Mountain Shadows RV Park

Saturday: 8:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 8:00pm

Hours above shown for Mountain Time Zone

• Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Mountain Shadows RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $48.00

This park is an older mobile home park in the rear with very crowded places for RVs in the front. Our RV was within 3 feet of the other RV. This is mostly long term rentals. Pool was crowded with kids. Hard to get in and out of space due to closeness. Won't stay here again especially for the price. We supposedly had a premium site.....no way! We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

I would not recommend staying here due to close proximity of units and difficulty navigating.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $47.00

This park is WAY overpriced! When we checked in we were charged for 4 nights, after me telling them we were booked for 3 nights. I was tired and didn't notice until I got back to our rig. While getting them to credit the extra night, they were not friendly, trying to blame me for the mistake. We were so close to our neighbor (who was a permanent resident) that we couldn't put our awning out. The bathrooms were clean and in good working order...the only positive about this park. We used the pool twice. Once experiencing young kids left alone, running, doing cannonballs, spitting in the pool, hot tub and on the decking...all of which are against the listed rules. When I reported it to the office, she told me the mother was in the office 'watching' them. They were obviously an employee's kids that were allowed to run wild. We would not stay here again due to all of the above. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

This is a very hard park for me to rate. The site they had us in was terrible. So close to the rig next to us we were claustrophobic. This park has mostly back to back parking. Some sites in this park were much better than the one we had. I booked 5 months in advance, so we should have been given a good place to park.

This park is 61 years old. The people to the left of us had a huge mid size tow truck and a very large 5th wheel with deep slides on both sides. On our right was a very large 5th wheel. It had a patio extension room. And they had two large trucks and a jeep with them.

To say this park is tight quarters much understates the case. It is PACKED like sardines in a can.

I asked to be moved. The two sites I was offered were no better than the one we were in. The next morning the manager came to our rig and was very apologetic. She offered us a far better end site for free. We had already made a reservation somewhere with more room and went there. If it were not for this very nice persons efforts this rating would be a 1. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

This area has lots to do and see.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $39.00

This is not the best place for a quick stay. Not easily accessed from I-15. The park is very, very tight. Most of the sites are permanently occupied. The streets are packed with parked cars and trucks on both sides. We were barely able to get into our pull-thru on arrival, and were lucky someone across the street left so we had room to pull out when we left. Parking is door-to-door, so you are basically sharing the little space there is between campers. SLC is not blessed with an abundance of good RV park choices. Needed a place to stay, and this worked. Will try something else next time. WiFi was spotty. Verizon worked OK. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Use the TRAX train to visit downtown. Handy and cheap.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Shadows RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $40.00

Reserved a pull-through for one night. I don't consider this park big rig friendly. Sites were close, and your patio area faced the person's patio area next to you. Ultimately had to disconnect the tow vehicle in the morning and back out of the pull-through site into the larger main street. I would have never made the turn with the vehicle attached into the smaller street in front of me. Also, the park is literally 100 ft from I-15. There can be lots of traffic noise if you are close to the park entrance area. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: December, 2012 - $44.00

I was very disappointed in several aspects of this park. In two months of cross-country travels, this was the most expensive RV park we have stayed in and for the least enjoyment. Yes, everyone who reviewed it as 'crowded, tight spaced' is correct, but that part was not a major issue for our small truck camper, and we only needed a one-night stop. The noise level did bother my husband's sleep, but not mine (I'm a heavier sleeper). The showers are great and water pressure at the site is okay, but the electric power was very weak (almost into the lower red portion of our meter). My biggest disappointment was the pricing. The website advertises a Good Sam price of $35.10 for a water/electric hookup, but when I registered I was told the dump was closed and we had to take a full hookup ('apparently' all winter sites are FHU). This sounds like a bogus story to me. Campgrounds in the SLC area are very expensive, because there aren't many, sothey have you at a disadvantage! If you look back at past reviews, the prices are all over the place with no consistency. We will go out of our way to avoid this part of Utah in the future. I hate being taken advantage of. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $40.00

