Pony Express RV Resort

Recent Rate: $47 8/2016

Latitude: 40.830242046549
Longitude: -111.93842053413

• ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile
  • Phone Phone ?
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Bike Path(s) Bike Path(s) yes
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $47.00

Just off of I-215, so you get highway noise, and noise from what sounds like a dirt bike track south of the park. We stayed in an Executive Site, pull-thru. Plenty long enough 70 feet, but the sewer connection is at least 30 feet from the service bay. We had to do a make-shift connection to reach the sewer. Really bad planning on that. Otherwise, the park has the new style pedestals that have water, electric and cable combined. Wi-Fi is bad, and hard to connect to. Cable is good and there are plenty of stations available. No tall trees, so satellite reception is good. No shade, all sun, so it can be hot. We used A/C all the time. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B Section
Concrete, Grass

There is an RV repair service just in front of the park. Mobile service is also available, along with RV washing businesses.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $50.00

As with all my park reviews I'll start with the good. The large pool and area around, the lounge and game room, lobby, and laundry room rate a 12 out of a possible 10...as nice as you'll find anywhere! The grounds are keep clean of trash and if there are longer term renters they are hard to point out. The pads are large for our pull-through, with adequate space between slides, picnic tables, and very nice grass areas throughout the park. The major drawback for this park is the bathrooms. The bath/shower combos nearest our site was in need of minor updating. The painted concrete floors were in need of a re-coat, some baseboard tiles were needed a re-grout. More important...NO AC. Further, using old heat generating flood lamps. A sauna at anytime other than early morning. Walking out into the 95 degree Salt Lake day feels like stepping into a pop cooler! Also...with military/Good Sam discount our nightly fee was $50. With cooler and cleaner (repairs) bath this park rates a 9. Today I can give it only an 8. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B47
Concrete, Grass

Near by traffic and airport not a problem with AC/fans operating.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $50.00

This is a beautiful park and very well maintained. Not much shade; the trees are still small. Everything worked well. Staff very friendly and considerate. We were taken to our site and assisted in hooking up. Although fairly close together, sites were very nice with concrete pad for motorhome and additional pad for car. There was grass with picnic table. Nice clubhouse and pool. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B 28

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $46.00

This park is VERY well kept. Sites are concrete pull throughs. It is well laid out with some trees that in the future will provide shade. Not too close, but not real spacious either. Paved roads, good hookups. Location is not "the best" BUT it is well positioned off of I-15 and not far outside the city in an industrial type area. Noise is not bad and there are many back roads into the city that will keep you off of the interstate, which is undergoing construction improvements. Great camp ground. Staff is helpful and courteous and as a plus if you ask they will allow you to wash your rig. (Ask first.) We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B-18
Concrete, Grass

Of course the Great Salt Lake is a must see as is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. For anyone looking, there are loads of jobs available in this city. Everyone is hiring.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $46.00

Stayed 2 nights in a 45 ft. motorcoach. Long site with parking for toad. Clean bathrooms/showers. Maybe it was just bad luck but my stay was not great. Power at pedestal was low on 1 leg (106vac) and we had to move to another site. Internet was down for the 2 days we were there. Because we moved to another site, they deleted our gate code so we needed to tailgate until they fixed it . We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $79.00

Price was high, but we have 6 people, so that explains the rate. We came in after normal business hours (9pm), and were still escorted to our site and offered help with hook up. Just an overnight stay on our way east to Colorado, but would stay again. Internet down while we stayed but they informed us that is wasn't working well when we checked in, so I got the feeling that it was an issue they were working to resolve.

Pull-through sites close together but not too close. Cement tables. Bathrooms were single units with shower and restroom in the same room, and all with security codes. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B10

Gas nearby. RV repair facility next door (don't know if they are any good or not). Hospital 15 minutes away (very friendly and quick ER) in case anyone in your group falls and needs an X-ray

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Easy to get to and employees were very nice. Clean pool; although it's kind of small for the size of campground. Restrooms and showers were mostly clean; however the showers have no hooks or shelves - this was very inconvenient. Park is well taken care of and the workers that are building the new cabins were extremely clean workers. Level sites, picnic table and grass at each site - we will stay here again. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

C36

There is a RV place located at the road entrance - this was convenient since we needed a few things. Pretty close to everything with easy access on/off highway. Even though it's right off of the highway it wasn't terribly noisy.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $47.00

Park is very well maintained. Workers are always out working on grounds. Spaces are very large for big rigs. Park is also very dog friendly. There is a security gate that you have to have a pass code for. Very secure. We always stay here when we come to Salt Lake City. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B03

