Shenandoah Valley Campground

Verona, Virginia

296 Riner Ln
Verona, Virginia 24482

• Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Shenandoah Valley Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $35.00

Got to be in my book one of the worst campgrounds I've ever stayed in. Too many campers in a park. Sites are about 10 feet apart and very short. Cable TV is poor, unlevel sites. Lots to do for kids is why I gave it a 2. And the locals must love it for some reason because it was packed. Guess I just don't like my neighbors being on top of me. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $40.00

This is a nice, clean park. It took 3 days of telephone tag to get through to make a reservation: their system is not user friendly. Lots of trees make it extremely difficult for a 45 ft. MH to maneuver. They gave me a 30 amp site and didn't tell me they only had three 50 amp sites when I booked. Other than being able to use only one A/C, the wife is screaming about not being able to use her 220 volt dryer. When I asked if my satellite dome would be able to see the sky, I was told they had cable: HUH? What does that have to do with me wanting to use my own DTV service? So now we have the poorest quality cable TV ever: about 8 channels, of WEST COAST channels. That means the morning shows will be on 3 hours late and after we leave for the day. I really like this CG and it's in a neat location, but the staff seems so inept and insensitive to a camper's needs that I have a hard time recommending it to others. The guy next to me had the same experience. I'd say camp here at your own peril. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $33.00

We made reservations in April for two nights of camping in July, one on the way to the shore, one on the way back. I received my credit card statement for April and saw that both nights' camping were already charged. I thought, I don't remember them saying they were charging it when I made reservations, but whatever. Then I called in May to cancel, due to a change in my husband's work schedule. I was told that there would be a $10 cancellation fee per night, which was supposedly in a confirmation email that I don't remember getting (the lady on the phone said she had a hard time hearing me...I wonder if she got my email address wrong). I was annoyed with the charges and talked to a manager. She heard me out and wasn't rude, but she basically said I was out of luck. She's got my money already, so there's not much I can do about it! I informed them they'd lost our business for our rescheduled trip, but once again, they didn't seem to care, because they got $20 for nothing. It seems like a lovely campground, which is why we made reservations there in the first place, but just be aware that you'll get charged if you cancel. I understand why campgrounds need cancellation policies, but seriously--like they're not going to re-reserve two Saturday nights in July within the next two months? That's unreasonable. I just hope my experience saves someone else some money, because my $20 is a lost cause! We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Sid

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $33.00

It was a KOA. We camped in dirt, there were kids running and screaming all over the place, the bathrooms weren't all that clean. The walls of the shower were dirty and the shower never did get warm. There were rabbits, the domestic kind all over the place, and rabbit food available in the store. But I got tired of stepping in rabbit doo doo. They had a coffee machine which was out of order, and all in all just not that well kept up. We camped at Shenandoah Valley Campground in a Tent.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shenandoah Valley Campground

Are you affiliated with Shenandoah Valley Campground ?