We checked in to this park to find very friendly office workers. They sent us to our site, and we could not believe our eyes. Besides the RV's being packed in like sardines, and many extra vehicles per site, our tiny site had a crew of workers cutting back a tree. There were branches and equipment everywhere. There was nowhere to wait, so we got a refund and left. If you come here with a small rig, maybe you could fit. We have a 35' MH towing and were not even sure we could fit into the site, and if we could, we weren't sure we could get out. We were happy not to stay here. It is a fire hazard if nothing else. We will never come back to this park. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $35.00

This was an overnight stop over for us. Our first concern was how tight the spaces are. On the positive side, they are set-up back to back so you are not dining outside next to your neighbors sewer hook--up. But We were worried that we would have to unhook the tow vehicle just to leave the site, but fortunately for us, our back neighbor left before us giving us the space to make to our turn with the tow vehicle to exit. Each site provides a gravel driveway for the RV and a lawn and picnic table, although our neighbor in the front seemed to have claimed both of them. There seemed to be many long term residents and it seems as though they tried to get as many unit's in as little space as possible. The park is located on the frontage road to the i-15 and we found the traffic noise to be unbearable. The dog was too frightened by traffic noise to use the dog area. We would look for an alternative if going through there again. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $40.00

Awful park. Cramped spaces with permanent residents who have recliners outside, trash outside,and junk stacked everywhere. Wi-fi "comes and goes" per office staff. Only positive thing I can say is roads are paved with level sites. Parking was atrocious. Would rather dry camp in a parking lot. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $36.00

This has to be the most I have paid for a site this bad. The sites are so tight you can barely walk between units when the slides are out. All transient sites are side by side hookups and that leaves you awning to awning on the other side and there is no way you have room to put out your awning. Heavily wooded so satellite service is unlikely, though I was able to finally get it in my "satellite friendly" site by using a tripod. I thought I would never get my 40 foot unit in the site with all of the vehicles parked along the street and the site at 90° to the street. Rate reflects Good Sam discount. I would never camp here again in a big rig. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $40.00

Like others have said, this is an older park with the sites are very fairly close together. I had a space with a asphalt pad that I had to be careful not to fall off of. Some units with facing slides were almost touching each other. Way too many trees that need serious trimming. Our satellite dish couldn’t get a signal. The Wi-Fi was slow but even though I had a very good signal. Many long term residents with messy spaces. Unless you have a small RV I would look elsewhere. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $36.00

Wake up Trailer Life / Good Sams... you gave this place a 9.5 and 10 rating??? Ok, it was clean, but it was definitely the tightest RV park I have ever stayed at. And I thought KOA's were tight. The pull through sites are "Buddy sites" meaning that you pull in the opposite way you neighbor does, so your entry door meets theirs. Picnic table are end to end so if your neighbor is at his, you will be bumping elbows. There was not enough room to put out awnings, or they would touch the neighbors unit 4 feet away. A lot of the park is full time working folks. More like trailer park living. The highway borders the front of the property so the highway noise is LOUD. I would call it an ok place to pull off the highway and sleep the night, but not if you are there to camp out a few days. The reason they are totally booked up all the time is because of the full time residents. Camping World and a large RV dealer is next door so that's a plus. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $35.00

Lots of long term residents. Very CLOSE to I-15 and LOTS of noise. The sites are very narrow and we were not able to get into the first site assigned to us. But the friendly staff was able to move us to a different site We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2008 - $35.00

Very narrow spaces. We were bothered at 8:10 AM by the sound of a gas powered leaf blower being operated outside of our door. When I called the office a very polite young lady said I'm sorry but they start work at 8 AM. The Wifi is a joke, we are parked less than 100 feet from one of the WiFi antennas but most of the time I can not connect. When I can connect the connection speed is very slow or I get disconnected. I am using an HP DV9700 series laptop with built-in WiFi. It works flawlessly on my network at home and other locations. Many of the people staying in the RV section of the park live here and work in the area. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $33.00

After a long day on the road we pulled into our assigned space only to have the coach next to us using our 50 AMP circuit. When notified, the management did nothing. At 7:30 PM to 9 PM the same coach had their RV pressure washed. When checking with the office, we were informed that pressure washing was allowed. It did not make for a good ending to a long day of travel. We camped at Mountain Shadows RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Shadows RV Park

Are you affiliated with Mountain Shadows RV Park ?