Skyline Ranch Resort

• Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Skyline Ranch Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $30.00

The desk help was very good and pleasant. Front half of the "resort" was nice with some need of cleaning up but generally nice. The sites were small with many long term renters. Our site did not have a picnic table and it would not have fit in the areas adjacent to our parking spot anyway. Friends were reserved to stay across from us in brand new sites, but they were not even completed. We were told we could park 2 vehicles at our site, but we could not even park one. We parked in one of the incomplete sites. Many sites were being built or updated, but while gravel had been laid, they were not not level enough to use. Good area, nice price and nice people. I hope they make the improvements needed. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $30.00

This area of VA is just breathtaking. Take time to enjoy the views! The campground has both full and part time campers. Our site was difficult to back into and also to get level. We had to put out 30' of sewer hose. Thankfully we had that much with us. The picnic table was very unstable and we notified the office. Nothing was done. The dumpster across from our site, was the place the bear, that lives nearby, comes to every night and strews trash everywhere. I asked the office why they didn't get a different dumpster, I know they make dumpsters that are bear proof, she didn't seem concerned, which is a shame, you can see this bear being labeled a "problem" by wildlife officials. The outcome won't be good. The interior roads are in good shape. We saw numerous campers drive around several times trying to find their sites, some hard to find. No one escorted you to your site. This park has the potential to be outstanding with the proper management. I will look for another park next time we are in the area. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $30.00

Have stayed here 3 times overnight easy in easy out .The staff is very friendly and helpful. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $15.00

Skyline Ranch Resort (SRR) could be a top-tiered facility with some effort and small investment. Not necessarily in order of importance, management should undertake to improve in four areas. First, upgrade the reservation system: we've stayed at since 2005 and our arrivals have rarely been smooth (this time, it was completely lost, so we ended up in a less-than-satisfactory campsite). Second, upgrade and maintain the fitness room's equipment: while SRR deserves kudos for this amenity, there are three cheap treadmills, one of which works (the non-functioning equipment has been broken since for at least ten months). Third, install satellite antennae and distribute the signal to more of the park: satellite television reception is unavailable on most of SRR's sites, but there are already utility poles on which antennae could be mounted. Last, improve the publicized property description: warn incoming campers that site facilities require extraordinarily long wastewater hoses, for example, as SRR already warns against following GPS directions. Make the investment, people! We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Skyline Ranch Resort

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $10.00

This park is a real hidden gem. I stayed because of the location but will definitely drive way out of my way to return. Everyone is friendly and accommodating. The park is very well maintained. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots to do in the area but don't miss the horseback riding at the park with little Bree leading the way. The town of Front Royal has an historic district with a walking tour. Two caverns close by; Luray and Skyline. Enjoy the Skyline Drive thru Shenandoah forest. Definitely do some horseback trail riding.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $80.00

This was a last minute reservation over Memorial Day. We paid an extra $20 per night for the holiday. The Wi-Fi was additional. The campground staff were friendly. Unfortunately our campsite was not very good (site#56). This site was tightly packed to those next to it, like a parking lot. The sewer connection had to be downhill so it was on the wrong side of the camper and required an extension (20' total needed). Also indicating that the site needed leveling (added 5" levelers). When we talked to the staff they offered to change sites, but we had set up already so stayed there. We asked providing us Internet for the weekend in return, which they willingly did. Unfortunately the Internet was BAD, very very slow, and disconnected frequently. I was very glad that we did not pay for the Internet. Also the location is sparsely serviced by Verizon. The other camp facilities were satisfactory and the campers around us were friendly. If we had not paid so much, likely we would have not been so disappointed. Overall, okay, but not likely to return. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $60.00

My wife and I stayed at this place referred to as a "resort". Facilities were run down, except for swimming pool. Water was terrible, brown in color. I was told it was ok, just had iron in it. But of course, they sold bottled water. We stayed here during the Appaloosa Music festival over Labor Day Weekend. We paid for but were not allowed to use shower or restroom facilities, being told the "health department had shut them down". Even when we were leaving on Labor Day (festival was over) my wife was not allowed to use the restroom because we were "with the appaloosa festival". I would never encourage anyone else to use this campground. Overpriced and not in good repair. Most every state campground facilities are much nicer and more well kept. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Just long enough for my tent trailer

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

Nice park. Very rural. Roads very narrow. Be wary of overhanging limbs on road to and especially from park. Get directions from their web page. DO NOT TRUST YOUR NAV. AID!!!! Fire pit overgrown with grass as was the picnic table. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $55.00

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. Normal rate was $60 but with Passport America it was $30 plus $20/night for holiday weekend and $5 for 50 amp. Joining me was my son and his two kids (15 and 11). The last couple miles of road from Front Royal is narrow, so be prepared for it. I used their physical address and came from the East so my Garmin GPS took me to their driveway. They have a petting farm area and my grand daughter fell in love with a few of the animals. The office staff was very friendly and helpful in giving me directions on how to get back to 81 south. In site 7 the sewer connection was at least 2 hoses away and it was about 2 feet off the ground, so it was difficult to drain the tanks. Not sure the $20 additional was worth the fireworks show they had on July 3rd. It is close to the entry of Shenandoah Parkway where we spent two days hiking and sightseeing. I would stay here again if we were in the area, but not on a holiday weekend. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Motorhome.

