Stoney Creek Resort

Recent Rate: $14 11/2015

Latitude: 37.988612082791

• Verizon Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly ?
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $14.00

This is just my second day here and unfortunately based on the more positive reviews elsewhere (shame on me) I paid for a month, needing to be in the area for a couple weeks. I should have noticed how long ago those reviews were written. Not only is the park full of full timers (not seasonal recreation users) but management allows them to turn their areas into junk yards---many do---and unfortunately, right across from my door is somebody's junk yard for me to look at every time I go out. There were barking dogs last night and this morning with their owners yelling at them to shut up-- but apart from that it is quiet--so far. I am staying here after the end of the season (November) and many of the summer folks have covered their units (or not) and have left. I can only imagine what it must be like in the summer. The sites are all back-ins and mine was quite uneven, requiring levelers on one side. I write this review early in my stay to warn others who at this moment may be considering a stay here--if you need an overnight stay it might be OK but it is so far out of the way from the highway it would hardly be worth the trouble. On the positive side, the WiFi is good and the nights are pleasingly dark--no artificial light. The hookups were in convenient locations and easy to hook up. The rate I cited is based on what I paid at the monthly rate. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $40.00

The previous posts all have valid points. However, there are a lot of good things about this campground also. I did some investigating and talked to a lot of the seasonal campers. The park is gradually making a lot of improvements. Electrical service was upgraded throughout the campground over the past couple of years. The wifi is being upgraded (I got really fast service). Sites are being upgraded with fresh gravel. Sites are big for the most part. The lake is nice and the mini- golf is scheduled for rebuild next spring. They serve dinner and breakfast on the weekends. Food is very good and plentiful. Definitely a transitional state right now. Yes, very predominately seasonal campers, but they are very friendly. The entry road is rough, but the campground tries to maintain it at their expense although it is a county road. It was just graded when we arrived, but a big thunderstorm washed a lot of gravel out the next day. Not a "high class" resort, but we would stay here again. Would rate it higher as more improvements are made. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Waynesboro, not far away. Lots of nice shops and cafes downtown on Main St.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $43.00

This park has about 98% of full timers or seasonal full timers. The 2% left are people who forgot to read the RV park review before making a reservation. The last 1/2 mile is on a road that is literally disintegrating. The road in their park is just as bad.

Women's restroom was OK, but men's was never cleaned or restocked in our 4 day stay. Since the park caters to long timers there appears to be no rules as to what or how much stuff you can have at your site. Refrigerators, patios bigger than the RV, furniture, and garden gnomes are prolific. Many have fenced in their property so they can keep their overflowing stuff safe. They do not offer a Good Sam discount. No Wi-Fi and no cable. The sites are incredibly un-level and do not get cleaned between campers or forever by the looks of it. The lady that checked us in at 1:30pm had PJs on. On Saturday they had a live band at their pond/beach which lasted until 11:30pm. You didn't need to attend to hear it from all ends of this huge park. We won't be back. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $44.00

Was here for only one night which was OK. Upon arriving we were given a back-in site in which we were told was gravel topped but it had landscaping bark instead...not acceptable for leveling. Staff was able to move us to a different site and was able to fit OK. Roads inside campground are tight as well as spaces. Lots of full timers. Beach area and lake looked nice but not impressed with the RV sites. Road leading into park is a terrible road for driving down. According to office it's the county's fault not theirs. Thought price was high for the type of campground and RV site we had. No satellite service with all the trees, but full hookups with 50 amps. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Went into Staunton for a nice dinner at Mill Creek...good food.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $18.00

You should probably pass by this one. They lost our reservation but were nice and attentive at the store. We were put in a back back back row between some shady permanent campers. The hose bib leaked and made a nice puddle. The bath/shower rooms were bad. Awakened in the morning by sewage plant smell. This was really disgusting, like being outside the gate at a treatment plant. Mmmmm...bacon and eggs and sewer gas. Overall, not an uplifting experience. The many comments about the approach road are basically true, but it wasn't all that bad or impassable. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $10.00

As everyone has said previously, access roads deplorable, campground roads deplorable. Long way from town or any shopping. Campsites are large, had full hookups. There are many permanent campers. Office, lake, and putt putt area, laundry, etc. are quite a distance from the campsites. No cable, VERY spotty over the air TV, could not connect to Wi-Fi at site. Camped here with a tow vehicle. Camped in 49 states, this is one of the worst. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Definitely shop and get groceries before coming into this park. You will not want to drive in and out on the park or access roads unless you have to.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $19.00

Rate is Passport, tax included. Road incoming is rough, but I believe is a public road, and not subject to park maintenance. Roadways in park are narrow with close-by trees. I'd hate to come in here after dark. Men's toilet room filthy. Our pull thru site required unhooking, it was so out of level. On departure, it will require backing out as roadway in front is so elevated (in relation to site), I'm afraid bed will hit overhang of the RV. So we'll take a round-about-way out. We would not come back as there are better alternatives. Walmart for example. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $21.00

The rate Reflects Pass Port America; I would not pay full price for this place. Very very disappointing, as other reviews have mentioned the road coming in was unbelievably bad, pretty hard on my coach and car. At first the park looked real nice and then when I checked in and saw the camping area it was a disaster. The sites are not level at all, as a matter a fact using my leveling system I had both front wheels about 4-6 inches off the ground. They do have a pool but it is far away from the sites, some rest rooms were fair others I did not want to go into for fear of what it was. The Wifi is useless and there are not sites that would allow my dish to work at least that what I was advised by the staff, it seemed like my asking about dish working was a bother to the staff, they were not a help at all, it looked like there were sites that would have worked with the dish and there was not anyone camping on them all while we were there. I would avoid this place at all cost, In the future I will take to heart the reviews. We WILL NOT return to this place. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $21.00

