Ashland, Virginia

Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA)

Ashland, Virginia

• Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $49.00

This was our third one-night stay at Americamps over the past couple of years and I wouldn't hesitate staying here again. Yes, it is close to I-95, and yes there is highway noise, but even as a light sleeper, I had a good nights rest, without running the heat or A/C. After spending the day driving on I-95, who wouldn't need some rest? As it was just a stop-over on the way to Pennsylvania, we didn't spend any time outside talking with our neighbors, but we did do a lot of dog walking which gave us a good view of the park, which was overall very nice. We knew about the breakfast and met some very nice travelers while eating. I would not hesitate staying here again while traveling on I-95. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

f-24

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $51.00

Tight spaces. Road noise from I-95. This was a good place to stop for a night en-route. It would also be a good place to stay for the Richmond NASCAR races. The service was excellent. We were led to our site and the guide helped us park, making sure we were centered and clear. The sites were rather close together, but level. Lots of cable channels but too much tree coverage for our satellite. And the free waffle breakfast was a great bonus making it much easier to clean up and leave. We were there on a busy Easter weekend that meant lots of kid events, but we got in late and missed most. Located halfway between Maine and Florida, it's a good place to stop for a night. Close to I-95 but not bad for traffic noise. It was there, just not loud. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Motorhome.

E14

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $50.00

We have stayed here on many occasions, generally for the first night out and last night before returning home on north/south trips. The staff is friendly, campground clean and convenient to I-95. We were pleasantly surprised on arriving to discover they were hosting a "Spanish" New Year's Eve dinner. Also, love the morning Pancake/waffle breakfasts! We will continue to return. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Motorhome.

E-7
Fire Ring

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $50.00

We really appreciate the Americamps. We have stayed there many times when visiting family in Richmond. Now that we live in Richmond we use them to prep the coach prior to our long trips. We move the coach from our storage location to Americamps for a couple of days to get it ready for travel. They are just so nice and accommodating. The RV park is convenient for I-95 travelers, clean and well maintained. It is a bit pricey but it is really the only nice alternative in the immediate area. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Motorhome.

VIP1

Shopping in Ashland and at Virginia Center Commons is nearby. Bass Pro Shops is close. RV Service of Virginia is nearby and offers both mobile RV service and repairs.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $38.00

Fabulous experience! We are from Australia and just setting up our RV and they have been so helpful here. Nothing is too much bother. Great meeting people at the free waffle breakfasts, free dinner night and ice cream night. Washrooms are spotless and warm. Grounds are well looked after. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Motorhome.

D5

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $51.00

This was just an overnight stay for us. Sites are quite close but a pull through site accommodated our 40 foot RV with toad. Restrooms and showers are very clean. Nice dog park.

Easy access from main highway but traffic noise at night could be an issue.

The office and community buildings were spotless! Staff pleasant and eager to provide assistance.

The free waffle breakfast is fantastic! Juice, Keurig coffee cups, tea, hot cocoa and fruit cocktail complement the fresh-made Belgian-style waffles.

Grounds are well groomed. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $51.00

The staff here is always very friendly and helpful.

Out pull-thru site (full hook-ups) was almost perfectly level so we didn't bother leveling for a one-night stay (although we stayed a second night because of the hurricane).

A free waffle breakfast is offered every day but Thursday, when a free dinner of hot dogs,beans, etc is offered.

Cable TV was fine as was the WI-FI.

I-95 is very close but we just ran our floor fan at night to cover outside noise. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Motorhome.

E-9

Only went to Wal-Mart, about 10 minutes away.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $55.00

