Bryce Zion Campground

Glendale, Utah

Recent Rate: $28 9/2014

FranM

Quiet park in rural setting with mountain views, just off Hwy. 89. Good location to visit Zion and Bryce Nat. Parks. Gravel roads & fairly level gravel sites. This park could use some TLC - at some sites the water and/or electric was not in working condition. This meant we had no next-door neighbor, which was OK with us. Plenty of room to walk my dogs, with grass and shade trees. Working WiFi, and some pretty, friendly horses. We would stay here again. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Fastfwd

The clerks kept talking to each other and asking me to repeat during my phone reservation and they never once mentioned that this was no longer a KOA site when I gave them my KOA card number. It is still shown as KOA in the Allstays iPhone app. First site I had to pull in going forward to get the utilities on the right side but then my truck was facing a hill and so steep that I could not unhook the hitch. Going backwards I could not have reached the sewer. They moved me to a second site without sewer and reimbursed the difference. Not ideal but at least this one I can unhook the truck and visit the parks. Wi-Fi is weak but no worse than most campgrounds. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Travel Trailer.

sundance33

We stayed here so we could visit both Bryce and Zion. If you don't stay in the National Parks then this is a great option. It has a beautiful view with a mini Bryce National Park view at your back door. A stream on one side and horses in the pasture. The sites aren't the most level but there are trees and we had a 34 foot 5th wheel and had a nice pull-through site. The sites are a bit close together. No cable here. We will def stay here again because of location and the park-like setting vs. a lot of the other places with no atmosphere We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

arpijay

Our gravel pull-thru site was moderately unlevel, mostly front-to-back but was wide enough for all our slides and long enough for our 40 foot and toad. The grass between sites had not been mowed for a while which hid the fact that ground is very rough, uneven, and difficult to walk on. I spent some time trying to find the sewer connection which turned out to be an uncapped hole covered with grass. There were trees between sites but fortunately none blocked our satellite TV since there is no cable TV. No 3G/4G but basic cell phone coverage was okay. WiFi was reasonably fast and the owners were responsive about fixing it when it was down. Maintenance has been neglected and frankly the campground is run down and tired. We chose this park because it is about halfway between Bryce Canyon and Zion National parks and for this purpose it was convenient for us. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Motorhome.

campinfeever

The owner was very friendly when we checked in, almost divulging to much information than I care to know, but I took that as a very friendly welcome. Bathrooms seemed a bit dated, but they were spotless. The pool was covered; however, when I inquired, they opened it that instance. She said that she was keeping it covered because of the rain and lightning that was occurring regularly. The pie at their patio dining area was fantastic. My children adored the horses, they even brought one out so that they could pet it. The dog run was nothing special, but with the open space around the campground our dogs had miles to run to their hearts content. Overall a great place, we will be back. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Heidemarie

Rate based on 15% discount they currently offer. The reason I found this campground was, that I was looking for the convenience to drive to Bryce, Zion, and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We booked for three days, four nights. The owner complained to me that ever since she dropped KOA, KOA and the neighbors that live in town are making her look bad and they discourage people from coming to her campground. Well, I have to say that the owners are causing their own misery. The campground is not maintained, the sites are uneven, the store is NOT stocked, despite what the Website and the brochure states, the fire pits are dirty, never been clean: cigarette butts, plastic and other garbage in it. I wouldn’t light a fire there. There is this ‘so called café, but seriously: I would not dine there. There are no customers/campers here. How fresh can the stuff be? The swimming pool has a cover on it. You can’t go in. The dog run is a joke (4’ wide) and the hotspot in the office and laundry room is a joke as well. And did I mention that there is no TV? My Verizon did not work in this area. There is horse manure on the campsites: not good. I do have to mention that the campground, if taken care of it properly, has a lot of potentials. It has a gorgeous view and would, with the right care and maintenance be a great spot to spend a few days or more. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Motorhome.

