Pioneer Village Campground

3627 E Lee Hwy
Max Meadows, Virginia 24360

Elevation: 2040' (approx.)
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no

Ask fellow campers about "Pioneer Village Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

We were able to book the night as we were traveling up I-81 for $35 with senior discount. The couple who own the place led us to the site in their golf cart and were easy and nice to deal with. The park was very well maintained, grass cut, trees mulched, etc. We had a nice pull through site. We only used the 30A electrics, not the other hookups. It's a quiet, nice looking place that we'd be glad to stay at again. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Bax

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

Campground was located in the country but was still close to interstate. It was exceptionally well kept and the staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a beautiful location. We travel with our dogs and there was plenty of space for them. We will stay here again when we travel through this area. Very nice! We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Most gorgeous campground we stayed at on way to Maine from Florida. Chose it because it was near I-81 north of I-77. Sites were beautifully designed. Spacious, paved, grass and trees between sites. The restrooms featured spacious, spotless, modern showers. Good lighting. The owners take great pride in maintenance. Enjoyed walking the trails around the campground after a long drive. I wished we could have stayed longer. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Town 8 miles away. Lot of room between sites. Playground for kids too. Even a gazebo for concerts, weddings, and huge, covered picnic pavilions for receptions, parties, rallies, etc.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

The park is kind of isolated - on top of a big hill. But it is in a lovely setting. There were no units across from our site, so we had a nice view of trees and mountains. The park has nice landscaping. There is a lovely creek down at one end - very, very nice. The (fairly spacious) site has gravel for the RV and then grass (in pretty good shape) with a picnic table. Not many amenities and we would not recommend the bathroom - very basic, not very nice. Hey, if you're in an RV use our own! There are some permanents, many with large sites with lovely landscaping. A cute park - we would recommend it. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Go to Wytheville. It has a lovely historic downtown and a lot of historic homes. Stop by the Visitors Center - they are very helpful. The 57 mile New River Bike Trail is very nice: flat & shady with lovely views of the mountains and the New River - not paved, but very good. We started at the Foster Falls. $5 parking, lots of history. Also, Blacksburg is awesome (home of VA Tech) and the Cascade Waterfalls in the Jefferson Nat'l Forest is spectacular!

Featured Campgrounds Near Pioneer Village Campground

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Beautiful park like setting with a lot of grass area which runs along a river. Grass and trees between sites. Clean well kept RV park. Sites are level. Good water pressure and electric. There is some highway noise and wifi is slow. Cable TV is offered. Management was very accommodating and attentive to our needs. We camped in a motorhome towing a car. We would camp here again if in this area. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

The road in is a bit steep but we didn't have a problem with our 40 foot rig. The folks running the campground were very nice and thoughtful. Site plenty long and wide. Hook ups good. Some road noise from Interstate but fine in a hard sided rig. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Great museum's in town. Also antique malls close by

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $30.00

Just stayed overnight. The staff were very friendly, escorted us to our site. We were about 65 ft long. Our site fit us with none to spare. We asked about leaving in the morning as we could not make the turn with a car parked across the street. She told use they would make sure the gentleman had his car moved in the morning so we could get out(it was, and we had no problems0. Very rustic campground but can well kept. Nice people. Did not use WiFi or cable although they were available. Would camp here again. We were in a caravan of three coaches and they accommodated us all. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

pull thru section

Very rustic but okay for overnight

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

Good near level gravel site with grass, picnic table and fire ring, FHU. Supposed to have cable tv but service was very snowy and unwatchable. Good wifi at times. Friendly helpfull hosts. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $30.00

We only spent a night here passing through, it was convenient, not to far off the highway, in fact the highway borders one side of the park so there was some road noise but not to bad. The sites were nice, the bathhouse was clean. The nicest part is the beautiful stream at the bottom of the property, and some beautiful gardens. I would recommend. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

We got there about 5pm they met us on the way in. It was just an overnight stop. It's a great place to stay and I would do it again if I went out that way. Everything was well taken care of and clean. But because of the time we got there the town was pretty much closed there was nothing open so if we didn't have it your not going to unless the near by truck stop has it. with a dennys. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $28.00

Price reflects weekly rate. Nice park on a hillside with mountain views just outside of Wytheville, VA. Very nice staff, full hookups, good wifi. Lot of long term folks, but they are largely well maintained and there was no riff raff around whatsoever. Sunny and open which made satellite reception a breeze. Some sites on the hill are not very level, but they seem to put short term travellers up on top of the hill where things are more level. We had no problem, but requesting a level site might be a good idea if you are making reservations. We really enjoyed our stay here, it was nice and sunny and friendly folks with awesome view of the mountains and a good sized creek flowing by down at the bottom of the hill, offering fishing for those so inclined. If in the area you should stay here. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Smokin Guns Diesel Shop nearby is an excellent diesel service shop. They did a fine job on my F350.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

Found this little gem on accident because local state park was full. Called and spoke to host to confirm availability, she gave directions from the interstate as signage is somewhat lacking. Easy access to and from the interstate. Campground has beautiful new bathhouse with big shower stalls and plenty of hot water. Campground has an amazing river adjacent to it with grass manicured. We decided to stay an additional night just enjoy the "swimming hole" but Mother Nature did not cooperate as it looked like it would storm all day. If this area again we will definitely be coming back. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

Trees are over growing road into park. I mentioned it to the manager and she said she would tell them to get right on it. Site was clean and mowed, but took 30 feet of sewer hose to hook up. Same with water hose and electrical cord. Tree was right at end of site and made turning out difficult with side of coach rubbing tree branches. Have stayed here in the past and always a pleasant stay, but getting harder to return as the same issues remain. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $25.00

I stayed at this campground just passing through on my way to North Carolina from Michigan. The first thing that struck me about this campground was the long, long, long hill you have to climb to get to it. There's a tiny building at the top of the hill where the camp hosts will meet you and check you in. They led me to my site and when they asked if I needed anything else,I said that the site wasn't quite level And I wondered if they had something else. Since I was just there for the night I didn't want to bother with leveling when I wasn't even disconnecting from my vehicle. Instead of offering to move me to one of the other many spots they were open, they told me that it was not a big deal that I was level enough. It was a big enough deal that I did level. They told me that they recommended that I put water in my tank rather than use the outside hose because it was predicted to get quite cold that night. I did as they suggested and they were right. It got down to 19° and I did have a freeze. Luckily no damage was done but it was quite frustrating. It did allow me to check out their bath house which was very nice and clean. The campground is in a lovely setting with huge green space, the size of several football fields, with a big pavilion and a long, lovely walk around the creek and a pavilion and play area, however the campsites themselves are right on top of each other with no trees or anything to separate them. The utilities were easy to use, although I didn't use the sewer because I was just passing through for the night and didn't need it. They had cable but I could not get it to work, I don't know if it was my hook up or what but that did not work for me. They had Wi-Fi and I was able to use that. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $30.00

Nice sized pull thrus, level side to side, includes cable tv, decent wifi. Really nice looking campsite with a creek running across the back. Only negative is highway noise but that quiets down at night, never stopped us from sleeping. Nice camp hosts, will lend you cable for tv if you don't have one.

Nicely located for side trips sight seeing and shopping for necessities. We camped at Pioneer Village Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Pioneer Village Campground

Are you affiliated with Pioneer Village Campground ?