Urbanna, Virginia

• River River yes
  • Creek Creek yes
  • Water Park Water Park yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $90.00

This is a very nice rv resort. There is lots to do. The first problem was that it rained for two days & my friends' sites were under water & lots of mud. We were fortunate in that our site was fine. However, unless you own a golf cart, don't bother staying here. They definitely take presidence over those that don't have one. I was sitting at the pool & an employee came up & told us we had to move our car to make room for more golf carts to park by the pool. Now I think it's ridiculous that you need a golf cart to get around. However, it is a big resort & to each its own. I would have walked to the pool, but I broken my foot at the beginning of summer & still have issues w/ it. I can't walk that far because it hurts. And they tell me I need to move my car to make way for golf carts. Ah, NO! I doubt I would ever come back here even if I did have a golf cart. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

RD14A

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

Although this camp ground looks pretty in pictures it is anything but. The campground charges way to much for everything. Their attitude is that "they have people lined up to get in so there is no need to provide any sense of customer service or respect". Want to bring a guest? It's $12.00 extra, per person. Want something quick to eat at the restaurant, good luck walking away paying less than $15 to $20 per person. Hope you brought your own golf cart because that will cost you a pretty penny as well. The people at the store, the pool, the restaurant and the outside mini golf/ice cream speak to you as if you are waisting their time. I'm also not sure what it is about this camp ground, but people don't tend to follow the noise ordinance either. The party crowd drives their custom golf carts around blaring music at all hours of the day and night. (Yes 1, 2:00 in the morning, they're still at it.) Then I think to get back at them, the season camper start their lawn mowers and what ever else electric and loud at 6:30 / 7:00 in the morning. Please don't even get me started on the excruciating high price of being a season camper, which they are happy to raise the cost of each year. This is our first and last year of being seasonal and I say good riddance. I highly recommend you find another camp ground. This one is not worth the head aches. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $85.00

We just returned home from BethPage RV Resort located in Urbanna, VA. According to this resort's marketing, this resort is supposed to have been name the #1 RV Resort in the country - several times. I agree that it was very nice and clean, but I am not sure above #1. We reserved a "super" site. Super sites are located on Virginia Ave (main road through the resort). The sites are very narrow - as you will note from the pictures I have included - our neighbor's hookups were located where our brick patio ended. It's also worth noting that their sewer hookups were about 18 inches away from our picnic table. Nothing like that mild sewer smell when you are having your lunch and dinner. Our granddaughters were also on this trip with us, and they loved the pools, water slides and playground. Husband did a little fishing but said he did not catch anything. There were also folks crabbing- they appeared to be having lots of fun. Resort also has a miniature golf course with a nice ice cream shop. I honestly do not think I've ever seen so many golf carts in one place. They drive up and down Virginia Ave - makes its somewhat dangerous for younger children trying to get across the road to play and go to the pool. Also, it appeared that many of the cart owners were hard of hearing - we could certainly hear their music inside of our very well insulated motorhome. Most of the employees were very pleasant, helpful and informative. One lady in the office and one ground's employee must have been having bad days. We would stay here again, but if we do, we will reserve a non-super site. They are twice the size, but do not have a bricked patio or paved parking for the RV. Unless you really want to be in the middle of the "action" avoid the super sites. The sites in the regular RV portion of the resort are more spacious.The dog walk is also at the lower end of the non-super site section. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

WA-05

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $80.00

Great place if you have kids who like to do a lot of things. Water park, water sports, crabbing, laser tag etc. we really enjoyed it. It has a ton of things to do. Everything is well taken care of. My only negative thing, is that it is very crowded. A lot of golf carts, and a lot of noise. We will visit here again. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Pavers

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $85.00

We stayed here for a motorcoach rally, so the RV park was chosen for us. The place is massive - 1200 spots - some nightly/weekly and most had more permanent dwellings. The RV site we had was in a grassy area and partially shaded which was nice in the mid-July heat. Site was mostly level, easily accommodated our 43' motorhome, and had a picnic table. Nicely laid out park with lots to do for kids. Great pool area with waterslides, man-made lake, mini-golf just to name a few. All services worked as expected. They also have cable tv, which provided plenty of channels. Wifi was decent and we got Verizon 4G service without any issues. My only deterrent for returning is the children running around out of every orifice of the park (bikes, running, golf carts, skateboards) - and a lot without any type of parental supervision, even late into the evening. One kid simply cruised up and down the main drag in a decorated golf cart blaring rap music, constantly. We were there mid-week, so we can only imagine the chaos on a weekend or holiday. Did not use the facilities (bathrooms, etc) and were so busy with the rally events that we never checked out the store. They did have a very nice event center. Staff we had contact with were all very courteous. Gated entry to the park which is a bonus. There's a person on site that makes custom wooden signs. He does a great job (got one for the coach). If we find ourselves in that area in the future, we'd probably stay there again -- just after Labor Day. Urbanna is a cute, quaint historic town. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

