Mountain Shadows RV Park

Sunday: 8:00am - 8:00pm

Hours above shown for Mountain Time Zone

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Mountain Shadows RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $45.00

Spaces are tight. Some shade, gravel pull through and some sites with a bit of grass. Lots of permanent residents here, but no issues for the two nights we were here. Pool area was clean. Staff very friendly and people working to maintain park daily. Our unit is 30 amp service, site only had 50 amp service - staff will loan an adapter to you if this occurs. Of note, though, is that I-15 is going to add two additional lanes both North and South. The RV park will lose part of its front area. Don't know exactly when this will occur, but pretty sure it will be a big mess and access a pain. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $45.00

When we arrived they didn't have our reservation but finally were able to give us a space and someone else that was coming in they were able to move as they had a smaller RV. Spaces are pretty tight as are the turns. People in office were nice but had no idea why we weren't on the books. 2 days later they called and asked if we were coming in as the noticed our space was vacant. When I said we had been in the park for 2 days already they realized they had written our name down wrong! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Be sure to call and confirm your reservations with this place.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $35.00

Our site was on the main road, long pull through site, with mature trees. These are "Buddy sites" and the space/slide distance between our non-buddy's 5th wheel and our MH was about 2 ft. It was easy enough to get in and out of with our 45FT MH. Our section was not as noisy as the front/road side of the park. Trees blocked our satellite, OTA was ok TV channels. Used our own internet. At about 3:30-6:30pm every day we experienced a voltage drop (at our 50 amp site) to 105 Volts, causing our air conditioners to turn off) probably for the high demand of air conditioners, etc. We adjusted and used our Coleman camp stove! It was unusually hot here-high 90's. This park is a mixture-the permanent residents' homes include tiny and Modular homes and some TT, 5ers, MHs are in the park back and sides and all other RV's are towards the front. We left our kayaks and chairs out-didn't feel unsafe at all. The police did cruise through daily. If in this area again, we will consider other campgrounds but won't rule out staying here again for it's convenience and location. 5 days is probably the max though. Office staffer was a 'trainee'. She did very well explaining rules, etc. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby Corner Canyon for hiking and mountain biking, great views of the city day and night. UTA Trax station to Salt Lake City-Temple Square. Alpine Loop Scenic Byway, just to the south on 15. Bridal Veil Falls by Orem. Meals at Garage Grill and RPM Brewery, In and Out Burgers. Every box store and restaurant nearby including IKEA, Costco, Walmarts, Kohls, TJMaxx.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $39.00

We Recently Stayed here in our Motor home and we have been coming to this park for over 20 years and I must say each time we come I love the fact that we are treated like family. I have recently been reviewing many of the reviews and other posts listed by other travelers and I finally decided to post one of my own. I normally only every figured the ones posting or taking the time to post a negative review had nothing better to do than be negative themselves. So here is my review as a long time customer of Mountain Shadows RV Park. In the 20 years I have been coming to Salt Lake City this is by far the best camp ground you can come too, the customer service is amazing and the staff is ALWAYS ACCOMMODATING. This park is an older park and they do NOT have cable however with their internet who needs cable? The internet has gotten better and when they are at full which in the last 5 years in all the time, the wifi slows down. The manager always remembers my wife and I and does her very best to accommodate us. The facilities are 5 star clean, beautiful and well maintained. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Shadows RV Park

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $43.00

One night here to meet friends in area. It's right on the side of a major freeway, so it's handy but noisy. Staff very friendly at check-in. Put us in a 50 amp only site, but cheerfully provided the step-down equipment for 30 amp. Place seems well managed. Feels like a lot of full timers, but not annoying. Big grassy on-leash dog area. Sparse large mature shade trees much appreciated. No issue with long pull thru site,....kind of an old asphalt parking lot with close quarters. For $48.50 (before GS discount), in this day and age, I really expect solid internet. This Monday morning at 7:30, I can connect up just fine, but pages load so SLOW, I have to get out my Verizon Mi-Fi. If you're going to keep the place at capacity with all these folks living here,......PLEASE FIX the internet service! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $47.00

The park is clean and well maintained, and that's about the best I can think of to commend it. The sites are crammed together, and some of the turns a tricky. The site was not level. Just getting to the park off the interstate was a little dicey, even though it wasn't far. I was treated to the old bait and switch on my site. I had asked for a site advertised at $35 a night, but they charged me $47. When I asked why, the lady told me the $35 sites were all taken. The customer service was bad, as the lady checking me in was having an important conversation with her friend at the time, and I was greatly inconveniencing her with my checking in and questions and such. Lots of city traffic noise. Good internet, lots of o/a tv stations with good reception. I won't stay here again, mostly because I do not patronize businesses that engage in bait and switch tactics. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $47.00

There are a fair amount of long term residents, but I didn't find any problems with that. Laundry room was nice, but can get busy with people tying up 3-4 machines at a time. The best part for me was the dog area. Beautiful grass (my dog is used to grass, not dirt) and very spacious. If they fenced it, it would be amazing! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

If you are here in early April to early May, the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point is a must do!! The gardens are spectacular. Go early to get a good parking spot.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $44.00

