Madison, Virginia

Thursday: Closed
Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 5:00pm

Hours above shown for timezone: America/New_York

• Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $49.00

We came in March. We arrived late after office closed, and left the next morning before office opened. (The registration material was left for us.) Very few others in campground, but still had a security gate. Shower okay. Nice area to walk dogs. Lot spacing was spacious and mostly shady. Site surface was gravel. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $46.00

Great wooded campground. Loved our stay. Nice clean shower and laundry well maintained. have a stock store and they sell propane. The owners and the staff of work campers are helpful and friendly. Can't wait to come back in June for a two-week stay. We love coming in October for there Halloween Haunt makes for a great weekend lots of good things going on in this campground during year. They have full hookups including cable TV. One of my favorite campgrounds. See you in June. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $42.00

We have camped at this campground several times. That is to say their is no other ones around. The staff (owner-female) has been rude at times and comes across as just doing business and comes across as she doesn't care if your their or not. The campground road is in need of repair gravel and paved sections have holes and many puddles and mud collect, causing the rig to sway side to side. The exit loop has several large holes and wash outs on the turns. The sites at in need of some care. Mostly leaves and sticks on the ground. Not tidy for the price. The pool is there, but was not open on our visit. Water/electric/sewer all good. WiFi needs improvement This used to be a KOA. But not any more. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $45.00

The firs remarks out of the mouth of the "check in" person was "someone needs to get that dog on a leash!" Overall the park wasn't crowded and it was quiet, which was what I was looking for. You can still hear some road noise from US29, but the rest of the surroundings minimized that. Our site needed mowing when we were there. The facilities seemed in need of upkeep. When we were packed up and ready to pull out, I went to the bath house to wash my hands. They were being cleaned, so I asked if I could wash my hands. I was snapped at with "just give me 10 minutes". Given the negatives, it was still a relaxing park and a positive experience. I would probably stay here again. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $55.00

Staff is the worst I've ever seen in 40 years of camping. They take all the fun out of a relaxing weekend. Very rude. The place is falling apart. Huge ruts to drive through and the sites are horrible and run down. Too many other decent campgrounds in better locations. Find one of those! We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $47.00

They charge for everything. Campground is run down. It used to be a KOA, not anymore, it is a dump. The place was deserted on a gorgeous spring weekend. Small sites, the people come around everyday and grill you, and I mean grill you about where you got every stick of wood. They want you to buy it from them.

Check out is at noon, and I started to pack up at 1115 - only takes me 20 minutes to get done. They made a point of telling me I better speed it up because it would be $2 an hour if I was late. So then, not 1, but 2 staff members in two separate golf carts watched me (they tried to hide) to make sure I left on time. The second I pulled out, they disappeared. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $44.00

We came back for the fun in October. They have Halloween for 3 weekends and you can go to a nearby Apple Harvest Festival that is loads of fun. They deliver firewood when it's paid for and are great with directions to get places. Used to be a KOA, but it seems to be more outgoing and friendly now that they are private again. Whatever their reasons were, we like it! Site was awesome, Bathhouse was really clean, and Wi-Fi worked great! Absolutely plan to come back! We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $40.00

We were told by the person taking our reservation request via telephone how much she hates this park and KOA! During our stay her comments about KOA were verbally reinforced by the owner. This place was more like a residential park then a campground. Very few campers on Customer Appreciation Weekend which is when we camped. It needs updating and owners who care! The grounds are over grown. The road is in dire need of resurfacing, etc, etc!. All in all not a good experience. Will not stay here again! We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $50.00

The roads are in horrible shape. I just got my wheels aligned and feared that I may have to do so again. One of the owners is rude. On arrival there was no power at the pedestal. Another campground worker called, but this owner showed up. He didn't answer questions, told me that the dogbone I'd connected to change from 50 amp to 30 amp to see if there was power to either connection would burn up my electrical system, stalked off, came back, and yelled at me to turn off my generator. We finally got power turned on, and it was uneventful after that. The pool is so old and disgusting that we would not get in it. The bath house roof leaks and has a tarp covering it. The campground has far too many rules (no bike riding in the park without a helmet; wash your feet before you go into the pool area). The general feeling is old, worn out, unfriendly, and unkempt. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $42.00

The owners work very hard, you can see it in all they do. They just finished a new roof on the restroom (hence the tarp), cutting branches and twigs, mowing, building a new ship for the playground, and more I expect. Pool was wonderful and so refreshing! Owners couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Neighbors dogs kept barking the whole time, but that's not the campground's fault. Will definitely come back! We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $51.00

Stayed here Memorial Day weekend. Overall a nice place. The children in our group enjoyed the jumping pillow and the planned activities. Stocked lake was nice for fishing. We didn't get to enjoy the pool because it was early in the season, but it looked very nice and inviting. Wi-fi wasn't the best; that is the only complaint. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $36.00

We camped with a group and had a wonderful time. Owners and workers very pleasant and accommodating. One worker even stopped by our group fire and sang campfire songs for us. Campground was well kept and clean. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $42.00

Sites are somewhat level, roads are full of holes and very narrow. CG looks like it hasn't been worked on in several years. People are friendly, host lead us to the site and made sure we got set up. As we were unhitching a wild turkey flew in and landed in the site next to us. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $45.00

Reserved a pull through with full hookup. Got there and the site was long enough, but not very wide. Neighbor's fire pit was about 10' from my bedroom slide and my fire pit was almost under the main slide. They say pet friendly, I'd say pet tolerant. I had 3 Chihuahua's that never left the camper but was charged $2 per day for extra dogs. This was hidden in the middle of the ticket. Nothing said about it, nothing posted on web site. When I questioned at checkout, I was told some people bring big dogs. That was the total explanation. Might use again as there is not much in area but will have to think hard about it. We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $42.00

Didn't see any of the problems in previous posts. Grass was mowed, trees were fine, roads are a bit rough, but still driveable. Folks are really helpful and friendly. Our guest paid a fee too, but swam, had supper with us and enjoyed a campfire. Had a great visit and will return for sure! We camped at Shenandoah Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Shenandoah Hills Campground?