Shenandoah Valley Campground

Verona, Virginia 24482

• Golf Golf yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Shenandoah Valley Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $46.00

We stayed for six nights at this campground. Staff was friendly and accommodating. All sites are situated under very tall, established pine trees. Campground was extremely well maintained. Campsites were level with fine gravel and pea gravel made up the rest of each site. I cannot comment on the bathrooms or showers as we did not use them. Pool was not open yet so cannot comment there, nor was the tubing open as the water was very cold. Campground provided fire rings and picnic tables. You may NOT bring your own firewood due to foreign pests. Camp store was pretty sparse and not well stocked at all. It looked to me like they had gone to the travel section of Wal-Mart and bought a dozen of each item and tripled the prices. But, it was early in the season. They had several "money making" machines that seemed to be like magnets to my children...one of which was that moving quarter pushing machine, which my son really could not pull himself away from. Having these kinds of machines are okay, I guess, but I personally felt like it was a bit off taste to have them...nothing like teaching young kids to gamble. Just my opinion though. Also, had a family movie playing every night in the shelter. This was a fun way to spend a couple of the nights...bring your own chair, blanket, snacks and take in a movie. Liked this a lot. We arrived on a Friday knowing the weather was supposed to be torrential rain all day Saturday so we planned accordingly with indoor games, etc. Saturday the weather cleared about 3 p.m. and we ventured out to Wal-Mart for a few things we forgot. Returned two hours later to a bit more rain and then got the news from the campground staff that we were being evacuated as the river was due to crest very high in the next few hours. The staff secured alternate sites that were above the flood stage for those campers that had reservations into the next week - which we were. We got settled into our new site just before midnight and went to sleep. The staff went the extra mile and came camper to camper on Sunday morning to tell everybody that they were making free breakfast for all campers! How nice - I didn't have to cook! When the water receded, we decided to move back to our original site as it had not been flooded and thoroughly enjoyed the remainder of our stay. Our electric jack broke during this second set up on our original site and the staff were very kind to lone us a car jack to use for the remainder of our stay...this was so nice and certainly above what we would have expected. We watched in amazement as all the staff set about cleaning up flood debris, bringing in new stone, leveling out damaged road, etc. By Monday afternoon, it looked like a brand new campground in the areas effected by the flood. It was like watching little elves getting ready for Christmas the way they were all scurrying around working! We finished out our stay and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope to one day go in warmer weather and check out the pool and then tubing! We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $39.00

Very nice well laid out RV park. Located about 3 miles off of I-81. We called the day before and made reservations. They could not have been friendlier. We arrived late in the evening, so the office was closed, but the roads were well marked and very wide. The sites were well marked and the transient area was completely open. We had the place to ourselves. My only issue was we wanted to have a clear access to the southern sky for Directv purposes, and the site we had was obstructed by trees. We moved from the assigned spot to one that give us a clear shot at the satellite which did not seem to bother anyone. Too bad it was pouring rain the next day as we would have liked to walked around and explored the camp, but the weather was terrible. You do have a short couple of miles to drive on a small road off of the interstate, but it's very manageable. First rate operation. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $44.00

Campground was scenic and pleasant. Pull-through sites easily accommodated us, and the staff welcomed us heartily. We spent only one night but would return. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $42.00

This is one our favorite local places to camp. Most spots are shady. We always camp by the water. We just back the rv in and the river is behind us. The kids play there all of the time. Very nice to put your chairs in the water when it is hot. We also went tubing and enjoyed that. This is a small cg, but staff is very friendly and helpful. Kids can ride their bikes all over the campground and always find someone to play with. The karaoke on the weekend is nice and the pool is small, but nice. There is mini golf and other activities to do. the bathrooms are always being cleaned and security runs around cg all night. We always meet nice people there. It is a very relaxing place to stay. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shenandoah Valley Campground

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $39.00

I agree with the other posters. Nice park, but way too expensive even with the Good Sam discount. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $42.00

Nice campground: it's very family oriented and has alot to offer. The friendly staff are mostly young kids working the desk. We were in a 40ft motorhome and that's about the limit here. Very tight with trees, both for pulling in and for the slideouts. Fine for pop-ups, trailers and most fivers. Only has 30 amp service; cable TV was bad with 15 stations and not clear. There is no satellite because of the trees, even with a portable. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $37.00

