Max Meadows, Virginia

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • River River yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $30.00

Nice sized pull thrus, level side to side, includes cable tv, decent wifi. Really nice looking campsite with a creek running across the back. Only negative is highway noise but that quiets down at night, never stopped us from sleeping. Nice camp hosts, will lend you cable for tv if you don't have one.

Nicely located for side trips sight seeing and shopping for necessities. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $25.00

I stayed at this campground just passing through on my way to North Carolina from Michigan. The first thing that struck me about this campground was the long, long, long hill you have to climb to get to it. There's a tiny building at the top of the hill where the camp hosts will meet you and check you in. They led me to my site and when they asked if I needed anything else,I said that the site wasn't quite level And I wondered if they had something else. Since I was just there for the night I didn't want to bother with leveling when I wasn't even disconnecting from my vehicle. Instead of offering to move me to one of the other many spots they were open, they told me that it was not a big deal that I was level enough. It was a big enough deal that I did level. They told me that they recommended that I put water in my tank rather than use the outside hose because it was predicted to get quite cold that night. I did as they suggested and they were right. It got down to 19° and I did have a freeze. Luckily no damage was done but it was quite frustrating. It did allow me to check out their bath house which was very nice and clean. The campground is in a lovely setting with huge green space, the size of several football fields, with a big pavilion and a long, lovely walk around the creek and a pavilion and play area, however the campsites themselves are right on top of each other with no trees or anything to separate them. The utilities were easy to use, although I didn't use the sewer because I was just passing through for the night and didn't need it. They had cable but I could not get it to work, I don't know if it was my hook up or what but that did not work for me. They had Wi-Fi and I was able to use that. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $30.00

one night, close to I-81, very friendly staff. some minor interstate noise while out walking in park but not inside MH. lovely greenspace with small stream. very good value. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

store is 2 miles away. good internet service with 3 access points. cable tv.
road in/out has a fairly step incline but no problems.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $33.00

This campground is just under 2 miles off I-81 Exits 81 and 84. The drive up the driveway is a bit narrow but easily navigated while towing. The owner and camp hosts could not have been nicer. A flowing stream with a gentle waterfall border the campground provide a for relaxing walks. While there appear to be a number of seasonal campers, they were extremely welcoming. Our only complaint is that the first site we were assigned was not very level and we requested and were allowed to change (a little well-placed gravel would do wonders). We would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to others! We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

This was a pleasant surprise. Travel from the highway was quick and easy. The staff was very friendly and led us to our site. Our site was very level but I could see others that were not. There was plenty of room between sites with some small tress. The grounds were exceptionally well kept and very clean. There were many permanent sites but they were well kept. For us this was a perfect overnight stop. On the down side, the road noise from Rt81 very noticeable.
We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

Park was a short distance from I-81. We had a nice level site. The hosts were very accommodating . We ended up staying an extra day with no problems. Very clean and well maintained park. Wifi very good. Would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

This place is one of the hidden gems. A bit harder than average to get to. Thanks to the beastly little hill that provides the secluded charm. I have no idea if there are any attractions near here, as I prefer to stop here and just relax. No dedicated pet area, but plenty of open space, trees, and even a creek, to walk your dog. Sites are well maintained and most are very level. Plenty long enough. Staff is very helpful and friendly. The Wi-Fi here is excellent. Can get slow during high usage times. For $30.00 I would think Pioneer Village would be hard to beat. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Just sit back and relax.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $30.00

Lovely park. Our first stay here, but not our last. I agree the hill going up to the park is a little daunting, but we had no trouble with a 40' motorhome towing a truck! The grounds are neatly kept, the staff was very friendly. Happened to be a wedding that weekend and it was so nice to see how helpful they were to the families planning the event. Very nice. No problem leveling, good electric, water and cable. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

If you plan on taking I-81 when leaving this campground, make a right at the entrance and follow the road about a mile and a half. You'll find a truck stop for gas and easy access to the highway. The other way there is no traffic light plus construction.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $30.00

