North Beach Campground

Burlington, Vermont

60 Institute Rd
Burlington, Vermont 05408

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites ?
  • Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "North Beach Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

There are mixed reviews on this campground and I can totally see why some people hate it but I'm reviewing my experience. We got in on the big rig back in side. The 1-16 sites are the best. followed by the 106-116 sites. If I could not get 1 of these sites, I would probably not stay here again. The rest of the sites are extremely crowded, placed hap hazardly and packed. With that said, this is an urban campground. The location is right on Lake Champlain and the bike trail and 1 mile from downtown Burlington and the Church St marketplace. You cannot beat the location for activities. Seriously, this bike trail is phenomenal. Also check out the causeway bike trail. The downtown area is really one of the nicest little downtowns I have ever seen. We stayed here 2 weeks and could not get enough of this place. Their free wifi was the best I have ever seen clocking in at over 100mbps. That was not a typo..100. And it was good the entire time, no dead times of the day like most places. I didn't use hotspots while I was here because of that but Verizon and ATT would have both been quite usable. Cell was just fine. They have an onsite laundry I also didn't use. Instead, we used Clothes Quarters in Winooski and it was great (clean, good neighborhood, not busy) and avg priced. Bathrooms were just fine during our stay and the sites were tidy, noise was not a problem. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Navigating through downtown was doable but I would suggest you take Main St, Right on Battery which then curves to North St. This right turn on Battery is turning onto a 2 driving lanes rather than the super tight 1 lanes which are throughout downtown. Big Rigs will have issues turning right onto 1 lanes here but Battery was no issue. Check out google street view for more detail.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $37.00

Traveling in a 38 foot coach we stayed 4 nights in a site for big rigs. Sites are grass (mostly sand). Fortunately it didn't rain so we avoided being stuck in what would have been a mud pit. Our site was spacious and backed-up to a nice wooded area which provided shade in the afternoon. The downside of that being spiders...lots of spiders. Wifi here was good. There's plenty of space to walk the dog. This park has great beach access and access to a bike trail. All in all...a pleasant place to stay. This park is located in a quiet area. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $45.00

The location is great, right on the lake in a nice wooded area. Might be odd when school is in session. The site was hard to find, no directional signs in camp and the cartoon map they give you isn't very accurate. Site was ok, but had to back down the road and back into the site. A larger trailer would've had trouble. Our section had the trailers pretty much as row homes, very close. Other sections seemed more spacious, but they've used every available spot for a tent or RV site. There was even a small tent site right behind the restroom. Wi-fi was good enough to run Netflix on our TV. Even with a full campground and being so close it was quiet at night. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Burlington is a great town to visit. Shelburne winery and Magic Hat brewery are not far away. Shopping on church street, Ben and Jerrys in Waterbury about 40 minutes away. And the campground is right on the lake, with a beach for swimming.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $41.00

We stayed on site 63, water and electric. Verizon phone service was good but the wifi service from the campground was spotty. The sites are very tight. The accompanying photo included a tent to the right of our motor home that was the next site, and a camper to the left of our green tent from the site on the left. There were also folks directly behind us. Setting up the easy-up with solid sides awarded us a measure of privacy. No sewer wasn't a big deal as we were right near the rest rooms. The rest rooms were cleaned regularly, but not thoroughly, as there was dirt build up in the corners of the showers. They were typical considering the number of campers for the available toilets. This was the only shower house for the entire campground with 3 showers per side. The sites were checked after each departure and we saw a crew going around cleaning out the fire rings. The beach and lake were beautiful and the crowning glory for this camping area. The staff was pleasant and helpful. A plus, and a drawback, is the bike trail that is directly abutting the camping area. While visiting there was a man on a bike from the trail, who was not a camper caught peeping under the shower doors of the ladies room with a mirror. He was subsequently arrested by Burlington Police Department. This is not the campground's fault but something to consider if using the facilities. Regardless, we found the stay pleasant and enjoyed the lake very much! We will stay again. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Bluebird BBQ is a highly recommended place to eat. $39 for two for a big tray of 3 different meats and four sides. Look for coupon in the guide that gives places to eat for a coupon for free 2 0z samples of beer at Switchback brewery. Also check out Magic Hat Brewery in South Burlington. It was a very good experience!

Featured Campgrounds Near North Beach Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

Our site was so unlevel that we were off the ground when we leveled with the HWH type levelers so put the levelers down and put wood under the passenger side and front of the rig and drove up on them and then put the levelers down and still the tires were almost off the wood. The grass was UNCUT at the site, there was partying going on each night, there are students from the High School walking from the school to the beach (very nice beach) and are wise guys. The beach is what makes this campground worth anything. Burlington VT is beautiful and worth a visit for sure. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

