WillowWind RV Park

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

I agree this is a very nice park. Pull through sites were concrete and level. There are good paved roads throughout the park. However there are two entrances so there is little security. The office, laundry room and common building are good looking log construction. The park is heavily booked. Large trees provide shade and protection from the wind which was strong the whole five days of our stay. This park is my first choice in Hurricane for a Spring or Summer stay due to the protection the trees provide. The $40 a night price is a value in the area considering 2-star motels rent for $200 a night this time of year. The list of rules is long but they are all reasonable. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Besides the nearby national parks, the Hurricane Pioneer Museum is worthwhile. Some events for the Senior Games are held at the nearby Washington Regional Park.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $15.00

Note: the rate shown is the daily portion of the monthly rate of $455 (+metered electric) This is a beautiful, immaculate park in Hurricane, UT, which is convenient to both Zion NP and St. George. You can literally walk to the grocery store, pharmacy, post office, and nearby restaurants from here. Utilities work well, and satellite-friendly sites are available. WiFi is extremely good here. Highly recommend! We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $39.00

Price reflects weekly rate. Our third stay here. Very clean and well-run Park in the pleasant town of Hurricane. Check in was pleasant. Paved and curbed roads lead to concrete shaded sites. Beware the large gutter / dip just past check in! The park also has curious arrow-shaped speed-bumps. Strong and fast (8 Mbps down / 5 Mbps up) WiFi. Good digital Cable TV. Water pressure seemed lower than average. Showers and restrooms spotless. Laundry worked well. Pleasant outdoor gas fire ring outside central camp building a plus. Park is extremely quiet, with most folks visiting the Zion area for extended periods. Grounds are spotless and well maintained, grass is mowed and edged, there is not a speck of trash anywhere. Small dog park behind office is convenient, there is a larger walk area at the rear as well. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Try the delightful Main Street Cafe (about 1.0 mile East) for a locally sourced meal. We are there several times and EVERYTHING we had was delicious.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

This is a very nice park with grassy areas at most sites except for some of the newer ones in the back. I would have given it a 10, but I don't understand their policy of not accepting mail or packages sent to the park. They did accommodate me because I practically begged them, since we were getting passports, and a check, but I have never had a problem getting things delivered in all the years I have been traveling. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Motorhome.

JB Diner is a reasonably priced place to eat. Lin's grocery store is right across the street. Go to Kolob Canyon if you have time. No lines, Taylor Creek Trail is awesome there. If you have a national pass, stay in the right lane at the entry gate to buzz thru, once you get to that point. Another fun hike was Kananaras Falls. You have to cross a very cold actively running stream, so be prepared!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $45.00

Clean facility, wide roads, good power and water. Asked for a satellite friendly site, & was told ours was. Got to the site and had to trim the tree. Close to Zion park. Paved roads and site pads. Our truck was half on our site and half in the road. For 40 rigs or longer, parking is a challenge. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $39.00

One of the nicest RV parks I have stayed at. Bathrooms are really nice and the sites are really wide. WiFi worked well. It would be a ten except that the sites do not have a picnic table ,my site was next to the road which can get noisy and cancellation policy is a bit severe. It has one of the nicest rec room I have seen. A lot of long term residents, but all sites are clean and everybody friendly. We would definitely stay there again. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $48.00

This is a nice park. Lots of shade trees, so if you want satellite make sure you reserve a site that has a view of the southern sky. They know which ones they are and they are noted on there map. They have cable but you have to put $150.00 deposit on a box to get it. We had a satellite site. What was a disappointment was the management. When we made the reservation a week earlier they didn't tell that our site was next to some construction they were doing in the park, so for the full week we were subjected to noise and dust. Also the first night we were there a water main broke next to our site and flooded our night. First we couldn't find any management or security to report the problem, finally dialed 911 and they sent the city out and they finally found someone. We were up until 5am with people trying to fix the water leak. Not one word of sorry about keeping us up all night. Later in the week they turned the water off for the whole park and didn't notify anyone. I know things happen but the management basically gave the impression of oh well too bad. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $36.00