Dave Forster

Nice park in a pretty setting. Good central location for access to Bryce and Zion parks. Sites are fairly close to each other - our slideout was within 3' of the neighbor's picnic table, but this is not uncommon for the independent parks we have stayed in. As of April, this location is no longer a KOA. Owners allowed us to wash our fifth wheel on site. Plan your groceries and fuel, as there are no large towns nearby. We found cheaper diesel and somewhat expensive groceries at the entrance to Bryce Canyon on our way in and out each day. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

cursian

This is a nice quiet park, with a beautiful location. They have a small grocery store that seems a little expensive but that is understandable because there isn't really anything else around. Even the stores at the small town up ahead and junction leading to zions park seemed pricy. The managers are very friendly. I was able to log into the only network I found and get internet but I think it was their personal network or it could have been a customer’s network. I didn't spend much time in this park it was a little too cold for me. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Singingdove92

This place was very quiet. We came in pretty late and they had left the key in the cabin for us. They've been doing some updating adding little cement pads in front of the cabins that have a picnic table and a brand new metal fire pit (they kind that people buy for their back patios). In the morning we got quite a beautiful surprise, back behind the campground is some beautiful red rock. They had recently had some spring flooding so some of the sites were messed up but they were working on it. This is a campground that we would stay in again! We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Campground Cabin.

J&L Coleman

The view from our front window was beautiful and that's where the positive compliments would end. We were in an unlevel spot, open sewers on our spot and the one next to us so the flies were miserable, un-mowed grass, the picnic table was right over the sewer so never were able to sit outside and the spots were so close to one another that who would want to when one occupied the site next to ours. Office staff friendly enough, overpriced small "grocery" store in park office. But $35 a night for this park was entirely too much for a 20-year old park that looked like one and is in desperate need of upgrades, leveling, sewer repair to name a few. A shame because the location is great, but would not recommend this to others, nor would we stay here again. For $35/night, lots of improvements need to be made in this park. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Motorhome.

Lifelong camper

I would not stay here again if there was an ark in the front yard and it was raining. WiFi is advertised but does not work. Office knows this from a year of it being reported. Said there is nothing that can be done. Sites are small. A lot are not level. Smelled like old dead horse since there are stalls in the campground. High priced. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Motorhome.

firedguy

The park calls itself Bryce KOA. The wi-fi did not reach the campsites. We had to take our laptop to the laundry room to use the internet. The laundry room was clean. The park allows fire pits and they are too close to the neighbors space. We got a lot of smoke in our trailer from the neighbor. The setting for the park is really nice. Horses right next to the park are friendly and looking for you in the morning for a head rub. There is a small stream with trout. Lots of grass and shade. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

trailertraveler

The full hookup sites leave quite a bit to be desired. They are relatively close together and are located on a terrace on a hillside. Several are short pull ins only suitable for smaller motorhomes and pickup campers. Our bottom step was over 18" off the ground. The Wi-Fi only worked well near the office/shower building even though there was an outside antennae. The Direct TV 101 satellite is behind the canyon wall requiring the dish to be at least 4.5' off the ground. I doubt the lower loops could get it except with a roof mounted dish. Our Verizon internet connection only worked between 6PM and 8AM and the cellphone only worked sporadically. The lower loop sites which were water and electric only appeared to be the nicer sites. More space, more shade and flatter. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Travel Trailer.

goldenk9s

We liked this campground a lot. It was close to the road but not so much that the noise kept us up. Loved the horses in the pasture that came right up to the fence. The little boy next door was a bit annoying but that was not the camp's fault. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Motorhome.

mtnestrz

Good location between Bryce Canyon and Zion. Office run by teens who seemed more interested in each other than customers. Had to change sites 3 times to have water, sewer, and electric that all functioned. Would not get in the pool. We have a 40 foot motorhome and could barely make the turn. Do not see how this could be accomplished in a longer rig. Would possibly stay here again but would be very specific about the type and location of site that I wanted. We camped at Bryce Zion Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Bryce Zion Campground?