Bethpage Camp Resort

Urbanna, Virginia

• yes-lake Waterfront

rebcon

For the money paid to stay here, this campground should have had a lot better upkeep. The sites were dirty, with trash everywhere. I was picking up bottle caps and litter left before we got there all weekend. There are not enough bath houses for the number of campsites, and they are poorly maintained. The campground does not seem to be able to support the number of sites they make available-water pressure inconsistent, electric unreliable, Wi-Fi although advertised, is virtually non-existent. The staff does not enforce safety rules with the golf carts: it was dangerous and chaotic trying to make our way through the constant parade of golf carts, many with obvious underage or under the influence, or both. The cable TV was good, and there is a lot to do here--lots of playground activity and a nice waterpark and lake area with a beach. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Scottsdale RVers

Price reflects special rally rate. Site was shaded, level, dirt with sparse grass. Laundry & bath houses were clean. In order for water to flow from shower, you must pull a chain. This is a nuisance when trying to soap up a wash cloth or rinse hair. Quiet at night, bustling during the weekend days. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Campbell 205

We have stayed here twice. This is a huge campground with a mix of seasonal "permanent sites" rental cabins, and regular full hook up sites. The water-park rivals many amusement parks. The staff is friendly and the campground is well maintained. The only negative is there are not a lot of bathhouses . If you needed to use them it likely is a long walk. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

Tireman9

Here with group rally so had special rate. Wow what a place. Lot of permanent sites but lot of transient sites too. Large meeting room for group event. It rained so we did not have a good opportunity to explore. Would stay again. Free Wi-Fi. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

letsgorving

We had a very large group camping for July 4th. Many sites had smelly water, but the biggest problem was 17 (so far) people are sick with ear and other infections after swimming in their small lake. The resort is reluctant to agree the illness's are from the lake. Swim at your own risk. Oh, and no walking your dog after 11pm. Our large group will not be back. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

bthebarretts1

I was very disappointed. Our site along with many others floods after rain. We had at least 3 inches of standing water around our site. Our flip flops floated away. Management told us that they have no control over sites flooding and have no way of keeping track of which sites may flood. I believe that a campground has control over sites flooding; they need to have better drainage in place. I was annoyed that we visited the office 3 times before someone even said "sorry". A few seasonal campers stated that our section floods with every rainfall! The lake and pool were nice but not nearly large enough to handle a full campground on a holiday weekend. There were so many golf carts that there were traffic jams. I will not recommend this campground, mainly due to flooding at sites We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

Groovin Along

Beth Page is a fun destination with many large spacious sites and a lot of activities. However, the catering service food quality needs a lot of improvement. For the second time now, we were very disappointed in the food. This will not impact most of you who attend so have fun. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

autismmom

I normally don't like "resorts", but this place was an exception. The sites were very spacious and shaded. Only the "super sites" provide a fire ring. What is that all about? As several previous reviewers have mentioned, I do NOT recommend a super site. They are smaller and not shaded. They only provide a concrete pad, a BBQ grill and a fire ring. The showers were pull ring and the dryers in the laundry room didn't dry well. There were four pages of rules for swimming, etc. The most I've seen. The water slides were awesome for kids and adults alike which were also guarded on top and bottom for safety. Staff was helpful and friendly. We stayed here during the week and the activities were good. There is an ice creamery on the premises. There is a river for fishing and the lake is stocked and has a water trampoline for jumping. The quiet and tranquility of this place was very relaxing. However, this place is huge and I can't imagine how busy it would be on the weekends. There would be long lines for the water slides and I'm wondering if it would be as safe, even with all four pools. We would camp here again if visiting the area. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Bah2rcf

This was our 3rd year camping here, prices have increased dramatically and this places charges for EVERYTHING now. Staff is nasty, old and dismissive (more than one instance). I was told when I made my reservations this year that I had to pay in full for express check in, once we arrived they had canceled express check in and I had to go to the office. However, this is a great campground for kids, more of a waterpark than a camping destination. Hookups are good, Wi-Fi was unreliable. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Marbury maryland