If you're looking for local seafood, check out the Urbanna Seafood and Raw Bar. It's very close to Bethpage resort (you can see some of the campers from the deck of the restaurant). Right on the creek with great sunset views. Friendly staff and decent prices. Get the steamed crabs.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $95.00

This is a huge park with a water park, pool and many amenities. Would have rated a 10 except for the price. We were there for an Entegra Rally and had a wonderful time, but not return because $95.00 is too much to pay for any park. Site are grass for $85, but if you want a paved site it is $95. Had good wifi, but could not get satellite because of the trees. They do have cable. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

CM06

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $85.00

This is a pricier campground but you're paying for all of the amenities. It is a large campground and definitely a "resort", not a nature, camping feel. They have full hookups with wi fi and cable included. We didn't hook up to the cable. All the sites looked pretty level, prior visitors told us some of the sites have a lot of standing water when it rains. Many of the sites are shaded, we stayed between rhododendron and magnolia streets and had trees shading us. Great pool area! There is something for EVERY age at the pool. They have 3 water slides, in water lily pads and basketball hoops. Also some dumping buckets and rain mushroom (?). There is a padded ground water park for little kids, jungle gym, large water guns, slide, sprinklers, etc. There is a regular graded pool, starting at a few feet up to 5 feet. There is also an adult pool and 2 baby pools. Bathrooms and snack bar are located next to the pool. Lots of attentive lifeguards. They also have a lake with a water trampoline, beach area, gazebo on the water, and another snack bar and bathroom near that. Bikes and go karts for rent. Miniature golf and ice cream shop within walking distance (part of the campground). Lots of room to ride bikes. A boat launch with docks is available. They have kayaks and SUP for rent as well. Great little bay-like area to kayak and it leads to the river. Great area for boating...although we did see a snake in the water on our day of departure. Staff is all EXCELLENT. They all seem to enjoy their jobs and interacting with guests. That speaks volumes! There is also a great little dog walk area, only addition I would like to see is an off leash dog park. Dog pick up stations are also provided around the campground. Love this resort, we were entertained for 4 days, I would definitely return!! We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Magnolia 26

Dirt track is nearby. Grocery store also within 5 minutes.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $85.00

This park is supposed to be the number one rated Park in America. It has about 400 overnight sights and 800 permanent sites. There are lots of activities, swimming pool, man-made lake, and Beach. However, the crowd and the traffic is ridiculous. You can barely move for golf cart traffic. The staff in the office and store are just plain rude. The park is decent. It has an awesome splash park for little kids. I would not come here again because it is ridiculously expensive for what you get and the office staff are so rude. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Juniper

Within an hour drive to Colonial Williamsburg and Yorktown and Virginia Beach.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $60.00

Visited on opening weekend. This continues to be an outstanding RV with a huge waterpark, playground, beach etc. Sites are large making pull throughs a breeze. CG is spotless. Registration is at the gate and quick. A guide picks you up upon completion of registration and escorts you to your spot. Trash is picked up in the morning. Roads have been upgraded since last. We had a pull through alongside Virginia Avenue (main drag) and would avoid it. There is a fair amount of traffic, cars, golf carts and pedestrian traffic on the avenue to make privacy difficult. No OATV nor SATV (blocked by trees). CATV is excellent. WiFi was also excellent.If you have kids - this is a fun place to go. Not much to do in Urbanna. Bethpage is advertised as a resort and they price accordingly. For us, we didn't see the value and probably won't return, but as mentioned above, kids would love it. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

DG 03
Sand

Not much to do in Urbanna. The campground is the entertainment.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $90.00

This park consistently receives the highest ratings and deserve them. We stayed during the Oyster Festival. The staff was well organized and checked in a huge number of RVs in a very short time. The CG is superb. Clean, well layed out with amenities that will please all. Sites are level with normally plenty of space between rigs. During the Oyster Festival, two rigs are packed into a one rig site. First rig gets services of their choice. There is transportation provided to the festival for which they charge $2.oo per person one way for a mile trip. Parking downtown is $20.00. During the evening, open campfires are permitted, one was built less than six feet from my propane tank. Until 2300, music is loud and people have a great time. Quiet hours are strictly observed. They have great areas to exercise your pets. I think it is very overpriced during the festival and simple amenities such as festival transportation should be included in the 90/day rate (it is going up next year). Looking forward to staying at the park outside festival dates. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

Rhododendron

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

Great facility friendly staff, we wound up leaving the RV at the campsite for 3 weeks. It was the end of the season and it was cheaper than hauling RV back and forth each weekend. If you have kids the Halloween weekends are great and a lot of sites go all out. Ready to experience our first Crabfeast and oyster fest this season! Highly recommend this resort, lots of stuff for the kids or the whole family to do. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Site 12
Concrete, Asphalt

