6 Average

3071 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Stafford, Virginia 22554

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Aquia Pines Camp Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $65.00

The owners of this park are deceptive. Be careful. We distinctly asked for a pull thru several times, were assured we had that and were given a pull IN. Had to back our fiver out. Could not even detach as the site was on an embankment. Please be advised they are building a hotel on their adjacent site and huge trucks rumble through at breakneck speeds all day long. Noise and dust are the rule here. Staff was not there to greet us and got annoyed when I asked for my Good Sam discount. Most of the sites are occupied by construction workers. I cannot recommend tthis place. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $58.00

Aquia Pines is a wonderful overnight or long term park. The owner is very friendly and constantly ensuring that the park is clean and any repairs needed are handled immediately. Several types of sites from pull through for big rigs to very rustic tent camping and everything in between. Even rustic large group or Boy Scout areas available. Great pool, laundry, TV room, and playground. Cabins from one room to large ones with kitchen, bath, bedroom and living. We are full time military and full time RVers. Our stay was for 6 wonderful years...never a complaint. Several military and construction personnel do stay long term, but keep their sites very clean. Several families and retired spend a night to several nights. Pet friendly. Even in winter, the owner ensures the main roads are cleaned immediately and salted. We miss the staff. Built into a hill area that is terraced nicely. Stayed in back for 3 years and newer section for 3 years. Loved both areas. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $65.00

What I’m looking for in campgrounds is easy big rig access, full hookup at 50 amp, level sites, secure area, and clean restrooms. Drive-thru, Wi-fi and cable TV are bonus features which are much appreciated. I have no interest in a pool, a dog run, or kid’s activities. I’m here to see sights in the area and the campground is simply a place to park my 37‘ 5th wheel. Previous comments I've read about this campground indicated this campground was built into a hillside, and I agree. But, I must say it is terraced with many very level sites. Some of the pull through sites have a hump for entry or exit which is no good for me as I'd be scraping the rear of the camper on rock. The site I had was flat (no hump), and I was able to easily get to the site (pull-through )and set up with no problems. The pool was still winter covered when we were there, but I would not have used it anyway. Looks like pool could be nice with nearby playground in summer. Laundry was very adequate. There is a front section and a back section to the park. The front (newer section) does not have mature trees which is fine with me. The back section has many trees and narrow access roads that I would prefer NOT to try to park in. For the most part these were not pull though sites. The staff was very courteous and friendly and allowed me to see my site before pulling in. I felt the nightly price was a bit much. As far as "next times" I think I'd shop a bit more before staying here again. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $54.00

Noise from interstate. Sites are confusing, but owner brings you to site. Staff is friendly. Sites a little cramped, but seems the norm around this area for private campgrounds. A little pricey, but it is a good spot for exploring this area of Virginia. Would stay again. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Aquia Pines Camp Resort

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $52.00

We stayed here one night. This is a very clean campground with very hospitable hosts. The only problem we had was being right next to I-95 and the noise kept us awake. We agree with most of the other posters that the price was a bit high. I don't believe we'd be staying here again if we needed some restful sleep. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $54.00

Overall depending on the site you get, this park is ok. It has hills that are stone and gravel, that unless you have a four wheel drive vehicle, I don't know if you would get into some sites. We were on E31 a pull through, next to the flag pole. It was a level site for the fifth wheel but my truck front was on a down hill slope. I was concerned that with the rain we had at night I would not be able to get hooked up and back out of the site. The owner suggested backing out instead of trying to go down the hill and making a hard left turn at the bottom of the site. There were better sites available and one's opinion might reflect a higher rating than mine because of this. The WiFi worked quite well, no problems with connecting or timing out. The cable TV worked fine also. The rest rooms looked like they could use some maintenance, but were clean. We stayed one night. The price was a bit much for this campground, but the price is due to the closeness to DC and other historic areas. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $47.00

We chose this campground because of its convenience to attractions in the area. The staff was friendly and helpful in getting us situated. Note there is a wide variety of site types available from those up on a hill side among the trees to those lower down with less foliage (and more room). We found our site easy to get into and setup on. We liked the easy access to the interstate, and there is good shopping (groceries and such) close by. We stayed here for a week in our 37' fifth wheel and will probably stay here again if we get back to the D.C. area. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $47.00

This park is clean and well maintained. Free Wifi is available. This is an excellent park for an overnight stay. The only downside is the entrance to the park is a little tight and some of the sites are hilly. We would definitely recommend this campground and we will definitely stay here again. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2007 - $43.00

Very convenient to I95 and close to Washington, DC. However, this place is typical of "very convenient" in that the Interstate highway is close to the campground and can be heard all night. We were staying only the night, not unhooking from the truck, and so didn't need sewer. Our site was quite difficult to get to in a long rig up a hill on narrow gravel roads, around sharp bends, with lots of trees close by. Sites with sewer (and cable for more $) looked like they would be a lot easier to get to. WiFi is free but I had to move the laptop to a rickety picnic table several sites over. Overall good for a quick stay. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2005 - $57.00

Clean park, friendly staff. Some spots had 2 sewer hook ups handy for me with tanks in front and back. All gravel in park no concrete pads. WIFI worked great a $3 per day charge. Way overpriced for park. Was $57 per nite including a $10 surcharge for holiday weekend. This is not an Encore Park or located on the water. It's 40 miles south of D.C. I don't mind paying this much for a park it amenities and location warrant it. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Aquia Pines Camp Resort

Are you affiliated with Aquia Pines Camp Resort ?