They charged for air! We stayed in the past with friend in the permanent spots and fifth wheel. Prices have increased dramatically. Staff was friendly but dismissive after the initial greeting (more than one instance). A great site for kids. For adults looking to relax, not great. This is more of a watermark than a camping destination. Oh, rental was high as well. Camping should be affordable: now it costs as much or more, than a hotel. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

darslife1

Just not our style of camping. Nice clean park. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Tent Trailer.

shelbylynne

Camped there in a travel trailer Memorial Day weekend and will not return on a holiday weekend. We sat in a traffic line for 75 minutes to enter the park that we had already paid in full. Their biggest concern when we finally got up to the gate (by the not so friendly attendant) was the golf cart that we had transported for another guest & had been registered and paid for. Four times we were grilled about the golf cart.. We have camped there before and knew where our site was because we were in a group setting and let them know but the "host" taking us to our site told my husband that he(my husband) didn't know where he was going & was fairly rude about it. You have to be careful with riding bikes or walking because there is so much traffic especially by the pools & "lake". Would seriously have to rethink going again. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

metro3

We just stayed at Bethpage for the Memorial Day weekend arriving on Thursday. The campground sites are nice, level and accommodate big rigs. The cable TV is the best I have seen at a campground and the electric power was fine. The park staff was friendly. There is a beach area on a lake and a waterpark with multiple pools and water slides all of which were clean and well maintained. These are what make me rate this a 5. Now for the reasons that keep it at ONLY a 5. This campground is like one big drunk-fest!! I have never seen so many drunks roaming about and cruising on golf carts with radios BLARING!! The park rules about no loud music and minimum age limits for driving golf carts are an absolute joke. Don't even dream of walking unless you like taking your life in your own hands. I saw an old woman moon the folks next door to us but they were likely too drunk to remember: hopefully for them. On Saturday night there was a large crowd (about 70+ people) roaming the streets doing toasts at what seemed to be any site that would tolerate them. Again, they were mostly hammered. While I believe in having fun, this kind of activity is not what I go camping with my family for. The staff seem to be totally absent until around 11pm when quiet time begins and then I saw them cruising about. On a positive note, it does quiet down by 11pm. If the staff would enforce a few rules on blaring music and drunkeness then this campground would be a 10 for sure. From what I saw though, I doubt this will happen. My family will not be returning. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

USMCRET

This is an exceptionally well run campground with top notch facilities. We stayed here for the oyster festival, which is a big event for the area. The campground doubles up on the pull through sites on these special weekends. Even with that, there was a good amount of room and plenty of hookups available for each rig. On a negative note, we found the wi-fi unreliable and switched over to 3G. The staff we encountered were friendly and smiling. The camp store seems to have all of the essentials. The campground is pet friendly and has a decent sized area designated for dog walking. With all of that said, we will not be back. We did not have an issue with the campground per se, but we did have significant issues with the overall atmosphere created by the clientele. On this weekend (and I don't know that this is the status quo throughout the season) the place was rowdy, loud, and populated with people who consumed a bit too much alcohol. It was the campground equivalent of a frat party, and that is not what we look for when we go camping. On the positive side, quiet hours beginning at 2300 were observed. We had an exceptionally rude neighbor who played loud music and encroached into our space to the point of playing cornhole on our patio area immediately below our dining area window. Had they had the common decency to ask, I probably would have granted permission, but they didn't so I asked them to leave. This created a bit of tension, but that's the way it goes. I thought that perhaps our situation with the neighbor was unique, but a stroll later that evening proved that we were the ones out of step with the general tenor of the campground. It seemed that every third or fourth site had loud music playing and a crowd of people talking and yelling to the top of their lungs. I hate feeling like a fun-hating curmudgeon because I'm not. I was just surprised and disappointed at what we encountered this weekend. It was as if they took every stereotype of bad neighbors and set them upon Bethpage on this weekend. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

jdean

Nice beautiful park. Water slides and water park is a great draw for the kids. Lot's of activities for the family to do. When you go, plan on staying at the park, as there is not much to do away from the resort. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Bethpage Camp Resort?