Aquia Pines Camp Resort

Stafford, Virginia

Ann R

Do NOT go here unless you just need a nice, cozy, place to park your big RV. The bathrooms are clean and the pool and playground are great. BUT the tent and cabin spaces are far from these facilities, out of Wi-Fi range, do not allow fires and are so close to Route 95 that the traffic drowns out conversation. It is clear from the overgrown tent sites and empty cabins that nobody uses these options. My cabin took hours to air out and had lots of dead flies. The pitch black darkness and traffic noise made it impossible to feel safe - a little light on the path to the facilities would have gone a long way. The owner could not have been ruder or more demeaning when I expressed my concerns after a sleepless night and asked to be let out of the two day minimum. I left feeling that he was unprofessional and abusive and that I would have been treated differently if I were not traveling alone with my son. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Campground Cabin.

dumbodog

This park is quite narrow for getting around the lanes to get to your site. Sites are mostly on hills; hard to get into and out of. They say big rigs are okay, and we did get in and out, but not without a great deal of maneuvering. Trying to get propane at their store was a chore also. Hard to get the hose to the RV. It is also very, very pricey. We stayed there and took public transport into New York City. Office staff was very nice to deal with, but the park is overpriced in our opinion. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

LiveRVLife

Aquia Pines is a wonderful overnight or long term park. The owner is very friendly and constantly ensuring that the park is clean and any repairs needed are handled immediately. Several types of sites from pull through for big rigs to very rustic tent camping and everything in between. Even rustic large group or Boy Scout areas available. Great pool, laundry, TV room, and playground. Cabins from one room to large ones with kitchen, bath, bedroom and living. We are full time military and full time RVers. Our stay was for 6 wonderful years...never a complaint. Several military and construction personnel do stay long term, but keep their sites very clean. Several families and retired spend a night to several nights. Pet friendly. Even in winter, the owner ensures the main roads are cleaned immediately and salted. We miss the staff. Built into a hill area that is terraced nicely. Stayed in back for 3 years and newer section for 3 years. Loved both areas. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

luxuryfiver

The owners of this park are deceptive. Be careful. We distinctly asked for a pull thru several times, were assured we had that and were given a pull IN. Had to back our fiver out. Could not even detach as the site was on an embankment. Please be advised they are building a hotel on their adjacent site and huge trucks rumble through at breakneck speeds all day long. Noise and dust are the rule here. Staff was not there to greet us and got annoyed when I asked for my Good Sam discount. Most of the sites are occupied by construction workers. I cannot recommend tthis place. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

TweedleDum

What I’m looking for in campgrounds is easy big rig access, full hookup at 50 amp, level sites, secure area, and clean restrooms. Drive-thru, Wi-fi and cable TV are bonus features which are much appreciated. I have no interest in a pool, a dog run, or kid’s activities. I’m here to see sights in the area and the campground is simply a place to park my 37‘ 5th wheel. Previous comments I've read about this campground indicated this campground was built into a hillside, and I agree. But, I must say it is terraced with many very level sites. Some of the pull through sites have a hump for entry or exit which is no good for me as I'd be scraping the rear of the camper on rock. The site I had was flat (no hump), and I was able to easily get to the site (pull-through )and set up with no problems. The pool was still winter covered when we were there, but I would not have used it anyway. Looks like pool could be nice with nearby playground in summer. Laundry was very adequate. There is a front section and a back section to the park. The front (newer section) does not have mature trees which is fine with me. The back section has many trees and narrow access roads that I would prefer NOT to try to park in. For the most part these were not pull though sites. The staff was very courteous and friendly and allowed me to see my site before pulling in. I felt the nightly price was a bit much. As far as "next times" I think I'd shop a bit more before staying here again. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

kmgulf

Close to freeway, some noise. Paved roads and gravel sites. Roads could be tight for big rigs. Some sites have steep entrance or exit, park built on side of hill. Power, water, and cell signal (AT&T) good. We would camp here again. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