I had a fabulous experience with my stay over Thanksgiving, some of the park employees hosted a Lonely Hearts Thanksgiving dinner for those in the park that did not have any family around. I felt so welcome and enjoyed the hospitality the park offered, the staff and management has gone above and beyond to make my stay very nice. I recently lost my wife 9 months ago and this stay has been one of the most I have enjoyed throughout my travels. The owner should be proud! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $47.00

This park is WAY overpriced! When we checked in we were charged for 4 nights, after me telling them we were booked for 3 nights. I was tired and didn't notice until I got back to our rig. While getting them to credit the extra night, they were not friendly, trying to blame me for the mistake. We were so close to our neighbor (who was a permanent resident) that we couldn't put our awning out. The bathrooms were clean and in good working order...the only positive about this park. We used the pool twice. Once experiencing young kids left alone, running, doing cannonballs, spitting in the pool, hot tub and on the decking...all of which are against the listed rules. When I reported it to the office, she told me the mother was in the office 'watching' them. They were obviously an employee's kids that were allowed to run wild. We would not stay here again due to all of the above. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

This is a very hard park for me to rate. The site they had us in was terrible. So close to the rig next to us we were claustrophobic. This park has mostly back to back parking. Some sites in this park were much better than the one we had. I booked 5 months in advance, so we should have been given a good place to park.

This park is 61 years old. The people to the left of us had a huge mid size tow truck and a very large 5th wheel with deep slides on both sides. On our right was a very large 5th wheel. It had a patio extension room. And they had two large trucks and a jeep with them.

To say this park is tight quarters much understates the case. It is PACKED like sardines in a can.

I asked to be moved. The two sites I was offered were no better than the one we were in. The next morning the manager came to our rig and was very apologetic. She offered us a far better end site for free. We had already made a reservation somewhere with more room and went there. If it were not for this very nice persons efforts this rating would be a 1. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

This area has lots to do and see.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $36.00

No serious complaints however, the sites are a bit tight. We were cheek to cheek with our neighbor. The main driveway is paved and wide, the sites are at a 90% angle. Plenty long but a bit narrow. It is meant to be a pull thru but the road we would have to pull out onto was very narrow so we chose to back out and hook up our toad on the main driveway. We were on gravel. Full hookup worked fine and WiFi was good. I found the men's bathroom to be a bit dirty on one of the days we were there, the next day it seemed better. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 103

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $39.00

The sites are paved and level, but tight turns within the park. They use the buddy system with grass and picnic tables between the rigs. The wifi was good. You need to get a key at the office to use the pool. The park is clean and the staff is helpful. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

Management is Horrendous. Park is a sardine can.

Don't do it. Even if every other park in the area is full- Just Don't. We ended up here because no other local parks had availability for a 2 week stay. Many of the other reviews we read hinted to us that we shouldn't stay here- regardless- but we didn't listen. Dumb us.

Upon arrival, we first noted the sardine-can like setting of this place. It had trees though, so we were excited for that. We were met by an unfriendly lad behind the front desk. He was curt and unwelcoming. Once we located our spot, we noted aloud, 'wow, this one is going to be tight.' Thankfully, our new neighbor moved his truck, which was parked on his site in front of his 5th-wheel, so that we could painstakingly squeeze into our spot (yes, it was THAT tight). As we squeezed in, I felt the rear of my rig bottom out and drag along the pavement (scary). Stopped immediately and saw that there was literally No way to avoid this happening (oh hey to possibly destroying thousands of dollars in equipment).

Noticed that the park places people who are just staying for one night on the driveway into the park- that's crappy. Lot's of traffic, no way to get level. Speaking of getting level, we're still not level. Not really possible in the spot we were given.

In other news, the power went out mid-day 2 days into our stay (fine, it happens). After we realized it wasn't our air-conditioner units that were broken, we went over to the office to let them know our shore power was off. We were 'greeted' with a tirade of non-apologies (we know its not your personal fault lady). Later, the manager approached us & again-No Apologies- instead almost blaming us for causing her employee to have a bad day. Holy goodness, don't come here. Just Don't. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lot's of stuff to do in Salt Lake, but don't base your stay here to do it!

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $34.00

WiFi did not work, but we find that is the norm in the parks we stay in. Sites very close together, we had to duck down under our slide to get to our car. Very friendly and helpful staff. It was full every night we were there. Although it was next to I-15, it was not a problem. Close to all shopping and restaurants. South of the city, Salt Lake and Park City but the scenery on the ride was worth it. We would stay there in the future. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Park City, Great Salt lake, largest open pit mine in the world (copper). Aquarium, all kinds od shopping and food very close by. The Mormon buildings in down town are a site to see, the Tabernacle Choir can be seen on Thursday nights from 7:30 to 9:30 free of charge. It is worth every minute to hear them sing.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $40.00

Reserved a pull-through for one night. I don't consider this park big rig friendly. Sites were close, and your patio area faced the person's patio area next to you. Ultimately had to disconnect the tow vehicle in the morning and back out of the pull-through site into the larger main street. I would have never made the turn with the vehicle attached into the smaller street in front of me. Also, the park is literally 100 ft from I-15. There can be lots of traffic noise if you are close to the park entrance area. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Shadows RV Park

Are you affiliated with Mountain Shadows RV Park ?