Hurricane, Utah

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

I agree this is a very nice park. Pull through sites were concrete and level. There are good paved roads throughout the park. However there are two entrances so there is little security. The office, laundry room and common building are good looking log construction. The park is heavily booked. Large trees provide shade and protection from the wind which was strong the whole five days of our stay. This park is my first choice in Hurricane for a Spring or Summer stay due to the protection the trees provide. The $40 a night price is a value in the area considering 2-star motels rent for $200 a night this time of year. The list of rules is long but they are all reasonable. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Besides the nearby national parks, the Hurricane Pioneer Museum is worthwhile. Some events for the Senior Games are held at the nearby Washington Regional Park.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $39.00

Price reflects weekly rate. Our third stay here. Very clean and well-run Park in the pleasant town of Hurricane. Check in was pleasant. Paved and curbed roads lead to concrete shaded sites. Beware the large gutter / dip just past check in! The park also has curious arrow-shaped speed-bumps. Strong and fast (8 Mbps down / 5 Mbps up) WiFi. Good digital Cable TV. Water pressure seemed lower than average. Showers and restrooms spotless. Laundry worked well. Pleasant outdoor gas fire ring outside central camp building a plus. Park is extremely quiet, with most folks visiting the Zion area for extended periods. Grounds are spotless and well maintained, grass is mowed and edged, there is not a speck of trash anywhere. Small dog park behind office is convenient, there is a larger walk area at the rear as well. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Try the delightful Main Street Cafe (about 1.0 mile East) for a locally sourced meal. We are there several times and EVERYTHING we had was delicious.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $36.00

At checkin I was put off - first thing I was handed was 4 pages of rules and was told they wanted to make sure I behaved. First day WiFi wouldn't work. I was pretty much believing I was going to not go for the park - I was totally wrong. The place is spotless, how many parks have a street sweeper. Trees galore and the sites are concrete and very wide and level. Gas fire pits in 3 locations and the club house is the best I've seen. WiFi was fixed the second day and worked well. This is one nice place and we will be staying again. Except for the 4 pages of rules I would give this park a 10. Just goes to show one can be totally wrong about first impressions. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $43.00

This place is immaculate. Very well taken care of! Very quiet at night. great trees for shade. For adults this is a real nice place however I wouldn't recommend for those that have children as there would be nothing for them to do. For adults its pretty ideal. I would give it a ten but no swimming pool keeps me from doing it. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $32.00

Immaculate! Nothing better. Oasis in the desert, with many. many mature trees that make a canopy to cover your rig and site. Level, concrete pads. Easy access and plenty of parking for my F250. Only complaint: Water was hard to reach via the ground faucet. Park even has a dog wash station. Pristine bathhouse/restrooms. Grounds are tidy and well maintained. Superb CATV and wi-fi. Easy access to town, eateries, Walmart, gas, etc. Best access point to Zion NP. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $40.00

We stayed for 11 days while we attended the Huntsman senior games in St. George. We had a nice relatively roomy spot with trees, grass, paved pad and modern hookups. The cable TV hookup was unusual and required an adapter. Our neighbor let us use his.

It was quiet and convenient to shopping and other services. It was a bit of a drive to St. George, but totally worth it.

The restrooms were the individual, private type. They were very clean, but the lighting was poor. They were not crowded.

There were a couple of gas fireplaces with chairs surrounding them. There was a large community building with rest rooms, exercise equipment and more. We were too busy to use these facilities.

The office staff was friendly and helpful.

