Mountain Shadows RV Park

• Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Volley Ball Volley Ball yes

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $45.00

When we arrived they didn't have our reservation but finally were able to give us a space and someone else that was coming in they were able to move as they had a smaller RV. Spaces are pretty tight as are the turns. People in office were nice but had no idea why we weren't on the books. 2 days later they called and asked if we were coming in as the noticed our space was vacant. When I said we had been in the park for 2 days already they realized they had written our name down wrong! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Be sure to call and confirm your reservations with this place.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

We stay at Mountain Shadows every year to see the G-Kids who live about 20 minutes away. That said, it is a tight RV park with lots of live-in workers who leave early and have lots of visitors on weekends. Parking is the tough issue for the tow vehicle or tag along. Some folks who live there have 2 cars plus a utility trailer. Be friendly. The management really keeps the park clean and everything we needed--FHU works. The access from I-15 is great. Also CW and food stores are nearby. Just don't expect a luxury RV resort. We call early -- usually 4-6 months before we arrive and stay anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks.

I recommend staying on the North side of the main road. We stayed on the South side this time--not again. Sites 180 and 181 are just crammed together. I had to back out of site 181 because of cars and trucks parked everywhere--they were in the parking spots! Site 181 has a large tree on the right and the wifi pole on the right at the other end of the site. My satellite antenna X2 works great on either the South or North side of the main road. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $48.00

This park is an older mobile home park in the rear with very crowded places for RVs in the front. Our RV was within 3 feet of the other RV. This is mostly long term rentals. Pool was crowded with kids. Hard to get in and out of space due to closeness. Won't stay here again especially for the price. We supposedly had a premium site.....no way! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

I would not recommend staying here due to close proximity of units and difficulty navigating.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $47.00

Stayed here 2 nights while visiting my sister. The swimming pool, dog run, grass areas, restrooms are quite clean and pleasant- all sites are very level with a nice picnic table and grass. This park is a mixture of RV park and mobile home park. The permanent residents 'homes" are a mixture of RV's with permanent features and run down mobiles - kind of sketchy. The park should designate additional "adults only" hours for the pool and it was always overrun with kids. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Camping World within walking distance and lots of shopping within one mile

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $35.00

Our site was on the main road, long pull through site, with mature trees. These are "Buddy sites" and the space/slide distance between our non-buddy's 5th wheel and our MH was about 2 ft. It was easy enough to get in and out of with our 45FT MH. Our section was not as noisy as the front/road side of the park. Trees blocked our satellite, OTA was ok TV channels. Used our own internet. At about 3:30-6:30pm every day we experienced a voltage drop (at our 50 amp site) to 105 Volts, causing our air conditioners to turn off) probably for the high demand of air conditioners, etc. We adjusted and used our Coleman camp stove! It was unusually hot here-high 90's. This park is a mixture-the permanent residents' homes include tiny and Modular homes and some TT, 5ers, MHs are in the park back and sides and all other RV's are towards the front. We left our kayaks and chairs out-didn't feel unsafe at all. The police did cruise through daily. If in this area again, we will consider other campgrounds but won't rule out staying here again for it's convenience and location. 5 days is probably the max though. Office staffer was a 'trainee'. She did very well explaining rules, etc. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby Corner Canyon for hiking and mountain biking, great views of the city day and night. UTA Trax station to Salt Lake City-Temple Square. Alpine Loop Scenic Byway, just to the south on 15. Bridal Veil Falls by Orem. Meals at Garage Grill and RPM Brewery, In and Out Burgers. Every box store and restaurant nearby including IKEA, Costco, Walmarts, Kohls, TJMaxx.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $43.00

One night here to meet friends in area. It's right on the side of a major freeway, so it's handy but noisy. Staff very friendly at check-in. Put us in a 50 amp only site, but cheerfully provided the step-down equipment for 30 amp. Place seems well managed. Feels like a lot of full timers, but not annoying. Big grassy on-leash dog area. Sparse large mature shade trees much appreciated. No issue with long pull thru site,....kind of an old asphalt parking lot with close quarters. For $48.50 (before GS discount), in this day and age, I really expect solid internet. This Monday morning at 7:30, I can connect up just fine, but pages load so SLOW, I have to get out my Verizon Mi-Fi. If you're going to keep the place at capacity with all these folks living here,......PLEASE FIX the internet service! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $39.00

We Recently Stayed here in our Motor home and we have been coming to this park for over 20 years and I must say each time we come I love the fact that we are treated like family. I have recently been reviewing many of the reviews and other posts listed by other travelers and I finally decided to post one of my own. I normally only every figured the ones posting or taking the time to post a negative review had nothing better to do than be negative themselves. So here is my review as a long time customer of Mountain Shadows RV Park. In the 20 years I have been coming to Salt Lake City this is by far the best camp ground you can come too, the customer service is amazing and the staff is ALWAYS ACCOMMODATING. This park is an older park and they do NOT have cable however with their internet who needs cable? The internet has gotten better and when they are at full which in the last 5 years in all the time, the wifi slows down. The manager always remembers my wife and I and does her very best to accommodate us. The facilities are 5 star clean, beautiful and well maintained. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $47.00

