8 Good

Torrey, Utah

1110 W. SR-24
Torrey, Utah 84775

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Thousand Lakes RV Park" and nearby attractions.

N82

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $100.00

Surprisingly curt management and DIRTY cabin and SPIDER HAVEN!! We rented a Deluxe Cabin and the Super Deluxe Cabin for the use of a kitchen. The pictures are not what you get for the Super Deluxe Cabin!! MANY Spiders running across the floor, coming out of the sink, found in the tub and shower MANY times, a BLACK WIDOW dangling over my daughter's head in the shower! And that was all just during the brief period in the day that we were actually there. And it is no wonder as there are thick cob webs in the corners, webs all over the walls and the heating vents...were thick with grime and years of dust and crumbs and who knows what else! It appears they have NEVER been cleaned. Even more disappointing than this was the response of management to my concerns; their response was that they would do "absolutely" nothing to make amends for the lodging conditions. Pretty much an interaction of they are 100% right and plan to make no consideration of the customer's concerns. No apology or offer to see what I am talking about so that future improvements could be made. Let me also note I dry camp frequently and enjoy the outdoors and all that comes with that but when paying $100/night I expect better conditions!! Many 4 & 5 star reviews sold me on this lodging, however I think the reviews apply more to camping trailer spots and not so much to the cabins. Although I did consistently read complaints of management. Be prepared for curt staff unwilling to hear you out. Bathrooms were clean and kitchen surface was clean. The grime build up in the carpet, seating and floor boards was disappointing for the nightly cost to stay here. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Cabin.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $35.00

Very pleasant stay at the west end of Torrey. My site afforded me some beautiful views of red rocks and beautiful sunsets. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice gift shop and on-site restaurant. Availability of over-the-air TV stations from Salt Lake City complemented my DISH satellite service. Convenient location for exploring Capitol Reef National Park. Only negative for me was the wind, which seemed relentless every night (obviously not the park's fault). We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Capitol Reef National Park offers impressive scenery, hiking opportunities, interesting history and great ranger programs.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $41.00

Very nice, scenic RV park about 11 mi. to the west of Capitol Reef NP. Sites are spacious and shaded with small to medium trees. Nice gift shop. Great views of cliffs and hills outside Capitol Reef. We stayed here about 12 yrs ago. It has improved and gotten largers. Try the nice BBQ dinner they make in the pavilion - delicious meal, great value. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $35.00

Unfortunately most of the sites are very narrow and/or short, have dips and slope. Most units had blocks to jack up one side or the front to level. Sites in the center are too narrow to use your awning and slides. Your neighbor's sewer connection is right next to your picnic table. Also beware that half their sites with electric are only 30 amp. We reserved a 50 amp site and were assigned site 31 two months ago when I made the reservation. When arriving we were sent to site 43 and didn't know it was 30 amp until after parking. When asked about why we were switched, I was told by the park manager that "you don't need 50 amp because you don't need to run both ac units". There were at least five other 50 amp sites empty but I was told they were not available to us even though we arrived at 3:30 PM. We were unable to level our rig after many tries and moving it several times. In desperation, I went back to the office and asked for another empty site and the request was denied. I sent a polite email to the park manager asking for an explanation. For my efforts I received a nasty phone message instead of an apology or some sort of restitution for the bad customer service. There are several other nice campgrounds in the area and you will be much happier there. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

No decent grocery stores in this area so stock up before coming unless you want to pay 6 bucks for a small box of Cheerios. Many good restaurants here though. Capitol Reef NP is jaw dropping beautiful and worth the trip!

Featured Campgrounds Near Thousand Lakes RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $38.00

Park is nicely kept ,beautiful views. Dinner is good value. Only problem was dogs are running loose and we had to pick up poop on our site. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $33.00

This is a very nice park. The sites are level and adequately spaced. It is carefully maintained. Although there is no enclosed dog run, there are several large grassy areas . I would have given it a higher rating if the wifi was even barely usable (or if we had any reliable Verizon cell service). We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Royal Market in Loa is a pretty good supermarket.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $39.00