This was another highly rated RV park. While it did have the amenities listed on the web site, the place could really use some sprucing up. Some of the interior roads were paved, but most are gravel, so vehicles can make a bit of dust going by. We were in the "B" section, which was near the front of the park and the pool. The pool was never a problem, but what was a huge detractor for us was the close proximity to I-95. The freeway noise could be overwhelming at all hours of the day and night, and because it is a major highway, even at 2 AM the sounds of trucks and cars racing by was constant. We were parked next to a couple that stays there often, and their solution was to turn on the AC fan in the bedroom and run it 24/7. On the up side, our Verizon air card was blazing fast as the cell tower was only a few hundred yards from the park. The park did offer free Wifi, but I never had the occasion to try it out. The restrooms and showers were clean and handicapped accessible. They also had a new fitness center that is one of the best that I have seen in a while. We had a premium back in site with a patio, and paid $55 a night. All the utilities all worked well, and there was a reasonable amount of room between sites. The rear loops of the park are where most of the long term residents stay, and I must say was much quieter than the front. Some of the interior roads are pretty tight to navigate as well, especially in a larger rig. I had to move our Jeep for one fifth wheel pulling in as he couldn't make the turn to get down the road. The owners are very nice, and on Labor Day Sunday they brought in a games for the kids, and set up tables and starting at about 1 PM a mobile food truck showed up and cooked free burgers and fries for everyone in the park. In spite of the positive points of this park, the freeway noise was just a bit too much for us, and if in the area again we would scope out a different park to stay in. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Motorhome.

b-9

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $25.00

Except for the closeness to I95, this is an excellent RV park. We were here for a month and a half getting repairs done on our RV by the big RV dealer across the highway. Super friendly managers, great staff, very good amenities and facilities. Very good, well equipped exercise room, lots of "free" breakfasts and other meals/specials. We were on a pull thru concrete site in the new section of the park. Wi-Fi signal was very good most of the time, but slowed down occasionally (think someone was trying to stream movies). Close to a large RV dealer for parts and service, lots of nearby restaurants and shopping. We will definitely be staying here again. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

C15

Visit the big Bass Pro Shot across I95. Also, try Q-BBQ on Rt 1.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $41.00

My price included tax and discount. A very popular place with extensive amenities. Upon entry I was greeted by friendly staff, and escorted to my back-in site. Main roads paved, gravel, level sites. Offered free Bingo, and waffles in the morning. This is a great place for transients, and those who may want to visit Richmond. I just stayed 1 night and did not check everything they offer. Sites are fairly close together, but not cramped. Air Park Road is being realigned, but GPS will get you to the entrance. Park is close to I-95, and there is highway noise outside. I did not find this a problem in my coach. Definitely will stay here again. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Motorhome.

D-15

Popular, large campground. I was happy to reserve a day ahead.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $50.00

Nice park over all, there are a few places towards the rear that have workers staying and it gets a little junky looking. We were in the F row on the way north and in the E row on the way south which was much nicer. Friendly staff and the escort you to your site to make sure you get in and hook ups are to your satisfaction. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

E14

There are shops nearby, as well as a Dunkin Donuts for a great cup to start the day. Large RV dealer just up the road for parts if needed, and a large fishing/boating store nearby also. Crackerbarrel restaurant just up an exit from the campground with gas stations nearby.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

This was the second time we have stayed here while in the Richmond area. It is very convenient to downtown Richmond as well as surrounding stores and restaurants. We would definitely stay here again, and have always found it to be clean and well-maintained. They sell propane on the premises. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $51.00

This was an overnight stop for us. The park had lots of poor drainage areas with standing water. The walkways to the bathrooms were limestone and several areas were very muddy because of a lack of limestone. My husband had to stand in puddles of water to plug in the electric. I realize that the park management cannot control the weather, but for this price they should be spending time and money to fix the drainage issue and control the amounts of standing water and mud. The convenience to the interstate was great and the bathrooms were clean, but we would not stay here again because of the price to stay in a site with so much standing water. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

E-13

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $50.00

We have a big rig, and the sites were just large enough for our rig, & had to park the truck in another site. Sites were clean & level, not too wide though. Power & water supply adequate. Turns in the park were tight as there is a ton of trees. Rain made for numerous pot holes & puddles. We did have a satellite friendly site. Staff was extremely friendly. WiFi we did not use. Park needs some TLC. You will hear the interstate road noise. A lot of full time residents in the back. If needed we would consider returning here. We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $50.00

We typically stay here on our first night out when heading south or the last night before we return home. It is conveniently located just off I-95 with two gas stations at the exit. The staff is always pleasant and the campground in predictably clean. Highly recommended! We camped at Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA) in a Motorhome.

E-4

Are you affiliated with Americamps RV Resort (formerly Richmond North / Americamps KOA)?