork, Utah

Are you affiliated with Mountain Shadows RV Park?