We stayed at Thousand Lakes the first of July 2017. The campground was super convenient to Capitol Reef N.P. 6 miles to the entrance and another 6 to the Visitor Center. The campground is as one would expect in this part of Utah...flat, red clay and beautiful views. Our gravel site was level, had a shade tree, picnic table, and a fire pit...with plenty of space between us and the guy in the adjacent site. We were pulling a tow vehicle with our 25' Motorhome, so were 42' long overall and had room to spare in our site w/o unhooking the toad. The interior roads through the campground were easy to navigate. Our dogs appreciated the patches of grass at the end of the aisles. There is a pool and playground. The camp store is really nice and has a good selection of snacks, rv items and souvenirs...the buyer does a good job. Staff was friendly. We paid $41 incl tax, for a pull thru with FHU...not sure we were credited for the 10% Good Sam discount. I would definitely stay here again. If you are coming this way, I highly recommend taking the more scenic and slower routes across UT...Hwy 24 and Hwy 12. The scenery is stunning and traffic practically nil. The landscape is absolutely breathtaking...unlike anything you will see in other parts of the world. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Capitol Reef National Park. Scenic Highway 12. Bryce Canyon N.P., Zion N.P., Highway 24

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

First of all Torrey and surrounding towns is the land that time forgot. Do not go there expecting to grocery shop. With the lack of adequate cell service there is no WIFI. Yes they say they have it, try to connect! I sat outside their office and had no WIFI SERVICE. I'm in the tech industry so I know what I am talking about. They need to invest in a WIFI system since there is little to no cell service. Will not stay there again. Not until I retire and completely unplug! Oh! And be careful if you have a large MH. Not easy to maneuver and no tie up space or checkin area. Not meant for 2017 motorhomes greater than 38'. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Forgot

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed here July 10,2017 to July 24,2017. I really enjoyed this park. The view is awesome and location was great. We really enjoyed exploring Capital Reef National park. This park was quiet, great location and we were able to enjoy the outdoors here. We choose to purchase their dinner one night. Did not like it. Wasn't worth the 20 dollars a person. However I was talking to one of my neighbors a couple of days later and she recommended the dinner. I guess it depends on who you talk to..... When back in the area-I will definitely go back to this park. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Capital Reef National park is a must!! Not nearly as crowded as the other major parks and it is beautiful!!!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $36.00

Nice, clean campground that is convenient to Capitol Reef NP. Gravel sites with minimal spacing. Utilities worked well, the power pedestal was in good shape. WiFi was slow but worked. Nice store, gift shop. Good views of surrounding hills. Stayed here in a motorhome. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Great location for exploring Capitol Reef, especially if you have a 4WD. Nice small town nearby with fuel and minimal groceries. A few restaurants in town.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $39.00

Great staff. Nice pull through. Nice grass areas. Some shade trees. Rather dusty sites as rock is disappearing. Have pool. Somewhat limited eating in the town of Torrey. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Capitol Reef Nat Park 7 miles away.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $39.00

This is a great little park. Close to Capitol Reef NP. The Grill on site in the park was excellent. All utilities worked well. Full hook-up sites have large trees for shade. No cable, but I was able to pull in a lot of OTA channels. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Capitol Reef NP is just a few miles down the road.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $36.00

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Stayed here for 7 nights while visiting Capitol Reef NP. RV Park is very clean and well maintained. Park does not have cable but my satellite had excellent reception. Views from the park are very good. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

M5

Capitol Reef National Park is the main attraction in the area. The town of Torrey has some restaurants and shops, did not visit any. The Gifford House in the National Park sells cinnamon buns & pies baked daily, they are recommended. Hickman Bridge and Cassidy Arch are must see in the NP.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $38.00

This is a very nice park to stay in while in Torrey, Utah. We've stayed here many times in our travel trailer. Very nice, helpful staff, restrooms and laundry very clean.

Park is starting to get popular in the spring. You might want to call ahead, although probably not necessary. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $39.00

We travel in a 43 foot diesel pusher. Easy to maneuver thru this very pleasant, large but not crowded park, with large grassy areas, large flat gravel pads and roads. Everything works well in this park but the Wi-fi, which is why I could only give a 9. Beautiful large trees are located to provide shade without being too close to rigs. Very nice cabins, tent sites, park store, small pool, group areas, outdoor games. We camped at Thousand Lakes RV Park in a Motorhome.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Capital Reef Natl Park

Featured Campgrounds Near Thousand Lakes RV Park

Are you affiliated with Thousand Lakes RV Park ?