Shenandoah Valley Campground

Verona, Virginia 24482

• Golf Golf yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Shenandoah Valley Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $40.00

We had a very nice stay at this KOA. Found it by accident (we were stopping at the Hardee's near the interstate for lunch, saw the sign and decided to check it out). Quiet campground along a river. Lots of riverfront sites. Easy access through the campground for big rigs, lots of pull-throughs. Wi-Fi was EXCELLENT! This is an important amenity for us (teenage son) and theirs was the best we've ever had at a KOA (high speed and didn't drop the connection). Great to see the wildlife being treated so well (rabbits and ducks strolling through the campground, food available at the office, signs warning of duck crossing and not to mistreat the wildlife). Staff was very professional and polite. Breakfast, pizza, and other fast-food type meals available at the snack bar in the office. It was such a pleasant experience, we decided to stay an extra night. FYI, we did receive an email confirming the $10 cancellation fee (mentioned in another review for this campground). Our $40 fee included a shaded, very level, full hook-up site, cable TV, Wi-Fi, fire ring and picnic table. Ample room to open our awning. The only thing this KOA is missing is a fenced dog run. If they had that, I'd have given it a 10. They do have an unfenced dog walk area and you can walk your dogs through the campground. If we travel through this area again, we'd definitely camp there. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $33.00

We made reservations in April for two nights of camping in July, one on the way to the shore, one on the way back. I received my credit card statement for April and saw that both nights' camping were already charged. I thought, I don't remember them saying they were charging it when I made reservations, but whatever. Then I called in May to cancel, due to a change in my husband's work schedule. I was told that there would be a $10 cancellation fee per night, which was supposedly in a confirmation email that I don't remember getting (the lady on the phone said she had a hard time hearing me...I wonder if she got my email address wrong). I was annoyed with the charges and talked to a manager. She heard me out and wasn't rude, but she basically said I was out of luck. She's got my money already, so there's not much I can do about it! I informed them they'd lost our business for our rescheduled trip, but once again, they didn't seem to care, because they got $20 for nothing. It seems like a lovely campground, which is why we made reservations there in the first place, but just be aware that you'll get charged if you cancel. I understand why campgrounds need cancellation policies, but seriously--like they're not going to re-reserve two Saturday nights in July within the next two months? That's unreasonable. I just hope my experience saves someone else some money, because my $20 is a lost cause! We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $29.00

Large campground with many sites on a river. There's a short walk to a nice waterfall. There are some indoor hot tubs. There are a bunch of bunnies on the lawn surrounding the office who are very cute and tame. We would return. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $40.00

Interesting Place! Dozens of rabbits running around the place. Campsite was comfortable. Pond had fish. Other campers were friendly. I would come back again, convenient to several area trout streams. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shenandoah Valley Campground

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $37.00

Quiet park in the trees by a river. We had WIFI from the park. Our cell phone, Dish and Aircard would not work. There was cable, but we didn't use it. The rig behind us had to come across the road to use our cable connection. We were here overnight and moved on, so have no real opinion of this park. It was good for an overnight stay and we would stay here again. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $36.00

Cable at our site was terrible. Showers were filthy. Bathrooms were ok. Cell service is spotty. Nice setting next to a small river. If you are in the area, this is an ok place for the night. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $39.00

We stayed here for one night on our way to Bristol, TN. The motorhome sites are tight, don't expect to be lounging around at your campsite. The tent sites near the river and waterfall are muddy and will flood if it rains - so tent campers beware! There are also sites (the pull-thrus without sewer) that looked liked they flooded when it rained as well. There are domestic bunnies everywhere which people seemed to enjoy, but I'm not all that keen on having domestic animals wandering around in the "wild". The hot tubs were nice (there are 4), but you cannot adjust the temperature - it is set at around 95 degrees. You must shower before using them, and the showers were pretty scary. Just... not all that clean. A good bottle of Clorox would do a lot of good in there. That and a 100 watt light bulb overhead. The pool was clean and was large and there were chairs provided. The miniature golf course was a joke, but we did play and enjoyed it despite it being rather hokey. I would not recommend this campground for a long stay but for an overnight or perhaps a weekend, it will work okay. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Sid