Nice park. Clean and well maintained. Arrived on a Saturday, park was full. Sites too close for my liking. Park cleared out on Sunday, making the rest of the stay quite nice. Beautiful natural setting. River a bit too shallow to enjoy the tubing, but maybe better at a different time of year. Convenient access from I-81. Plenty of shopping in nearby Staunton. We stayed here as a base camp for touring Shenandoah National Park. This park is located near the Southern gate of the National Park. It was doable, but a campground located nearer the center of the park would have been a better choice. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $35.00

This is a wonderful family park on a long stretch of the Middle River (great for tubing if its not too low). While the CG is on the river, few sites are "waterfront" or even "view." Lots of tall trees, grass & gravel. Pond and river fishing (trout stocked). Very friendly staff. Wi-Fi is good, Cable is OK, cell phone coverage poor. Lots of tourist activities in neighboring Stanton. A definite destination CG. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $35.00

WOW! This is a beautiful campground! Our pull through site backs up to a beautiful river which includes a waterfall. The river is not actually visible from the site, but it's only 20 feet away. The sites are level, packed down gravel and are wide, and the entire area is very treed. I couldn't use my satellite, but the cable was adequate. Verona, VA, is where the Skyline Drive becomes the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it's a great location for touring both. If I'm ever back in this area I will definitely stay here. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $40.00

This is one beautiful park. We loved the over all appearance of the park. Plus, families really enjoy this park as there is some much to do,etc. It seems they are in the process of up dating some things. They had recently added a lot of gravel to the lower part of the park. The upper part where our sites was located could use a lot more gravel. There is not many 50 amp services and our 30 amp service showed low voltage on my voltage meter. We would camp at this park again... We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $40.00

This is a nice, clean park. It took 3 days of telephone tag to get through to make a reservation: their system is not user friendly. Lots of trees make it extremely difficult for a 45 ft. MH to maneuver. They gave me a 30 amp site and didn't tell me they only had three 50 amp sites when I booked. Other than being able to use only one A/C, the wife is screaming about not being able to use her 220 volt dryer. When I asked if my satellite dome would be able to see the sky, I was told they had cable: HUH? What does that have to do with me wanting to use my own DTV service? So now we have the poorest quality cable TV ever: about 8 channels, of WEST COAST channels. That means the morning shows will be on 3 hours late and after we leave for the day. I really like this CG and it's in a neat location, but the staff seems so inept and insensitive to a camper's needs that I have a hard time recommending it to others. The guy next to me had the same experience. I'd say camp here at your own peril. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $42.00

Very clean sites. On gravel and stones full hook up. I was very surprised that when we pulled in the person across the street was using the cable TV hookup for our site. I unplugged the cable and the guy came flying out of his camper and said I am paying for that and we said yeah so are we so he went to the office and they gave him a splitter. That is my only complaint. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $44.00

This campground is nicely kept, sites are close together and gravel and stone. My gripe is with the price. I think that $44/night for a 30 amp, W & S site is excessive. The road in from the highway is tight but doable. The staff is pleasant. We'll probably stay here again as we have family in nearby Harrisonburg. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $37.00

Park was easy to find and not very far from interstate 81. Park was spacious with plenty of treed sites and the park was very well manicured and fairly clean. Park was easy to navigate with Travel Trailer. The Staff was courteous. For sites without sewer connection, you could pay $5 per day to have the staff clean out with pump truck. Park was packed during our stay, but because it is so spacious, we did not feel crowded at all. Beautiful waterfall on the river with an even prettier giant home-made "STOP no trespassing" sign near the top...LoL Decent fishing as I caught Small mouth bass, rock bass and stocked rainbow trout in the river. Fishing lake is small and good for the kiddies and full of trout and bass. Playground equipment was a little shaky. My main concerns were with the bathrooms/showers...they were quite a distance from the the lower half of the campground and they were not very clean. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and we will visit again. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $35.00

Pretty park in a well-treed setting with big, soft, fat, long-eared bunnies cruising around all over the place. Pond/lake on the premises. Sites are gravel or dirt and there are tent campers here as well. Staff is attentive and the place is well-cared-for. We'll stay here again on our way South. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shenandoah Valley Campground

Are you affiliated with Shenandoah Valley Campground ?