Hurricane, Utah

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $32.00

This is a beautiful park but with a few problems. The internet was terrible. Could never get a connection unless I went to the office. Office personnel really didn't care. They are adding on to park and every day it was very loud with workers and equipment. Our space was along main road. Was very loud day and night. Showers were so far away we had to drive to them. No picnic table or fire pit. We were parked on dead end and everyone turned around in front of our space. We wouldn't stay here again. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Motorhome.

site number 66

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $38.00

We checked in on a Saturday for a week. The Lady working in the office was very helpful and attentive to our needs, she even went out of her way to walk to our site to see that it was alright, however, Monday thru Friday was another story. The man that called himself part owner/manager was the most rude person I have ever had to deal with in an RV park. We asked him to look at our cable connection and you would have thought we had actually asked him to work because, that is one thing he didn't do as long time campers told us in passing. Return: Not as long as he is there (and neither will a few of our friends). This is a shame that one person can ruin a nice looking park like this one. I hope the right person reads this comment. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $33.00

My wife’s observation on Willowind: "As an RV Park, it makes a mediocre storage lot!" When I search for places to go RVing, I look for places away from towns. If I wanted to camp in a Wal-Mart parking lot, there's a Wal-Mart 5 miles from home! This weekend, we drove about 310 miles to park in what amounted to a Wal-Mart parking lot! I knew Willowind was just a block off the main street, but had reasons for not going too far away from civilization on this trip. However, we were SO disappointed we packed up and came home early! We checked in, our phoned-in reservation was in order, and we were directed to our site on the only row in the park with drive thrus. Lucky us. There is no provision on the park web site to book reservations online. Selecting a site is not really feasible here. While there IS a map of the park online, the photos on their web site don't accurately reflect what sites are like. For example, the park web site states: "Large Shady sites with grass!" Grass, mostly. Large, you judge. There was approximately 15 feet of "grass" between our door and our adjacent neighbor's sewer and hookups! We didn't really have enough room for our awning mat. We parked on the extreme left of the pad to make hookups close and easy. In spite of that when we stepped off our bottom step we were in the dirt/grass: ie, the pad was very narrow. We do not have slide-outs! When I walked the park, I did not see anyone sitting outside their RV and only one or two RVs with chairs out. We had planned to cook outside. But in our assigned site this would have meant cooking very close to our neighbor’s sewer lines or on the pad in front of or behind our RV, pretty close to the access roads. We decided to cook indoors. We also could not open our awning because a tree limb was in the way. On the plus side, there was so much thick foliage on the adjacent trees we were able to easily forego the awning. There are no picnic tables or fire pits. I walked/photographed the entire RV park. No sites had picnic tables or fire pits. The hookups are not bad. Electricity, water and TV are correctly located on the left rear of the concrete pad. The water and sewer are under plastic covers in the concrete. The water cover is not cut out for a hose. At the spot we occupied, former campers apparently carved out a notch for the hose in the plastic cover. The sewer receptacle was recessed too deep to hook up. The threaded part was so low I was not able to thread it in because our sewer hose has a 90 degree fitting on the end. So I pulled out my brand new Hose Buddy, filled it with water and snapped it on to the right angle connecter of the sewer hose. Problem solved! Cable TV found 82 analog and 6 digital channels. The office did not have a channel guide but we found a guide on channel 10. Or you can use the internet site with includes links for most listings with descriptions, like movie synopses. WiFi: at check-in they told me to use either network Willowind 1 or Willowind 2. Willowind 1 appeared but I was unable to connect. Willowind 2 connected but was very slow. I use Windows 7 with a network icon in the tray like cell phone strength “bars”. Signal strength was never more than one bar. This was adequate for things like email and the TV listing. No other special login or agreements were required as is sometimes the case on public access wireless networks. I never had more than one bar. I actually LOST the connection many times. The connection barely worked for email, was worthless for anything else I think it is unreasonable to hold an RV Park accountable for external nearby activities. That said, their web site states, “Activities: ATV Trails adjacent to RV Park.” I was curious so I followed the link on the RV park site and found this on the site linked there, “Warning: The Trails shown on this Map are Proposed Only. All Riders should contact the appropriate Agency or Land Owner before riding any of these Trails!” I may have been disappointed had I brought our ATVs and expected to ride based on the RV Park web site. Also, there were no maps posted for ATV trails. I guess the lesson is check before you travel. The 5 mph in-park speed limit was neither observed nor enforced. That’s not a huge problem, people were not tearing through the park at high speeds. But it was pretty noisy. If I categorized RV parks as campsites or overnight stops, Willowind would go into the latter category. Most sites are too narrow, in my opinion, for “camping” activities. They lend themselves more to short overnight stays where travelers get in, get fed, showered and rested and move on. The management seems to have made a conscious decision to that type of use with no picnic tables, fire rings, pool, or other recreation areas (horseshoe pits, etc.) typical in a lot of RV parks that cater to campers. We camped at WillowWind RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with WillowWind RV Park ?