Pony Express RV Resort

North Salt Lake, Utah

Latitude: 40.8302420465488
Longitude: -111.938420534134

Loi

We stayed here for 3 nights so we could go visit the Temple Square in Salt Lake City. The park is beautiful with cement pads, picnic table, and a well manicured yard. For 42 a night we expected a wider site. Ours was 60x20. For 5 bucks more we could have had a little wider, but think they are executive sites and are only 15 of them. My husband made reservations and didn't pay attention to how narrow the sites were. We never stay in a park that is under 25 wide. Such a pretty park and would have rated it a 10 otherwise. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Island Folk

An immaculate campground with cement pads and manicured lawn areas. Clubhouse is also topnotch and while not used, the pool looked clean and inviting. Traffic noise was noticeable but not overly objectionable for our site and equipment. The smell however was almost nauseating. I am not sure if it was the sewage treatment plant about 1 mile south or the nearby refineries or both but it was disgusting in the evening and nights (2). I think the owners and management really try to keep a great RV park but with the smelly neighbors, I would keep on traveling. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Jerry S

We stayed here one weeknight in early August and had a level, cement, full hookup site with 30 channel cable TV. The cable worked fine on our bedroom TV but the front TV had a split screen for at least the actual cable channels (network channels were OK). Their Wi-Fi network was OK. Most of the sites in rows A and E are extended stay customers. Along with other sites throughout the park used by the long term customers, there are maybe 100 sites taken by such customers. Except for A and E, all sites are long, cement pull-throughs. There is also a separate area at one end of the park with about 10 cabins. In addition to the bath facilities (and laundry) in the lodge/office, there are 3 more bath houses in the park. Each has 5 or 6 individual bathrooms with sink, toilet, and shower. The pool is much too small for a park this large. I saw no recycling. Yes, there is traffic noise from the interstate and, with a wrong wind, a foul stench from a nearby industrial company. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

cactuslady

A beautiful, well-maintained park. It's only drawback is being close to the interstate and an industrial area, so it is very noisy. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Tucsonjim

We really enjoyed this park. It is spotless, quiet and very well laid out. The sites are spacious, and most of the rigs that stay here are higher quality. We didn't see any "permanent" residents. The office staff was very helpful, and made sure our stay was comfortable. The entrance is gated, which adds to our peace of mind about security. The neighborhood is kind of industrial. The mountain views are nice. It is extremely easy to get into the park and the sites, no matter how large your rig is. A couple of drawbacks. There is a refinery across the street, and if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction, there is an unpleasant smell. I'd also like to see them set up recycle bins in addition to dumpsters. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Freedom Bus

A very clean, well kept park in an excellent location only 6 miles from downtown Salt Lake City. Sites have concrete pads and our site had ample length and turning radius for our 45' motorhome. Every site has a grassy area with a tree small enough not to effect satellite service and a clean picnic table. Gated entry. Easy access from I-215. Good 50 amp power. There are many shorter sites, therefore I recommend a reservation to ensure a comfortable size lot for your larger rig. There is a Flying J about 1/2 mile away if you need diesel. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Zoe N

We pulled in quite late without reservation and the on-site manager escorted us to a spot quickly. The park is extremely well manicured and the sites have concrete pads with spots to park a vehicle. The largest sites are 70' long. The trees are really small and provide no shade. Access was extremely easy and large rigs will have no issues. There is a pathway system that runs by the campground that is for walking/cycling. Great to take the pooch out for a run and the kids out on bikes. Wi-Fi did not work on Apple devices but the manager hooked me up to his personal Wi-Fi for the night. I am told they are fixing that issue. The laundry was excellent although one machine jammed when I put money in...it was immediately fixed by the manager. There is a pool table and lounging chairs in the main building so you can occupy yourself. The pool was not open yet but looked pretty nice. I was going to give 10/10 but for one negative point: The campground is close to some kind of treatment plant and the smell was fairly noticeable at times. Will certainly return on our way south next year. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Picketts

Yes, the campground is next to four overpasses and we were parked right against the fence; however, we did not find the noise overly disturbing. Front desk staff was exceptionally helpful, assisted us get set up, offered extension cords, etc. There is also a long bike/walking path outside the grounds. It isn't a state park, but well located to explore Salt Lake City. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

traveler1952

I have never been in a nosier place. Located at a major HWY intersection truck and cars all day long. Staff is so so except for the I guess maintenance people who must have been fired from Walmart. Left with water spots on the side of the rige due to lawn sprinklers. The land scaper was even here working on them and when I said something to him he just shrugged and said noting he could do. In place the park is falling apart and it's not that old. Best part is the nice long pull troughs biggest problem is they won't let you into the park with your toad hooked up so if your just planning on spending a night passing through you still have to unhook. THERE'S BETTER PLACES TO STAY Oh I forgot the two refineries very close by and the mesquites from there swamp next to the office. Nice smell We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

grifjj

We stayed here one night on our way home from CA. Staff was friendly and helpful. Restrooms and showers were clean. We would stay here again. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tamsmustang

This park is the worst park in salt lake, don't waist your money. The restrooms were clean and the maintenance staff was friendly. However the new Manager and her fake cowboy hat wearing husband were so rude and disrespectful I came in for one night on my way out of town and was told I had to in hook my car out in the street, the whole reason I came here was so I could stay hooked up! Then the male manager had to escort us to our site, he was so rude and told us we had to park were he says in the site and my sewer hose wouldn't reach so he said go by a new one your not allowed to pull forward any more. If that wasn't bad enough then I wake up to the manager shining a flashlight around my trailer. Talk about no privacy, so when I mentioned it in the morning I was told to mind my own business and if I don't like the way they act leave. Wow I was shocked, managers act like this. I really feel so mistreated and I've never met anyone that was suppose to be a manager that treat people like that.. The new owners I was told about should be ashamed in their choice in Management, this park will be closed soon if they don't change the management. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

H. Matson

I am a full-time RV patron, and have been for over 20 years. This park was one of the most expensive, dirtiest, and rudest of all. This park has nothing compared to other parks. Wi-Fi is not fast enough to connect any equipment. They claim they just updated it, but the signal is too low for any use. Located next to refinery and freeway, it stinks and has noisy semi-trucks. Just keep driving. There is another campsite a mile away and it is clean & nice with working WIFI. I was disappointed by the owner, but not the employees. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

gypsyrunner

We love this park. They are located right on the bike or running trail in North Salt Lake. It is a new park so the trees are small. The pool is very seasonal and quite small. The office staff is very friendly. The gate going in and out is large and easy to use. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Doofus1

Individual private toilet/shower facilities are exceptionally clean. Park grounds are clean and well maintained. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Although close to I-215, we were not bothered by road noise. WiFi is adequate but could be better. Easy access and just a few minutes from downtown. We frequently travel to SLC and there aren't many RV campgrounds in the metro area, but this one is our favorite. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tamsmustang

This is by far the best park I've ever stayed at. It's great for kids and very clean showers houses. The maintenance team there are so friendly and helpful. They clean every thing well and answer all questions we had. In general great people. We will be back soon. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Green River KOA

Green River, Utah

Everglades Isle

Everglades City, Florida

Are you affiliated with Pony Express RV Resort?