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

The Pony Express in North SLC *looks* nice, but that's about it. I have been in about 12 parks over the last two weeks in 4 states and this one takes the friggin' cake. It has a strange sewage odor. I saw some reviews about the pool being closed for the health department, but when I called and asked they said the pool was open. This was a deciding factor in our stay since we just spent 6 hrs cleaning up our flooded RV from a busted pipe. We booked two days. The pool is closed. They are waiting on the health department. Why is that? Why is their pool always waiting for the health department? That makes me uneasy. The crew member said we were welcome to cancel with no problem when we asked about the pool, but this morning we got a different story. When the girl at the desk decided she wanted to get an attitude and tell me I can pay until Monday if I need to speak to a manager that badly, I decided it was review time. Not only all of this, but it's extremely loud from highway traffic. The water pressure in the showers is a drizzle. The other reviews were right, they put you at the end with no shade by the highway. And the WiFi is a joke! I get an average of four minutes before it disconnects. FOUR MINUTES?! I am paying for all this extra stuff I don't even get. After all of this, even though we signed NOTHING and we were not told we couldn't get a refund, they refuse to help us out. There is a Walmart down the street that allows over nights, I would go there instead if you absolutely have to stop right then. This place has left a bad taste in my mouth for SLC and Pony Express. Never again. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

e05

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $37.00

This is a relatively new campground, convenient to SLC airport. I stayed here for one night before and after I had to fly out, leaving my motorhome at the airport for five days in between. Sites are clean and paved, with grass and young trees in between. Very well maintained, but negatives are heavy freeway noise and what sounded like some sort of nearby race track one morning. Another irritation was the call center where I made a reservation. The first time, they put me into a very large space, which was corrected by the lady when I checked in and she noticed that I was in only a 32' vehicle with no tow. She put me in a smaller space and gave me a refund of $15. When I made the second reservation, I again was going to be charged $56 and put in a 40' space. Told the lady on the phone that I had been charged much less just 6 days before. So first she gave me the Good Sam discount and then when I argued some more, grudgingly put me in a 35' space for $37. I don't like those sorts of upselling games. but on the other hand, the office staff could not have been nicer, so I suspect someone in the call center is making these decisions. I would definitely stay here again. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Parking for oversized vehicles is available at SLC airport for same rate as car parking, but obviously, you cannot "camp" there. Since this campground is only 9 miles away via expressway, it was convenient for an early morning flight. Also, right next door is an RV dealer and service center, which is convenient.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $27.00

This park is listed as a resort, and it certainly has that feel. The only reason I did not rate it higher is because they do not have any resort activities other than the pool and game room. It is near a walking/biking path along the Jordan River. Laundry room is clean and has plenty of moderately priced machines. Pool is large and plenty of comfy chaise lounges. Game room has pool table, large screen TV, comfortable furnishings, etc. Office staffers are cordial. RV sites are pretty close but adequate. They are level, cement pads with a cement patio and green grass area with a smaller tree. We easily opened four slides and awnings. Hookups are conveniently located at mid-point on the site. Water pressure and 50 amp electric service were reliable. We camped with a 40' fifth wheel with barely enough room to park our tow vehicle. There is overflow parking conveniently nearby if needed. Highway and airport noise was noticed, but not a problem. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

Easy access to lots of shopping, restaurants, downtown, bike paths and not too far from Antelope Island.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $42.00

Paved access roads and level, concrete sites flanked by a nicely manicured lawn, a picnic table, and a concrete dingy parking pad make this a delightful place to stay when you want to be close to Salt Lake City. Service was cheerful and even included an escort to our site as we arrived. Our pull-thru site was long enough for our 37' MH and connected toad, even without the separate dingy parking pad. Water, sewer and electric hookups were convenient, though 30' distance to sewer required a hose extension. WiFi was strong, but Internet connection was spotty and thruput was mediocre. Laundry was very clean and convenient. Price, net of Good Sam discount, seemed reasonable for the amenities offered. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $46.00

This is a densely packed, urban RV park. It is NOT a campground. Units are pulled in side-by-side as close as the management feels it can get away with. That said, it is not necessarily all that bad for in town, close to the airport, stays where the purpose is not outdoor leisure.

We stayed here twice in ten days, two nights each time. We have family in SLC and spent our time at their house, not at the trailer. In addition, our Grandson flew in to join us and the Salt Lake airport is a major hub, making his travel simple.

There are pools, laundry and clubhouse available, but we didn't use them. We will stay here again. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

B-9 and B-12

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $40.00

Nice, newer RV park, paved, concede pads, manicured lawns, helpful staff. The negatives were freeway and airport noise, non level pads, and the smell of sewer gas emanating from either the open sewer connection adjacent to our site, (there was no cap or seal on the pipe) or possibly the refinery located to the East. In spite of this it's the nicest park in the area we've seen although it's a bit pricey for off season. We would stay again.

ATT worked fine, we did not use the cable or wifi, satellite reception no problem. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

B06

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $37.00

Beautiful campground, plenty of room, dog walk area. Service was excellent and can't say enough about the Manager Ric. We had problems with our electronic hitch and Ric showed us how to fix the problem. He was friendly and extremely helpful. This is our third time here and it is one of our favorites. (Don't remember site number) We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

C15

We just stayed in the park area. Pilot gas station within half mile, RV park is next to the freeway for easy access. Noise did not bother us.

Are you affiliated with Pony Express RV Resort?