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $33.00

It was a KOA. We camped in dirt, there were kids running and screaming all over the place, the bathrooms weren't all that clean. The walls of the shower were dirty and the shower never did get warm. There were rabbits, the domestic kind all over the place, and rabbit food available in the store. But I got tired of stepping in rabbit doo doo. They had a coffee machine which was out of order, and all in all just not that well kept up. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Tent.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $34.00

This is a nice campground in the mountains. Positives include tubing down the river, nice pool, ability to purchase meals and snacks such as funnel cakes. Negatives include crowded sites, partying campers, and restrooms that were not cleaned early enough after a busy Friday night. Overall, this is a nice campground. It would be more pleasant during the week when you can avoid the party crowds during the weekend. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $37.00

The park is neatly organized and in good condition as far as camp sites go. Most of the sites on the river seem to be for dry camping. We were given a more spacious spot on the top of the hill. Almost all of the sites are shaded. The weekend we went, the campground was completely booked. However, there was plenty of staff to help with the crowd. I did feel the lady cleaning the restrooms should have had about three more people helping her and they should have been cleaned three times a day due to the sheer volume of use. Perhaps this campground just needs another bath house. We all enjoyed the activities and with the exception of keeping dogs on a leash and cleaning up after their mess, most of the campers seemed to follow the rules. Had their been another bath house or cleaning done more often, I would have rated it higher. The bathrooms weren't atrocious, the cleaning lady just needed a little more help to keep up. We will go back. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $38.00

We loved this park! The natural scenery is beautiful and the sites were well spaced out. The pool was very big and there were nightly movies with a neat concession stand. There is also a general store. We were here only one night but wished we had time to spend a week. The river and waterfall are very pretty and there is good fishing in both the river and the stocked pond. The only drawback is the location of the bathrooms. You must climb a hill. The bathrooms could have used a little more attention. They weren't dirty, but just got a little messy from time to time. Overall, I highly recommend this park! We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $37.00

Nice CG but electric service was low and my surge protector clicked off several times and so running the A/C was something of a challenge. Was crowded and sites are close but the camp is active and the staff/owners go out of their way to accommodate the campers. Wi-Fi worked well within my camper but we could not use the satellite dish because of the overhead trees. Their TV hook-up worked but not well. Nice pool, nice hot tubs and tubing on the river is a plus. Very nice family CG. We would stay here again but not during peak season. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2007 - $35.00

Very nice campground! Hot tubs are great after a long drive although they close fairly early at night. Pool was not opened yet for the season. Large tame rabbits roam freely around the sites. My kids and wife loved the bunnies! Rabbit food costs 50 cents at the camp store. All sites and roads are freshly graveled. No mud or dirt without grass. Clean fire rings. Scenic river sites and views with waterfall near the tent area. No highway noise. Stocked fishing pond with large trout. Staff was friendly, helpful and volunteered to give advice and assistance. They even lent me a ladder and caulk gun after I discovered a leak in my ceiling. We will return again if in the area. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2006 - $35.00

Great place for short stays. Sites are a little close but easy in/ out. There is a store and small snack bar, which was not opened during our stay. Beautiful scenery, waterfalls, stream, trees, pond, and lovely walking paths. Met some of the nicest people here including the staff. We had good cable and wireless connection.Only problem that we encountered was a mix up in our need for a 50 amp site. We managed however, fortunately not needing air conditioning at this time of year. Would highly recommend this campground. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2006 - $38.00

Stayed over night to rest on our way back home. Thought sites were a little too close, especially the fire rings. The river was great for tubing. Beautiful waterfall. Nice putt-putt course. Wish we could have stayed longer (I have a 12 year old that really enjoyed the tubing and playing in the river). Watch out for the trees. Kind of hard to maneuver, we kept the fifth wheel connected to truck. Would definitely go back. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shenandoah Valley Campground

Are you affiliated with Shenandoah Valley Campground ?