Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray

Luray, Virginia

Recent Rate: $80 8/2014

User3662

We stayed a week here. It's a great place for kids. Just about everything is included in the cost of the site. Ours kids are teens and they still used all the attractions. Our site (204) was very level, had a nice cement pad. The cable box is a good 20 feet away so bring a long coaxial cable with you. We were escorted to the site but the "ranger" said he wasn't supposed to help guests back in. Fortunately some friendly campers jumped in to help. This row of motorhome sites has the best views in the park. 204 is directly across from the playground, which was fine with us but if you want quiet you might get one in another row or further away from campground. I had a couple of issues with electric and they handled it quickly. It's hard to reach the front desk by phone. There is one person working there who I think has been there a little too long. However, the young staff was very friendly. Overall, its a nice park. The "rangers" we called the Yogi PoPo and it did seem sometimes like were the "inmates" as opposed to customers. But that didn't ruin the trip. When they say "Quiet Time" is 11 PM, they mean it. All kids have to be back on the site at 11, which is early in the summer, for our kids anyway. The washing machines are clearly marked as "cold water only". The dryers were very good. The store is nice and has a lot of RV supplies. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Motorhome.

pacpiper

If you've got kids then this is the place. It was crowded, with golf carts everywhere, but the staff made an attempt to keep everything flowing and safe. Pool area/attractions were great but not as nice as other Jellystones we've visited. A little on the hilly side if you venture up near the top (Laser tag, etc...) Even with the remote location there is still plenty to do in the surrounding area. Skyline drive, Luray Caverns, and a multitude of Civil War sites, to name a few. Staff was very pleasant and honestly seemed interested in what they were doing. I wouldn't necessarily go back because I like visiting different areas but I would definitely recommend it to a family with kids! We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Motorhome.

Beth B

Lots to do for the kids. Price is high, but includes everything the kids want to do. Pools are nice. Bathrooms are horrible - hair everywhere, mold in shower stall tiles, overly humid and wet. If it weren't for all the kids' activities we wouldn't go. There are other, nicer campgrounds in Luray. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Tent Trailer.

grumpysgal

Unfortunate, this park is going the way of all Jellystone parks. Full of construction for new cabins and over the top water parks. It's geared for families with kids and not much else. Golf carts are for rent and have become a major headache flying all over the park at all hours. That said, the staff is wonderful and very helpful, cable is still a work in progress and ours was not great. They also have some water drainage issues on the upper level near the bath house and we had to change sites when we got there after a heavy rain. Bath houses could use some updates, but are very clean and taken care of. If your looking to have a fun time with kids or grand kids, this is the place (age restriction for water slide so read the rules carefully), but if your an older couple wanted to R & R this is not the place for you. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Motorhome.

TheBruns'

We love camping here! So many things to do with our grandsons. We have camped here throughout the year and always have a good time! We will camp here again! We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

We wouldn't want to be here on a busy weekend or during summer vacation time, when families with kids are all over the place enjoying themselves, but our mid-week stay was nice and peaceful for several days. The office staff was very courteous and helpful, and the overall facilities were better than average. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Motorhome.

cmpinva

I had heard some good things about the Jellystone Park in Luray so decided to try it for a weekend. We stayed one night out of three reserved. Our site was very small, with our awning just a few feet from the trailer next to us. This park is very busy and was packed. I thought the $17 extra fee per person for mini-golf, swimming, and other activities was a bit much. I was unable to use the Wi-Fi, but didn't bother talking to anyone about it. We ended up in Shenandoah and had a great time with much more space. Cons: - Wi-Fi didn't work - very crowded - space between units - extra costs for facilities Pros: - There did appear to be some other larger spaces - could be fun during the slow season when its not so crowded? We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Travel Trailer.

mahill526

The pros: super nice staff, clean facilities and lots for kids to do,fairly level sites,WiFi and cable worked well. The cons: you are really packed in tight, we were maybe 15 ft from neighbors on either side. Even the red carpet sites were close together for the extra money. We stayed over July 4th and it was packed everyday. I think next time we will choose another campground just for a little more space and less money. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Travel Trailer.