Supercamp

This camp ground is not a "resort!". Gravel pads, no concrete. Picnic table was dirty but we took care of that. It is very basic campground with a basic pool. Employee was not friendly. We would never stay here again and actually left early. Cable TV reception was very poor. Location is directly on a very loud highway so there was noise all night. We were close to groceries, dining and historical sites such as Fredericksburg. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

Full_Timer

Interstate 95, Exit 143. Located about 40 miles from Arlington National Cemetery and Washington, D.C. This is an excellent location to see all the sights. Many restaurants and shopping very nearby. Nice park and can accommodate a big rig. Gravel sites and gravel interior roads. The site layout can be confusing so I would not suggest arriving after dark. Nothing fancy but clean and well maintained. Good power and water pressure. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

Rick & Carol

We were only staying overnight (40' rig and toad) so the pull through site we were given did not have any tree cover. However, the campground had plenty of trees. The roads and sites are crushed rock. The sites are fairly close but they do have picnic tables. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

ksalito

Noise from interstate. Sites are confusing, but owner brings you to site. Staff is friendly. Sites a little cramped, but seems the norm around this area for private campgrounds. A little pricey, but it is a good spot for exploring this area of Virginia. Would stay again. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

campiflo

Courteous host stayed late to get us in after dark. Very heavy and slow traffic coming south out of DC. If you are southbound on I-95 you will most certainly get here later than you planned. After sunrise we saw our surroundings and were impressed by the condition of the grounds even though it was mid-winter. I like this style of park. Not too big or small. Much nicer than those cookie-cutter paved parking lots but overpriced for an overnight stopover. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

jmo

We chose this campground because of its location south of DC but convenient to Arlington Cemetery. We were only there for two nights. I walked some of the grounds with our beagle and met and chatted with owner. Very nice and most helpful on recommendations for travel route (by car) to Arlington. There is a wide variety of site types available from those up on a hill side among the trees to those lower down with full hook-up 50 amp which we requested and knew would be costlier. Cable was fine. Have wireless so did not try internet service. It is gravel, winding roads but since we stayed on lower roomier area we had no problem in 38' motorhome with tow vehicle right to site. We found our full hook-up pull-through site (E18) easy to get into including tow. We liked the easy access to the interstate, shopping and restaurants very close by which we used both nights. In November the heat was on at night so RV was closed up tight; no problem with sounds from I-95. We would stay here again. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

ben5045

High priced for what they offer. Electric is separate charge as well as Wi-Fi. It is an older campsite that could use some upgrading. I had a problem with the water having rust in it. Management can be quick tempered and difficult to deal with. They make you pay extra for a simple credit card transaction. I-95 is close by so it is noisy. I would not stay here again and only recommend it if there is no other place to stay. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

rzdj96

We stayed here one night. This is a very clean campground with very hospitable hosts. The only problem we had was being right next to I-95 and the noise kept us awake. We agree with most of the other posters that the price was a bit high. I don't believe we'd be staying here again if we needed some restful sleep. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

dalacamper

Overall depending on the site you get, this park is ok. It has hills that are stone and gravel, that unless you have a four wheel drive vehicle, I don't know if you would get into some sites. We were on E31 a pull through, next to the flag pole. It was a level site for the fifth wheel but my truck front was on a down hill slope. I was concerned that with the rain we had at night I would not be able to get hooked up and back out of the site. The owner suggested backing out instead of trying to go down the hill and making a hard left turn at the bottom of the site. There were better sites available and one's opinion might reflect a higher rating than mine because of this. The WiFi worked quite well, no problems with connecting or timing out. The cable TV worked fine also. The rest rooms looked like they could use some maintenance, but were clean. We stayed one night. The price was a bit much for this campground, but the price is due to the closeness to DC and other historic areas. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Aquia Pines Camp Resort?