There is putt-putt golf, a Beach , golf cart rental, fishing , cornhole boards, an ice cream stand, family organized events, restaurant, swimming pool and water slide, playgrounds for the kids, clean comfort stations, dump site, camp store and event center. Great staff and people camping around us.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $42.00

This campground is easily in the top five of the 80 RV parks and campgrounds we have visited so far. We spent a week here beginning just after Labor Day so it was very quiet and we got their off season rates. This park has terrific facilities, great WiFi, super clean bathrooms, huge pool area (although only open on weekends at this time of year), a "river beach", huge camp store, a café (again, weekends only right now), etc. They have lots of seasonal units as well as cabin rentals. The area for transient campers is in a large section with mature pine trees. The large sites are grassy with nice asphalt driveways. There's even an on-site wash station with vacuum (quarters needed). AT&T 4G service shows signal strength of -113 dBm which is moderate to weak. We had a full hookup site with 50 amp electric at about $42 based upon a weekly rate. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $92.00

First time staying at Bethpage, heard lots about the camp ground prior to going and wanted to check it out ourselves. Site was VERY spacious, and level. Site was grass with some dirt, wish there was a bit more gravel on sites. Strong odor of septic the first night however mgmt stayed on top of the issue and pumped out the system multiple times throughout our stay. Pool and waterpark was very busy due to the heat, temperature of the water was also very hot, and at times not very refreshing. Our site (Sycamore 3) was on the main road of the campground and was a great view for the nightly golf cart cruising. Ice cream store and mini golf was extremely far from main campsites. Our group enjoyed a sunset cruise on the Bethpager. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

Sycamore 3
Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $47.00

This RV park claims that it is "The Best RV Park in the Nation", but after our 3-day visit, I am still trying to figure out why. About half of the park is filled with park models which are occupied by returning summer tenants. Yes, it has a waterpark and seems very family friendly. Yes, the staff were very helpful and friendly. But, in my opinion, that is where the positives end. Almost all of the RV sites, outside of a few paved "supersites" are on grass (not gravel, but grass) and I am not a fan of that. We have a large fifth wheel, and we had no business on the grass. We tried pulling into one of the grass sites and got stuck in the mud. It took myself and a crew of five Bethpage staff about an hour of hard work to get us out. After that, I said that I had to have one of the "supersites". To the credit of the Bethpage staff, they put us into a "supersite" without charging us the extra cost typically required of these sites. Even if you get a "supersite", they are very tight--you are right on top of your neighbors. There are fire rings at the "supersites" but I wouldn't start a fire in one for fear of burning down my neighbor's RV. The hookups were good and the WiFi was good (although the RV section of the park was almost vacant, and I am not sure how good the WiFi would be in the peak of summer when the park is full). There is no recycling available on site, and for the huge size of this park this is unacceptable. Bethpage does not offer a military discount, and this does not reflect positively on ownership. We stayed during the offseason, so we only paid $47 per night, but I cannot imagine paying the high rates charged during the summer for RV accommodations that are way overpriced and overhyped. I seriously doubt that we would consider returning to Bethpage. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $80.00

We had stayed in this park before for the big Oyster Fest in the town of Urbanna so we knew it would be crowded for that. Well, this time it's a normal weekend in August and it's not any less crowded or chaotic. As someone said there are kids everywhere, riding bikes on the narrow main road, not looking, riding through your site when you're sitting right there, etc. Golf carts everywhere also. We have one that rides in the back of our truck and we were going to get it out to use but they charge $15 a day to have your own. Also, they wanted proof of $100,000 in liability insurance. Ours is on our homeowners policy and we didn't have proof of that and they wouldn't let us use the cart unless we could provide it. Then we had two guests come to visit us in their car and they were charged them $12 EACH just to come to our site and visit for an hour!!!!! This park is out to get ever cent from you they can, but they don't give back. They have great amenities for kids, a pool with lots of large play structures, but I wouldn't want to go there and compete with all those kids. Then there is a lake with a sandy beach but again filled with kids, rude ones. At night it's very noisy, even after quiet hours and tons of campfires and smoke. Unless you pay for a premium site ($90 night) which are very narrow, very close together but do have concrete pads you're on grass, every site. They rent golf carts and have a fleet of them for $45 a day! There is cable and wi-fi included in your site rental but the rest is a big money maker, not worth the stop. There are permanent park models here as well as rental models and permanent sites all are on top of one another. There is just a feel of being crowded and closed in throughout the whole park. They've been voted twice as National RV Park of the Year, but I don't know what those standards are, certainly not the BEST RV park! This place is truly a rip-off, they nickel and dime you for everything. We camped at Bethpage Camp Resort in a Motorhome.

SA 08

The town of Urbanna is quaint and cute. We had some good Italian food at Angelo's Colonial Pizza in town and there is a small grocery store, the Urbanna Market. Has most of anything you'd need.

Are you affiliated with Bethpage Camp Resort ?