At checkin I was put off - first thing I was handed was 4 pages of rules and was told they wanted to make sure I behaved. First day WiFi wouldn't work. I was pretty much believing I was going to not go for the park - I was totally wrong. The place is spotless, how many parks have a street sweeper. Trees galore and the sites are concrete and very wide and level. Gas fire pits in 3 locations and the club house is the best I've seen. WiFi was fixed the second day and worked well. This is one nice place and we will be staying again. Except for the 4 pages of rules I would give this park a 10. Just goes to show one can be totally wrong about first impressions. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $32.00

This is a nice park. It may be the best in the area, but there were a couple of issues.

We don't have dogs, so the constant dog barking was annoying here. It seems everyone, except us, has at least two dogs and while walking them around the campground all of the other dogs have to greet them by barking.

The park is shady and we had a grassy area next to our trailer, but no picnic table. I saw a table or two here and there, so I called the office to ask if there was one available we could borrow, but there was not, so we ate inside.

As you enter there is a huge dip in the road and I mean huge. Be careful. The speed limit is 11, but it's not possible to go that fast through the park, which may be a good thing as long as you have everything fastened down.

There is a 30 day no refund policy. That's is a bit strict. I don't ever recall staying in another park anywhere that was quite that strict.

I would recommend the park, but watch the dip, bring ear plugs if dog barking bothers you and bring a table if you want to eat outside. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

As others have stated this park is very convenient to grocery store and drug store. The liquor store is about 8 miles away.

JAW

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $13.00

Very nice park for our month long stay to explore the area. Per day price based on $395 monthly fee. We also paid about $66 for electricity used. We rate this as one of the best parks we have stayed at. Very neat and clean. They were working on the back section of the park but it did not bother us. Some work on a site near us but that should be expected if they are to keep a park in this good of condition. Don't let its location in town keep you from using this park. There was no city noise or traffic issues and there is a grocery store and fast food within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again if visiting the area. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

We visited Zion, North rim Grand Canyon, Bryce, Cedar Breaks, lake Powel, Kolob Canyon and other scenic locations in the area. Especially liked hiking the Narows in Zion. Also short drive to Mesquite NV if you like the casinos and there is great shopping in St George.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $48.00

Good: Lots of trees and shade, concrete pads, no dust. Bad: Sites very close together. $125 deposit for cable TV box, very inconvenient. Wifi is pitiful and unreliable. 4 pages of rules and requirement for full payment on reservation...would indicate this park is more interested in profit than customer service. No picnic table. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

Nice park with a lot of trees and grass. spaces are small and close together. Tons of rules and dogs were always baking. No picnic tables and the wifi was not usable. Couldn't use our satellite dish because of the trees and the park wanted $125 for a cable box so we watched a movie. Overall it was a nice park but I'll pass next time. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $45.00

Pretty, clean park with paved roads, concrete pads. There are both shady and sunny sites. Quiet location on edge of a neighborhood. Zion NP is about 40 mins away. St. George shopping and dining are about 30 mins away. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $43.00

This place is immaculate. Very well taken care of! Very quiet at night. great trees for shade. For adults this is a real nice place however I wouldn't recommend for those that have children as there would be nothing for them to do. For adults its pretty ideal. I would give it a ten but no swimming pool keeps me from doing it. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

Very nice park. Good location for day trips to Zion Canyon National Park, Kolob, and St. George. No pool or other activities. We requested a shady site and assigned a pull thru site, paid a little more. These sites do have have more shade although most sites have trees except the satillite sites which are considered the super sites. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Motorhome.

Good multi use bike trails in St. George. Drove to Mesquite, NV. The drive on I15 thru the Virgin River Gorge was nice. Day trip to Pipe Spring National Monument and Kanab. Visit and tour the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.

Temple View RV Resort

St George, Utah

Sand Hollow State Park

Zion West RV Park

Leeds, Utah

Are you affiliated with WillowWind RV Park?