6 Average

3071 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Stafford, Virginia 22554

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Aquia Pines Camp Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $55.00

This campground advertises that it has its own brewery (Wild Run) and is based heavily on that type of experience, right down to offering a ton of brewing materials in the camp store. Unfortunately, the brewery is now closed due to a zoning issue. I didn't find out until I got there. If I hadn't been disappointed about that, I would have enjoyed myself thoroughly. This is a nice little campground in a good location. The 30-amp sites, like the one we used, are a bit tight due to the amount of trees, and the roads can be a little scary, but it's a clean and quiet place. My only other complaints, other than the brewery, were the lack of fire pits at individual sites (there is a community fire pit), and the mini-golf course that is shown on their website map but no longer exists. We were in town for my son's soccer tournament, which we go to every year, and I think we'll definitely come back here next year. It's a good spot for a stopover, or for exploring the tourist attractions in the area. Side note -- there are many conflicting reviews on here mentioning the owner of the property. I found him to be a bit blunt and perhaps a little offputting, but after dealing with him several times, found that he's a very nice guy. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

This is not the place to go for friendly, clean service. From the very beginning we felt like we were an inconvenience and intruding on their beer brewing business. Check in was not fast enough and we should have just left then but didn't. Water pressure sucks. Getting in and out was way too difficult and no one helped us. We went to the office to talk about moving to another site but the person in the store was not friendly and wouldn't even address our issues. After a few hours we decided to hook back up and we drove 30 minutes south to another campground. Don't EVER go here. I don't see them staying in business much longer. the only people staying there are permanent residents who would fall under the category of trailer trash. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $55.00

Not big rig friendly. Very small sites, on hills and hard to get into. Paid for a full hook up site and owner decided to work on the water by our site without telling us, ended up with our water being on and off for 5 days. Went to talk with him and see about possibly moving sites since all other sites had water and instead he told us to get out. He refuses to fix his issues at campground and as soon as questioned its either his way or get out. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

B12

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $46.00

We decided on the spur of the moment to take a quick little camping trip this weekend and went to Aquia Pines, which is the only campground in the nation to have its own brewery onsite, Wild Run Brewery, and they are very good to boot.

The campground itself is an older campground, mostly tight and wooded, very hilly and can be difficult to maneuver around, with gravel roads and pads. There is an open area for larger RV's. Some seasonals, all were well kept. Site was fairly level, but others were way off and people had to use a lot of blocks to level. We wanted just a W/E site, but the water was not yet turned on for the season (the campground is open year round) so were put on a full hookup site that had water for the same price. Bathrooms were dated, in need of a fresh coat of paint, but were very clean, which is what matters most to me. WiFi was excellent at our site. Nice size playground, pavilion and pool, though the later was closed. The campground sits between Route 1 and I-95, so lots of road noise, especially in the back closer to I-95 (and that is with a sound barrier there). We were toward the front of the campground and it was not too bad. Very friendly staff and owner. We enjoyed our stay and plan to return. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

B23

Dining and shopping is very close by, anything you could want off of Garrisonville Road.

Featured Campgrounds Near Aquia Pines Camp Resort

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $58.00

We stopped here on the way home from SC and thought we could use the pool while and rest up before traveling the last leg of our journey. The pool water was green and no one was using it. The bathrooms, while clean, had very little water pressure, the knob for the water in the shower was hard to turn on and backwards. There was dog poop on the ground from not being cleaned up either by the employees or previous campers. the store, while large, was full of beer brewing products and not much in the way of camping supplies. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $34.00

I stayed here for almost 3 months from Mar 09- May 09. When I called to make the reservation I got the monthly rate which I thought was OK so I booked. When I arrived I was told that internet was $1 more per day. That is unclear on the website. The internet stopped working almost every night at about 8pm and did not work until I got back from work in the evening. Good location if you want to jump off for south DC attractions. traffic on 95 can be heard all times of the day. Traffic on 95 north is sometimes hard to get into DC without a 2 hour commute. Roads are gravel and hilly. I would stay here again for only an overnight stay not for a week. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2008 - $45.00

As stated elsewhere, this campground has the most awkward Wi-Fi arrangement. You have to get the "username" and password daily from the office. If they don't open at 8:00 as stated (and I sat there waiting until nearly 8:30 one morning). The internet awaits: and waits. I found the personnel to be helpful when asked, but not very offering of help and not friendly at all. The lounge area did have library books and magazines for campers use. Know ahead of time if you wish to be on the hilltop with some sunshine and ease of in/out or "down in the hole" with a gravel hill to climb out of upon leaving. No sun shines "down in the hole." Hard rains had created HUGE ruts in all the roads making the hill climbing really rough!! We had to do the most levelling we've done all summer. Four days and we never put our awnings out being "down in the hole." A great place to stay to visit Mt. Vernon, the Marine Museum, Washington DC and our new favorite, Stafford Hall, the home of the Lee brothers of Virginia that signed the Declaration of Independence and eventually gave birth to Robert E. Lee. Fredericksburg has so much to offer: antiques and Civil War sites. I would look around before staying here again. Of four campgrounds we visited on this ten day trip, both my wife and I counted this one as being in last place. Better than a lot of others, but not of the three others we stayed at. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $41.00

We had a very nice fall camping weekend at this park. Restrooms were very clean and facilities in general were in excellent repair. We stayed on one of the pull-thru sites in the trees. (some might be tight to get an awning deployed...but not needed in the shade anyway.) Wifi had very strong signal. We could hear road noise in our Hybrid, but a small fan to create white noise masked it nicely. Very nice new playground equipment for the little kids. Excellent access to I-95 and every major retailer is just across the highway. We would highly reccommend and will stay again. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2005 - $37.00

This is definitely an older park with sites meant for popups and tents on the wooded side. We couldn't open our awning and had to squeeze between trees to fit. The open side of the campground had mostly bigger rigs but even some of those barely fit on their site. We used it as an overnight stop and would choose a Wal-Mart next time. We camped at Aquia Pines Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Aquia Pines Camp Resort

Are you affiliated with Aquia Pines Camp Resort ?