The Shenandoah Parkway is a must and there are some caverns in the area that could be visited.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $20.00

Beautiful campground with mountain views near the Skyline Drive. Very dog friendly, had one of the best dog parks we have seen. Separate fenced area for small and large dogs. Had a petting zoo that the grandkids loved. A horse stable at the campground as well, and horseback riding is available, although we did not do that. Great playground for the kids, beautiful pool. Had a variety of activities to do, pool table, ping pong, mini golf, shuffleboard, a weight room, jacuzzi and a great lounge area. Had no trouble getting our 39 foot fifth wheel into our site 7. Our site faced an empty open field which also has the softball and beach volleyball courts. Campground has a cafe on site which we used and enjoyed. Campground also has recycling bins set up for campers to use, a plus for us. Staff was very helpful and courteous. We also rented one of the cabins for the weekend for our daughter and grandkids. They loved the bunk room, and it worked great for them for the weekend. The cabins are older, but clean. This campground was very quiet and peaceful, and we loved hearing the chickens and the donkey. Wi-Fi is pay Wi-Fi, which we did just one day. We would definitely return. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $1.00

We are owners and keep our motor home at Skyline Ranch Resort all summer except when we are traveling. We love being there in our "second home." We do not use the facilities as we have our own bathroom and shower. The resort has improved a lot over the last few years. Swimming pool is amazing. The chalets are very nice and cabins are rustic. The dog park is the best in any campground where we have stayed and we have visited many. We travel with two dogs. We have a level site that is long with a nice view of the pool and next to the ice cream parlor. If we have this site next year, we will add sod. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

Under normal circumstances, I am a travel trailer camper. My stay at this "resort" was in a cabin, but I looked at the facility with the experienced eyes of a rv camper. I found the site sizes to be average. The roads were tighter and more narrow and looked to be an issue with bigger rigs. I did walk to one of the shower houses....DISMAL! Very outdated looking and had not been cleaned in several days as there was a large, dried fecal smudge on the floor that had animal tracks in it and there were black shoe prints all over the floor. No effort had been made to mop or clean anything. The added fees for use of the ATM were outrageous. And if you want a scoop of ice cream be prepared to part with an arm and a leg...$3.49 for a single scoop. And based on the scoop size, you'd think they were scooping gold bouillon. I was actually glad that we didn't have our camper, but also sad that I had to stay in one of the disgusting "rustic" cabins. "Rustic" translates into very small, extremely filthy, outdated space. Not sure who they keep around as the cleaning crew, but they must be visually impaired and have no olfactory sense. There were visible cobwebs and spiders in every room. I did not get the shower curtain closed well enough and some water splashed out on the floor. I made a visibly clean spot on the dirty linoleum just by rubbing my foot around with a wet paper towel. The steps on the front of the cabin were loose and rotting. The maintenance crew came to "fix" the step, which consisted of an inadequate patch to prop up the sagging corner. I pity the fool who spends hard-earned money to rent this dump then has the misfortune of being the person to fall through the steps and then pay a doctor office co-pay for a tetanus shot. I see no reason on this earth to ever go to this place again. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Cabin.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $15.00

Fair Park/Certainly not a "resort". Level gravel full hookup sites. 50 amp and wifi at extra cost. Cell good. Good restaurant and pool area. Small store. 5 or 6 minutes to Shenandoah N.P. Pretty hard to get to from any direction. Water is bad. It is really muddy. We did not notice until we started to leave. Had to buy new outside, in line, AND refrigerator filters! We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $15.00

Lady who works in front office, has an attitude problem. Bathrooms in clubhouse had ancient rusty hardware, showers and curtains were old and moldy, carpet smelled moldy.

Kids playground was old and in need of upgrading.

The new pool and restaurant are the the only things worth staying around for. Won't stay here again. Bring in your own water, their water killed my water filters. Try not to talk to the woman in the front office. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $17.00

We are here as RPI members and I expected a rate of $10 a night. However, upon arrival I was told that since my rig is wired for 50 amps I had to take a 50 amp site (normally 50 amp rigs have two air conditioners but ours has only one so we do fine on 30 amps) and that it was going to cost me another $5 a night. Then, when I paid with my credit card I was charged another $6. Our $10 a night quickly turned into almost $17 a night. The majority of the campground is in nice woods with a view of the mountains which pretty much surround the campground. However, we found ourselves in the last campsite parked in a small field - at least I was able to get satellite with no problems and we have a big front yard, sadly, there's no mountain view. There are several nice features here: a nice activity center, a big pool, a nifty mini-golf course, a min-chapel that hosts regular church services, and several activities scheduled for the weekend. We’re literally 10 minutes from Skyline Drive and Shenandoah National Park and about an hour from Washington DC. There’s strong Wi-Fi but it’s $3 a day. I’ve opted to stay on my Verizon hotspot even though it’s a weak 3G (and that's using a Wilson Sleek booster). I note that several reviews mention stinky water. We haven’t found that however my external water filter is now very dirty and needing to be changed after just five nights here. I'm giving the campground a 7 overall, but this particular site probably rates as a 5 or 6. We camped at Skyline Ranch Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Skyline Ranch Resort

Are you affiliated with Skyline Ranch Resort ?