Katherinemichele

Site is OK size, near bathrooms, on a slant though. Our RV broke down on the day we were supposed to leave. Went to office to let them know, said they would sent a ranger/ maintenance man up, never came. Had triple A come out, useless. Spent the night. Next day no luck, went to office again and mangers only response was that we have to pay. Clearly we had to but how about some assistance and compassion. Family campground I expect concerned helpful people. Next we decide we need to hit up a parts store, we ask the front desk and they say call a taxi. Thankfully a ranger over heard that and offered a ride. Cost of repairs and 2 extra nights stay plus food and they still are rude? Not what I would have expected! Things happen and I know that but offering assistance or not being upfront and rude about needing to pay would have been a nicer way to handle it when it clearly was a huge problem. Just seemed worried about the money. On top of that they need an event planner for the kids. Root beer chugging contest was 2 sips, soccer was 4 cones widely spread with just a ball and ton of kids, not once did we see yogi or boo boo. Oh they had a slime relay that couldn't have gone any worse, not enough slime to even do it! Arcade games busted, pool filled with bugs, slide is just one, not really fun. And for the price they should really not charge for pool, laser tag and golf. I've been to much better parks than this one. Only plus is people in Virginia are very nice minus the staff. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Motorhome.

MerryKalia

Park was crowded with only 2 or 3 sites empty. Lots and lots of kids. Wi-Fi was OK, but crowded and kept having to switch between 3 different networks. Kids had a great time, but we did have to purchase a $17 pass for each one to play putt putt and use the waterslide and paddle boats. We will return. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Travel Trailer.

RVingMama

We are fans of Jellystone Parks. They have lots of activities for my kids. This park was no different ~ 2 pools, water slide ($), 2 bouncy pillows, laser tag ($), mini golf ($), play ground. For many of these, you have to pay additional, but my kids got their money's worth. The campground is clean, store well stocked, friendly staff, escort to site. There are NO seasonal sites. It was Memorial Day weekend so the campground was full. It's close to Luray Caverns, rafting/tubing down Shenandoah and Skyline Drive. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Travel Trailer.

funkster22

A very nice beautiful view. Would have thought they'd have longer hrs for the concession stand. A kids dream come true. Nice laundry. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Motorhome.

rkw99

We stayed a week at this Jellystone Park. It seems like a great place for kids ages 7-12. Our kids were a bit younger and I did not feel comfortable with our 6 year old going on the waterslide (although ages 5 and up are allowed) so we did not purchase the wristband ($13 per day or $17 for the entire stay). The wristband is also good for the mini golf, laser tag, pedal boats. For a 7 day stay like we did, it would have been a good deal but it seems kind of high for a weekend which is when most people are here. It was very crowded on the weekend but not overly noisy from what I could tell. The weekdays were very nice and quiet. We had a nice level site down close to the pool but most of the sites are on the hill so I can appreciate what some other reviewers said about the hill. I would not want to be on the hill. It seems everybody had a golf cart but us and at $40-$50/day rental, not something I would do and all those golf carts got a little annoying after a while. The campground does not seem big enough to warrant all those carts. In all my years of RVing, I have never seen so many. As far as the scheduled activities, they seemed to always start a few minutes late, but another family complained the water balloon launch was over 2 minutes after it was supposed to start. The free crafts are lame, I think they want you to buy one of the ceramics or pillowcases or t-shirts to color. And they make you pay for Tie Dye even if you bring your own shirt: $3! We tie dyed somewhere else and if you brought your own shirt, it was free. Also the ladies on the staff at the organized activities were not enthusiastic at all. They seemed to be bothered by the whole thing. We had a good time overall and when the kids get a bit older it would be really great I think. Also, there is not a lot of shade at this campground. The jumping pillows, playground and the field were brutal in last week's heatwave. They need a few more of the nice big shade awnings like they have at the pool. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Travel Trailer.

Poppa_x3

I have to say that the activities at the park supersede any other campground in the area. Unfortunately I felt that the rules are not enforced properly specifically noise discipline. Several families close to us played games ALL night long and were very intoxicated. (family park??) This was brought to the attention of two rangers and I was disappointed to say that no action was taken. I took note that most of the rangers are "greeters" and apparently were not in the business of enforcing anything. The kids had a great time, sites were tight, but utilities worked well. I needed to take an extra day off when I got home to get a least 1 night of sleep. I think I would pick a premium spot if there is a next time as they are more spacious. (The regular full-hookups were tight). I'm not sure if I would return...Economy not so good and money is tight I believe I would rather spend my money at a more accommodating park We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Travel Trailer.

Nancy Schumacher

Loved this campground! Spacious, some shaded sites, some weren't. Gorgeous view of the Blue Ridge Mountains, so many activities for the kids. Very clean sites, we had a Red Carpet site with a concrete pad for the picnic table. Plenty of paved roads, some roads were gravel. The store was huge and well stocked with everything and anything. The water slide was a real hit with our 6-year old, the pools were nice and clean too. We have already booked for the 4th of July and another weekend in August. You can't go wrong by reserving here: well worth the money. The Wi-Fi doesn't work well at all, at least not for us Verizon people. But we were so busy, we didn't miss the Wi-Fi. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Luray?