Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA

Vernal, Utah

Recent Rate: $47 7/2014

alkurta

The woman who checked us in was friendly, not the fastest but we were not in a rush. The site was easy to find, large and level. All our gear fit nicely on the site, just note that in July it is HOT and I mean HOT. Bathrooms were clean and well maintained as was the entire campground, except the laundry room, which need a bit of cleaning. We would go back again, but not in July, or August, or June. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Motorhome.

Bud in Florida

Very nice park. Pull thru site that was level and had a concrete patio. Nice WiFi. People helpful. Would stay there again. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Motorhome.

Kaykaydoo

Awful. Freezing cold showers. NO hot water either in the morning or at night in the bathrooms. Constant traffic alllllll night long. Be advised this rv park is attached to a trailer park and there is a whole lot of riff raft coming and going all day and all night. People pulling into and walking up to the bathrooms and showers all night long. Some look like transients. I would never ever stay here again and would advise absolutely nobody to stay here either. Don't let the cute exterior fool you. Once in the RV park this place becomes a nightmare. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Motorhome.

RV Camper 1

Staff was very friendly when checking in. All sites are at right angles to the roads and all sites are very, very narrow. When my slide was out, it was within 2' of the neighboring RV. During a heavy rain, the roadway became a mud pit. In our site near the east end of the park, WI-FI was so slow as to be nearly unusable. Kept constantly disconnecting on both mine and my wife's laptop. Huge trees provide plenty of shade, but many roots are at/above grade, making for a very uneven site. Has many amenities including laundry, pool (closed for season when we were there), small store, etc. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

NC Writer

An older KOA with some renovations including one newer shower house in the cabin area. The other bathrooms and pool were closed for the season. Cable and Wi-Fi worked (we were next to the office), and it is a good location for visiting Dinosaur NM. I believe you are paying extra just for the KOA name here, but cost seemed high for the overall appearance and off-season feel with quite a few permanent residents. I would stay elsewhere if I came this way again. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Motorhome.

Jayco1

This appears to be an old campground with pretty narrow spots for big rigs with slides. Very nice staff and everything (wi-fi, cable, power, etc.) worked amply, but staying here feels kind of like moving into a poor neighborhood. They have a pool and rent pedal cars for the kids. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Motorhome.

rustandmoss

This place is really rundown. Definitely not equipped for big rigs. Small, tight spaces. Gravel parking if you can find it for the weeds . I don't think the grass has ever been mowed. Water pressure is good. Wifi very good. Utilities mostly bad. Quite a few people living here and trashy. Won't stay here again. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Motorhome.

JonesAussies

This was a surprise, because reviews have been bad, but we found the office friendly. Sites had mostly grass, and after 10 days of sand and gravel it was nice to have some grass. Sites were extremely close, but pretty level. Dog park was also first one in 10 days that didn't have waste in it. Everything was picked up either by good responsible dog owners or the staff cleaned up. Close to the National park and town had lots to offer. Laundry was clean also. We would stay here again. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Fjlowell

We called on the way and the staff was great. Though not a member of KOA they still gave a discount for other options. Too late for the pool but did use the showers, laundry room, etc. The sunrise was spectacular Very friendly upon checking out. Will stay there again is in the area We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Motorhome.

mrvm

Pull through sites are outdated and not wide enough for any modern RV with a slide, with the exception of very few updated patio sites (as shown on their website) for a premium price. Our awning overhangs the sewer hookup next door and we have no room to place outdoor chairs. Will NOT return. Tent sites, pool, playground, and bath houses are good. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

grossd

We stayed at this campground for one night on our way to Colorado and Wyoming. The staff was friendly and accommodating on check-in. We were assigned a pull-through site. I'd hoped to leave the trailer hooked up to the truck to speed our departure the next morning. Unfortunately, the site was not long enough to accommodate both the 27' trailer and my Toyota Tundra. There was a large field behind the row we were in, where people parked their trucks and that's where we put ours. The campground has mature shade trees and grass. Traffic noise was not a problem. However, the sites are very close together, and I stress very. We had a motorhome in the site to the left and their awning came within 2' of our rig. Also, Wi-Fi is secured, which is not ordinarily a problem, but we were given a "coupon" with a code on it. At night I logged in using my iPad and got a connection. When I later tried to use Wi-Fi, it would not connect. In the morning, I attempted to use my netbook and got a message that the coupon had been used on another device and could not be used. As a result, I was not able to use Wi-Fi at all. In my opinion, the campground should not restrict which devices are used, but perhaps have a policy that only one device (iPad, computer, phone, etc.) per site can be used at any one time. Due to the small sites and Wi-Fi problems, I am giving only an average rating to this campground. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

jOHNONTHEROAD

A lot of people don't like KOA, and this is a perfect example why. Made my reservation on line, picked a spot that was claimed suitable for my rig (43ft MH with 4 slides) for $42 a night. When I got here, was told my rig would only fit in "Super Sites" at $71 a night. Since there wasn't much else in town I took it. In looking at the other spots I can see why I wouldn't fit in, if there were neighbors, they are extremely close together. The space itself is fine, has a patio with gas grill and seating area, but in the full sun so it is hot. So in short: spaces are VERY small and expensive but there isn't much else around. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Motorhome.

FiveCats&AFifthWheel

Full hook up sites are very tight, no room for slides. Run of the mill KOA, nothing special here. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Bruce and Sue

Have stayed here in the past and probably will again -- not by choice but by necessity, it's about the only game in town where you can get caught up on internet stuff. Sites are not particularly level, skinny and could be difficult for larger rigs to get into/out of. Managers/hosts are friendly and accommodating. Good spot to stay as a base for visiting Dinosaur Nat'l Monument or Flaming Gorge. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Motorhome.

OliveOil

I don't know how any place could possibly have narrower sites. Everyone is right on top of each other. Definitely would not stay again. We camped at Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Vernal / Dinosaurland KOA?