So much to do in Burlington VT

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $42.00

When I made the reservation I told her we were "big" 40 ft with a tow. We were given a site that felt way too close. Our neighbors were upset when we arrived. They played loud music until late into the night, then loud banging. We felt like he was banging on our motor home. The sites are dirt, WIFI was good, no cable, few TV stations, nice trails and beach you can walk to. We stayed only one night as we hated our site #107. There were larger sites to be had but she didn't offer anything better, even though I asked for the biggest site they had available and we were willing to pay for it. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

etp

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $42.00

This is actually a nice park if you get the right campsite because you have the beach a very short distance inside the park. Our site 107 was really the pits as if I put my awning out, it would almost hit my neighbors RV. My neighbor on my drivers side sounded like he was rummaging thru my compartments he was so close but they were locked. I looked at other reviews as they gave decent reviews but like I said, look at your site before you take it. We had full hookups and I think because we were only staying 1 night, they just gave us the crap site section. The sites were all dirt and very little grass.They don't have cable and the OTA TV channels are not great at all. I would stay here again only if I could check my site first. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $41.00

This is a good campground for bicycling. There is a path that I think takes you into downtown Burlington which was used quite extensively. They zoom around so if you're walking you better watch out. Someone almost took my dogs out with their bike. However, that is not the campgrounds fault, it is the bikers themselves. The sites are pretty close together. Ours was a little cockeyed, but we managed. There is a beach within walking distance and looked really nice. We were just there for a night so $41 was a bit steep for w/e, but I think there are enough families and bikers out there that would like this campground more than us, so I can recommend it them without reservation. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

The campground is located by banks of Lake Champlain. Short walk to the actual waterfront. There is a great bike/ walking trail right behind the campground. It runs along waterfront into town and beyond. We stayed in site 7, which is in the row of 50amp FHU sites when you first enter. The other sites further within the grounds did seem as if could be quite tight for anything big. Our site was unlevel as we sank into the grass on our front jack. Clearance obstruction when entering the park has been removed. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

This is not a "resort", nor does it have many amenities. Not that we were expecting any; just want to warn you, it's very basic. Setting is up from a beach area amongst trees. Spaces are dirt/grass and pretty level. Buildings such as the laundry are, while functional, in need of some care and maintenance. Here's the kicker....we are pulling a 33' fifth wheel with a 1 ton, 4x4, crew cab, long bed Chevy Silverado and GPS took us through VERY tight streets down through the University of Vermont campus area. Hair raising right hand turns from single lane to single lane. Then, after our final turn we found ourselves ("You have arrived") smack in front of the high school. The entry to the park was just ahead around a slight corner, out of sight. No signs announcing "RV Park" or ? ever on the approach. Beware. Yes, we'd stay again if in the area...just find a different way in. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

The key here is to pick the full hook-up sites along the road by the entrance. They are spacious, satellite friendly and easy back-ins for large rigs. Most of the sites around the oval are cramped (really crowded!), would be very hard to get a large rig in, and are usually very smoky from all the close fire pits. Having said that, I would definitely stay here again in my full-hook-up site. Easy access, close to downtown Burlington (though to say it is in walking distance is a stretch for most of us...) We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

This city-owned campground is ideally located on the shore of Lake Champlain, and is right on a terrific bike path. We travel in a 45 ft motorhome, and we did manage to get in and out of this park without incident. It was a good location to explore Burlington. The approach is challenging, with a very narrow entranceway, and a great deal of traffic and congestion. But we got through it. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

This was a really nice place to camp if you picked the full hookup sites, we did because we read the reviews. Plenty of room, level sites with good power and water pressure. The other sites were small and very crowded. Short walk to a beautiful lake front park with swimming and lifeguards. Nice walking/bike trails, about three miles to down town. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

We did a Segway tour of Burlington, lots of fun and learned a lot about the city and its history.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $41.00

Large city park on the shore of Lake Champlain. No waterfront sites, but it's an easy walk to the shore. The water & electric sites are very crowded. Lots of tents and small RVs crowed in together in the woods. Sites have a picnic table and fire ring, but if a campfire was lit, the smoke would surround the RVs. If returning, I'd pay the small differential and get one of the few FHU sites because there is space around each site and many are satellite-friendly. The few OTA TV channels do not have any national channels, but some major network programs are sporadically broadcast on the available channels. Electric power is stable. It is easy to make reservations online. The campground is conveniently located for sightseeing the Burlington area. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Take the Lake Champlain Chocolates factory tour, and visit the Birds of Vermont Museum, Sherburne Museum, Ethan Allen Homestead, and World's Largest Filing Cabinet. CostCo and Trader Joe's are nearby. Nearest Walmart is in Wiliston and is not a Super Walmart with groceries.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

This campground is very close to the city and waterfront, two big benefits. I was a little leary based on some reviews I read, but we liked it so much we are hoping to return soon. We were not able to extend our stay due to other commitments we had, otherwise we would have inquired. We stayed in the full service area for sites 1-15 and it was peaceful, level and within a very short walk to the beach. You don't need to enter through the exit any more since they have removed the overhang that previously created an issue for RVs. We camped at North Beach Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Full hookup

Bring your bike to enjoy the beautiful trail that runs along the waterfront. We also enjoyed the lovely swings situated in the shade along the impeccably clean boardwalk.

Burlington is a gem of a city to take in, so enjoy every moment!

Featured Campgrounds Near North Beach Campground

Are you affiliated with North Beach Campground ?