We will definitely stay there again. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Grass

Muddy Bees Bakery has wonderful baked goods and homemade honey. BONUS: They have a glass beehive in the bakery. There is a transparent tube exiting the roof. You can see bees coming and going with pollen sacs on their legs.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $22.00

Really nice clean park with grass/trees by each space and large concrete pads. Grocery shopping is within walking distance. WiFi is available but very weak at the sites but strong at the office and the laundry area. Electric connections are behind the rear of pads which are a very long reach for other than motor homes. The staff are extremely customer oriented and will help you solve any problem. The nightly rate was as a portion of the $370 monthly rate. A first rate park at a reasonable rate that I would recommend to anyone. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $33.00

What a great experience, even if we never saw any staff! We arrived after the office closed, but an envelope with our name was taped to the office door. Inside was a map to our site and plenty of extra information. The site is paved with spacious concrete pads, plenty of grass and big trees everywhere. Quiet but just off the main boulevard through town where stores and restaurants were located nearby. We really enjoyed this place and will be back to use it as a base for Bryce and Zion tours. At checkout, I STILL couldn't find any staff, but there were instructions to leave a check for the agreed-upon amount ($33.12) in a mail drop in front of the office. Never got a chance to say thank you, but "Thank You!" We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $10.00

This review is based on a month stay. This park has clean facilities but they are dated; the laundry was very small. The lots are paved and relatively level. The sprinklers, as others have noted, spray everywhere, management will not fix. Half of the cable channels are very grainy and I can honestly say it is the worst Wi-Fi I've experienced and management is aware of these problems. I had to walk up to the club house to connect when I needed to work. My 30amp hookup was very loose in the pedestal. There’s no place to walk your dog except for a little gravel area in front of the laundry. You’re better off going across the street to the vacant lot, but watch out for the goat head thorns. This is a very busy and noisy park; traffic coming and going all day and most of the night. I sat next to a very old motor home, with a family that was constantly fighting, with a loud TV, door slamming at all hours and they smoked at the side and behind my RV. The smell from their RV was horrible, they’ve been there 6+ years. I was not the only person complaining about these people, management acknowledged that the people were a known problem. Behind me was a snowbird that kept her parrots outside all day and evening, although dogs tied up and barking are not allowed, caged parrots screeching all day is permitted. There were many empty lots but they would not relocate me. This park is badly mismanaged and when it comes to reservations and appropriate lot/rig sizes, triple check before you arrive. Management may seem friendly until they take your money, they are a lazy crew, they don’t want to do anything except stand around on the deck and smoke. Be aware, the grounds keeper is a very foul mouthed person, I heard him unload on a few people for silly things by raising his voice and cursing. If you’re placed anywhere near lot 100, refuse the lot. I paid for a full month but left after 3 weeks. Management could have moved me, corrected the problem people or at least offered me some sort of compensation for my trouble but they did nothing. I will never return to this park. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $33.00

I stayed here for two weeks while my wife was a patient at Intermountain Hospital in St. George, Utah. Most of the spots are shady, which is a real plus during the hot and humid days of July. The staff were very helpful. I used the laundry once and found it to be clean. I had a back-in site, but one of the managers was there to help guide me in. The cable was great and I was able to watch the Olympics during the stay. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $28.00

Quiet, clean park with lots of trees and grass. Wi-Fi signal was strong and TV had lots of stations. I would strongly recommend this park. We will be back. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2012 - $36.00

We stayed here for 2 weeks and the noise from some of the dogs was awful. Litter blew on windy days and the manager was very rude when questioned about the dog noise. This is a beautiful park with miss management to say the least. There are rumors floating all over the park about the owner passing away and how the current managers were going to now run it their way. Glad to be leaving tomorrow with no intentions of returning until some improvements are made. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $33.00

This park is easy to find and easy to get into. The interior roads are paved, with concrete pull throughs and grass in between spacious sites. Our site took two blocks on the side to level. There are lots of mature trees for shade, which was very nice in the hot weather. Restrooms, showers, and laundry all nice. Excellent selection of Cable TV channels, 98 channels, Wi-Fi is good. The office is closed during lunch time. The office has a pool table, and nice library and movies. Rate includes tax and 10% Good Sam discount. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $37.00

This little park was a true delight. Very clean,nice and everything was well maintained. Concrete pads for all sites and level!! A very good value for the money. Clean and quiet. We loved it and will definitely stay again. It is about 20 miles from Zion Nat Park and a refreshing place to rest after a long day of seeing the sights. Highly recommend this park. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $30.00

Sites some gravel some grass, access road and sites paved, quiet friendly park, will stay here again. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with WillowWind RV Park ?