Due to unseasonably warm weather, this park was still open on the 22nd of December, I had called prior to be sure. Normally they would be closed due to a combination of snow and a beastly hill you have to climb over to get to the campground. That and noise from I-81 being the only 2 negatives. Beyond that, this is a beautiful campground that is well kept by some very friendly people. It has a wonderful area to walk down by the river. Sites are quite level, long and wide, though very patterned. Utilities were spread out along the site, but not so far as to require extra hose or cable. Decent access from I-81 with plenty of services at the exit. We would stay here again. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

This is a charming campground right off 81 so it is very convenient for an overnight stay. It is immaculately kept and I love that they kept the river section unspoiled by campsites. It makes for a lovely stroll and there are benches and gazebos along the way and a nice playground there which makes it a nice place to get away from your RV. The very nice camp host promptly met me and checked me in and escorted me to our site. Seamless checkin and we had no reservations! My hubby and I decided we would make this our campground as we travel up and down 81 from visiting our kids in VA. Great value. I won't lie to you - you can see the traffic on 81 and hear it but it didn't bother us one bit. Level site, electricity and cable are forward on site and water is way back so have a 50 ft hose. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Use directions on website as our GPS was messing us around a bit. By pulling up their directions, we had no problems.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $30.00

Very nice couple checked us in and took us to our site. The site was long with plenty of room on the sides. The water, electric and WiFi were all very good. The cable was OK. Close to highway but did not have any trouble sleeping. The minus was the lot was very unlevel front to back and for our rig the utilities were poorly placed. Would stay here again. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $30.00

This was a very nice park. After leaving the freeway you drive about 3 or 4 miles on a narrow two lane road, but there was very little traffic to deal with. You then drive up a graded/graveled road to the park that goes up up then down down....you just need to watch your speed and it is fine. The campground is very nice. The couple that run the facility (did not find out if they are the owners or not) are very nice. The sites, while not perfectly level are very workable. There is adequate room between rigs. Very nicely kept up, lawns (lots of lawn!!) all mowed and tidy. Next to very nice little river. A little noise from the freeway, but not at all intolerable. No problem with getting satellite signal, as the trees are not large enough to cause problems. We were just staying a quick overnight, so we used the electric, which was fine, but we did not hook up water or sewer. We would stay here again if going through the area and would recommend it to others. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $30.00

This is a large camping complex with lots to offer to everyone. The gravel sites were pretty level and very spacious. Maintenance/landscaping for the entire park was exceptional. The trees are still immature and do not provide a lot of shade. There is a nearby river with excellent fishing. Lots of playground equipment for children. Excellent value for the dollar. The park is adjacent to the interstate but noise is minimal. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $35.00

It was a great campground and the nicest owners and hosts you will ever meet. Enough said! All the sites were long pull thru sites with full hookups. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $28.00

This campground has a lot of potential, and a few drawbacks. The sites are extremely large and are mostly pull-throughs. The river that runs around the campground is nice, and our dogs loved going for a swim in it every day. The tent sites along the river looked nice, and there was a very large field where we could walk the dogs. The staff was friendly and helpful. One drawback is the campground's proximity to I-81, just a few hundred yards away. The noise from the highway was audible day and night. We stayed for a week, and for most of that time the campground felt like a ghost town. Most of the sites had an RV in them (seasonal, I assume), but we rarely saw another person - the RVs were just parked there. That did however mean that the Wi-Fi worked quite well during the week! The seasonals did start coming during the weekend, making for a more interactive environment (and slower Wi-Fi). The trees in the sites are still young and small so the campground does feel somewhat like a parking lot. In a few years when the trees are bigger, the sites will feel more cozy. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Wytheville KOA

Wytheville, Virginia

Stony Fork Campground

Wytheville, Virginia

Interstate Campground

Marion, Virginia

Are you affiliated with Pioneer Village Campground?