The park is clean and well maintained, and that's about the best I can think of to commend it. The sites are crammed together, and some of the turns a tricky. The site was not level. Just getting to the park off the interstate was a little dicey, even though it wasn't far. I was treated to the old bait and switch on my site. I had asked for a site advertised at $35 a night, but they charged me $47. When I asked why, the lady told me the $35 sites were all taken. The customer service was bad, as the lady checking me in was having an important conversation with her friend at the time, and I was greatly inconveniencing her with my checking in and questions and such. Lots of city traffic noise. Good internet, lots of o/a tv stations with good reception. I won't stay here again, mostly because I do not patronize businesses that engage in bait and switch tactics. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $32.00

Here's the deal. If you need to be in or near Salt Lake, this is a great park. BUT as others have mentioned, the sites are incredibly close to each other and one row in particular (the one we were assigned to, of course) is crazy tight. In fact, we scratched a parked truck while attempting to park our rig and also did some damage to the RV. While we were there, two other RV's hit something while trying to park. They should NOT put larger rigs down that row, and they didn't even warn us about it. The staff were friendly and understanding, but there is nothing they can do about it, because they are not allowed to make changes to the park (has to do with a grandfathering clause). Our site was so tight that when we put our slide out, and our neighbor did the same, there was about 12 inches between us. It's very well kept up, and quite lovely on every other row but the one we were on! Located near lots of stores, and there's a beautiful view of the mountains from there. If you have to stay in SLC, I would recommend this park. But, much better to seek out other places up in those incredible mountains. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $47.00

There are a fair amount of long term residents, but I didn't find any problems with that. Laundry room was nice, but can get busy with people tying up 3-4 machines at a time. The best part for me was the dog area. Beautiful grass (my dog is used to grass, not dirt) and very spacious. If they fenced it, it would be amazing! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

If you are here in early April to early May, the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point is a must do!! The gardens are spectacular. Go early to get a good parking spot.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $44.00

I had a fabulous experience with my stay over Thanksgiving, some of the park employees hosted a Lonely Hearts Thanksgiving dinner for those in the park that did not have any family around. I felt so welcome and enjoyed the hospitality the park offered, the staff and management has gone above and beyond to make my stay very nice. I recently lost my wife 9 months ago and this stay has been one of the most I have enjoyed throughout my travels. The owner should be proud! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $47.00

This park is WAY overpriced! When we checked in we were charged for 4 nights, after me telling them we were booked for 3 nights. I was tired and didn't notice until I got back to our rig. While getting them to credit the extra night, they were not friendly, trying to blame me for the mistake. We were so close to our neighbor (who was a permanent resident) that we couldn't put our awning out. The bathrooms were clean and in good working order...the only positive about this park. We used the pool twice. Once experiencing young kids left alone, running, doing cannonballs, spitting in the pool, hot tub and on the decking...all of which are against the listed rules. When I reported it to the office, she told me the mother was in the office 'watching' them. They were obviously an employee's kids that were allowed to run wild. We would not stay here again due to all of the above. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

This is a very hard park for me to rate. The site they had us in was terrible. So close to the rig next to us we were claustrophobic. This park has mostly back to back parking. Some sites in this park were much better than the one we had. I booked 5 months in advance, so we should have been given a good place to park.

This park is 61 years old. The people to the left of us had a huge mid size tow truck and a very large 5th wheel with deep slides on both sides. On our right was a very large 5th wheel. It had a patio extension room. And they had two large trucks and a jeep with them.

To say this park is tight quarters much understates the case. It is PACKED like sardines in a can.

I asked to be moved. The two sites I was offered were no better than the one we were in. The next morning the manager came to our rig and was very apologetic. She offered us a far better end site for free. We had already made a reservation somewhere with more room and went there. If it were not for this very nice persons efforts this rating would be a 1. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

This area has lots to do and see.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $39.00

This is not the best place for a quick stay. Not easily accessed from I-15. The park is very, very tight. Most of the sites are permanently occupied. The streets are packed with parked cars and trucks on both sides. We were barely able to get into our pull-thru on arrival, and were lucky someone across the street left so we had room to pull out when we left. Parking is door-to-door, so you are basically sharing the little space there is between campers. SLC is not blessed with an abundance of good RV park choices. Needed a place to stay, and this worked. Will try something else next time. WiFi was spotty. Verizon worked OK. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Use the TRAX train to visit downtown. Handy and cheap.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $36.00

No serious complaints however, the sites are a bit tight. We were cheek to cheek with our neighbor. The main driveway is paved and wide, the sites are at a 90% angle. Plenty long but a bit narrow. It is meant to be a pull thru but the road we would have to pull out onto was very narrow so we chose to back out and hook up our toad on the main driveway. We were on gravel. Full hookup worked fine and WiFi was good. I found the men's bathroom to be a bit dirty on one of the days we were there, the next day it seemed better. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 103

Utah Lake State Park

Provo, Utah

Granite Flat (USFS)

American Fork, Utah

Are you affiliated with Mountain Shadows RV Park ?