Passport Rate for the stay. Road going in is Very rough for the last 1/2-3/4 miles. Park roads are dusty, twisty, and narrow in spots. Park claims Wi-Fi but I could never get connected to it. Our site was heavily wooded so no satellite. Off-air TV was spotty. Don't know how others missed the pool, but it is there and fully functional. Folks here are very proud that they switched it to salt water to be more environmentally friendly. Same with the new laundry facilities. Lake is nice and clean and our dog took full advantage of it. Lots of seasonals and lots of semi-locals on the weekends. Many golf carts driven by all ages at all hours. We had a teenagers gathering at the pavilion next to our site at 1 AM Sat. night. Much longer and I would have called security. Overall, facilities are adequate and park is probably more likable when it is less full. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $21.00

The rate quoted is PA. I do not understand why this is called a resort. I never saw a swimming pool, only a lake. It's a winding way off the interstates that would be difficult if not impossible to find at night. Turning onto Lake Rd to access the park, the road is wide enough but paved only in the middle with dirt and gravel on either side. No foliage to scratch the camper but NOT a campground we would have stayed at if we had seen it in advance. There are only 2 bathhouses for nearly 200 spots. Some of the access roads are dirt and most of the spots are Very unlevel. A travel trailer or 5th wheel with lots of leveling devices might make out OK. We never got level so our refrigerator did not run right and we could not open pocket doors. The staff was very nice and this could be an excellent campground but it is not for a motor home over 30 feet and/or with a toad. We would never stay here again. So, campers beware. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $21.00

Rate is FHU with Passport Amer. The main entrance road (Lake Road) is pretty rough. There is no way I would attempt coming in through the town of Vesuvius. Very tough hills and tight turns. The campground has a pool but it looks non-functional. They have a nice sandy beach for swimming at the lake. The water was very clean. There are lakeside sites and near-Lake side sites that rate from very good to average. However, there are a lot of old, run-down permanent rigs on most of the other sites. Too bad they don't make the owners clean up their sites. It makes the whole campground look shabby. Laundry room, Rec room and store was excellent. Mini-golf was worthless. Fishing was wonderful since you can walk all around the lake safely. Streams running through the campground were nice too. Staff is friendly and helpful. The status of the bath houses are a mystery to me. Some are very very very old! Some look brand new but not functional. I would come here again but only because I know what sites to ask for next time. The one we were give was pretty good. I would hate to show up on a busy weekend and get stuck back with the junk. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $3.00

Call park before you go and get directions. GPS will take you through small town and narrow roads. Road into park is pitted with potholes as well as road to your site. Laundry room was nice and clean with new w/d. We used Coast to Coast points and stayed 4 nights. It was located for easy access to points of interest. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $50.00

The road into this park off the main road, which is about 1 mile long, is the worst campground approach road I've ever driven on. It's full of pot holes, broken pavement, uneven surfaces and dirt. If you value your springs, shocks, tires and axles, you will not like this road. Check in was easy and quick. The clerk was friendly and helpful. All interior roads in the park are dirt. The park is large, with large sites, and is on a very nice lake. It's heavily wooded and since it was fall, the leaves were beautiful. Our site was very long and wide on the lake. It was easy to back into. This park has lots of amenities and, if it were properly maintained, has a lot to offer. Unfortunately, the maintenance was very poor. For instance, around our site, there was loose garbage, an old broken up deck, and two discarded outdoor carpets left behind by previous tenants. A neighbor told me that she had complained about the carpets but no one had cleaned them up. There were several junk cars at adjoining sites. Most every site, including ours, was covered in weeds and some type of wood fibrous shrub growing out of the site parking. This is unfortunate has the park has a great deal of potential. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $25.00

With relatively new owners who are doing their best to clean up this formerly dilapidated park, this place has a lot of potential. The scenery is nice and it's really pleasant most of the time. We arrived in time to catch the park's annual haunted house event, which was really a lot of fun and free to campers. Now, if I wanted to nitpick about the park itself, I would say that: 1) There are a lot of long-term residents who really need to clean up their surroundings. 2) The campground can fit larger rigs but there are tight turns, lots of low trees and really poorly designed hookup locations. Our sewer hose barely reached the connector and our overall length is only 26'. 3) The gravel on each site is a real PITA, we had to use 4wd to get enough traction to park. The one thing that really got me down on Stoney Creek was the non-stop leaf blowing and burn piles that went on the entire week we were here. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $15.00

The pool is very small. There are lots of people with loud radios here. Lots of places were very rundown and it looks like people live here full time. Many different kinds of structures up on campsites: fences, outbuildings, etc. Lots of improvement needed. We stayed here as Coast to Coast Members and although it was ok, we would expect our membership to provide for a nicer environment. Just couldn't take the junky sites with falling about campers, junk all around, all kinds of pet fencing, etc. We camped at Stoney Creek Resort in a Motorhome.

Lee Hi Campground

Lexington, Virginia

Glen Maury Park

Buena Vista, Virginia

Skyline Ranch Resort

Front Royal, Virginia

Are you affiliated with Stoney Creek Resort?