Pioneer Village Campground

3627 E Lee Hwy
Max Meadows, Virginia 24360

Elevation: 2040' (approx.)
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no

Ask fellow campers about "Pioneer Village Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

The road in is a bit steep but we didn't have a problem with our 40 foot rig. The folks running the campground were very nice and thoughtful. Site plenty long and wide. Hook ups good. Some road noise from Interstate but fine in a hard sided rig. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Great museum's in town. Also antique malls close by

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $30.00

Just stayed overnight. The staff were very friendly, escorted us to our site. We were about 65 ft long. Our site fit us with none to spare. We asked about leaving in the morning as we could not make the turn with a car parked across the street. She told use they would make sure the gentleman had his car moved in the morning so we could get out(it was, and we had no problems0. Very rustic campground but can well kept. Nice people. Did not use WiFi or cable although they were available. Would camp here again. We were in a caravan of three coaches and they accommodated us all. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

pull thru section

Very rustic but okay for overnight

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

Good near level gravel site with grass, picnic table and fire ring, FHU. Supposed to have cable tv but service was very snowy and unwatchable. Good wifi at times. Friendly helpfull hosts. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $30.00

We only spent a night here passing through, it was convenient, not to far off the highway, in fact the highway borders one side of the park so there was some road noise but not to bad. The sites were nice, the bathhouse was clean. The nicest part is the beautiful stream at the bottom of the property, and some beautiful gardens. I would recommend. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Pioneer Village Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

We got there about 5pm they met us on the way in. It was just an overnight stop. It's a great place to stay and I would do it again if I went out that way. Everything was well taken care of and clean. But because of the time we got there the town was pretty much closed there was nothing open so if we didn't have it your not going to unless the near by truck stop has it. with a dennys. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $28.00

Price reflects weekly rate. Nice park on a hillside with mountain views just outside of Wytheville, VA. Very nice staff, full hookups, good wifi. Lot of long term folks, but they are largely well maintained and there was no riff raff around whatsoever. Sunny and open which made satellite reception a breeze. Some sites on the hill are not very level, but they seem to put short term travellers up on top of the hill where things are more level. We had no problem, but requesting a level site might be a good idea if you are making reservations. We really enjoyed our stay here, it was nice and sunny and friendly folks with awesome view of the mountains and a good sized creek flowing by down at the bottom of the hill, offering fishing for those so inclined. If in the area you should stay here. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Smokin Guns Diesel Shop nearby is an excellent diesel service shop. They did a fine job on my F350.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

Found this little gem on accident because local state park was full. Called and spoke to host to confirm availability, she gave directions from the interstate as signage is somewhat lacking. Easy access to and from the interstate. Campground has beautiful new bathhouse with big shower stalls and plenty of hot water. Campground has an amazing river adjacent to it with grass manicured. We decided to stay an additional night just enjoy the "swimming hole" but Mother Nature did not cooperate as it looked like it would storm all day. If this area again we will definitely be coming back. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

Trees are over growing road into park. I mentioned it to the manager and she said she would tell them to get right on it. Site was clean and mowed, but took 30 feet of sewer hose to hook up. Same with water hose and electrical cord. Tree was right at end of site and made turning out difficult with side of coach rubbing tree branches. Have stayed here in the past and always a pleasant stay, but getting harder to return as the same issues remain. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $25.00

I stayed at this campground just passing through on my way to North Carolina from Michigan. The first thing that struck me about this campground was the long, long, long hill you have to climb to get to it. There's a tiny building at the top of the hill where the camp hosts will meet you and check you in. They led me to my site and when they asked if I needed anything else,I said that the site wasn't quite level And I wondered if they had something else. Since I was just there for the night I didn't want to bother with leveling when I wasn't even disconnecting from my vehicle. Instead of offering to move me to one of the other many spots they were open, they told me that it was not a big deal that I was level enough. It was a big enough deal that I did level. They told me that they recommended that I put water in my tank rather than use the outside hose because it was predicted to get quite cold that night. I did as they suggested and they were right. It got down to 19° and I did have a freeze. Luckily no damage was done but it was quite frustrating. It did allow me to check out their bath house which was very nice and clean. The campground is in a lovely setting with huge green space, the size of several football fields, with a big pavilion and a long, lovely walk around the creek and a pavilion and play area, however the campsites themselves are right on top of each other with no trees or anything to separate them. The utilities were easy to use, although I didn't use the sewer because I was just passing through for the night and didn't need it. They had cable but I could not get it to work, I don't know if it was my hook up or what but that did not work for me. They had Wi-Fi and I was able to use that. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $30.00

Nice sized pull thrus, level side to side, includes cable tv, decent wifi. Really nice looking campsite with a creek running across the back. Only negative is highway noise but that quiets down at night, never stopped us from sleeping. Nice camp hosts, will lend you cable for tv if you don't have one.

Nicely located for side trips sight seeing and shopping for necessities. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $30.00

one night, close to I-81, very friendly staff. some minor interstate noise while out walking in park but not inside MH. lovely greenspace with small stream. very good value. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

store is 2 miles away. good internet service with 3 access points. cable tv.
road in/out has a fairly step incline but no problems.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

This place is one of the hidden gems. A bit harder than average to get to. Thanks to the beastly little hill that provides the secluded charm. I have no idea if there are any attractions near here, as I prefer to stop here and just relax. No dedicated pet area, but plenty of open space, trees, and even a creek, to walk your dog. Sites are well maintained and most are very level. Plenty long enough. Staff is very helpful and friendly. The Wi-Fi here is excellent. Can get slow during high usage times. For $30.00 I would think Pioneer Village would be hard to beat. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Just sit back and relax.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

Park was a short distance from I-81. We had a nice level site. The hosts were very accommodating . We ended up staying an extra day with no problems. Very clean and well maintained park. Wifi very good. Would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $30.00

This was a pleasant surprise. Travel from the highway was quick and easy. The staff was very friendly and led us to our site. Our site was very level but I could see others that were not. There was plenty of room between sites with some small tress. The grounds were exceptionally well kept and very clean. There were many permanent sites but they were well kept. For us this was a perfect overnight stop. On the down side, the road noise from Rt81 very noticeable.
We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $33.00

This campground is just under 2 miles off I-81 Exits 81 and 84. The drive up the driveway is a bit narrow but easily navigated while towing. The owner and camp hosts could not have been nicer. A flowing stream with a gentle waterfall border the campground provide a for relaxing walks. While there appear to be a number of seasonal campers, they were extremely welcoming. Our only complaint is that the first site we were assigned was not very level and we requested and were allowed to change (a little well-placed gravel would do wonders). We would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to others! We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Pioneer Village Campground

Are you affiliated with Pioneer Village Campground ?